Fantasia (OOC)

Yeah sure, I can't see why not. :)

I have two characters in mind, I'll write both bios and have you the GM take a look at them to see which is more appropriate.
Character 1
Full Name: Mattroy Grant
Alias: Knight of Ivorene. Captain of the first battalion. The Elite.
Height: 6’2
Weight: 232 lbs.
Hair Color: Light Blonde, almost turning white.
Eye Color: Brown.
Physique: Solid

Written appearance: Mattroy is a chiseled man with the heart of a lion. As an Ivorian captain, he wears Silver Ivorian armor. From head to toe.
Unlike his friend, the prince, Mattroy wields two long sword. He has trained himself to be proficient in both.

Visual Appearance: will update it tomorrow.
Class: Knight
Specializations:
Beast Master

I'll leave this place blank for you to give me stat points to allocate. Surely a Knight of Ivorian at such a rank, won't be at level one. Lol.

Level
Strength
(P)Defense
(M)Defense
Magic
Dexterity
Experience:

Background: Mattroy and Jorn were both trained by General Beloran. On the day of invasion, the day they stormed Mila, Mattroy lost his left eye. (A powerful burst of light from the dark witch affected his pupils.) When General Beloran was strucked down Jorn took his place and motivated the soldiers to fight again. While he and the brave knights fought the hordes of Milans, Mattroy was in the throne room battling with the king of Mila, Lorbane.
When the battle was over, Mattroy emerged out of the throne room with Lorbane in his arms. Dead. Till this day he has refused to tell tale of how he achieved such a feat.
He was given the title, "The Elite" afterwards, and was appointed Captain of the first battalion.
Current story: Mattroy was at the north border where he was stationed when Emeline was kidnapped. When news got to him, he abandoned all else and rushed back home where he was told that his friend has gone to rescue the princess. The Ivorian Knight was greatly worried when he learnt Jorn left with a small band of mercenaries. After blaming the royal court over and over again for allowing the heir to the throne leave on a suicide mission, took up a squad of his best and made for Mila. Not just to rescue the prince and the goddess, but to save a brother and sister, for surely they were his only family left.

Ps. The soldiers that aided Jorn to escape are from Mattroy, and if time can be shifted back, hours ago, Mattroy was infront of the wounded prince, fighting off any pursuer as they exited the city.

That's my character, you wanted someone who'll take credit for killing Lorbane, hope it's OK.
My second character is an old wizard, probably looking 80-100, but is actually up to 300+yrs.
I'll get that Bio up if this is rejected. But I'll love to play this though.

Yeah sure, I can't see why not. :)

I have two characters in mind, I'll write both bios and have you the GM take a look at them to see which is more appropriate.
Character 1
Alias: Knight of Ivorene. Captain of the first battalion. The Elite.

Written appearance: Mattroy is a chiseled man with the heart of a lion. As an Ivorian captain, he wears Silver Ivorian armor. From head to toe.
Unlike his friend, the prince, Mattroy wields two long sword. He has trained himself to be proficient in both.

Visual Appearance: will update it tomorrow.
Class: Knight
Specializations:
Beast Master

I'll leave this place blank for you to give me stat points to allocate. Surely a Knight of Ivorian at such a rank, won't be at level one. Lol.

Level
Strength
(P)Defense
(M)Defense
Magic
Dexterity
Experience:

Background: Mattroy and Jorn were both trained by General Beloran. On the day of invasion, the day they stormed Mila, Mattroy lost his left eye. (A powerful burst of light from the dark witch affected his pupils.) When General Beloran was strucked down Jorn took his place and motivated the soldiers to fight again. While he and the brave knights fought the hordes of Milans, Mattroy was in the throne room battling with the king of Mila, Lorbane.
When the battle was over, Mattroy emerged out of the throne room with Lorbane in his arms. Dead. Till this day he has refused to tell tale of how he achieved such a feat.
He was given the title, "The Elite" afterwards, and was appointed Captain of the first battalion.
Current story: Mattroy was at the north border where he was stationed when Emeline was kidnapped. When news got to him, he abandoned all else and rushed back home where he was told that his friend has gone to rescue the princess. The Ivorian Knight was greatly worried when he learnt Jorn left with a small band of mercenaries. After blaming the royal court over and over again for allowing the heir to the throne leave on a suicide mission, took up a squad of his best and made for Mila. Not just to rescue the prince and the goddess, but to save a brother and sister, for surely they were his only family left.

Ps. The soldiers that aided Jorn to escape are from Mattroy, and if time can be shifted back, hours ago, Mattroy was infront of the wounded prince, fighting off any pursuer as they exited the city.

That's my character, you wanted someone who'll take credit for killing Lorbane, hope it's OK.
My second character is an old wizard, probably looking 80-100, but is actually up to 300+yrs.
I'll get that Bio up if this is rejected. But I'll love to play this though.

I like this character because his story is immediately connected to what has already happened. I think all of what you wrote is fine.

Now though, all characters start at level one but you won't be behind. It is very easy to get out of level one. As players advance, the exp requirement does too so it allows players to catch up.

I will PM you some suggestions for specialization based on what you have.

I will also PM Rom about something I need to discuss.

I'm on my phone so when I sit down at a computer, I'll get all this done.

I like this character because his story is immediately connected to what has already happened. I think all of what you wrote is fine.

Now though, all characters start at level one but you won't be behind. It is very easy to get out of level one. As players advance, the exp requirement does too so it allows players to catch up.

As for my character, this is the visual, though his armor is silver not bronze and the hair light blonde not redhead.
http://t3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdUt_8lZ_JF2yo_0p2LGoNR3KMH2xJUSaODdPTdAEE7eiHZwpK8glZJJo

As for my character, this is the visual, though his armor is silver not bronze and the hair light blonde not redhead. The swords are also longer.
http://t3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdUt_8lZ_JF2yo_0p2LGoNR3KMH2xJUSaODdPTdAEE7eiHZwpK8glZJJo

As for my character, this is the visual, though his armor is silver not bronze and the hair light blonde not redhead. The swords are also longer.

That seems fine.

I apologize for the hold-up. I'm going to try and get caught up here. This month just gets busier and busier.

@Stalzyn: As soon as you finish your profile for Grant, we'll see about getting him in the game.

I'm going to be working on a Jorn post tomorrow during my lunch break, and if I have time, I'll get out a dark witch post for Stephan. We're still waiting on Connell's player to post his profile over into the new OOC, so we can finally start talking there.

I apologize for the long silence but I promise you that I'm still here and around. I've just been taking care of business IRL. :)

I'm sorry. Yeah, we're waiting on Stephan. I don't know why I get Connell and Stephen mixed up. Lol

I don't know what has happened to that player since I PMed him several weeks ago. Hm...

If Stephen is gone, will his character become NPC and we'll continue the story?

It's been 15 days since he was last active. I tend to give players 30 days to PM me or get back to me when they are absent without any sort of notification. But I give them 14 days to post or show some activity before I move the game along and NPC their character. I am going to give Guk 15 more days, so until March 18 to get in touch with me or become active again. If he doesn't, then I'll drop his character from the game.

So, since we have more than six characters joining the game (possibly), I may get rid of some specializations.

A big misconception that I saw is that people were making their characters use more than one weapon. The reason why I made everyone use a specialization because typically in a RPG game, you specialized in weapons according to your job class. Now I know some MMOs give an assortment of heavy weapons to the melee classes, but this isn't like those MMOs.

When you wrote in your profile that that character specialized in that one weapon, then that's the weapon he/she specializes in. The only exceptions I allow are for shields and bucklers because they are like secondary weapons/gear/however you want to call them.

If your character uses daggers, say their specialization is archery but they have a small knife on them to use as a weapon because that knife can also be used for noncombat situations, I would consider that knife more of a utility weapon. Now if you specialize in knives and they're your primary weapon, then if you use any weapon other than that then I'm going to throw a penalty card at you. :rolleyes:

So, I'm going to look over these profiles real quick that have been posted in the Chapter Two OOC, and I'm going to highlight some issues that I want to fix now before this story really continues. I know I said I was going to post for Jorn, but if I don't fix these issues now then they'll forever continue in the game. Depending on the nature of these issues, I may also make some new specializations or make exceptions but we'll see.

Jorn
Pole Arms
Beast Master
Hunter

Gillian
Pathfinder
Acrobat
Projectiles

Weyland Need a weapon specialization
Blacksmith
Armorer
Minstrel

Mai
Scholar
Dancer
Minstrel

Connell
Trickster
Swordsman
Demolition

Stephan
Blunt Arms
Chef
Herbalist

Unclaimed Specializations: Tactician, Fisherman, Navigator, Axe Weapons, Gambler, Fists, and Tailor.

If you are playing a melee role, then you will need one of your specializations to be a weapon specialization. Mages, Clerics, etc. Usually don't need a weapon specialization because they are magic heavy and because we tend to only have one of each type, it's not that big of a deal.

I will say though that if your magic user uses a tome/grimore or some other trademark weapon like a staff or wand, then that would be their specialization. They would specialize specifically in that magic weapon. Now with class advancements at level 10, these weapons may change such if a mage wants to have an enchanted sword or something. It depends on the job class they change into.

But if you see bold and red in the list above, those specializations are conflicting. Specifically, the two players who have Minstrel. I'm not saying it is your fault seeing as I approved your CSes. I am just saying that they need to change. One of you needs to give up Minstrel and definitely, the Warrior needs a weapon specialization, so I can see Weyland giving up Minstrel to Mai so he can have a weapon specialization. I'm sorry, but he cannot specialize in every weapon under the sun. Maybe he can become a weapon master in his second job, but in his initial BEGINNER-level job. It's not going to happen.

A question where is the chapter 2 OOC?

Last edited:
Alias: Knight of Ivorene. Captain of the first
battalion. The Elite.
Written appearance: Mattroy is a chiseled man
with the heart of a lion. As an Ivorian captain,
he wears Silver Ivorian armor. From head to
toe.
Unlike his friend, the prince, Mattroy wields
two long sword. He has trained himself to be
proficient in both.

Visual Appearance: this is the visual, though his
armor is silver not bronze and the hair light
blonde not redhead. The swords are also longer.
http://t3.***********/images?
q=tbn:A...eiHZwpK8glZJJo

Specializations:
Tactician/strategist
Double axe user. (Is there a name for this)

Ability: Possess an amulet that can cast fire on target enemy. (Unknown to others)

Level 1
Strength 3
(P)Defense 2
(M)Defense 2
Magic 1
Dexterity 1
Experience: 0/10

Background: Mattroy and Jorn were both
trained by General Beloran. On the day of
invasion, the day they stormed Mila, Mattroy
lost his left eye. (A powerful burst of light
from the dark witch affected his pupils.) When
General Beloran was strucked down Jorn took
his place and motivated the soldiers to fight
again. While he and the brave knights fought
the hordes of Milans, Mattroy was in the
throne room battling with the king of Mila,
Lorbane.
When the battle was over, Mattroy emerged
out of the throne room with Lorbane in his
arms. Dead. Till this day he has refused to tell
tale of how he achieved such a feat.
He was given the title, "The Elite" afterwards,
and was appointed Captain of the first
battalion.
Current story: Mattroy was at the north border
where he was stationed when Emeline was
kidnapped. When news got to him, he
abandoned all else and rushed back home
where he was told that his friend has gone to
rescue the princess. The Ivorian Knight was
greatly worried when he learnt Jorn left with a
small band of mercenaries. After blaming the
royal court over and over again for allowing
the heir to the throne leave on a suicide
mission, took up a squad of his best and made
for Mila. Not just to rescue the prince and the
goddess, but to save a brother and sister, for
surely they were his only family left.
Ps. The soldiers that aided Jorn to escape are
from Mattroy, and if time can be shifted back,
hours ago, Mattroy was infront of the wounded
prince, fighting off any pursuer as they exited
the city.

Hidden story: Connell was also there when Lorbane was
defeated by Mattroy, he didn't defeat Lorbane with ordinary
force. He used some kind of magical weapon,
one he can't disclose as it is against the knight
code...one that is of dark nature. For surely
defeating Lorbane can't be a small/easy feat
for a lone Knight. And Connell knows all this.

If Stephen is gone, will his character become
NPC and we'll continue the story?

I suggest yes. Considering the fact that this is a group rp, it will die if the pace becomes slow. We can make him an NPC till he comes.

@Stalzyn: As soon as you finish your profile for
Grant, we'll see about getting him in the game.

Done with his profile, what next?

Last edited:
If your profile were approved, then I would have you post it to the OOC of Chapter Two, but it is not yet finished.

1) You haven't allocated any points to your profile.

2) The only specialization that you picked from the Unused list was Tactician. He cannot be a swordsman because we already have a character specializing in swords. So he would need to specialize in either Axes or his Fists. Those are the remaining to weapons and yes he could have special gauntlets and leggings if he did specialize in those things.

3) You still need 1 more specialization.

I know these specializations seem a little restrictive, but when characters reach level 10, which will be the beginning of their secondary job class, they can be as unique as they want with their job change.

If your profile were approved, then I would have you post it to the OOC of Chapter Two, but it is not yet finished.

1) You haven't allocated any points to your profile.

2) The only specialization that you picked from the Unused list was Tactician. He cannot be a swordsman because we already have a character specializing in swords. So he would need to specialize in either Axes or his Fists. Those are the remaining to weapons and yes he could have special gauntlets and leggings if he did specialize in those things.

3) You still need 1 more specialization.

I know these specializations seem a little restrictive, but when characters reach level 10, which will be the beginning of their secondary job class, they can be as unique as they want with their job change.

I have done some edition to the original post. check it out.

We talked and I'm keeping minstrel. Though, this whole deal made me think if wanted some sort of weapon spec. That would be nice to have later. I'll think and PM about it later. =)

Stalzyn: All of the attributes start at 1. You need to add 5 points to them. The specialization for axe is exactly what it is called, "Axe Weapons." Tactician is just called Tactician, and you still need a third specialization. You so far only have two.

Tactician and Axe Weapons.

Hard Rom: War Hammer falls under Blunt Weapons. The only specialization for weapons open currently is Fists.

Stalzyn: All of the attributes start at 1. You need to add 5 points to them. The specialization for axe is exactly what it is called, "Axe Weapons." Tactician is just called Tactician, and you still need a third specialization. You so far only have two.

Tactician and Axe Weapons.

Hard Rom: War Hammer falls under Blunt Weapons. The only specialization for weapons open currently is Fists.

Then open up more weapon specializations.

Please.

Then open up more weapon specializations.

Please.

I'll do this.

Everyone needs to pick a weapon and as soon as they pick that type of weapon, no one else can copy it. So if someone picks a great sword, then no one else can use any variations of a great sword. Once someone picks dual swords, no one can dual swords. This makes each character unique. You get only one primary weapon not multiple until you reach your second job class.

For Jorn, he will specialize in the javelin and as I said, a shield is his off-hand defense simply because he's a knight/tank class.

Your character specializes in polearms yet uses javelins. Javelins are typically missile weapons which someone else has a specialization in. A knight should use a lance. Yet your system does not allow you to use one or a long sword. Just a javelin. And does a swordmaster give them rights on being the person in the party who gets to uses swords.

Your character specializes in polearms yet uses javelins. Javelins are typically missile weapons which someone else has a specialization in. A knight should use a lance. Yet your system does not allow you to use one or a long sword. Just a javelin. And does a swordmaster give them rights on being the person in the party who gets to uses swords.

A javelin is actually classified as a polearm and that's a clear fact requiring no argument or debate.

Let me know when you're going to pick a weapon for your character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javelin

My character is a blacksmith. He uses a hammer. Goes with the shield breaker attack.

If it makes you feel better, I will give Jorn a spear because he not only uses his weapon like a spear, but one of his abilities is to lob it at an enemy.

The difference between the polearm specialization and the projectile specialization was basically 95% of the time if not 100% of the time, the projectile user, which is our archer is shooting projectiles at others whether it had been arrows, throwing knives, etc. The polearm user would basically be using their weapon as a polearm 95% of the time and not specializing in throwing objects.

Jorn's ability will still be called "Javelin Throw" because basically that's what he's doing, but instead of a javelin, he'll be lobbing a spear.

Back