Tripe, Nonsense and Balderdash

since listening to you all over on the 'let's hear it' thread, i love how now i hear your voice each time i read you - it's lent a whole new dimension to reading your poetry :cool:

since listening to you all over on the 'let's hear it' thread, i love how now i hear your voice each time i read you - it's lent a whole new dimension to reading your poetry :cool:

When I can get some quiet time I want to add some more to Let's Hear It. Tod has given me a green light to voice some of his and there are others that I'll be asking for permission as well, I'm sorting through my favorites looking for the ones that I "hear" strongly.

It's fun to me, the differences in the way we each hear a piece and the nuances that are brought forth by those differences. There are pieces that I've read and "heard" a certain way but are read aloud in a completely different way by the poet. I've sometimes found myself saying "No, no no!" When I hear a poet read aloud, lol. A monotone reading makes me cringe. When I'm listening to poetry I want it brought to life, not droned out like a eulogy read from someone with no feeling for the deceased.

unfinished summer challenge piece

The Door Into Summer

I sift these winter days
through my threadbare coat
and your miles gone boots
until my cataract gaze
glimpses the inn
where we gave out
our last gasp
Memories flood my parched heart
stormy summer days
when you lapped at my inlet
slammed against my rising banks
Flashed lightning through me
and we shuddered the windows
with our thunder

ah, now this was strong - shame you didn't find your completion. i prefer it over mine which echoes the summer storminess yours gives more vivid too. :cool:

ah, now this was strong - shame you didn't find your completion. i prefer it over mine which echoes the summer storminess yours gives more vivid too. :cool:

I'll finish it eventually, was very annoyed with myself for not being able to get it all out for the challenge though.

unfinished summer challenge piece

The Door Into Summer

I sift these winter days
through my threadbare coat
and your miles gone boots
until my cataract gaze
glimpses the inn
where we gave out
our last gasp
Memories flood my parched heart
stormy summer days
when you lapped at my inlet
slammed against my rising banks
Flashed lightning through me
and we shuddered the windows
with our thunder

First 3 lines were "OMG," why can't I write like that?!" I think if you culled lines 4-14 a little, it could be as powerful as lines 1-3. Just my opinion, Trix.

First 3 lines were "OMG," why can't I write like that?!" I think if you culled lines 4-14 a little, it could be as powerful as lines 1-3. Just my opinion, Trix.

Well said! this as it stands is as strong if not stronger than most of the pieces submitted.

Back