Colleen Thomas RIP May 26, 2006

rgraham666

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 19, 2004
Posts
43,468
God, this breaks my heart to write.

Colleen's gone.

She suffered a heart attack on May 26, 2006. She's buried in Mississippi next to her grandfather.

I received a PM last night, through Colleen's account. I've been trying to find out the truth of it all day. I just spoke with her lover on the phone and she confirmed it.

Melissa told me that Colleen regarded us all as family and wanted us to know what had happened. If you want to get in touch with Melissa, PM or e-mail me and I'll give you the contact info.

Goodbye, Colleen. We're going to miss you more than words can say.

:rose:
 
There are no words.
I can't and won't try.
Goodbye to a beautiful woman.
:heart: :rose: :heart:
 
Rest in peace, Colly, knowing you were loved so well by so many who's lives you touched from afar.

0002554241397_215X215.jpg
 
She was the first person to ever directly respond to a post of mine.
We are richer for her friendship, even now.

:rose:
 
Words fail to sufficiently express the priviledge of knowing you and the loss felt at your passing.
:rose:
:heart:
:rose:
 
The world has lost one of its greatest talents and minds. We love you, Colly. We'll miss you, and there will always be an empty place in our hearts that only you could fill. :rose:
 
The morning the space shuttle Challenger blew up I was doing errands and my last stop was the grocery store. I grabbed the local paper off the end of the checkout counter, folded it and stuck it my bag, giving the clerk a quarter. I did not have the radio on and knew nothing about the tragedy.

When I got home I set the grocery bag down and removed the paper. I unfolded it and saw the headline and horrific photo: "Challenger Explodes."

For an instant I felt a curious impulse that I'll never forget: "Put the newspaper back in the bag!" As if I could put the horrible news back in the bag and make it go away.

Opening AH and seeing the title of this thread just now I had the exact same impulse: "Press backspace!"

I won't be able to look at the "Lesbian Sex" toplist for a while: Half the stories there are Colly's. It's too painful.

Our community has suffered a monumental tragedy.
 
Colleen was one of the first to welcome me here. She will be truly and heartachingly missed.
 
I can't even begin to describe how I feel right now. Sadness doesn't seem like a big enough word but I can't think of another. She inspired me more than any other writer here. I respected her as a writer, admired her as a person and loved her as a friend. She was truely one of a kind.

Peaceful journey Colly. :rose:



I think I'm going to go cry now.
 
She will be deeply, irrevocably missed.

:rose:

Colly, you were ever a true friend, a great storyteller, a wonderful human being. Peace to you, Dear One.
 
I didnt really know her ~but Iam sorry to hear you all lost a good Friend. :rose:
 
oh my god....

I can't even explain how much I will miss her

I'm in shock

added: Colleen, It was an absolute privilage to work with you on stories...to flirt with you, to tease. I will miss you intently. I will never forget you, and I would never want to no matter how much it hurts.

Rest In Peace my wonderful friend and wonderful writer. We will all miss you.
 
Last edited:
Jammies just told me about this.

This is a time when I wish that the author in me had better words to describe my feeling, but the following from Don McClean came to my mind immediately.

"This world was never meant for one
As beautiful as you. "

Your words were a legacy, and your presence a blessing. May you be at peace wherever you rest. Your loss will bring us sorrow, but your memory will make us proud to have known you.
 
Peace be unto you dearest Colly! :heart: :rose:

An empty place now exists in my mind and my heart.
A sadness has washed over me at the hearing/reading of this sad news.

I will miss you Dearest Colly! :(
 
Back
Top