Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess. It's a place to stack bricks ready for use, right ?

No, the Brickyard is the nickname for the racetrack where they run the Indianapolis 500 every year. You know, a bunch of crazy guys driving as fast as they can, weaving in and out of traffic, making one left turn after another and occasionally causing a big accident.

Kind of like getting caught in a roundabout in Paris. ;)

No, the Brickyard is the nickname for the racetrack where they run the Indianapolis 500 every year. You know, a bunch of crazy guys driving as fast as they can, weaving in and out of traffic, making one left turn after another and occasionally causing a big accident.

Kind of like getting caught in a roundabout in Paris. ;)

I think you just defined why I prefer Formula One.

No, the Brickyard is the nickname for the racetrack where they run the Indianapolis 500 every year.

I've never watched NASCAR at all (outside of when I tune in before it's over to see the "Law & Order" repeats)... But I saw ads recently saying it'd be "the last time" or something like that. (Now that I think about it, it may've been Daytona.)

Regardless, how the crap?! I figured these people worked during the week as the stuntmen crashing the cars on TV shows, as the only way any actually finished a race was to jump out of the car.

I've never watched NASCAR at all (outside of when I tune in before it's over to see the "Law & Order" repeats)... But I saw ads recently saying it'd be "the last time" or something like that. (Now that I think about it, it may've been Daytona.)

Regardless, how the crap?! I figured these people worked during the week as the stuntmen crashing the cars on TV shows, as the only way any actually finished a race was to jump out of the car.

(Note to an earlier post by you: It's hominy grits, made from hominy corn, which is maize stripped from the cob and treated with alkali. It tastes terrible unless you rinse it and prepare it properly).

Crash - David Cronenberg (1996)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back