The Witch and the Werewolf (closed)

The_Spectre

Lonely Angel
Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Posts
6,225
I'm not an alcoholic.

The young man sat there on the park bench, taking a small sip of his coffee, his hand covered by the sleeves of his hoodie, pushing the bangs of his black hair away from his face as he looked forward. The wet, dreary weather reflecting his thoughts. "I know that," replied and older man sitting next to him aslo sipping his coffee. "But you're lucky these meetings of AA are all you have to do. I mean Jesus, you got into a fight with some rich kid and fractured his nose and you had a blood alcohol level of .08. You're lucky you're not in jail, Danny. How you even came out of that fight with barely a scratch if beyond me."

Daniel Gabriel Reyes or Danny as he preferred to be called had a life filled with heartache and anger. He never knew his father, he raised solely by his mother until she died when he was 10 and then his grandfather until he died before he was even 15. The pain of loss and feeling of abandonment left Danny so much fear of getting close of others and anger toward the world; making him feel like he didn't belong. Needless to say his 10 years of being alone led him to getting into a lot of trouble. Vandalism and fighting seemed to be forte. They were always the same, some self entitled asshole or more try to pick a fight with him to puff their chest or impress their girls only to lead to them getting their asses beat, leaving Danny with only a few cuts and bruises and behind a police car.

"How did you even get this for me?" Danny asked as he looked over at the older man "I'm your lawyer," he replied "Plus the women running the meeting asked for specifically, says she thinks she can help you." The old could see the look of annoyed disbelief in Danny's face. "Danny look... I can't imagine how you feel with everything that's happened to you but you're 25 now. You can't keep going on like this." Danny was a bit unsure how to feel about the look of actual sincerity in his lawyers face. "I want to help you, but you gotta meet me halfway." The lawyer gave Danny a piece of paper and of paper and stood up. "Here's the address," he said "You're first meeting is tonight and I expect you to be there, let me know if you need anything."

The lawyer began to walk away but not before getting one final word in. "Who know's maybe you'll find out you're not so alone in this world." Danny smirked at the final words and looked at the paper. The last thing he wanted was to hear a bunch of alcoholic sob stories, but if meant keeping him out of jail and maybe even try to turn things around for him, what could be the harm?
 
"Let me out of here!" She screamed banging on the door of the holding room she was in.

The woman sank to the floor frustrated that she had been caught again by the same precinct her ex boyfriend worked in She looked at the cuffs frustrated that this situation she was in just got worst and worst and now here she was being evaluated by a precinct's psycologist.

"Theres nothing wrong with me ok?"she said glaring at her ex and his collegue from her position on the floor refusing to sit in the chair.

Abigail Andrews had always been a troubled girl. Noone knew where she came from and all that she had ever known was that she was abandoned on the door step of an orphange only a few weeks old.She had watched many kids go in and out of the home finding new familes and someone to care for them while she had never seemed to fit anywhere or belong.Eventually Abigail ran away and began stealing to survive and squatting in fancy houses. She had always 1been a loner which is why she felt unwanted and hadn't really gotten over the fear of being abandoned or unwanted, and its one of the reasons things hadnt gone too well with her ex boyfriend who was now a cop but also her friend.

"Abigail theres obviously some underlying issues as to why you drink and behave this way" .the psychologist said

"-I dont drink! Im not some drunk ok?!" She said standing up not beliving her ex. "Mike tell him.. tell him im not a drunk! I-i messed up thats all ok? I needed.. i needed to-"

"Abby i dont even know what to say anymore your lucky it was me again ok? I cant keep doing this these are serious charges and your going to get me fired" Her ex said in a serious tone interrupting her and making her turn away completely furious they had asked her to do this.

"You want me to sit around 40 year old alcoholics bitch about life?"she said " Ill pass"

"Its either a cell tonight or this meeting Abigail I wont be doing this again your 24 and we arent kids anymore it time to get help..I contacted the woman and she seemed very eager in helping you" he said sliding the paper across the table.

Abigail looked up her green eyes angry as she picked up the paper and stared at it a while pissed she had to do this and said sarcastically "Well arent I lucky ? I guess im going to AA tonight"she said reluctantly
 
Last edited:
The meeting was being held at what Danny could only assume was sort of town rec center. It looked dreary, somewhat run down on the more drab parts of town. The moment he entered the building, a man in a shirt and tie who was no older than Danny sat at the reception desk; his eyes meeting Danny's with a smile. "AA?" He asked "Yeah.." Replied Danny, a bit off put by the man's postitive demeanor. "Down the hall, last door on the right or second to last... they both lead to the same room." The man spoke a slight brisk pace, he seemed to take some pleasure in his work.

Danny thanked the man before going down the hall taking the second door to enter the room. A few eyes gazing upon him for a moment before looking away. Danny eyes wandered about; trying to scope the area before seeing a table of cookies and coffee. He figured he had to be here, he could at least eat something. Once he got a cup of coffee he continued looking around. There couldn't have been than 8 or people there, most seeming to be perplexed as why they were there as well. Danny couldn't put his finger on it, but many of the people there seemed...peculiar.

"You were forced to be here too, right?"

Danny looked to the voice talking to him. There stood a pale lanky man about 5'6 his pale eyes seeming to struggle to stay with Danny's as his body moved as if on edge. "Yeah," Danny replied as the lanky man rocked back and forth. "That seems why everyone else is here... I me.. I mean it's not like anyone comes to AA by choice but..." The lanky man paused, trying to collect his thoughts "Like me, I... I don't even drink, never touch the stuff, but get caught with some heroine and they told me was either here or prison. They said the lady here asked for me specifically. That actually seems to be a lot of people's reason for being here." Danny remembered his lawyer saying the woman running this meeting asked for him specifically to attend. Hearing everyone there had been given the same invitation, made him the more suspicious.

"I'm Alan but the way"

The pale lanky man offered his hand "Danny..." Alan grip was limp and clammy and still struggle to meet Danny's gaze but from what he could see, Alan seemed.... okay.

"Excuse me, everyone."

Everyone's eyes looked on as a older woman spoke over the crowd "Hello, I'm Dr. Mary Thesiger. I'm will mediating this meeting. If could all take a seat at the center of the room, we can get started." Danny walked calmly to the center of the room, sitting at the first seat he could grab, not realizing the red headed woman next to him on his left. He glanced at her for a second before looking to his right to see Alan giving a goofy smile. Danny smiled and sighed. Regardless of what happened tonight, at least he could say he met a new friend.
 
Abby arrived at the building a bit suspicious about the meeting in the first place especially when she first saw the part of town it was in. She greeted the desk receptionist and she was surprised at his jovial manner especially since he worked in an recovery place.

She had gotten some looks when she got inside and heard a few whispers when she entered the room from the women in the front who seemed to be running the meeting and the whole meeting seemed very odd to her because everyone had gotten a somewhat direct invitation by the leader.

There was not many people around in the meeting about 8 maybe less and she decided to grab herself a bottle of water and decided to take a seat quickly glancing around the room and noticed that the people there seemed different.

She heard a conversation behind her that two men were having about being forced to AA but not having been alcoholic and she found it odd that seemed to be the situation for everyone there.

She eyed the tall man who had a broad chest and black hair. He seemed to be suspicious about the meeting as well and the short man introducing himself as Alan. She quickly was pulled from their conversation with a peppy blonde woman sat on the other side of her with a smile.

"Your nervous about being here too huh? It my first time and funny thing is I've only drank once or twice before but my psych professor insisted I attend."the woman said

"Tracy" she said extending her hand and Abby gave a small smile shaking her hand. "Im Abigail..Do you know exactly why we are-?" she said and was interrupted by the woman who ran the meeting and began talking.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Mary Thesiger. I'm will mediating this meeting. If could all take a seat at the center of the room, we can get started." the woman said.

She walked to the center of the room and sat down with the woman Tracy on the left glanced to her right seeing the man had sat beside her and gave a small smile before looking away.

"We are here calling this special meeting today not because you are alcoholic but because in this program we saw something unique in every one of you as individuals".

Abigail raised her eyebrow wondering what kind of scheme this lady was running.

"This is not a pyramid scheme or a drug operation...this is a program to help you access within yourself what lay dormant inside of you..You are all more special than you realize even if you don't feel like it..even if you are struggling or struggle.. We are here to help in every way".

Abigail sat back wondering just what the hell this woman was talking about.
 
Danny listened as Dr. Thesinger spoke. She couldn't have been older than 50, yet her face showed the beauty she must have had in her youth. A confident smile stayed on her face with every word she spoke with such cordiality. No doubt she had done this more than once or even twice.

You are all more special than you realize even if you don't feel like it.

Danny cocked his brow as those words. It all sounded like some ridiculous positive reinforcement to build them up to become functioning members of society. Needless to say Danny was less than ecstatic about the idea. "I can see by the look in some of your face that you're not all convinced." Said the doctor her smile still remaining on her lips.

"While I wish I could alleviate many of your suspicions, this is only the first day. I will be blunt though, you do not have to be here, you may leave when you wish. However, I would be forced to notify the proper authorities and well... you all know the rest." Danny had to admit he respected the doctors blunt honesty. "We'll meet again tomorrow at the same time." Said the doctor "For tonight I ask for all to converse with one another, get to know one another; someone who haven't spoken to perhaps. I think you'll find that some of you all have much in common than simply being here."

Dr. Thesinger left the room as Danny looked to his right. Alan seemed to have already been speaking to the girl on his right, a spry little blonde girl who seemed to be talking his head off. That left Danny to look to the red headed women on his left. He kind of froze for second. She was very pretty, no way he could deny that. He didn't notice it at first but he have sworn she giving off some sort of presence or sort of energy. Get a grip, Danny said in his head, choking his reaction to her to just being nervous. He never liked talking to people, but he figured he could at least try to be polite. He slowly offered his hand to her and looked over to her and spoke"Hi.. I'm Danny."
 
Abby listened to Dr.Thesinger as she spoke and couldnt help but wonder whatnshe meant by them all having alot in common. Once she made the announcements about them making introductions she would resume the meeting tomorrow.

She turned to speak with Traci who was deep in conversation with someone else then turned once she heard a male voice behind her. She hadnt stared much during his perevious conversation but she contained the gasp that wanted to slip past her lips and looked him up and down. This guy could be a male model. She thought to herself and she couldnt help but clear her throat easing her staring at him.

Speak Abby she thought to herself swearing she felt something spark once she grabbed his hand. "I-Hi im Abigail.."she said "Well umm you can call me Abby"she offered gathering herself and glanced at the back of his hand briefly seeing discolored skin and knew itd been from fighting because she'd been in a few fights herself.

"I'd hate to ssee the other guy"she said with a smirk "Is that why they put you here?..I uhh...I stole some groceries, clothes and champagne and then i stupidly didnt notice that i was being followed and got caught crashing in someones vacation home.. so umm yeah thats why im here unfortunately"she chuckled and blushed realizing she still had his hand and let it go.

"Do you have that feeling this place isnt normal or ...is it just me?"she said glancing at him.
 
Danny was a bit uncertain about Abby looking checking him out. Did he do something wrong? It wasn't the first time for someone to just look at him up and down, usually it because his attire; thinking he was up to trouble. Admittedly he breathed a sigh of relief when she introduced herself as well. When she had mentioned about not wanting to see the other guy, part of him was rather impressed with her attention to detail. Lack of observation has always been something Danny felt people lacked, to see Abby able to figure out why was here was... interesting.

Is that why they put you here?

Danny listened to Abby as she talked about her reasons for being what they both thought was AA. As for Danny, while he knew what he did, he couldn't recall what had fully happened in that fight. It was something all to common for him strangely enough. His fights were always a blur of white blinding rage. It was as if something was whispering to him; telling him to rip them all apart. However he coming to as his opponents laid on the floor, bruised and bloody. Danny heart racing with adrenaline and fear; afraid of what would have happened if he kept going. Danny didn't like thinking about it. Luckily Abby letting her hand out of his seemed to snap him out of his thoughts.

Do you have that feeling this place isn't normal or... is it just me?

His eyes met hers before looking around at the people, a few having already moved around in order to mingle. "I can agree on that." Danny said "I mean take that guy" he turned his head to Alan, now across the room. "His skin is pale but almost to a... green color?" Danny wasn't sure how to phase it. "It he looks like he's about to fall apart." His eyes turned back to Abby "Maybe that's doctor's right. Maybe there is more to all of us than just being... outcast."
 
I can agree on that.he said looking around the room I mean take that guy,His skin is pale but almost to a ...green color ?..It he looks like he's about to fall apart He said and looked back at her. Maybe that doctor's right. Maybe there is more to all of us than just being...outcasts.

Abby was silent for a moment as she eyed the room and noticed that he was right as she looked closely everyone was different and it was as if she was just opening her eyes. "Maybe there is Danny"she said rolling her sleeves down a bit to hide her cutting scars.

Abigail had always been the odd girl out. She had been called a freak, a nobody, and anything else to make her feel horrible about herself when she was never picked at her orphanage and always outcasts from the girls there,the head mother always insisted that she had something unnatural in her but she had never considered that she may have been right.

She looked at him and nodded "Well...maybe we can all find our purpose here at these meetings..Maybe we can finally fit in huh Danny?"she smiled softly

"We should go around and meet everyone.. and umm maybe we can grab some coffee after. I mean real coffee not this machine stuff "she chuckled "We can talk more after"she smiled and walked over towards another group of people mingling with them.
 
umm maybe we can grab some coffee after. I mean real coffee not this machine stuff

The idea of getting to see Abby more seemed like fine idea, along with the some better tasting coffee. Danny could still taste the chalky taste of what he had drank a while ago in his mouth. Danny had never been one to socialize. Most people seemed to make up their opinion on him the moment he caught their eyes. To most people he just some street urchin or thug just waiting to start trouble. It had always been like that since he was on his own, being judged before most people even got to know him.

It seemed different here though. Looking around, Danny didn't feel like some outcast but instead sort of... comfortable; almost familiar. With a deep breath, he stood up and began to walk around easing himself into the crowd trying to join in on conversations. He didn't say anything at first, only listening until he was asked.

I was just... laying there by the tree.

Danny listened as a young girl spoke. She had to be around 19 or so, her clothes were best describe to be "of a person at one with nature". Danny would have used the word "hippie" but it didn't right. "I don't know it's just, I feel so at home when I'm with nature." The girl looked down as she smiled, looking back up "Anyway, the cops took me in after I was... caught running around without any... clothes." The girls voice went to whisper toward the end of her sentence. "They thought I was on something, so that's why I'm here." Her eyes met Danny's "What about you." Her kind soft voice inquired.

He wasn't sure what to say or rather how to say, but he tried "I... got into a lot of fights." That was putting it lightly "I don't know it's just when someone tries to mess with me, I go crazy." The girl tiled her head seeming to be observing Danny's face. "I think there's more to you than just being some regular tough guy." The girls smiled as if trying to make Danny feel better, he appreciated the sentiment.

Excuse me everyone.

The crowd looked at the man from the reception desk stood by the door. "I'm here to inform you all that we will be locking up for tonight. I thank you all for attending and hope you all have a lovely night." The man smiled as he led everyone out before locking the door as everyone made their way outside. Danny stood outside looking for Abby, hoping he could take her up on her offer of coffee.
 
Abby had joined a group of people talking and focused on the guy who had the groups attention as he told his story getting a few laughs. He was slender maybe in his early twenties, about 5'11,honey blonde hair and blue eyes. He seemed to be a ladies man with two women focused deeply on him which made her roll her eyes inwardly.

I was running so fast after i ate my meal that the cops thought inwas on some kind of drug trip! the man said It didnt feel like i was barely walking..and the next thing i knew i was in here..in cuffs.

Abby hadnt felt unwelcome like she normally did...especially when she spoke with Danny, she didnt know why she had felt a sort of pull and need to get to know him more but it seemed to be what she was focused on as the night drew on.

She had listened to a few more stories all different yet similar..yet unnatural but the all ended up the same with them cuffed and ending up in AA.

She was in the middle of telling her story when the receptionist entered telling them theynwere locking up and she grabbed her things and headed for the exit hoping Danny had still been interested in grabbing some coffee.

She made her way outside and saw him waiting and offered a smile. "Hey.. You still up to grab some coffee? Maybe a quick bite too? Im starving and I know this cool little cafe ive always liked. Its like a wiccan theme not like those normal cafes and i can guarantee its the best coffee drinks youll ever taste"she grinned
 
Hey.. You still up to grab some coffee?

A warm feeling came over Danny and he saw Abby walk over and speak to him. It was something he didn't really get to feel so often and be honest, he liked it. There was just some sort of radiance to her that Danny felt drawn to. A warm presence that only seemed to compliment her fiery red hair. Perhaps she was one of the few people who actually looked at him in a positive way.

It went without saying that he was indeed attracted to her. He tried to temper those feeling though. He barely knew Abby aside from she had told him, and to simply fall for someone after barely knowing for a day seemed silly. Yet still, he couldn't help but hear a small whisper in his ear telling him to pursue her, for she was something truly special.

"Lead the way."

Danny replied as he allowed Abby to show him where this wiccan cafe was. For a few moments, there was a bit of silence between the two as they walked to the cafe. Danny didn't talk to a lot of people so conversing wasn't exactly his strong suit. Just say something, anything Danny thought to himself as he looked over to Abby "So.." He began "I take it you've been living on your own too?"
 
Lead the way. He said and she coukdnt stop the smile that crept onto her face. She didnt know what it was about this group and Danny but she like that fact that she finally felt like she belonged somewhere and that was a huge weight off her chest.

Whenever she was near Danny she felt a comforting and safe feeling which was strange to her but she had come to like it along with the strong attractiin she felt towards him. When he had enetered the room it was like she felt his presence around her and even more so when he was near but she wouldnt dare tell him that and scare him off though she doubted much could scare the latge man.

They walked in silence for a while both seeming to be shy and lost in their thoughts. Danny was the first to break the silence and said So....I take it youve been living on your own too?

Abby nodded and said " Ive technically been living alone since i was 15 but yeah i live alone I actually prefer it that way its what ive been used to. I never fit in at school or the orphanage and living alone i never had to worry about being the freak or a devil like the head nun was convinced i was " she chuckled softly

"Have you always lived alone Danny? I know New york is a rough city to grow up alone in but you definitely could survive if your street smart" she said

They approached a small cafe and she grinned spotting two seats and sitting since they were one of the few in there.

"The food here is amazing Danny"she said hearing her stomach growl in response. She hadnt eaten earlier form the troubke she was in and could use a hot meal.
 
Last edited:
The cafe was charming to Danny. The dim lighting seemed to compliment the gothic interior of the café seeming to put him at ease. If the food was as Abby claimed it to be, he would definitely have to return.

Have you always lived alone Danny?

"Since I was 14." Danny looked down as he spoke, he hated thinking about the day he ran away; the day the only other person who cared about him left. "My grandfather took care of me after my mom died and when passed... I ran away." He could already feel his heart swell as he spoke "I didn't know if they were gonna send me to a foster home or what... but I didn't want to find out." Danny didn't like bringing down the mood, but it was hard to paint losing the most important people in his life in any positive manner. He was willing to try though.

"The first year was hard." Danny confessed as he sat down at a table across from Abby "I slept in the alleys and just walked the city and avoiding cops whenever they passed by. Last thing I needed was them trying to take me into custody." He looked over at Abby for a moment and sighed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to babble on." he said with a soft smile taking a look around "Maybe we should order something, I really do want to eat something."
 
Abby's heart ached hearing his story which was weirdly similar to hers except for the parent part. She had never had parents just the caretakers at the Catholic orphanage and they only did what was necessary. The closest thing she got to family was her ex and his family and it seemed even they were annoyed with her shenanigans at times.

She softly placed a hand over his as he finished his story and said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to babble on."

"Its ok Danny..I know its painful to speak about...I was in similar situations myself and though the idea of being in a family was exciting for me i was always afraid i wouldn't fit in i just never did" she smiled softly at him then glanced down at her menu.

"Ill have my usual Coconut Shrimp and Fries and maybe a glass of wine to warm me up" she chuckled "I know it isn't quite coffee but i want something to fill me up for the night."she said
 
Danny listened as Abby spoke about having. He truly felt for her. Even when he his mother and grandfather, he never lived in any luxury. First he lived in small apartment with his mother then in a old in Albany with his grandfather, yet both of them tried their best to make Danny feel loved. That was something he missed most of all.

From sound of things, Abby never got to experience that. Watching other kids get adopted, being shunned by other kids and the nuns alike; it was no wonder she felt so alone. He wish he could make that pain go away, to let her feel that warmth that he had experienced so long ago. For all he could do was try to be her friend and let her know she wasn't alone and that was something.

"I think I'll get steak and fire, rare." Said Danny as he made his order. It had been a long time since he ate a really good meal and a nice steak sounded perfect. "I think wine sounds good too." It wasn't long before their wine came, as the waitress left the bottle. Danny held up his glass and smiled. "Here's to our first AA meeting." He said with a laugh, knowing Abby would see the irony ".. and meeting new people."
 
Here's to our first AA meeting...and meeting new peopleHe said with and laugh and she couldnt help but laugh as well "To new friends and new beginnings"she laughed and toasted back.

She took a sip of the wine loving the taste of it the house wine they served there was unlike anything she''d tasted it was like they put something in it that called to something inside of her. Not shortly after their food arrived and it looked and smelled amazing.

She saw no problem with Danny having his steak rare either in fact it looked like it barely touched the stove but she hadnt been grossed out about the sight of the blood and he seemed to be enjoying it alot. She sighed with appreciation at the sweet and crunchy taste of the shrimp hit her tongue as she bit into it and she ate a few fries.

She smiled and asked him "Would you like to taste some?" and offered him a shrimp as she poured them some more wine.

She felt warm inside from her drink and felt energized being in the cafe and being there with Danny. She smiled and said " We'll at least one thing good came out of the meeting...We get to meet new people and hear their stories.. its more like group therapy i suppose... Maybe it'll be a good thing"she said giving a small smile.
 
Danny tried to keep his composure when eating his meal. It was uncommon for him to simply scarf his food like an animal especially when he was starving. He managed, cutting his streak and eating it while sipping on wine in a polite manner in order to not gross out Abby. The steak was tender almost melting in his mouth with every bite and the fires were crispy and golden, and the wine only seemed to compliment the meal even more, warming Danny up as he sat there with Abby. It was perhaps one of the best meals he had eaten in awhile. Danny slowly eased in as Abby offered him a shrimp, unsure if she wanted him to take it from her or bite it off from her hand. He chose the ladder as he leaned in, his lips barely touching her fingers as he ate the shrimp. "It's good..." He said with a smile, uncertain if what he did was okay. "You can try mine as well" he said cutting off a piece that look fully cooked and offered it to her.

We'll at least one thing good came out of the meeting... We get to meet new people and hear their stories.. it's more like group therapy I suppose... Maybe it'll be a good thing

"I think it's safe to say that as of right now, it is indeed a very good thing." Perhaps it the wine or maybe it was because everything just seemed to be perfect but Danny couldn't help but be a little forward. "Abby" he began looking down and back at her "I remember you saying you didn't really have a place to stay at. If you want you can stay with me. N-not that I expecting anything in return, I just... I'd rather not have you try to find a stay." Danny knew for years how hard it was having to find a place to sleep when you didn't have a home the least he could was give Abby a warm place to sleep.
 
Abby watched as he bit the shrimp she offered from her hand and he offered her some of his steak and she ate it off of his fork sighing at the taste "It is really good"she said and took another sip of her wine to wash it down.

Abby smiled at him agreeing that the meeting was a good thing and when he offered her a place to stay she couldn't help but be shocked. She had a job she worked at but living in New York she couldn't ever afford renting a room or paying for an apartment it was just too expensive. She had been house crashing for a while and never got into trouble until recently and when she couldn't find a place she crashed in her car.

"I remember you saying you didn't really have a place to stay at. If you want you can stay with me. N-not that I expecting anything in return, I just... I'd rather not have you try to find a stay."

She looked up at him silent for a while unsure why the idea of staying with him thrilled her so much. She blushed slightly imagining a wet Danny exiting the shower in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist and water dripping down his body and she cleared her throat finally speaking figuring that the wine was really taking effect.

"Danny...A-are you sure?...I mean I'd like to but...I wouldn't want to intrude or inconvenience you...."she said in almost a whisper unsure if it was him or the wine talking if it had the same effect it had on her.

Here he was a handsome troubled man who had a very similar story to hers and similar attitude towards life offering her a warm place to sleep without expecting anything in return. He was the sweetest man she'd ever met.
 
Danny...A-are you sure?...I mean I'd like to but...I wouldn't want to intrude or inconvenience you....

Danny sighed, part of him was embarrassed that he would bother to ask Abby to stay with him. He met her for only a few hours, to even bring up such a suggestion seemed ludicrous. When it came down it, he knew why he asked and perhaps deep down; Abby knew as well. All it needed was for one of them to just say it. "Abby" he said as his hand began to move to her's on the table, placing it on top.

"Today has been... weird" it a great start but Danny decided to power through. "I have been alone for so long and to be honest, I hate it. I hate the isolation, the looks people would give me and maybe I might reading it all wrong but I think you feel that way too." Danny could hear that soft whisper in his ear to keep going and to act on his instinct. "I know we just met, but I feel something us, and I figured that if we had to be alone... maybe we could alone... together." It was then without warning that Danny leaned in, his lips pressed onto Abby's acting now on his instinct. He softly broke their kiss "So.." He said "How about it?"
 
Abby had felt the connection between them strongly as he touched her hand and got nervous when she heard him sigh.

She didn't know why she felt like this toward him and it seemed insane that she could feel so strongly about a man she had only met a few hours ago."Abby" he said bringing her out of her thoughts and causing her green eyes to meet his light brown ones. In fact if anyone stared closely enough they seemed to have a hint of gold in them like something lied beneath.

He confirmed her thoughts and said "Today has been...weird". She nodded as he continued and she had to hold back her emotions as he told her that he's been alone so long and he hated it and he had a feeling that she did as well.

She had no idea he could read her so well and he told her that if they had to be alone maybe they could be alone together. She was about to speak when she suddenly felt Danny's lips upon hers.

She sighed against his lips kissing him back softly and smiled when he pulled back asking her "So..How about it?".

Abby looked into his eyes and leaned in kissing his lips softly again. He was right about it all she hated being alone and isolated and sad at times because of it. In fact she had felt like she was complete with him..like nothing could bring her down.

She blushed and nodded "Ok...Yes I will..I'll move in with you"she said softly knowing the two of them would have sounded insane to strangers but it just felt..right. "I know it seems strange but...I feel connected to you somehow Danny...I can't explain it"she said and moved her hand to his chest placing it over his heart and closing her eyes feeling like something much deeper than their attraction to each other connected them.

She opened her eyes and smiled at him sensing the waitress returning and she blushed more hearing her clear her throat and place the bill down.

Danny grinned at her and she swear she heard the waitress mutter something like get a room but she hadn't seen her lips move. Maybe she was imaging things because they both had quite a bit of the house wine.

Once they paid the bill she knew that going back to her car tonight to drive wouldn't be a good idea. She held his hand as they left the restaurant and she looked at him saying "So..how far is home? I would drive us but...I don't think that would be wise...especially since we are supposed to be coming from AA" she said and laughed
 
Danny leaned in a bit as he walked with Abby on the street to his house. He was feeling a lot of things; exhausted, a little tipsy, and dare he say... a bit in love. "It's a few blocks away" he said in response to Abby's question of where he lived. "It's kind of a walk but, maybe it'll give us a chance to sober up a bit."

There wasn't much talking between the two as they walked to Danny's place. Their walk comprised mostly of them kissing one another along with a few loving nuzzles, words at the time seemed as if they would only spoil the moment.

Their walk lead them to the end of what was once the city's factory district. Right across and old empty rundown factory building was old house. It was beaten down, the windows boarded up and the paint from the roof was chipped away from the years, but like Abby and Danny; there was more to it.

"Here we are" said Danny as he led Abby to the front door. "My grandpa used to live here when he a kid, used to take me here all the time to show me. I think they tried to use the place as a clinic before it got shut down." Danny began to unlock the door, turning on the light to show the inside. The warm lighting filled the room, the inside of the house wasn't a palace by any stretch of the imagination there were the wall has some wears and tears but it was large perhaps too large for one person to live alone in and it definitely beat sleeping in the cold. For Danny, it was home. "So what do you think?"
 
Abby had never felt like this about a guy before. Sure she had dated but it never felt like this so real. She enjoyed the walk with him and the soft kisses and comfort of him holding her as well. She felt like she was in love.

She held his hand as they approached a large house almost the size of a warehouse and it was boarded up and a bit dated on the outside and to others it would have been a put off because it looked abandoned but to her it felt like home..a home with Danny and she couldn't help the grin that spread on her face.

Here we arehe said as he brought her up the stairs. My grandfather used to live here when he was a kid,he used to take me here all the time to show me. I think they tried to use the place as a clinic before it got shut down.

Abby stepped inside looking around as they went in and saw there was a bit of damage but she didn't care where they stayed she didn't come for the free place she came because she wanted to be with him and to her it was perfect,

So what do you think? he asked her and she turned and hugget him softly "I think it's as amazing as you are Danny"she said and looked him in the eyes.

"Are you going to give me a tour ?"she smiled and looked around the large place. "I want to see everything you are willing to show me Danny".
 
Last edited:
I think it's as amazing as you are Danny

Danny knew she was being sincere, but he couldn't help but laugh at the compliment. It just came off like some line from romance movie. He didn't though, being with Abby seemed almost like something out of some movie or book what with practically falling for one another the first day they met.

"Follow me" said Danny as he led Abby to the right side of the house. "This... is the living room." The room was large but also showed it’s age. One side of the room had a shelf with book from the previous owners, mostly volume of the encyclopedia and novels from various author like Shakespeare and Conan Doyle; other were torn and too faded to read. The center of the room laid a couch, it was old and also left by the previous owners but it was actually in decent condition. At the other end of the room laid an TV Danny managed to get from a Goodwill store for cheap.

Danny led Abby around showing her where the bathrooms and kitchen were as they walked. There wasn't much to say about them. Both was obviously looked old but in no way filthy, "Took me forever to clean this place up," said Danny "Though honestly, I was surprised how well everything in here like the plumbing and the wiring held up, old American ingenuity I suppose."

Finally he led Abby upstairs where Danny's room was. There wasn't much for Danny about it as the center laid his bed, another item he managed to get from Goodwill. "That's kind of it" he confessed feeling a bit embarrassed about the less than thrilling tour. "I wish I could show you more, but all the other rooms are empty. Like I said, it gets kind of lonely." It was then that Danny thought of something "Actually now that I think about it" he began "The attic has a ladder that leads to the roof and it's a beautiful night... we could go up and look at the star if you want."
 
Abby followed Danny as he gave her a small tour of the large home. He showed her the living room which had a long leather couch and a small bookshelf which both seemed to be in decent condition and A TV as well that Danny showed her.

Next Danny showed her the bathroom and kitchen both old but in no way dirty at all and Danny told her he was surprised plumbing and wiring kept up in a place like this. She stayed silent letting him continue showing her around then he finally showed her his bedroom.

Everything seemed okay to her and she was impressed how Danny had made this place into a home. "That's kind of it...I wish I could show you more,but all the other rooms are empty. Like I said...it gets kind of lonely"he said and she looked through him giving a small smile to lift his mood.

"It's fine Danny honestly, its better than places I've been staying and now that I'm here we both possibly couldn't feel alone anymore". She looked at him as he mentioned going to look at the stars and she immediately grew excited.

It was actually one of her favorite things to do on clear nights and she said " Oh trust me I definitely want to Danny"she said and looked around for a moment at the room. She wondered if he had wanted her to share the bed with him or if he wanted her to crash downstairs on the couch. She wouldn't mind either but she had learned in life to never assume anything .

"I umm...I'm going to take a bath if you don't mind...and then we can go on the roof.. I need one after my day"she chuckled recalling herself being caught and taken in. She had gotten a lot of things out of her small shopping though, some shoes, clothes, underwear and a bit of snacks and drink she could have for a while.

She kissed his cheek softly after he spoke and decided to head back downstairs with Danny and grabbed a few things fromore her bag like some soap, a clean pair of underwear and a Large t-shirt she managed to snag a while back that was extremely large on her but served as a sleeping gown.
 
Back
Top