My new submission, re: New York in the 1970s

It was okay. It was like the eighth chapter of a much longer story. Your constantly bringing up an unintroduced Michelle really detracted from the story. Even bringing up Andrea was annoying. The focus of this story should have been Judy and bringing up other women spoiled the mood for me.

The sex scene itself was fine. Again, as it felt like a small piece of a much larger story, I kept wondering about the significance of various details. Adding on the final talk which seemed to set up another chapter or two made the story even seem more incomplete.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I see the issues.

This originally was to be a short story that was set several months earlier (September 1974 in fact). Then I expanded the time line forward until it's - well it's a novel now I guess, and an incomplete one at the moment. I have to expand backwards in time too to explain certain things. And I also have many gaps I have to fill in along the way.

I have never attempted a novel before and I can appreciate the how difficult it is for those who have successfully completed one.

I thought this site was a good place to experiment by posting pieces of it to get some feedback. I won't have something close to a complete version until - who knows, quite a while from now.
 
Back
Top