1%'ers pay 24% of Federal Taxes

awe...is Sean trying to pretend he has a real income?

welfare asshole

Hey...US Government sends me 3800 bucks a month....FOREVER. On top of that I own 2 farms and an Orchard. :D

rage on NEM...rage on. :D

Who else votes?

Are you seriously saying the working poor have more political pull than the rich who purchase the elected officials and feed them legislation to pass?

LMFAO.....Do you even live in America?

Please don't tell me you are one of those who think there is a difference in a democrat and a republican?

If Obama is any proof on the politicians side of things their isn't IDK what is......the guy is Bush 2.0, only reason any fits from the RWCJ? (D) in front of his name and black guy.

I haven't read dolf's link. I'd be curious where the idea comes from that only the UK is suffering from that. I was under the influence that was problem here too.

An interesting article, although somewhat misconstrued. It also mentions Italy and France as other G7 countries that have experienced recently increased inequality, but not as consistently during the past 14 years as that of the UK. I would not have considered an equity position of $3,650 to be wealthy, but Dolf's linked article does. So go figure.

Really we could blame it on the people who are complaining about stockholders and the rich.
Who votes for the people that pass laws allowing the rich to do what they do?

Well the rich should be complained about. As for who votes lots of Americans.

Please don't tell me you are one of those who think there is a difference in a democrat and a republican?

There is, it's minor and only in certain places but it's definitely there.

An interesting article, although somewhat misconstrued. It also mentions Italy and France as other G7 countries that have experienced recently increased inequality, but not as consistently during the past 14 years as that of the UK. I would not have considered an equity position of $3,650 to be wealthy, but Dolf's linked article does. So go figure.

Thank you.

This is the oldest constitutional republic, so is its Constitution. Our nation is unique. There has never been another like it in history. It is the Constitution and it's limits on centralized planning that has made us a great nation. It is our free civil society acting in its own interests that has produced this super power.

A culture cannot change "a lot" and endure. Our freedom and all that it has wrought, hinges on the concept of limited government. It's those powers the Constitution does not grant to government that has made Americans the most powerful citizens on Earth. It is the willful desire to usurp that power by a social elite, through control of the educational system, that has created the present "culture of ignorance" that threatens the constitutional chains that bind the government.

A population of fools are not a nation, but with enough government force they can become a nation of slaves.

Well we are the oldest, whether the rest of your conditioning is true is up to question.

Of course a culture can change and radically and endure. Ours has. There you go again with your propaganda about the Constitution though.

Just how bad did your brain get damaged? :eek:

It was cumulative....only got 20% for the head job and that's only because they got a pic of the damage in there clear as day on the MRI, I had a doc fighting for months saying I was malingering despite the MRI clear as fuck, chunk o' metal in the head, he thought I was full of it...must have been a republican.

Toss in all the other shit that happened as a result of being blown/shot the fuck up, not once but twice, exposure to god knows what over 4 deployments and yea..100% retired @ 26 years old. In 1 piece for the most part but it's seriously lots of bubble gum and duct tape....so much so I pretty much had the fastest medical retirement the 18th Airborne Corps had ever done without testing positive for HIV or cancer.

Worth it? That's pretty debatable from a lot of perspectives believe me I've mulled quite a few over...

But it hasn't been too horrible because thankfully the kind people of the US have held up their end of our contract saying if I get wrecked on the job and live to deal with it they gotz my back enough for a dry warm bed and a hot meal. And for that I am truly thankful....because super lucky.

But it's got to PISS NEM and the rest of the RWCJ off to no end that they have the big evil government paying some PARASITE LIBURHUL who doesn't know anything about M'uricuh or patriotism and freedom for NOTHING.

I know it sends eyer to the fuckin' moon. :D

Would not have thought you were a Farmville fanboy. ;)

I'm not.

Watch out, you may be one of the 1%!

That would be nice but never going to happen.

It was cumulative....only got 20% for the head job and that's only because they got a pic of the damage in there clear as day on the MRI, I had a doc fighting for months saying I was malingering despite the MRI clear as fuck, chunk o' metal in the head, he thought I was full of it...must have been a republican.

Toss in all the other shit that happened as a result of being blown/shot the fuck up, not once but twice, exposure to god knows what over 4 deployments and yea..100% retired @ 26 years old. In 1 piece for the most part but it's seriously lots of bubble gum and duct tape....so much so I pretty much had the fastest medical retirement the 18th Airborne Corps had ever done without testing positive for HIV or cancer.

Worth it? That's pretty debatable from a lot of perspectives believe me I've mulled quite a few over...

But it hasn't been too horrible because thankfully the kind people of the US have held up their end of our contract saying if I get wrecked on the job and live to deal with it they gotz my back enough for a dry warm bed and a hot meal. And for that I am truly thankful....because super lucky.

But it's got to PISS NEM and the rest of the RWCJ off to no end that they have the big evil government paying some PARASITE LIBURHUL who doesn't know anything about M'uricuh or patriotism and freedom for NOTHING.

I know it sends eyer to the fuckin' moon. :D

I'm not.

That would be nice but never going to happen.

Glad they are taking care of you. Several people I know dies waiting for them for help.

My father was blown up in WWII. It was in 1990 that they finally got his papers straightened out and got 100%.

This is the oldest constitutional republic, so is its Constitution. Our nation is unique. There has never been another like it in history.

Every nation is unique by that standard, ours is no more unique than any other, and certainly not "exceptional." There are a great many constitutional republics nowadays; we ain't nuttin' special.

It is the Constitution and it's limits on centralized planning that has made us a great nation. It is our free civil society acting in its own interests that has produced this super power.

Pure-D bullshit. Everything that has made America rich and powerful and industrialized has involved aggressive government action, state and federal, and mostly federal, from the early 19th Century to the present. As for "civil society":

"Government, after all, is society; it is all of us getting together. The economy is not."

-- Jeff Madrick, Seven Bad Ideas: How Mainstream Economists Have Damaged America and the World

(Which I highly recommend reading, BTW.)

A culture cannot change "a lot" and endure.

Britain's culture has changed "a lot" and endured. France's has. Germany's has. Russia's has. China's has. Every existing country's has. Why not ours?

Our freedom and all that it has wrought, hinges on the concept of limited government. It's those powers the Constitution does not grant to government that has made Americans the most powerful citizens on Earth.

No, it isn't; see above.

It is the willful desire to usurp that power by a social elite, through control of the educational system, that has created the present "culture of ignorance" that threatens the constitutional chains that bind the government.

:rolleyes: OK, now you're just frothing. The "social elite" now doing harm to America is the one that includes the Kochs, not the Kennedys, and the "culture of ignorance" is something you'll find mostly among Fox News viewers, and you know it.

A population of fools are not a nation, but with enough government force they can become a nation of slaves.

No social democracy is a nation of slaves, and a social-democratic U.S. would not be one either.

Last edited:
Isn't this whole thing kind of a play on numbers?

If Group A makes $10 million and pays a 25% tax rate of $2.5 million, and Group B makes $2 million and pays a 25% tax rate of $500,000, then Group A pays 83% of the taxes!

If Group A makes $10 million and pays a 25% tax rate of $2.5 million, and Group B makes $2 million and pays a 25% tax rate of $500,000, then Group A pays 83% of the taxes!

Yes. But that's the point.

Yes. But that's the point.

The problem with the discussion is the use of the "1%". The problem is not the majority of that 1% who pay their share of taxes, the problem is the top 0.1% who do not. That's where the income differential comes in, I believe. I have a family member, as an example, who is a very wealthy businessman.

Let me tell you, everything he does is a business expense.

If he goes out to dinner, it's with a business associate. If he flies to Paris, it's a business trip because he has a meeting while he's there (a lunch meeting). Basically, he writes off huge amounts of money each year. And because his wealth is tied up in business and assets, he doesn't pay taxes on it. Not really.

People are focusing on the wrong percentage.

Well there are a LOT of problems with the 1%. You are correct that if we are talking exclusively about income taxes it is the top .1% (if that) who are the "problem". I put quotes there because I think calling it a problem is a bit of a misnomer in the first place.

A huge solution to our tax problems could be solved just by removing the caps on Social Security, taxing capital gains the same or higher than regular income and possibly means testing. (I'm skeptical that would solve much but I'm willing to toss idiots a bone.)

Yeah even smallish business owners can pull a lot of those tricks. For a long time I didn't technically own my car. I worked for my company and my company had a car it graciously let me take home with me but. . .yeah business expense!

But there are a lot of intertwined problems.

Last edited:
Bullshit! Dividends and capital gains aren't taxed

at 33%. You have no idea what you're fucking talking about. And while you're at it, learn about hedge funds and how they're barely taxed. Then learn about Starbucks opening an office in Holland to avoid US taxes.

Of course it's a play on numbers, as are all statistics.

at 33%. You have no idea what you're fucking talking about. And while you're at it, learn about hedge funds and how they're barely taxed. Then learn about Starbucks opening an office in Holland to avoid US taxes.

If you could avoid some taxes, would you?

Some on here seem to speak as though tax avoidance is some evil plot to steal from the less wealthy. My point is that everyone does it when given the opportunity.

Some on here seem to speak as though tax avoidance is some evil plot to steal from the less wealthy.

It is.

My point is that everyone does it when given the opportunity.

That, if true, makes no difference. Uncle Sam and Aunt Iris will hardly miss the tax on a waiter's unreported tip-income; you have to be rich to dodge enough tax to really matter.

Back