How bad is Islam? Well, would you be willing to live in an Islamic Nation?

Are you willing to live in an Islamic nation?


  • Total voters
    74
When you say "Islamic nation" are you including countries such as Indonesia?




Indonesia: Sharia Police Arrest 35 Women For “Straddling” Motorcycles…




Via Jakarta Globe:


Thirty-five women in Aceh’s city of Lhokseumawe have been let off with a warning after the Shariah police caught them straddling a motorcycle and not wearing appropriate Islamic dress.

The Shariah police were conducting a raid on the main roads of Lhokseumawe on Friday, to monitor the administration’s bylaw that prohibits female passengers from straddling motorcycles.

“The aim of the raid today [Friday] is to uphold and inform people the regulation on straddling motorcycle issued by the mayor,” Irsyadi, the acting chief of the Lhokseumawe Shariah police, told the Atjehpost.com on Friday. “We also warned people who were not dressed up in an Islamic way. With what we did today, people will be more aware [of the regulation].”

While the women were not arrested, they were warned to not straddle a motorcycle again and to not wear tight outfits.

“As we saw today, many of our people were still straddling motorcycles, probably they don’t understand the regulation, that’s why we informed them,” Irsyadi explained.
 
Where is the outrage?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-at-wailing-wall/story-e6frea7u-1226618591349

"Five (women) who were wearing a tallit, which is barred by the Supreme Court, were taken for questioning," police spokeswoman Luba Samri told AFP.

An ultra-Orthodox man who tried to set fire to a prayer pamphlet being held by one of the women was also taken for questioning, Samri said.

Wearing a tallit, a fringed prayer shawl, is one of several practices traditionally reserved for men at the sacred spot in the Old City. A court in 2003 ruled that women could not perform such rituals there as this would constitute a danger to public order.
 
When you say "Islamic nation" are you including countries such as Indonesia?

Poll Shows 72% In “Moderate” Indonesia Want Sharia Law…




Via Jakarta Globe:


Despite being touted as the Muslim world’s largest democracy, a new survey released by the Pew Research Center on Tuesday revealed that 72 percent of Indonesia’s Muslim population would favor an Islamic legal code as the “official law of the land” if given the option.

The survey, which focused on 39 countries and interviewed 38,000 people, found that most followers of the world’s second-largest faith want their religion to shape not only their personal lives, but also their social and political interactions as well.

According to the CIA World Factbook, Indonesia is home to roughly 216 million Muslims, or 86.1 percent of the country’s population.

“Most Muslims believe Shariah [Islamic law based on the teachings of the Koran] is the revealed word of God rather than a body of law developed by men based on the word of God,” the report read.

The survey revealed, though, that most countries were selective in which aspects of Shariah they wanted to implement, and 44 percent of Indonesians said that there were “multiple interpretations of Shariah.”

In Indonesia, half of those who wanted Shariah enforced in the archipelago said that it should be applied to both Muslims and non-Muslims, and only 18 percent held the belief that one should be put to death for leaving Islam.
 
You're right, guys. I wouldn't want to live in an Islamic country. But then, I wouldn't want to live in China or India either. In fact you can pretty much scratch off most of Asia, Africa and big chunks of the Americas too.

My kind aren't treated well there.
 
You're right, guys. I wouldn't want to live in an Islamic country. But then, I wouldn't want to live in China or India either. In fact you can pretty much scratch off most of Asia, Africa and big chunks of the Americas too.

My kind aren't treated well there.

that really isn't the point

you may be UNCOMFY in other places and feel outa place

not LIKELY to be KILLED....except maybe by crimnals


OR ME

FOR NOT SENDING ME YOUR PICS:mad:
 
When you say "Islamic nation" are you including countries such as Indonesia?

Indonesian Islamists Raid 7-Eleven For Selling Booze…




Via Jakarta Globe:


Dozens of members of the Tangjungduren Islamic People’s Association raided two minimarts in Grogol Petamburan, West Jakarta, on Friday for selling alcoholic beverages.

The mob, who failed to meet the owners of the two establishments, a 7-Eleven and an Indomaret, decided to enter and confiscate all of the minimarts’ alcoholic beverages from their refrigerators.

“We have since March warned them not to sell alcoholic drinks. But these stores kept on selling the beverages freely,” Khalid, the coordinator of the mob, said as quoted by Beritajakarta.com.

Members of the Jakarta Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) were on location, but they remained on the sidelines during the incident, which caused a traffic jam along Jalan Tanjung Duren Raya.

Representatives from the stores promised the group that they would stop selling alcohol.

Khalid demanded that Satpol PP and the police take strict action against minimarts that openly offer alcoholic beverages.
 
Yes, Indonesia


U.S. Students In “Moderate” Muslim Indonesia To Learn About Religious Pluralism… Islamists Promptly Destroy Country’s Last Synagogue Before They Can Visit It…




Perfect timing.

Via Jakarta Globe:


It was perhaps the worst possible time for officials in Surabaya to host students from two US universities hoping to learn about pluralism and democracy.

Hours after the six students from Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and the University of Michigan arrived on Friday evening, local media reported that one of Indonesia’s last remaining vestiges of its Jewish community had been reduced to a pile of rubble.

Beth Shalom in Surabaya, Java’s only synagogue, was demolished in May after being sealed off by Islamic hard-liners since 2009.

“I’m afraid there’s no right time to come to Indonesia to learn about pluralism because you can find bad examples of intolerant acts almost every day here,” Hendardi, the executive director of Setara Institute, a nongovernmental organization promoting tolerance and pluralism, said on Sunday.

Freddy Istanto, the director of the Surabaya Heritage Society (SHS), told the Jakarta Globe on Saturday that the synagogue had been destroyed, and it was uncertain when it was demolished and who did it.

“In mid-May, I was informed by a member of the SHS that the synagogue was destroyed. In disbelief, I went over there and it had been flattened.”

Freddy reported the case to the Surabaya City Council and prompted the commission to summon the Surabaya Tourism Agency, which was responsible for the heritage building,” Freddy said.

“It was designated as a heritage site by the agency on April 16, 2009. It should have been protected.”
 
When you say "Islamic nation" are you including countries such as Indonesia?

You idiotic stupid MOTHER FUCKING USELESS TURD

Indonesia: Sunni Muslims Threaten Shiites To Convert To Sunni Islam or Lose Their Heads…




From the bastion of “moderate” Islam.


(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) - Shiite children attend classes Sidoarjo, East Java. Many Shiite families have been forced to move to Sidoarjo from their homes in Sampang.

Many Shiite Muslims returning to Madura for Idul Fitri last week were given an ultimatum that forced them to convert to Sunnism or leave the troubled East Java island.

Several Shiites in recent days revealed their experiences of intimidation upon returning to their hometowns, with some threatened with beheading and the destruction of their homes if they did not comply.

The campaign appeared to be carried out with the support of the local government, the police and the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI), as well as the national government’s National Unity and Political Agency (Kesbangpol).

“The [Sampang] district government and some kyai [clerics] have a program to lead people to return to the right path,” said one young Shiite, Nukholis, citing Mat Hasan, the local chief in his hometown Nangkernang.

“ ‘I’m not threatening you, but people here don’t want Shiites to live here,’ ” Nurkholis said on Monday, quoting Hasan.
 
Back
Top