Need help

adc3

Virgin
I recently read a story and forgot the title of it. It has incest/taboo elements and it starts out with a family of 4 vampires on a boat and the mother proceeds to help the son. It continues on with the family reaching their destination and goes from there. Any help is appreciated. Please help.

What type of vampire lore are you using as the basis for the story? If you're going off of the more generalized form of vampires where sunlight harms/kill them, then it's safe to presume most of their activity is done at night. With that being said something like, "They Only Come Out at Night," would be an apt title.

If you're going off of Stoker where the vampires can go out at night but are severely weakened then something like, "A Family's Embrace," "A Mother's Embrace," or "A Parent's Embrace," would be apt since there's a double/triple meaning for Embrace. Any potential turning, if any, the embrace of a family as family, and the Embracing of family as lovers.

I don't acknowledge other vampires if their lore creator has Meyer in the last name. (If you're a fan of the Twilight books, awesome. I'm just not a fan and so I don't associate with the lore/series. With that being said, I can't think of a good title for that type of vampire that's not super sarcastic.)

Last edited:
What type of vampire lore are you using as the basis for the story? If you're going off of the more generalized form of vampires where sunlight harms/kill them, then it's safe to presume most of their activity is done at night. With that being said something like, "They Only Come Out at Night," would be an apt title.

If you're going off of Stoker where the vampires can go out at night but are severely weakened then something like, "A Family's Embrace," "A Mother's Embrace," or "A Parent's Embrace," would be apt since there's a double/triple meaning for Embrace. Any potential turning, if any, the embrace of a family as family, and the Embracing of family as lovers.

I don't acknowledge other vampires if their lore creator has Meyer in the last name. (If you're a fan of the Twilight books, awesome. I'm just not a fan and so I don't associate with the lore/series. With that being said, I can't think of a good title for that type of vampire that's not super sarcastic.)

Think adc3 is looking for an existing story not talking about writing a new one. I did a quick search but came up empty. :(

Another similar post...?

There's a more recent post by someone else and they're describing the same story. They said it was called "The Afflicted" by ShyChiWriter

I recently read a story and forgot the title of it. It has incest/taboo elements and it starts out with a family of 4 vampires on a boat and the mother proceeds to help the son. It continues on with the family reaching their destination and goes from there. Any help is appreciated. Please help.

I think you're talking about 'The Afflicted' in the Incest/taboo category

Back