Truth is where you find it

JackLuis

Literotica Guru
Found this bit of wisdom on Raw Story, a leftest web rag.
Omy • 35 minutes ago

It is common trend in every single cause - The newer generation is incapable of understanding as a result of lack of personal experience, leading to romanticization of horrific events at the expense of facts.

Generational Conflict is a universal human condition, perhaps needed for the evolutionary pressure to force humans to evolve? ;)

Yeah, my parents would tell me things I had to do, or couldn't do, while telling me that they knew what was best for me. Looking back they were right most of the time, well, all of the time.

I don't have kids, but lots of friends and relatives do, and I can see my young me in them, and my parents wisdom from years of experience in the now me. Well sort of, I'm still kind of dumb about a lot of things. But that's just me.

I don't think generations will ever see eye to eye. And maybe that's a good thing. Otherwise old men in government wouldn't be able to keep sending young men and women to be maimed, crippled, raped by men in their own army, mentally damaged, and killed.

The problem is that, unless you have been there, done it, and thrown away the T shirt, you are NOT in the right position to identify the Truth; and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

So we are stuck with media whose prime purpose is to 'entertain' and make a load of money for the Investors and keep [controversial] Government policies as far away from the Public Eye as possible.

The Truth may be 'out there', but we fail to see it far too often.

Found this bit of wisdom on Raw Story, a leftest web rag.

Generational Conflict is a universal human condition, perhaps needed for the evolutionary pressure to force humans to evolve? ;)

I was just thinking of something along this vane:

Art or historical fiction often embellishes details of factual events:

So, now instead of fact or fiction, there's one factual account of an event and endless fiction 'based on factual events' to the point where fact is often lost to posterity.

If one were to write a story about how the government sees it's citizens, it would surely be in the anal category. Or maybe anal rape.

I'm trying to think of a quote I read by Mark Twain - I'm winging it here.

"Imagine you are a complete idiot. Now imagine you are a member of congress. But I repeat myself."

I didn't get it exactly and I don't think he said "complete idiot" but something in the same vein. Only he said it much much better, but you get the idea.

I'm trying to think of a quote I read by Mark Twain - I'm winging it here.

"Imagine you are a complete idiot. Now imagine you are a member of congress. But I repeat myself."

I didn't get it exactly and I don't think he said "complete idiot" but something in the same vein. Only he said it much much better, but you get the idea.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

“Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can.”

“An honest man in politics shines more there than he would elsewhere.”

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.”

“All Congresses and Parliaments have a kindly feeling for idiots, and a compassion for them, on account of personal experience and heredity.”

Via Emily Heil in the Washington Post

HP is right. For most people, most truths are the media's truths - the truths that will entertain and create advertising opportunities. Even for people who have lived through major, life-shaping events, the media plays a big role in shaping how they will remember those events. These days, if it isn't/wasn't on TV or Twitter, it didn't happen.

HP is right. For most people, most truths are the media's truths - the truths that will entertain and create advertising opportunities. Even for people who have lived through major, life-shaping events, the media plays a big role in shaping how they will remember those events. These days, if it isn't/wasn't on TV or Twitter, it didn't happen.

That is the truth. :rolleyes:

I had a colleague who for some reason suddenly found himself the target of media-bullying. It started out on Facebook I think, but all of a sudden the web was crawling with stories about the guy - all of which was fake - and he ended up quitting his job and moving away. There was no way of fighting it, because once a lie is told often enough people begin to accept it as the truth.

We may be intelligent as individuals, but as a group we remain nothing but cattle. Mooh! :eek:

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

“Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can.”

“An honest man in politics shines more there than he would elsewhere.”

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.”

“All Congresses and Parliaments have a kindly feeling for idiots, and a compassion for them, on account of personal experience and heredity.”

Via Emily Heil in the Washington Post

Thanks, I knew I didn't have it right.

Very true

Even here when arguments start its one side with the , they read this and read that and saw this and so and so says....

Then there is the side that has experienced the subject at hand and tries to tell it like it is and is inevitably called a liar because since person A does not have that experience person B cannot have had it.

And right, if some schmuck did not post it on facebook then it did not happen.

That is the truth. :rolleyes:

I had a colleague who for some reason suddenly found himself the target of media-bullying. It started out on Facebook I think, but all of a sudden the web was crawling with stories about the guy - all of which was fake - and he ended up quitting his job and moving away. There was no way of fighting it, because once a lie is told often enough people begin to accept it as the truth.

We may be intelligent as individuals, but as a group we remain nothing but cattle. Mooh! :eek:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Back