Literotica Chat

young_stud

Really Experienced
Does anyone know what happened to the chat rooms?? They used to be good but haven't seemed to work for quite a while...

Maybe literotica should have a banner saying lit chat not working to stop these questions.

Maybe literotica should have a banner saying lit chat not working to stop these questions.

I suspect sarcasm here, but seriously, that would be a great idea! That last update on the chat page itself is from 2009! Five fucking years ago! But there's a sticky they say......Please be patient they say.........What do you expect for free they say.........

How about some simple and straightforward communication! Maybe an update on the actual chat page? Maybe a chat forum where it's actually ok to ask? Maybe just removing the chat section altogether since there seems to be no effort to make it work?

Something really should be done. Take it down, kill the link, post a notice that chat is no longer available. I love Lit, but are they trying to set the Guinness record for longest wait for tech support? Everything else on the site seems to work fine, just not that. It's a bit puzzling really...

Something really should be done. Take it down, kill the link, post a notice that chat is no longer available. I love Lit, but are they trying to set the Guinness record for longest wait for tech support? Everything else on the site seems to work fine, just not that. It's a bit puzzling really...

Well said! Puzzling indeed.

You have no idea what they're doing. You don't know what they're working on and you don't know what the actual problems are.

I mean chat could be working. It could just take an additional install that they give only select members and they need to keep it there for the people who have access.

Also, many of the people here are donating their time and going to great effort (and expense) to keep this board here for you. Considering very few people understand this, I don't blame them for locking out most of the people from chat.

Also, i do know that the chat feature is one of the most expensive features and options and as I mentioned, many people volunteer their time and pay for this board out of their own pockets.

Instead of complaining that you don't have chat and acting like the chat feature is your right, why don't you thank those who work to make sure this board is up and running. Or even better, make a donation.

If you want chat, go to AOL or yahoo.

You have no idea what they're doing. You don't know what they're working on and you don't know what the actual problems are.

I mean chat could be working. It could just take an additional install that they give only select members and they need to keep it there for the people who have access.

Also, many of the people here are donating their time and going to great effort (and expense) to keep this board here for you. Considering very few people understand this, I don't blame them for locking out most of the people from chat.

Also, i do know that the chat feature is one of the most expensive features and options and as I mentioned, many people volunteer their time and pay for this board out of their own pockets.

Instead of complaining that you don't have chat and acting like the chat feature is your right, why don't you thank those who work to make sure this board is up and running. Or even better, make a donation.

If you want chat, go to AOL or yahoo.
Well, I thank you for responding in a fairly civilized manner, unlike the vast majority of the responses to chat questions. If what you are suggesting is really the case, it makes a bit more sense I guess. It would seem a little explanation and communication would go along ways towards alleviating frustration and anger among the ranks. While nobody "has a right" to a chat section, it IS listed among the options and hasn't seemed to function properly in forever or so.

The sticky was very late in coming, doesn't really give any pertinent info, and doesn't grab the attention of those its targeted at. It also hasn't been updated. Ever. If there is no intention to make it signigicantly more reliable and usable for the masses, then just be honest and forthright and say so! The comment about the record for the longest IT incident on record is fairly on the mark. A concise explanation of the situation along with specific plans for the future would be helpful.

I click on Lit Chat occasionally, and twice in the last month it's been up - mostly at weekends and only for a day or so. It was good to catch up with people there. I click on it now and again just to see...

Of all the parts of these sites it's the chatrooms that are the most trouble - both in server connectivity and the amount of support time and money to host. Seeing as this is offered on here as free to use it is admirable that it's up at all. Like people say, if you want to chat then yahoo/skype/kik is there, but some people are wary of giving even the slightest part of their personal contact details, especially considering the delicacy of the subject matter here.

So thanks for getting chat up and letting us use it for free guys. Yes, we wish it was up all the time but most of us realise that it's problematic, especially when there are other things to do, like real life getting in the way.

Just do your best, we'll be patient and use DM or elsewhere to chat.

I click on Lit Chat occasionally, and twice in the last month it's been up - mostly at weekends and only for a day or so. It was good to catch up with people there. I click on it now and again just to see...

Of all the parts of these sites it's the chatrooms that are the most trouble - both in server connectivity and the amount of support time and money to host. Seeing as this is offered on here as free to use it is admirable that it's up at all. Like people say, if you want to chat then yahoo/skype/kik is there, but some people are wary of giving even the slightest part of their personal contact details, especially considering the delicacy of the subject matter here.

So thanks for getting chat up and letting us use it for free guys. Yes, we wish it was up all the time but most of us realise that it's problematic, especially when there are other things to do, like real life getting in the way.

Just do your best, we'll be patient and use DM or elsewhere to chat.

Yes it is up sporadically. It is fun when it works. The issue as I understand it is that particular function is outsourced and not controlled by the people who run this site, thus the disparity in functionality. Hopefully it will be fixed or find a new place to outsource it that will keep it functioning.

Back