"Bridgegate" probe reportedly finds no link to Gov. Chris Christie:

The nearly-year long investigation into New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s involvement in “Bridgegate” has revealed no evidence so far connecting Christie to last year’s George Washington Bridge lane shutdown that caused complete gridlock for commuters traveling between New York and New Jersey.

From NBC New York:


“My experience with federal law enforcement is that once you reach critical mass if you don’t have it within nine months or so you’re not likely to ever get it,” former federal prosecutor Robert W. Ray said.

When the final report is issued, Christie may still face complications from the scandal, said Lee Miringoff, Director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion

“That’s good news for him,” Miringoff said. “The bad news remains that politically as chief executive it looks like he was not in control of his administration at the time when this occurred. So that remains the downside for him. That doesn’t go away but this panel provides greater credibility barring any further revelations coming out.”





I did a flash poll of 10 friends who are politically involved, and not one of them could remember the specifics of Bridgegate. They vaguely remembered something about lane closures, Chris Christie, and a staffer who may or may not have sent an e-mail. If this completely scientific poll is representative of even half of the small percentage of primary voters, Christie’s opponents are going to have an even harder time turning this nothingburger into a legitimate Thing.

That’s not to say they won’t try.

When Bridgegate first broke, the left went into a collective (coordinated?) meltdown. Closed lanes! Conspiracy! DRAGONS! Even Bill Maher gave up on the left’s ability to talk about the situation without having to breathe into a bag midway through the monologue. Daily Kos bloggers begged MSNBC to stop obsessing over it. It was punditry as punishment–we would be made to lean in!


From 5 p.m. to midnight, MSNBC spent 211 minutes on Christie, highlighting reports and emails suggesting Christie aides closed lanes of traffic as part of a political imbroglio, raising questions about a TV ad paid for with Hurricane Sandy relief money and debating Christie’s future political prospects.

It would have been more, but MSNBC’s Chris Hayes previously had planned an 8 p.m. special to discuss the 50th anniversary of the war on poverty. Hayes did return for a live 11 p.m. show, where he spent all 41 minutes of programming discussing Christie.

Excluding Hayes’ 8 p.m. special, MSNBC anchors spent only 30 minutes over seven hours Monday night talking about anything other than Christie. (About 20 minutes of each show is commercials).

Al Sharpton and Lawrence O’Donnell both devoted their entire show to Christie.

Rachel Maddow even invented a fever dream conspiracy to justify dragging the race card into it:




Someone might want to check on poor Rachel tonight. What a blow!
 
“That’s good news for him,” Miringoff said. “The bad news remains that politically as chief executive it looks like he was not in control of his administration at the time when this occurred.



Someone might want to check on poor Rachel tonight. What a blow!

funny

how NOTHING ever like this is said about HUSSEIN oh!bama!

right
 
Nope. When he is 'shocked, just shocked!' to learn of something done in his administration to benefit his supporters or punish his detractors, it is understood that he, of course, is not involved in the day-to-day decision making. Then when those that ARE involved in the day to day decision making of the scandal du jour, show up on visitor logs with inordinate access to his doorstep, their computers crash.

#StillNotaScandalIfWeSayIt'SNotaScandal
 
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/02/n...washington-bridge-lane-closing-case.html?_r=0

After a 16-month federal investigation into the George Washington Bridge lane closings scandal, a judge in New Jersey on Friday unsealed indictments against two people close to Gov. Chris Christie, outlining a conspiracy to exact political vengeance against a mayor for his failure to endorse the governor’s re-election.

Bill Baroni, the former deputy executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and Bridget Anne Kelly, a former deputy chief of staff to Mr. Christie, were charged with nine counts, including conspiracy to commit fraud by “knowingly converting and intentionally misapplying property of an organization receiving federal benefits.”

David Wildstein, another former Port Authority official and a high school friend of Mr. Christie, pleaded guilty at the United States District Court in Newark to conspiracy to commit fraud and conspiracy against civil rights.

Mr. Fishman said that Mr. Wildstein corroborated the allegations in the indictment.

“Based on the evidence that is currently available to us, we’re not going to charge anyone else in this scheme,” Mr. Fishman said.

But Mr. Fishman added that “there may come a time” when other, unindicted co-conspirators are identified.

Mr. Wildstein’s lawyer, Alan Zegas, reiterated on Friday his client’s contention that “evidence exists” that Mr. Christie knew about the lane closings as they occurred.

“There is a lot more that will come out,” he said. “Unfortunately, I am not in a position to talk about the matter in detail.”
 
Back
Top