Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 04-20-2018, 08:36 PM   #276
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice_Rosaleen View Post
After much deliberation, I decided to set my story on Earth. No lunar bases or orbiting colonies, no terraforming or space travel. Sigh. Maybe next time.
Hope everyone's muses are being cooperative collaborators!
Damn. So no Gibson heiress story? Nertz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoquiSordidaAdMe View Post
I've been head-down over the keyboard. I'm at 9k words and this is shaping up to be my longest story yet.
*scrtch scrtch*

Good lord, and I was crowing about having written my "shortest" story in years (the Mystery Tour) at 11K...

But then, I really do admire the soul of brevity, even if I do not possess it. My bookshelf proves it, and NotWise's "Third Ring" recently reminded me again why. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
I'll shut up about my word-count, other than to say, my god, world building is word building.
I'm looking forward to it. *pen hovers expectantly*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoquiSordidaAdMe View Post
I've got this "job" thingy that I go to every day. They don't mind if I pop in here and tap out a quick message or two every so often, but they don't like it when I spend all day typing up naughty stories instead of clearing my inbox.
Lol! Yeah, that job-thingy, indeed. I only just sat down after executing an 11-hr event with measurable success. I can now expect a pat on the back and a "Knew you could do it! Bet you will do even better next time!" Sigh. My muscles have commenced stiffening up as we speak. Time to write this weekend. I've earned it.

At least my Geek Pride furry story had a week to gestate at the back of my brain and I can feel it wants to come out. A good sign, and a good feeling.

Even better, though, I found out a buddy is planning a story for this event, too, on the sneak. But I've been given instructions that I'm not to add him to the list. Damn it. Even more mysterious...wanna read it!!

Last edited by Etaski : 04-20-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #277
Voboy
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etaski View Post
Even better, though, I found out a buddy is planning a story for this event, too, on the sneak. But I've been given instructions that I'm not to add him to the list. Damn it. Even more mysterious...wanna read it!!
Me too. Might be the same guy.

Should be good.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:30 PM   #278
JasonClearwater
Literotica Guru

Hey Etaski, you can scratch me from that list. I don't have a mind to write with at the moment. Next time.

My Lit stories live here: Submissions

Latest Submission: A Committed Boy [13 pages, GM, Non-con love story]

Reviews for 'A Committed Boy':

"I gave you a one star because it was writing and it was on Literotica."
- Trollazar

"Itís not a rainbow and unicorn love story. Thank god, more a Tarantino version." - Hutchison12

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Old 04-20-2018, 10:40 PM   #279
Alice_Rosaleen
Experienced

Quote:
Damn. So no Gibson heiress story? Nertz.
I'm still writing a story, just no space cowboys :-)
I wanted to focus more on the AI/biotech aspects than astrophysics and space travel. That and the sex...
PS- space furries?

Last edited by Alice_Rosaleen : 04-20-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:52 PM   #280
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonClearwater View Post
Hey Etaski, you can scratch me from that list. I don't have a mind to write with at the moment. Next time.
Understood. I sense your brain needs soothing. Props on finishing your other novella with some good commentary (see? you can write a love story just has to be your flavor). I also genuinely enjoyed the reveal in your work-in-progress and look forward to more of that eventually.

Quote:
I'm still writing a story, just no space cowboys :-)
I wanted to focus more on the AI/biotech aspects than astrophysics and space travel. That and the sex...
OH!!

Well, Hell, yeah! *ahem* Yes, please.

Truthfully, the AI and biotech were what my mind seized on when the thrust of the plot was revealed. That's what I want to see. How you get there? Meh, I'm not gonna be picky. Your muse was arguing with you for a reason. Glad to hear you're still in. Best of luck!

Old 04-20-2018, 10:59 PM   #281
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
PS- space furries?
Oh, you edited that. Didn't see it.

Hmmmm. Not exactly space furries, but... I can't exactly deny that, either. Pulled from my favorite futuristic-cyberpunk-dystopian-gothic-urban-horror RPG setting. I'm almost sure there's only one of those, anyway. The mad bucket of Slosh that it is.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:01 PM   #282
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voboy View Post
Me too. Might be the same guy.

Should be good.
Rrrreally? PM me your guess?

Old 04-21-2018, 12:31 AM   #283
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

*Baning head on desk*

Time travel, why are all the ideas coming to me involve time travel?
Now proud **Playgrounder #333*

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." Rene Descartes

Sleep well, but always, always dream better

Old 04-21-2018, 01:34 AM   #284
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjThoughts View Post
*Baning head on desk*

Time travel, why are all the ideas coming to me involve time travel?
Because time's running out for getting your writing done?

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 04-21-2018, 01:38 AM   #285
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Because time's running out for getting your writing done?
More like it's the only thing that's been coming to me, thought I have this one idea.

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." Rene Descartes

Old 04-21-2018, 09:10 AM   #286
Voboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjThoughts View Post
More like it's the only thing that's been coming to me, thought I have this one idea.
If you think about it, these ideas arenít actually coming to you. They already came to you. Or they still havenít.

Because time travel.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #287
Blind_Justice
Literotica Guru

My story is threatening to eat me.

Fading Stars - Chapter 03
A mysterious box. An orgy. And irate crewmembers.

My stuff on Lit

Old 04-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #288
Oblimo
Literotica Guru

Another flake here, or sure if heís going to have something worthwhile by the deadline. My electroconvulsive therapy eats up an entire day with static now that theyíre using ketamine.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:19 PM   #289
Oblimo
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Justice View Post
You could become the Chuck Tingle of Vore - Unbirthed by my Own Geek Pride Unbirth Story or somesuch.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #290
Oblimo
Literotica Guru

Etaski Space Furries?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B18A3AC6-0E6D-4B22-8304-17D1BDFBB4A6.jpg (78.2 KB, 0 views)

Old 04-21-2018, 02:38 PM   #291
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Justice View Post
I thought it already was. I mean, your Bio says the muse is giving you blowjobs. Now get back to your day off!! Mush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblimo View Post
Etaski Space Furries?
That's a glorious cover. I love how it even states, "This is a nightstand book. Adult reading." In teeeeeny-tiny vertical print on the side of the cover. So what the hell does that nerd have to be crossing his arms and looking so huffy about? Sheesh, man, they're hanging on you!!

Alas, but no. The fuzzy female in my story would eat those bunnies. And not in the "pleasant for both parties" way.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:03 PM   #292
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

I, too, must resign from this. It's become apparent that all my story ideas, and those I've attempted to write, will not finished in time.

Good luck to all those who are attempting.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:44 PM   #293
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
But then, I really do admire the soul of brevity, even if I do not possess it. My bookshelf proves it, and NotWise's "Third Ring" recently reminded me again why. ^_^
Thanks! A little plug never hurt, and your comment was awesome

Short story writing (and The Third Ring is a short story) is a different art than novel writing. You have to approach things differently. I happened to be listening to NPR this morning while a UK novelist commented on the difficulty of following a character through changes in their life. He commented that he learned to do it by writing for 55 years, but it can be done by good short-story writers with grace, and that was a writing skill he didn't have.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My Valentines Day contest entry was Her Bodyguard (and his Dirty Valentine). It's a little brother/sister love story.
My most recent story is The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village, a story inspired by the legendary character of Yellow Woman.
I was seduced by a ghost story, so the working title for my next story is "Two Whores and a Playwright." The name might stick. I don't know.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:21 PM   #294
LoquiSordidaAdMe

I had a personal goal to finish writing my story by April 22, a full month ahead of the Geek Day deadline. That would give me plenty of time for editing, beta-reading, and polishing. I'm going to miss that. No way I finish today.

I'm over 10k words already and I still have so much more to go. Unfortunately I also have tickets for a show tonight, so I'm done writing for the day.

Ok, new personal deadline: April 29. Wish me luck.

The rest of my prosaic little stroke stories

Old 04-24-2018, 03:38 PM   #295
RubenR
Literotica Guru

Quote:
SimonDoom: "I'm in. There will be tentacles."

Okay...

This has been puzzling to me for a while...

Simon, have you paid attention during your biology classes?

I just watched some television, I saw a small guy talking, and suddenly it all made sense to me.

It really is nothing to be ashamed of. Just to be sure: will there really be tentacles or...

Old 04-24-2018, 03:46 PM   #296
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenR View Post
Okay...

This has been puzzling to me for a while...

Simon, have you paid attention during your biology classes?

I just watched some television, I saw a small guy talking, and suddenly it all made sense to me.

It really is nothing to be ashamed of. Just to be sure: will there really be tentacles or...
I did. I like biology. I'm a big mollusk fan.

Always remember the FI in SCI FI. It's O.K. to twist biological reality. My story will deal with the issue of inter-class sex, too.

Re that video you linked: that woman is hot but I have no idea what she's trying to say.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #297
RubenR
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonDoom View Post

Always remember the FI in SCI FI. It's O.K. to twist biological reality. My story will deal with the issue of inter-class sex, too.

Re that video you linked: that woman is hot but I have no idea what she's trying to say.
She needed a lot of talking (too much talking) to come to the final conclusion: "Tentacles are on an octopus, and testicles are men's balls."

Old 04-24-2018, 03:54 PM   #298
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenR View Post
She needed a lot of talking (too much talking) to come to the final conclusion: "Tentacles are on an octopus, and testicles are men's balls."
O.K. Admittedly, my story does not delve into this issue. Tentacles will loom large. Testicles, not so much. That's for another story.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:51 PM   #299
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
Thanks! A little plug never hurt, and your comment was awesome
I'm glad you think so.

Quote:
Short story writing (and The Third Ring is a short story) is a different art than novel writing. You have to approach things differently. I happened to be listening to NPR this morning while a UK novelist commented on the difficulty of following a character through changes in their life. He commented that he learned to do it by writing for 55 years, but it can be done by good short-story writers with grace, and that was a writing skill he didn't have.
Oh my, yes, it is. I seem able to weave together whole novels easily. And once in a while, I can write short stories, but since I'm not known for them, my "regulars" only comment that it feels like I'm leaving a lot out.

The odd thing for me is, I read more short stories than I do long epics. By a vast margin. The epics I've followed are also mostly the graphic novel sort (the classic "ElFQuest" and "Sandman," and the much newer "Saga" are good examples). I've read a couple of novel-series-epics but I could probably name them all fairly quickly.

Meanwhile, I've read so many horror, comedy, and fantasy short stories, they fill my bookshelf (reminds me, one of my favorite humor writers passed recently, RIP Patrick F. McManus ), and in general, my favorite stories on Literotica are stand-alones and not very long.

Yet practicing writing itself, I churn out dozens of novels either in a series or related to each other. Huge epics.

...so why is it what I read so different from what I write?? Even weirder to consider, how are my readers' tastes so different from my own when they like what I write, "the longer and bigger and more epic, the better"?

Quote:
!! This is one of the cutest comments I've read recently. Coming from a biology geek.

Quote:
Looking forward to that.

Better get back to my list!

In Order of Appearance:

PuckIt (Not positive where we are, but no doubt he'll assure me the fiftieth beginning is the lucky one. )

BiscuitHammer

Antryg Windrose

electricblue66
("World building is word building." ...Yes. Yes, it is.)

Blind_Justice (I have no idea where the word count is, but several characters are screaming, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!"

lovecraft68

ChloeTzang (Waiting for the Tale of Two Stories. )

Voboy (FIRST FINISHED! Quote the author: 21K words, and has a buddy working on a story in secret. The Author's Hang-out Geek thread probably needs...what, a hot tub? Would that help? )

xelliebabex

rutger5

LoquiSordidaAdMe
(In Progress, 10K+! Personal best, and still more to go. 4/29 personal finish line, Good Luck, Loqui! )

Alice_Rosaleen (In progress. THANK GOD! No space cowboys, but that's fine. She scared me for a second!)

PrettyLilPussy

ShyChiWriter - the muse is glancing over 2 pitches while waiting for the writer to sit down.

Loquere

MSTarot
(PIRATES! I seriously want pirates.)

weftandwarp (SECOND FINISHED! 10K words of Botany, love, and autism.)

SimonDoom: High-five to a big mollusk fan.

Aaaand haven't finished my own, yet. Finished a different release first (personal deadline also), and had a hell of a week. But I still have two weeks for my violent-fun furry story, plus those scenes that keep playing in my head will be fun to write.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:20 AM   #300
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Reminds me of a geography class. We were studying the Great Barrier Reef, which is made of lime-secreting orgasms. Apparently...according to Charley, anyway.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions