I need to vent.

D

DarkPleasures

How the fuck can a story be rejected for "is there under aged sex in your story?" when I said I was 19 and the other girl was 23 when we met?????? I mean WTF??!!?!!!? How stupid are some people???

Resubmit and mention this in the Notes field.

Just to make sure, are there any parts like "I masturbated seeing her when I was 16..." or something seemingly innocuous but mentioning an age under 18.

More often than not, underage rejections are due to specifically mentioning an age.

How the fuck can a story be rejected for "is there under aged sex in your story?" when I said I was 19 and the other girl was 23 when we met?????? I mean WTF??!!?!!!? How stupid are some people???
Resubmit with a note. A lot of stories get read and mistakes are sometimes made. Readers look for keywords, and may have seen such and made an error. If you re-submit with a note, they'll take a closer look and pass it through.

Unless, of course, you discuss the "first time" you had sex before meeting this 23 year old and it was when you were thirteen? :confused: That would flag the story even if the main part isn't about that.

No there wasn't. This is a Letters & Transcripts submission (since my first "letter"-type story went over well) to a generic "you" and in it I said "I know my experiences early in life weren't all that noteworthy so I shall retell a tale of my first adult experience with a woman" (or similar wording) ... "I was nineteen, still living with my parents at the time" ...yada yada... "and she was twenty-three."

I have ZERO sex or sexuality prior to age 18 in the story.

(On a side note, I found a story about someone's sexual adventures starting at age 13 over in the Essays category and reported that. Funny how that shit got in but sex between a 19 and 23 year old isn't allowed???)

Unless, of course, you discuss the "first time" you had sex before meeting this 23 year old and it was when you were thirteen? :confused: That would flag the story even if the main part isn't about that.

This was specifically first sexual experience with a woman. Met her on AOL, and then in person, in 1996. Real event. I didn't typo her age because I spelled out twenty-three. (I do not like using the actual numbers in writing when describing age.)

There was no Internet in 1990 when I was 13, and I certainly didn't know that other person existed in this world.

No there wasn't. This is a Letters & Transcripts submission (since my first "letter"-type story went over well) to a generic "you" and in it I said "I know my experiences early in life weren't all that noteworthy so I shall retell a tale of my first adult experience with a woman" (or similar wording) ... "I was nineteen, still living with my parents at the time" ...yada yada... "and she was twenty-three."

Save yourself the hysterics and just refile with a note in the Notes box to the effect that there isn't any underage sex. If Laurel thinks there is, she'll then point to it. I've had three or four asking me if something is in that that isn't, and after having a tantrum the first time that didn't spike anyone's blood pressure other than mine, I learned to just refile it with a disclaimer and they all then went through.

Give the woman a break, she's scanning through about 80 stories a day, every day of the year, all by herself.

Save yourself the hysterics and just refile with a note in the Notes box to the effect that there isn't any underage sex. If Laurel thinks there is, she'll then point to it. I've had three or four asking me if something is in that that isn't, and after having a tantrum the first time that didn't spike anyone's blood pressure other than mine, I learned to just refile it with a disclaimer and they all then went through.

Give the woman a break, she's scanning through about 80 stories a day, every day of the year, all by herself.

Well...not really, she does have her bots. Sometimes a bot might flag something innocuous and automatically reject it. Sometimes the mention of "my first time" might trigger it.

If you file with a note, then a human will look at it first.

I had a story that started out "It was on my twelfth birthday I noticed her as an individual." knowing that it might be rejected I added a note telling Laurel that there was no sex until everyone was at least 18...I even told her where in the story the first sex scene occurred.

Well...not really, she does have her bots. Sometimes a bot might flag something innocuous and automatically reject it. Sometimes the mention of "my first time" might trigger it.

If you file with a note, then a human will look at it first.

I had a story that started out "It was on my twelfth birthday I noticed her as an individual." knowing that it might be rejected I added a note telling Laurel that there was no sex until everyone was at least 18...I even told her where in the story the first sex scene occurred.

Sorry Zeb but there are no bots and that is right from Laurel's mouth, uh, fingertips.

Her eventual response on that indicated there never were bots.

Sorry for bringing this up again, but I am on my third attempt now. This is frustrating. I have no idea how many times I can explain that a nineteen year old and a twenty-three year old are not children. I've added go my "note " and have checked it over again and again. *sigh*

Dark - don't feel bad. IF you mention anyone under the age of 18, they'll kick you. If your characters THINK about recognizing that someone under the age of 18 might be a sexual human being - they'll kick you.
If you have that a 28 year old mother has a 11 year old daughter - if they think about it, they'll kick you.

I have one story where the whole plot of the story revolves around tomorrow being her 18th birthday. Very circumspect, nothing untoward happens - before midnight - But just having someone comment that she's a beautiful creature was enough.
It's BS, but all you can do is figure out what in particular THEY find offensive, and reword it.

Dark - don't feel bad. IF you mention anyone under the age of 18, they'll kick you. If your characters THINK about recognizing that someone under the age of 18 might be a sexual human being - they'll kick you.
If you have that a 28 year old mother has a 11 year old daughter - if they think about it, they'll kick you.

Well, none of that is in this tale.

If you had a note in the "notes" section saying that there's no underage participants, and it was rejected again, then there's something actually triggering the rejection. It's not just a quick-scan mistake.

If you'd like, send me a PM so we can arrange a way for me to look at the story and see if I can find the red flag that Laurel is spiking.

To the OP: I heard someone say the other day, "40 is the new 25." WTF? I thought 40 was 40 but I am no authority. But that being said, maybe if 40 is the new 25, then 19 is the new 10 and thus underage...or your character was born on February 29 and is only 4.

I have ZERO sex or sexuality prior to age 18 in the story.

(On a side note, I found a story about someone's sexual adventures starting at age 13 over in the Essays category and reported that. Funny how that shit got in but sex between a 19 and 23 year old isn't allowed???)
That is messed up...especially when you mentioned age that is above eighteen. I understand she is scanning 80 a day, but if the notes are there, then all should be gravy

I suggest you do send it to someone on the board to check, including your note, because what you say is happening just doesn't match anything known to happen as you describe. Sorry to say, but about 100 percent of the time we help someone get down to the bottom of a rejection, they weren't describing what happened fully/correctly and there continued to be a reason to reject. So, it's time to enlist help. Darkniciad volunteered to look at it. That is if you'd like to get it published here.

Last edited:
Hopefully this issue will be resolved. :) Thank you, MistressLynn.

I think there's a specific word or a phrase that triggers the bot.

Do you submit a file to the site or copy paste into the submission box?

I think there's a specific word or a phrase that triggers the bot.

Do you submit a file to the site or copy paste into the submission box?

Again, there are no bots. Each story submitted for review is read through by the same person, Laurel.

Again, there are no bots. Each story submitted for review is read through by the same person, Laurel.

There is definitely something.

If you submit a file, like I always do, you immediately get a message on the submission page saying that the story will take longer to be submitted since it is not in a format that can be processed and needs further review. I'll copy paste the message here when I submit something again.

There is definitely something.

If you submit a file, like I always do, you immediately get a message on the submission page saying that the story will take longer to be submitted since it is not in a format that can be processed and needs further review. I'll copy paste the message here when I submit something again.

No need; I do the same. I always submit as .doc files.

There are programs that trigger once a story is submitted, of course, but each one is reviewed by Laurel. Although, I'm sure she probably uses an editing program to look for basic errors, and probably certain keywords as well. We can't actually expect her to read every single submission. ;)

No need; I do the same. I always submit as .doc files.

There are programs that trigger once a story is submitted, of course, but each one is reviewed by Laurel. Although, I'm sure she probably uses an editing program to look for basic errors, and probably certain keywords as well. We can't actually expect her to read every single submission. ;)

Exactly.

My guess is she uses a lot of macros fed with keywords/phrases to flag stories for her and she reads those which come out flagged. I remember there was this story where no specific age is mentioned, but the protagonist acts like a kid throughout (I think it was something along the lines of coming back from school, playing with action figures and other general pre-teen stuff). It got passed simply because there was no number and the macro didn't think there was a problem.

I remember reporting the story, but didn't check to see if it's still there.

Back