Miscellaneous political debris

Benghazi

Nothing left of the dead horse, but bone fragments

"Ending one of the longest, costliest and most bitterly partisan congressional investigations in history, the House Select Committee on Benghazi issued its final report on Tuesday, finding no new evidence of culpability or wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton in the 2012 attacks in Libya that left four Americans dead."


http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...mittee-finally-wraps-andconcludes-nothing-new

"Still, the investigation accidentally uncovered the fact that Hillary Clinton used a private email server while she was Secretary of State, so I suppose it was mission accomplished after all."

June 27, 2016

Another 165 pages of emails from Hillary Clinton’s time at the State Department surfaced Monday, including nearly three dozen that the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee failed to hand over last year that were sent through her private server.

The latest emails were released under court order by the State Department to the conservative legal advocacy group Judicial Watch. The batch includes 34 new emails Clinton exchanged through her private account with her deputy chief of staff, Huma Abedin. The aide, who also had a private email account on Clinton’s home server, later gave her copies to the government.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown...n-emails-released-including-some-she-deleted/
 
Republican Gov. Pat McCrory discussing HB2 with Republican legislators in private meeting

June 29, 2016

A draft bill that surfaced Tuesday would restore the ability to sue for employment discrimination in state courts – something McCrory has been pushing legislators to do for months.

Some lawmakers have said that changes to HB2 could be considered before the General Assembly adjourns this week or next. But GOP leaders have been tight-lipped about what changes might be in the works. Many of them have stressed that they’re unwilling to drop the law’s best-known provision, which requires transgender people to use the bathroom that corresponds to the gender on their birth certificates while in government facilities.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article86619457.html

In North Carolina, Struggle Against HB 2 Continues


http://www.advocate.com/politics/2016/6/23/north-carolina-struggle-against-hb-2-continues


NC legislators mull changes to HB2, would keep anti-LGBT portion


Hopes that North Carolina‘s GOP-led General Assembly would completely erase the law have withered, but some adjustments are possible before lawmakers end their annual session — if Republican leaders can get the changes through without opening the entire bill for debate.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/06/nc-legislators-mull-changes-hb2-keep-anti-lgbt-portion/
 
get

:eek: :D:D
 
Why do French women, who work at about the same rates as American mothers, report being much happier than we do?

Why are French women having more babies than every other country in Europe?

In France, mothers get 16 full weeks of paid leave (26 for your third child), and the government pays an allowance to parents for each child.

There is a national child-care system, staffed with trained child-care workers who are paid better than their American counterparts.

It provides full meals for children, and it's funded at a rate of about 80 percent by the state. Some parents pay nothing.

The French get five weeks off per year: 25 paid days per year.

Nannies are licensed by the state.

Health care in France is incredibly affordable (and nearly free for some).

French parents are supported by hundreds of years of social agreement and services.


http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/06/french-parenting-government.html



"...our (American) government isn’t interested in providing us with much more than lip service when it comes to equal pay and paid leave and child-care workers who are well-trained and well-paid in child-care centers and schools that are safe and affordable."

"In America, we can’t even muster agreement on the basics, and often view ourselves as embattled not just by our government but by other parents, by schools, and by nonparents alike. We feel judged. We’re overworked and tired, undervalued, and overwhelmed. And the disparity between people with the money to afford better services for their children vs. those without is only increasing."


France had a revolution because the French elite did not listen to the voices of the starving.

Why do the French face this issue with unity, when America is so divided on publicly funded childcare ?
 
The Chilcot Report 2016


gsgs question-

What did Tony Blair know, and when did he know it ?
What did G.W.Bush tell Blair, when he visited the stage set "ranch" ?

White House officials illegally leaked the identity of Valerie Plame, a covert CIA agent, in retaliation for public criticisms made by her husband, Joseph Wilson IV, about the Bush administration's case for invading Iraq.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...eyPlayers.html

Sir John Chilcot today released his report into the Iraq war after conducting an inquiry which has been running since 2009.

2.6 million word report includes a memo entitled “note on Iraq" sent from Mr Blair to George Bush before the conflict.


“We have concluded that the UK chose to join the invasion of Iraq before the peaceful options of disarmament had been exhausted. Military action at that time was not a last resort.

“We have also conclude that the judgements about the severity of the threat posed by Iraq’s WMD were presented with a certainty that was not justified.

“Despite explicit warnings the consequences of the invasion were underestimated and the planning for Iraq after Saddam Hussein were wholly inadequate.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7122636.html


Chilcot rejected Blair’s view that spurning the US-led military alliance against Iraq would have done major damage to London’s relations with Washington.

The report is critical of the Ministry of Defence and military commanders who were tasked with occupying four southern provinces of Iraq once Saddam had been toppled.


https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...blair-iraq-war

Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast

Republican representative Bob Ney, whose committee is in charge of the eateries, said the action was "a small but symbolic effort to show the strong displeasure of many on Capitol Hill with the actions of our so-called ally, France".


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2842493.stm


Former Ohio Republican congressman Robert W. Ney was sentenced to 30 months in prison yesterday, becoming the first elected official headed for jail because of corrupt dealings with now-convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...011900162.html
 
Brexit a serious blow to the UK economy? This former central banker doesn’t think so
July 7, 2016

On the day of the Brexit vote, Mervyn King, the former Bank of England governor who oversaw the ‘08 financial crisis, gave Paul a tour of London, during which he made his case that banks have yet to reform themselves eight years after the crisis. That concern is central to King’s new book, “The End of Alchemy: Money, Banking, and the Future of the Global Economy.” PBS NewsHour spoke to King after the Brexit results and asked how Britain’s exit from the UK will affect the world banking system and the global economy.


"In the short run, there’ll be certainly some impact on total spending, because the sheer uncertainty of the situation — political but to a certain extent economic — means that investment is likely to be postponed for a while, and that will slow down the growth of the economy in the short run. But I’m not at all convinced that this will have an enormous impact on the economy in the longer run, just as joining the European Union in the 1970s didn’t, I think, with the benefit of hindsight, have anywhere near the same impact on either the level or growth of our national income as either side in that campaign then held out to be the case. Economists have a habit of being pretty resilient in the longer run."


http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-...y-this-former-central-banker-doesnt-think-so/


Money: The Brave New Uncertainty of Mervyn King
author of article- Paul Krugman


The End of Alchemy: Money, Banking, and the Future of the Global Economy
by Mervyn King


"His view of the somewhat separate crisis within the euro area—the crisis that produced devastating recessions in Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and, above all, Greece, even as the United States was recovering—is also fairly conventional as an intellectual matter, even if it’s somewhat shocking to hear it from so influential a former policymaker. For King declares the euro a mistake, and he somewhat elliptically calls for its dismantling:

If the alternative is crushing austerity, continuing mass unemployment, and no end in sight to the burden of debt, then leaving the euro area may be the only way to plot a route back to economic growth and full employment."


http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2016/07/14/money-brave-new-uncertainty-mervyn-king/
 
In February 1987, at the height of the Cold War, a top official at State caused a leak of extremely sensitive material, classified above top secret. It was distributed far and wide—to nearly every country in the world. And for that serious information breach—much worse than anything Clinton is accused of—he received nothing more than a letter warning him to be more circumspect in the future.


http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ecretary-cold-war-classified-documents-213999

gsgs comment- After the waste of millions of dollars, waste of hours of work, waste of time, all brought about, because The Right Wing was determined to bring dishonor to Hillary Clinton's name.
/end gsgs comment


"None of the emails she sent or received contained material that was classified at the time, and there’s no evidence that anybody but the intended recipients ever read them."
 
Fox News is pushing the double standard angle, apparently because Clinton is getting a full-bore grilling and Rice and Powell are getting a pass.
 
The Legal and Ethical Ramifications of Letting Police Kill Suspects With Robots


July 9, 2016



Thursday night, after a shocking night of violence in which five police officers were killed by snipers, Dallas police took the unprecedented step of using a remote-controlled “bomb robot” to kill one of the suspects. Now that law enforcement in America have killed a suspect remotely, it’s important to consider the legality of the decision—and what might happen next time.


http://motherboard.vice.com/read/dallas-shooting-bomb-robot-legal-analysis?trk_source=homepage-lede

Multiple murders, the police officers arrest the murderer. The murderer is unharmed.

The police officers tear gassed him, and he came out of his trailer in the Ozarks.

Frazier Glenn Miller Jr. founded the Carolina Knights of the Ku Klux Klan in his native North Carolina and later the White Patriot Party.

All three of his victims were Christians.

He killed William Corporon, 69, and Corporon's 14-year-old grandson, Reat Griffin Underwood, at the Jewish Community Center in Overland Park, Kansas. He then shot 53-year-old Terri LaManno at the nearby Village Shalom retirement center.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article32369937.html


http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...igious_extremists_bred_in_north_carolina.html
 
Breaking my own heart, by walking through a scenario.

The Right Wing initiates a rebellion.

State lines become border crossings.

The Great Dispersion begins.

Get out of town, or be executed.

What is left of free California ?

The wall begins after Oakland.

The bridge was destroyed.

New Oregon and Idaho are part of a gateway.

The Redwoods were sold, and are associated with New Oregon.

Lake Tahoe is under Nevada control.

San Francisco was sold, and is under private ownership.

The most Northern of the states, remained free.

Illinois is a battleground, and is under siege.

Choose North Dakota and choose freedom.

Move to South Dakota and accept fundamentalism.

Ohio and Pennsylvania are part of a gateway.

The wall at Alexandria is deadly.

The rest of Louisina was sold, and is under private control.

It is summer, and Canada is trying to cope with the American immgrants.

There has been an agreement to isolate Washington DC, and to leave it untouched.

Maryland is No Man's Land
 
It is summer, and Canada is trying to cope with the American immigrants.

By this point they would be refugees not immigrants. We can offer temporary housing alongside the Syrians. Families only, please. I know it's hard for Yanks but try to be circumspect, polite and respectable. It will help with your assimilation.
 
*watches video clip of "George W. Bush At the Memorial Service For the Slain Dallas Police Officers"*

George W. Bush seems to be on something, or other.
Wonkette puts forth her opinion, that he was very drunk.
Laura Bush seems to be miffed, at yet, another episode of her husband's inappropriate foolishness.
Does she think it was a bad idea, to give in to the Texas Republican political machine, and put GW in the public eye ?
GW is repeating his "Funny GW" act.
GW begins to "act up," and Michelle Obama feels GW swinging her arm.
Michelle expresses her exasperation with GW's inappropriate swaying.
What was GW saying to Michelle Obama, that caused her to lose her composure ?
A few protecters move in behind Michelle Obama, just in case they have to intervene.
Have there been instances, where GW has switched from merrily teasing, to unpleasant and nasty aggression?
Falling down drunk may involve head injuries...
Drinking does cut down on inhibitions.
Fights do break out, at bars and parties.

At the end, GW does not seem to know where he is, at all.
Nothing mattered to him, before he became President.
Nothing matters to him, now that he is not President.
Why did he feel the need to drown out the world ?
 
Trip through the time machine.

Archive for April 16, 2014
Boston Globe

"Mistakes in Watertown"
During the manhunt for Tsarnaevs, hasty gunfire put police, others at risk

"The Market Is Not Free If the Elites Hijack It"

The aftermath of April 15, 2013

Boston Marathon Bombing Tribute

Ukraine sends forces against seperatists

John Farrell pays a fine for making disparaging remarks about the replay system.

(It might be recorded on videotape,but it does not see everything, and tell the whole story. Still the same as it was, before technology. Perception is individual.

Speaking of the past, Everlong by the Foo Fighters was playing as I finished writing.
 
The tough, restricted lives of the dozen people whose homes lie in both Maine and Quebec.

JULY 15, 2016

The quickest way to get to Estcourt Station from anywhere else in the U.S. is to exit Maine through the town of Fort Kent, loop through a corner of the Canadian province of New Brunswick, then drive on into Quebec, on an hour-long trek through gritty logging towns and French-speaking hamlets. You can cross back into Maine by way of the 2,970-person Quebec town of Pohénégamook.


A retired Canadian man named Raymond Trudel lives at 1165 Rue de la Frontiere, in a house that straddles both sides of the border. He’s allowed to enjoy all areas of his property, including his Canadian living room and his American backyard, but he can’t venture beyond the property line in back–if he did, he would be entering the United States illegally. He is however, allowed to wander around the U.S. in his own backyard, but nowhere else.


It’s not the easiest place to relax, though: “They are expected to abide by our hours,” says Lebel. “On the weekends they need to be in their houses by 5 p.m. and can’t leave until Monday morning at 9 a.m.” Those are the hours of the border crossing.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/article...lications-of-living-atop-the-us-canada-border


gsgs comment-

One of the most amusing moments of our trip to the Adirondacks was playing hopscotch with the New York/ Canada border.

Hop on one foot, that is in the USA.
Hop on the other foot, that is in Canada.
My inner child was in utter joy.
Sadly, I cannot recall the colors of the line.

It is sad to think a border guard would get irate about that.

Yay, G.W. Bush
Great job, Bushy/end sarcasm sequence
 
*tip of the hat, to Luk Disgustipated*


Bend Over, America — Here Comes President Trump

THURSDAY, JULY 30, 2015

Henry Rollins

Even after all the science, advances in medicine and technological breakthroughs, which have brought about possibilities that were once almost impossible to imagine, many of us long for the pungent ooze of a stagnant past. Ideas of equality and common decency often are seen as being weak or an abomination. Why? I don’t know. It’s one of those things that makes us exceptional.

When you think about it, some of the greatest examples of American music are, in many ways, blood diamonds. You think blues, gospel and soul came from everyone getting along and living comfortably? Billie Holiday’s tone came from all the hugs and free breakfasts? Jazz, America’s greatest single cultural export, came to be because Jelly Roll Morton didn’t spend most of his life being made to feel like a second-class citizen? To listen to this music, conscientious people might have to accommodate what they are unable to overlook and accept that which they cannot change.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/henry-rollins-bend-over-america-here-comes-president-trump-5841096

Henry Rollin's comment about Mr. HWMNBN

"Who is this man who will put all other world leaders in their place? The same man who just read a cellphone number, allegedly Lindsey Graham’s private line, out loud so the world could hear. (Hey, I laughed.) This man is America."

(Asked why he gave out Graham’s personal cellphone number, Trump said from the passenger seat of his black SUV: “So people can call him; so he can get something done.”)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ams-real-cell-phone-number-and-hes-not-sorry/

Has Henry Rollins decided to vote Independent, now that Bernie has endorsed Hillary Clinton ?

Henry Rollins quote

" I can’t imagine what it’s like to be stopped day after day just for being black."

"This is a small part of why I believe we need reparations in this country. The psychological damage combined with the chronic poverty institutional racism creates, says we are 150 years behind treating our brothers and sisters as human."

gsgs comment-

Can you imagine what would happen to the USA economy, if reparations were given out ?

Suddenly, there would be money for small businesses.

I am hoping they would buy a town. Maybe, one of the towns that were stolen.

As it is, communities that have existed since the 1860's, get ignored, as if they are invisible.

One community had fresh water wells, and the nearby city had planned to bulldoze homes, back yards, and streets. The city had planned a highway, to connect with another highway.
The existence of the community was not on any of the city's maps.
The people were there. Grandparents, grandchildren, great grandchildren.
But, according to the city, they did not exist.
Environmentalists took an interest.
Clean springs ran through the community's land.
The comunity lived on untouched land.
 
Chris Christie had a bad week.

His good buddy, that he gave a job to, got busted.
His Bridgegate buddies got busted.

A storm caused a tree to fall on his house, and a fire started.

After becoming Mr. HWMNBN's go fer boy and dog to be kicked, his loyalty and usefulness were not rewarded. Mike Pence ate his lunch.

Christie chose Mr. HWMNBN, and he chose humiliation and degradation.


http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/n...e-wanted-and-his-bad-year-got-worse.html?_r=0

Donald Trump officially introduced Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as his running mate on Saturday.

Pence praised the man who selected him.

"Donald Trump understands the frustrations and the hopes of the American people like no leader since Ronald Reagan," Pence said.

"Contribute now to be the first to join the Trump-Pence team," Trump said in an email solicitation.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ss...s_pence_as_his_running.html#incart_river_home


July 16, 2016


On Thursday, two individuals close to Christie were charged for bribery in the "chairman's flight" United Airlines scandal just as word got out that Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, wasn't going to ask him to be his running mate. Tom Moran explained in a column why it was Christie's worst day ever: "My guess is this corruption stink had a lot to do with Trump's decision to pass him over."

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf...eek_than_gov_christie.html#incart_river_index
 
Lying in a bed of roses,
Some have all the blossoms,
Some have all the rose leaves,
Some have beds of branches,
Others sleep on thorns.

THE TRUTH ABOUT ABRAHAM LINCOLN, #NATIVELIVESMATTER, #BLACKLIVESMATTER

12 JUL 2016

"I walked in and found that it contained writings and thoughts regarding the legacy of our 16th President. On one wall was a series of his quotes and words regarding the Union. And in the middle of that wall, etched in stone, I found his following words:

I could save the Union….

My paramount object
in this struggle
is to save the Union,
and it is not to save
or destroy slavery.

If I could save the Union
without freeing any slave,
I would do it;
and if I could save it
by freeing all the slaves
I would do it;
and if I could save it
by freeing some
and leaving others alone
I would also do that.”

http://nativenewsonline.net/currents/truth-abraham-lincoln-nativelivesmatter-blacklivesmatter/

http://www.lincolncottage.org/blog-2/

December of 1862, Abraham Lincoln ordered the largest mass execution in the history of the United States.

After more than a month of military conflict between the Dakota people, American Settlers and the US Military regarding the failure of the United States to meet its treaty obligations, several hundred Dakota warriors surrendered themselves

38 Dakota men were sentenced to death. It is important to note that President Lincoln did not order retrials, even though the initial trials could easily have been seen as a sham, but instead he merely changed the criteria (twice) of what charges warranted a death sentence.

Americans embrace a mythical understanding of Abraham Lincoln. A President who, historically, did not believe that Native lives mattered.

gsgs comment-

The war had bankrupted the nation's coffers.
The soldiers, immigrants, and displaced people needed land.
Robber barons bribed their way to sham success.
Lincoln sacrificed the lives of Native Americans to progress.
Lincoln sacrificed the lives of soldiers to the war.
Lincoln sacrificed the hopes of freed slaves to efficiency.
Nearly every treaty that Lincoln made with Native Americans, was worthless.

In the Game of Thrones story, Varys is focused on the survival of The Realm.
Because of Varys's life experiences, he works toward having the ruling structure and armed defences intact and functioning. He does not blanche at unpleasant,and sometimes horrific actions. There was no deception too dishonest, no murder too brutal, no intrigue too underhanded, if any contributed to a desired outcome.


Lincoln did not have to contend with evil magicians, but he did have to keep our nation whole, competitive, functioning, and progressing. He was busy playing whack-a - mole, with an endless list of problems, conflicts and laws. He was a mortal man, and he did what he could, with what he had.

What Lincoln had was a White Supremist Christian ruling class. Native Americans would be torn away from their parents, and taught to conform. All races and all religions would be vulnerable to domination.

Mr.HWMNBN preaches Unity. Unity of his followers, who are mostly White Supremist Christian males.

It is 2016, and Mr. HWMNBN is opposing Unity among people who want Equality for everyone.
 
Watching a film, "Agora"

A commentary, on a youtube clip voices a problem that troubles us, today.

"I think it showed well the point where religion gets dangerous. When you no longer care if a person is good/wants to do the right thing and care more about if that person accepts God and belongs to the group, no matter what. The point when you no longer question things, too."
 
Stephen Colbert, I can hardly believe he would go that far, for a prank.
It was wonderful.

Yahoo seems to believe is was not staged.
"..before completely being thrown off stage."
 
How much cognitive dissonance exists with the faction that supports Mr. HWMNBN ?

"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior."

Mr. HWMNBN has a well documented past.

What is consistent with Mr.HWMNBN, is that everyone that enters his sphere, is neutered and neutralized.

No one stands at the same level, as he stands.

Everyone is knocked down.

If he trusts no one, but himself, how is he to run a country, as large and diverse as the United States ?

The contrast between President Obama's family and Mr. HWMNBN's family is stark.

The relationships between President Obama, his wife, and his daughters appear to be natural, and healthy.

There is a strained quality, between Mr.HWMNBN and his family.

They tried to appear as a normal family, during an interview, and it failed.

Everyone stuck to their scripts.

"The problem was that the Trump family made the creepy Romney clan of 2012 seem like the warm, friendly neighbors next door. The Trump family wants you the voter to know that they love their dad and that they think he will make America great. The Obama family has always given off a warmth in their interviews. There was no warmth to the Trump town hall."


"The fake was overwhelming during the town hall. The town hall was all about selling Trump as a president. It was impossible to find a genuine moment between Trump and his family. The Trump family gave a stump speech for Donald Trump."


CNN and Anderson Cooper tried to give them the opportunity to drop the pretense, and show America there was something, besides rote memory speeches.

Melania fulfilled her duty, and performed her rote memory speech, this week.

She is not a good actress, and the speech was wooden and lifeless.

She has not returned to the convention floor.

She served her purpose.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/288298-trump-and-the-cult-of-stupid

The day went off the rails with the clumsy, criminally stupid catfight with Ohio Gov. John Kasich, followed by suppression of the legitimate concerns of hundreds of Trump-skeptical conservative delegates who wanted a bare-bones opportunity to have their voices heard.

Trump’s hostile takeover of the Party was in full public view as the Vichy RNC refused to even consider their motion, with the now-familiar Manafort-themed Eastern European thug tactics and gloating on display.


Tonight, Mr.HWMNBN's cheerleaders were shouting Freedom, and the crowd cheered...
 
Last edited:
If the years that have passed, have proved anything, it has proved that the Republican party does not give a fuck about anyone.

Mr. HWMNBN does not have a good track record, concerning people.

And yet, the supporters of Mr. HWMNBN are putting their trust in the empty hot air from Trump.

It is always just a small percentage, that stands between the candidate that sits in the ultimate seat of power.

JOHN KASICH, TED CRUZ, PAUL RYAN, MARCO RUBIO, BEN CARSON, JEB BUSH, CARLY FIORINA, CHRIS CHRISTIE, RICK SANTORUM, RAND PAUL,MIKE HUCKABEE,LINDSEY GRAHAM

All were known, all entered political office, all supported by voters who wanted nearly the same things. They are not saying anything different, at the 2016 Ohio convention, than they have said in the years that have passed.

A strange contradiction is occurring. These candidates were rejected by Mr.HWMNBN's faction. The people that have chosen Mr.HWMNBN feel let down, they are angry, and feel betrayed.

Yet, they listen to speeches by the people they rejected and cheer at the speeches, when they hear what they want to hear.
 
The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial is centered in the 400 block of E Street, NW, Washington, DC and is the nation’s monument to law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty. Dedicated on October 15, 1991, the Memorial honors federal, state and local law enforcement officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the safety and protection of our nation and its people.

The Memorial features two curving, 304-foot-long blue-gray marble walls. Carved on these walls are the names of more than 20,000 officers who have been killed in the line of duty throughout U.S. history, dating back to the first known death in 1791. Unlike many other memorials in Washington, DC, the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial is ever-changing: new names of fallen officers are added to the monument each spring, in conjunction with National Police Week.

http://www.nleomf.org/memorial/?ref...31j0i10j0i13j30i10j0i8i30j0i22i30._8glcn0NYhE
 
The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial is centered in the 400 block of E Street, NW, Washington, DC and is the nation’s monument to law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty. Dedicated on October 15, 1991, the Memorial honors federal, state and local law enforcement officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the safety and protection of our nation and its people.

The Memorial features two curving, 304-foot-long blue-gray marble walls. Carved on these walls are the names of more than 20,000 officers who have been killed in the line of duty throughout U.S. history, dating back to the first known death in 1791. Unlike many other memorials in Washington, DC, the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial is ever-changing: new names of fallen officers are added to the monument each spring, in conjunction with National Police Week.

http://www.nleomf.org/memorial/?ref...31j0i10j0i13j30i10j0i8i30j0i22i30._8glcn0NYhE

The NRA headquarters are just off Route 66 in the Washington suburb of Fairfax--in case anyone was planning to picket or something. :)
 
Back
Top