Numb lip days after BJ?

Miss_Scarlett

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Apr 11, 2005
Posts
352
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place so apologies if this needs to be moved, but I'd appreciate some advice.

On Sat night I gave my lover a looooooong BJ. It was our first time and I wanted to show off my oral skills, so it covered everything from softly kissing his balls to fucking his cock with my mouth and all points in between, and went on probably for maybe an hour or so with me edging him throughout. At various stages I was applying a certain amount of pressure with my mouth.

Yesterday I started noticing a numb sensation in the left side of my lower lip and it's still there today. It's not the mildly astringent numbness I sometimes get in my mouth immediately after a man has cum, and anyway he came on my tongue and I swallowed so his sperm didn't touch my mouth there. It's more like a less extreme version of the feeling you get after the dentist when the local anaesthetic has started to wear off so you're no longer drooling, but you still haven't got full sensation back. It extends from the corner of my mouth most of the way along my lip and about halfway down my chin on the left side.

We had been using lube earlier but he'd washed that off before I started sucking him, and I wouldn't have expected it to last this long if it had been something topical. Is it possible that I've caused myself some minor nerve damage? Has anyone else ever experienced this or anything similar?

I have to dash off to work shortly, so apologies if it appears I've posted and run - I'll catch up with any replies this evening. TIA.
 
Is it possible that he used a "prolong" cream prior to the two of you getting together for the evening? If not that, some spermacides in condoms can have a similar effect.
 
You could have overdone it.
I've had pain on the underside of the tongue in the connective part called frenulum and even had a hard knot there. I guess something like that could put pressure on a nerve or something?
Or perhaps a reaction to som cream or soap like other suggested

Otherwise you might want to talk to a medical professional if it's not getting better.
 
FAST is an acronym used as a mnemonic to help detect and enhance responsiveness to stroke victim needs. The acronym stands for Facial drooping, Arm weakness, Speech difficulties and Time.

  • Facial drooping: A section of the face, usually only on one side, that is drooping and hard to move
  • Arm weakness: The inability to raise one's arm fully
  • Speech difficulties: An inability or difficulty to understand or produce speech
  • Time: Time is of the essence when having a stroke, and an immediate call to emergency services or trip to the hospital is recommended.

I've never given a blowjob to a guy, let alone one that that used an enhancing cream. I'll edge to the side of caution and suggest you watch for other traits for having a stroke.
I don't know your age, but it can happen at any age.

Less the cause of stroke or some enhancement cream, I'd suggest that it sounds like lack of circulation or nerve damage. Either of which could be described after doing anything for a sustained period of time.
 
Thanks all. Definitely no prolonging creams, no condoms or spermicides. It's been 48 hours, there are no other odd symptoms and I've done a full day's work today without so much as a headache so I don't think it's a stroke or TIA.

I suspect it was just too much pressure on the nerve. It's maybe fractionally better tonight but still not back to normal.
 
I think stroke might be a little overreaction. This sounds more like Bell's Palsy. A nerve inflammation with no identifiable cause that can cause numbness around the lips and eyes. Usually resolves in a couple of months. Could be just some inflamed nerves. A one hour BJ. Lucky guy.
 
Never had this problem, but don't think I've ever given one for an hour without stopping.
 
Granted, it might be overreacting, but given unknown parameters, don't you think it's better to be overcautious? Not all strokes have all symptoms. Some come as a "minor stroke"

I'll agree that it's better to be overcautious with what the OP describes although she's well past the golden hour it would probably be wise to get checked out for a "stroke" event.
 
I'd say the key is the looong BJ, which may have put temporary pressure in the proximity of the jaw muscles and joint that has allow the mandibular nerve to become a bit irritated.

I've had an effect similar to what you describe and could almost draw a line around the affected area: you can't really feel light touch in the right way and sometimes you get a slight pins and needles too. Mine happened after a facial trauma and took a couple of months to settle down.

I'm not a medic so I cannot advise one way or another but if you're worried, then certainly see one - or even a dentist. Obviously if the pattern changes / extends it's certainly time to get it checked by someone who does know what they're doing!
 
I've had lips going numb from playing a bugle, and I guess that fellatio is about as hard (but in most cases less noisy).
The numbness disappeared rather quickly, had it lasted for days, I would have been worried.
 
General good practice would be to monitor it. If it spreads or gets worse, or other symptoms develop, go and see a doctor. If it gets better, all is well.
 
so I thought I'd pm but your box is full - should I post here to get your attention?

x
 
......

I suspect it was just too much pressure on the nerve. It's maybe fractionally better tonight but still not back to normal.


How are you doing?
(Except for the leg-humpers and mouth-breathers overflowing your inbox)

Are you back to normal?
 
Couldn't resist.

But if any ladies would like to take part in some medical trials to determine the cause for this?

Apply within;

Of course the alternative is the 'suck it and see' approach.

ps - Hope you're back to full sensation - 1 hours does sound quite wonderful ;)
 
Couldn't resist.

But if any ladies would like to take part in some medical trials to determine the cause for this?

Apply within;

Of course the alternative is the 'suck it and see' approach.

ps - Hope you're back to full sensation - 1 hours does sound quite wonderful ;)

It's posts like this that give necro-ing old threads a bad rep.

Really, dude?
 
I think stroke might be a little overreaction. This sounds more like Bell's Palsy. A nerve inflammation with no identifiable cause that can cause numbness around the lips and eyes. Usually resolves in a couple of months. Could be just some inflamed nerves. A one hour BJ. Lucky guy.

Bells Palsy was my guess, but there is usually dropping of the mouth to go with it.
 
Honestly you're lip may have 'gone to sleep', but of it continues I would mention it.

If you do see a doctor please come back and tell us how that conversation went.

See Doc for about an hour...:eek:
 
Couldn't resist.

But if any ladies would like to take part in some medical trials to determine the cause for this?

Apply within;

Of course the alternative is the 'suck it and see' approach.

ps - Hope you're back to full sensation - 1 hours does sound quite wonderful ;)
How about no?
 
Couldn't resist.

But if any ladies would like to take part in some medical trials to determine the cause for this?

Apply within;

I feel like the OP could have come on here with "hey I'm getting these pains in my chest during sex is that normal?" and this guy would still have tried to hump her leg.
 
I feel like the OP could have come on here with "hey I'm getting these pains in my chest during sex is that normal?" and this guy would still have tried to hump her leg.

And he's far from alone, he's just a little more blatant about it.

My wife will get some polite responses in threads then the same guy will send her a PM straight out of a porn, or 9th grade:rolleyes:
 
Well, she may have abandoned this thread for a year, but she's still posting elsewhere. So I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that she is okay.
 
Back
Top