Would be a knight

Ella came out of her reflection when she heard Thorn spit out the words,

"Blood elf?!"

She focused her attention on Tre, eyeing him thoughtfully. She knew some of his background, probably more then he did himself. And she had no intention of telling him anything more at this time. She then cocked her head to the side as her glance went over to Thorn. The girl was way too volatile for her own good. It could be partly from this vampire thing she had in her system, or it could be just the way she was. The last thing Ella was going to do was to tell her anything. This was the army...with army business nothing more nothing less. Ella's private affairs were just that private, if or when things became unstable, then Ella knew she would probably have to disappear, not wanting to put any of the soldiers lives in jeopardy over her problems.

She sighed quietly to herself before replying to Thorn's inquiry,

"Look Thorn, I have no intention of divulging any secrets to you or anyone else. You have certainly not earned my trust. Sure you have told us about your vampire problems and we are willing to try and help you with them. But, as for anything else, it will be on a need to know basis. Right now you're emotionally erratic and therefore until we get you straightened out, I am afraid that is the way it's going to stay."

As Ella finished speaking she heard a twig snap, she turned her head towards the area it had come from. She knew it could be any four legged animal, but in her gut she felt it was more of the two legged kind. She put her arm up for silence.
 
"Right, just remember those words when whoever is hunting you down Ella, tries to kill us, or for that matter, does." Just then a twig snapped, and she could instantly smell it was no beast or vampire. It was a elf. And she was already silent when Ella put her hand up. "Eleven blood... Ella?" She spoke quietly so only the three could hear her. But when she said Ella's name, she spoke questioningly, but rude and in the tone of "care to explain?" Tone. She drew her daggers, and all watched the woods.
 
Treborin, also heard the twig snap, but instantly closed his eyes allowing his elf senses to take over, he was sure the others would already know who was out there. He breathed slowly.

There were five of them, elves he thought, his mind drifting through the trees they weren't blood elves, they were imperial elves, like Ella.

He had never done this before, his elf senses flowing around everything. He could sense Thorns Passion and fear of the situation she was in. Ella was afraid to, running from something, trying to be brave and in control.

The elves were watching them, one was up a tree. Treborin suddenly opened his eyes his mind snapping back to his body he heard Thorn say "Elven blood... Ella?" Before he pointed to the elf in the tree

"There!" He shouted.

****

The Elf was surprised. He shouldn't have been sensed. He had been suppressing his energy, watching. Who every that elf was had a stronger elf sense than most. He jumped from the tree, heading back to his allies. Attacking now would be foolhardy. But soon The girl would be in their position. There was no doubt in his mind.
 
"Their gone, it's not use going after them. Imperial elf blood. Just like YOU Ella, funny thing, huh? Talk to me when, you can tell us what's going on, and learn to open up like me. Or when your imperial eleven friends show up." She said angrily and coldly, irritated at Ella's, ignorance, she trotted on.
 
Treborin turned to Ella. "Its not her fault, that she can't keep her emotions in check. It's the Vampier curse. There is only eleven days till the full moon now, but in five or six days she won't be able to fight the thirst. And traveling in daylight may also become a problem before the moon is full."

Treborin looked over at the young elf riding away. He just had a feeling this task was beyond them. Three more Clan leaders blood. though it would be posable to use someone directly turned by one of the clan leaders as the blood connection would be strong enough.

"You may have to restrain her."

He turned back to Ella, "I will keep an eye on her If you like. & if I sense those imperial Elves I will let you know."
 
Ella looked at Treborin thoughtfully before she spoke,

"Look Tre, I understand all about that girl and her problems...the thing is I don't have the time or the patience to put up with her abuse and insubordination much longer. In fact, I have had enough, she thinks she is my equal, well she isn't. She may have fighting skills but when it comes to command skills they are totally lacking."

She started to walk towards her horse as she continued,

" As of now, you keep her away from me, or so help me, she is on her own....for good or ill. I don't want to deal with her foul mouth and temper anymore. No on second thought, I will deal with her myself ."

With that being said, Ella gave Tre a brief nod, adding,

"Yes, if you sense anymore Imperial elves around please let me know as soon as possible."

She slide easily into the saddle and motioned the horse into trot. Knowing the wind in her face would bring her to a tranquil place for now.
 
Last edited:
Treborin road after Thorn, thinking, What did Ella mean? Was it inevitable that they were going to clash, was Thorn going to be forced to leave or be locked up... or worse.

He looked over at her. he couldn't deny his feelings for the little Elf girl, but at the same time, Ella was right, without discipline, the army would fall apart. Ella was her superior, she should try and keep that in mind before mouthing off at her.

Treborin sighed. It was only a matter of time before they clashed again. The men and women under Ella's command had now noticed, and if Ella didn't do something and soon, the others may lose faith in her leadership.

He could feel his heart burning he had never felt like this before. What would he do if it came to a choice between Ella and the army and Thorn? Would there story continue or would it be the end for one or all of them?
 
Thorn trotted along, it was almost night now, the sun only peaking out from the trees. Thorn could feel the large tension. She knew it was mostly her trying to control the urge to kill both of them, and her turning growing. But she could sense something was going on with Ella, with the Imperial elves showing up, and she didn't know how skilled they were, or smart, and didn't want anyone else's life in jeopardy because she refuses to tell. Thorn found herself grinding her teeth, in anguish. All of a sudden she got a blinding headache. And pulled over to the side. "Maybe. We. Should. Set up camp, now." Her teeth were grinding, and her hand was on her forehead, and she was squeezing her eyes shut.
 
Ella noted from the corner of her eye that there was something wrong with Thorn. Even thought she was at the end of her rope with the young elf girl, she decided to turn her horse around and see what was the matter. Stopping the horse a few feet away, she could see the girl was in some kind of pain, she signaled for the men to set up camp. Seeing Tre not far away Ella waved him over,

" See what is wrong with Thorn, give her a hand if needed, then set up our tents....after you see to your mount of course. I have some thinking to do for now."

She turned her horse around and as the men dismounted she continued to ride a little deeper into the forest where she could be alone with her thoughts. Once Ella put some distance from the noise of the men making camp she took a deep breath. The tranquil atmosphere of the forest had always calmed her, no matter what kind of situation she found herself in.

She thought about the noise in the forest as well as the feeling in her gut she had gotten earlier, wondering if the king's men had finally caught up with her. Ella hated the thought of putting the men in danger, she knew if she was right the men were definitely in danger. The need to keep her identity secret was paramount to the mounting pressures surrounding the palace and her father's reign. Maybe she should just keep riding...get as far away from here as possible. At least the men would be safe for now, if only Roderick would come back. Leaving that elf girl in charge when she was in her own personal hell wouldn't be in the best interests of the men. She shook her head....wondering what she should do.
 
Treborin watched Thorn, he knew she knew he was watching, but he didn't care.

It was getting dark. He bet the cuffs were probably hurting her wrists by now, but he also knew it was a good idea to have Thorn secured.

Every night the thirst would going to get stronger. Every night she was going to get stronger, and more dangerous.

He knew his sword could kill her, but if it came down to a one on one fight, she would probably win. Still he watched her. He couldn't take his eyes off her. Why her? Why now? A smirk flashed across his face. He had never felt these feelings for anyone. She had her head in her hands.

He suddenly realised they weren't alone, he had ignored the feelings, he jumped off his horse drawing his sword, but something hit him, and Treborin fell, unable to make a sound or warn anyone. The Elf dragged him off without a sound.

Thorn stood there she was in pain, distracted, not realising Treborin was no longer behind there.
 
Last edited:
Noric was the leader of the Imperial Elf recovery team. He stood in the tree watching Donella. He had forced his energy down so she couldn't detect him, the downside was he couldn't use his elf sense either.

She was alone, this was the best chance they had had so far. He had sent one of his men to watch the young elf, who had detected him, and another to watch the young female elf who had been arguing with Donella. Their orders had been to take them out if the opportunity arisen.

A third of the team was watching the men, which left him and Sara. She was a master assassin, more than a match for Donella.

Noric jumped from the tree, landing in front of Ella. "You have been missed. Your father has been stalling the dark elves saying you haven't been well, but if you do not return now, the treaty will fail and there will be war!"

Noric drew his blade looking straight into Ella's eyes, distracting her from the other elf behind her. "I don't know why you left, you happiness is worth nothing compared to the peace treaty. with the dark elves on our side the blood elves will fall. The orcs will fall under our control, then we will be ready to crush the humans. I can't believe you ran to them. you make me sick.

Noric pointed his sword at Ella, as Sara drew her blade. "You will surrender now or suffer the consequences."
 
Thorn drew her daggers from the body of a imperial elf. Treborin was missing, and she couldn't find Ella, The wound in her side had healed already from the elf. Then Thorn heard voices, she ran through trees until she saw a man, and another woman, and the woman was drawing blades on Ella. Getting a rush of anger at Ella life in danger, she yelled to the woman who was drawing out blades. "Hey bitch!" All three heads looked to her, "If ANYONE is gonna yell at Ella, OR harm her, ITS GONNA BE ME!" Thorn yelled in anger looking at the man and woman, she drew her daggers, and looked to Ella for a sign of approval.
 
At hearing the words,

"You will surrender now or suffer the consequences."

She turned slightly to see her long ago friend Noric. She rolled her eyes dropped her head to one side and softly growled,

"Noric!....."

Then all hell broke lose as Ella heard Thorn shout,

"Hey bitch!" "If ANYONE is gonna yell at Ella, OR harm her, ITS GONNA BE ME!"

After the initial shock of being suddenly surrounded by a bunch of elves of various factions. Ella gave Thorn a quick nod of her head before turning her focus back to Noric,

"Well if it isn't my very old but not so dear friend Noric, what has it been 80 ...90 years since I last saw your sorry ass running for the hills?"

As she mocked him she drew her sword slowly stepping around him so she could get a glimpse of what was happening with Thorn. It looked like an even fight so Ella turned her full attention back to Noric. She smiled grimly,

"I see from your uniform that you have wormed your way back into the imperial guards, I'm sure there is a story there. At his impudent grin Ella lost it, swinging her sword she barely missed slicing through his throat.

"I should have ended your devious soul sucking life that day when I found out what a lecherous low life you really were."

She lashed out at him again, he danced out of the way this time. Screaming her rage she lunged forward pointing her sword straight at his heart. He brought his sword up just in time to stop it with the guard, they were nose to nose now. Ella growled,

"I hate you Noris, your were never any good back in the day and I can see your still up to your old tricks of selling out to the highest bidder....like my father!"

They went back and forth this way for long minutes somehow evenly matched and breathing heavily, when finally Ella had enough. She stood back cocked her head at Noris' grinning face for a few seconds before she stretched out her right hand pointing the finger that had a green stone ring right at him. Immediately a strike of lighting came out of her hand directly hitting him in the chest. With a look of total surprise he fell to the ground like a stone. This caused Ella to laugh loudly remarking,

"Your not the only one that has dirty tricks up their sleeves!"

She then peered around to see if Thorn needed any help.
 
Last edited:
Thorn had the woman on her knees, facing Ella in fear, Thorn's dagger at her throat. Thorn was pulling her hair up, so that the woman couldn't move. Thorns hand was bleeding but quickly healed. A strike of lightning came down on Noris, blasting him to the ground. Thorns mouth fell agape, as Ella turned to look at her. "Holy shit! I should've guessed you possed arcane skills!" Thorn exclaimed in amazement. She returned to her serious face, and her tone was strong and commanding again. "Sorry... What do you want me to do to her? And Tre is missing, I had a headache, and that's when the elves showed up." The woman looked up and tried to spit, Thorn hissed, her fangs showing, and the woman put on a glum face, and looked up at Ella.

Thorn had heard parts of the conversation, this was more then she thought. Part of alliancing with the dark elves and conquering humans... She would always consider herself a wood elf. Wood elfs, we're currently under enslavery, by the orcs. She knew with her now young human appearance, she would always look like a 19 year old human girl, and it stung her. "I.. I'm sorry Ella." She said apologetically. Surprising her own self.
 
Last edited:
Treborin opened his eyes. at least he wasn't dead he thought. It was dark now, the sun had set. he didn't know how long he had been out.

He hadn't seen his attacker. He had been hit on the side of the head. His first thoughts were "is Thorn alright," before he realised he better think about himself.

His hands were tied behind his back and he was lying face down. He rolled onto his side. He could sense someone was there, but it wasn't a strong feeling, nor did he know who it was.

His eyes took a while to focus, was that an elf? Typical, another one making his life harder. His sword where was it?

The elf walked up to him. "Your awake, I'm glad I didn't do any permanent damage. I was ordered to take you out, and wait here for my colleges. I expected them back by now. Treborin could see his sword Imbedded in the ground a few steps away.

"You part elf, part human aren't you?"

Treborin said nothing. his father had told him "if you arr ever captured, don't talk to them."

The elf nodded, taking Treborin's silence as a sign he was right. "And this sword is magical and blessed?"

Treborin still said nothing, looking at his sword sticking in the ground.

"And this charm?" the elf said looking at it. The smile faded from his face as he looked at the runes. "Where did you get this?! This shows runes of Blood elf magic?!" The elf walked over to Treborin, Picking him up by the scruff of his neck and slamming his back into a tree. "Answer me!"

The elf hit him, "Tell me!" He shouted in his face, before hitting him again. "I won't be taking any chances, If you are part blood elf part human, I will have to kill you!"

Terborin Didn't answer definitely looking at his would-be executioner.

"The elf drew his dagger holding it to Treborin's throat pushing the charm in his face, "Answer me now, or I will send you to hell!"
 
Ella smiled at Thorn as she walked over to the two of them. Raising her hand she soon had the assassin out cold just like Noris. Reaching into her pocket for the extra set of keys she replied,

"Thorn give my your hands, I accept your apology why don't we start over again? With what is coming our way, we need your fighting skills. If and when Roderick gets back it's only you and me to keep the men alive now that my father's soldiers have found us."

She released Thorn's hands and continued as the girl rubbed her wrists.

"Tie these two scumbags up...make sure you have all of their hidden weapons, I know what he is capable of, and don't take any chances with the woman either. When they wake up haul their sorry asses back to camp. I am going to find Tre now."

With Thorn's nod, Ella turned around and leaped onto her horse, she had a feeling that Tre was in trouble. A short time later she felt the presence of Tre and another strange elf. She slipped off her horse and silently made her way through the trees and brush. As she drew near she heard voices. She parted some leaves and saw Tre...hands tied behind his back and a very angry Imperial Elf shouting, she waited her chance.

(The elf hit him, "Tell me!" He shouted in his face, before hitting him again. "I won't be taking any chances, If you are part blood elf part human, I will have to kill you!" "The elf drew his dagger holding it to Treborin's throat pushing the charm in his face, "Answer me now, or I will send you to hell!")

At that moment Ella extended her arm, the ring again threw out the lightening hitting both elves. Tre fell over onto his side while the other elf fell onto his back. Both were out cold. Ella felt bad about having to hit Tre with the powerful charge but there had been no time, that elf was going to kill him.
She knew poor Tre was going to wake up with one killer headache. She didn't care about the others when they woke up. One good thing about this ring, when set on mild, the subjects always woke up within 10 minutes, the painful after affects lasted a lot longer.

She walked over to Treborin and cut his bound hands....putting a healing spell on him so his head wouldn't feel like it was going to explode when he finally woke up. Just then she heard some noise from the direction she had come from. There was Thorn pushing her two prisoners ahead of herself while leading her mount....and they both looked they wanted to lay down and die. There was certainly no fight in them what so ever. Ella chuckled to herself when she saw how much Noric was suffering. Still chuckling she said,

"Well Thorn look like we have done well here, as soon as this elf wakes up you can use your cuffs on him while I see about your friend here. I know I can make his pain a lot less then theirs."
 
Thorn was glad her and Ella were good again, she was also glad she had her cuffs off, as it was extremely difficult to fight with them."Tre!" Thorn yelled in horror, "Will he be okay?" She had feelings for Tre but now wasn't the time. Tied both elves to the tree, there arms coffee around the tree. Having about all 20 hidden weapons from each. Nordic moaned, and Thorn kicked him in the stomach. Causing him to cough out blood.
 
Malan was watching from the trees. The two women elves obviously didn't know about him. He would stay back when the time was right he would rescue Noric and the others.

He had seen Donella, use an elemental magic, they hadn't been aware she could do that.

Suddenly he realised he wasn't alone he turned only to see a man dressed all in black. There was a moment of silence before the man in black rushed forward and grabbed Malan by the throat. Malan had never seen someone move that fast.

Malan struggled to get free drawing a knife stabbing the man in the stomach, but the man just laughed, before showing Malan his smile.

The pale man sunk his teeth into the final elf's neck sucking the life out of him. He then pushed his hand into the dead elf's chest removing his heart, crushing the organ, so he would never rise again.

He looked down and the two women and their prisoners much as Malan had just moments ago. "Soon. Very soon."

And with that he threw the dead body, into the clearing, turned and vanished into the shadows he had appeared from.


Treborin slowly opened his eyes. His head hurt, but he was still alive. Suddenly a dead Elf landed right in front of him "What the Fuck!" he shouted as he jumped to his feet, before looking at Ella and Thorn.
 
Noric, Looked at Malan's body, he could see the bite marks, and the gaping hole in his chest. This was not what he had been expecting. Maybe he could turn this to his advantage.

He spat blood out of his mouth and allowed his elf sense to resurface. He looked at Thorn, she was infected, but not turned, at least not yet.

"Donella, are you aware of your vampire problem?"

Ella nodded, and Noric smiled. "well then perhaps we can help you, and your little vampire bitch!"
 
As Thorn went to give Noric another kick in the stomach Elle raised her hand up to stop her.

"Wait Thorn, why don't we let Noric have his say, there just might be some very small chance that he has some useful information. I know it's a long shot, but what the heck, what have we got to lose?"

She walked over to the elf leaned down and took his chin in her hand,

OK...you rat, spill the beans and it better be good, if you want to live to the end of this day."
 
Noric smiled "Well you seem a little short-handed. there is only 3 of you. What if your little band is attached. Even with the Vampier girl, you wouldn't stand much of a chance. and escorting 2 trained Imperial elves and an Elven assassin would be hard. Maybe a truce is called for."

"The final of the 3 elves suddenly opened his eyes. "He's a blood elf half bread!" he shouted, making everyone stare at Treborin.

Treborin didn't understand what the fuss was about. Blood elves though were not liked by many other races, were no more powerful than other elf races, or at least that's what he had heard.

Noric looked back at Ella, "another interesting development. You know the legend of the blood elves, the halfling will destroy us all. What are you going to do about it."

"Let us go, and we will help you. we will help defend against the vampires, and protect you, Donella. You loved me once, I have never lied to you and never broken a promise. Though I do not approve of your choices, I do understand. Let us go and I promise no harm will before you."
 
Thorn had walked over to the corpse. "Damnit!" She said angrily out loud. "Pale man was here. How many imperial assassins did he bring? We can't trust someone with more tricks up his sleeve." She said to Ella
 
Ella let go of his chin in irritation walking away from him. She glanced at Thorn replying,

" Oh Thorn you don't know how very right you are, he always has tricks up his sleeve, but he doesn't know me like he thinks he does."

Turning back to Noric she continued,

"I'm not that naive little elf girl you once knew, I didn't love you I was too young to know what love was and you took advantage of that fact didn't you? Always the smooth talking elf that all the stupid girls fawned over. Except me, and you couldn't stand that could you?"

Ella stopped her tirade realizing everyone was listening. She straightened up staring at her enemy.

"The woman and that elf are expendable, that means we need to keep this ...this scum in line if we want to find out if he has any useful information."

She fumbled in one of her pockets and came out with a small bag.

"Thorn get me the water skin and cup from my saddle I have something here that just might help us out."

Once Ella had the water skin she poured some of the water into the cup and took a pinch of powder from the bag dropping it into the cup. She swirled it a few times and walked over to Noric.

"See Noric, I too have my own tricks up my sleeve, I don't think your going to like it, but you don't have a choice. Hold his head back for me Thorn while I pour this down his throat."

He fought a good fight, but the two ladies joined by Tre were too much for him, he ended up swallowing a good portion of the drink. Within minutes he felt fuzzy in the head, Ella grabbed his head and looked into his eyes. Seeing that the drug had it's hold on him she made him look into her eyes as she spoke,

"Noric....look at me, You will obey my every command, and have no will of your own...only my words are real to you now...only my words do you understand? You have no will of your own you will do as I say and answer any of my questions."

She let go of his head and stood up. She gave him his first order,

"Noric....why did you really come on this quest?"
 
Last edited:
Thorn watched Ella interogatte Noric, Now she knew what was going on. She felt sympathy for Ella, but knew that she would not accept any comfort. She walked over to Tre, "Hey are you okay?", Tre had been a little silent since they got him back. She stood there but kept looking over her shoulder to see if Ella was okay, who seemed to be handling Noric just fine.
 
Treborin, had been thinking about what the Elves had said. Somehow, being part blood elf, was a bad thing. There was a legend and apparently, he could destroy everyone. Part of him thought this was funny, and there was no chance, whatever this legend was, it could be connected to him. Still the Elf who had captured him had ben very sure he was dangerous. Was it possible?

He looked over at the drugged elf, he was still resisting, but fading fast.
"Hay are you ok?" Thorn asked him, bringing his mind back to now.

"I don't know," the words slipped out before he knew what he was saying. "I mean yeah I'm fine, just want to know about the legend of the halfbreed who destroyed the world."

He threw Thoen a small smile and she smiled back. Suddenly Noric screamed, but it trailed into silence. Ella had an evil smile etched on her face as she stared at him. The other two prisoners looked on with hate in their eyes.

Noric slowly started to speak. "I was ordered to bring you back because I know you. If you don't marry the Darkelf prince, your father won't be able, to take control of them. all the pieces are in place. The king will be assassinated, the prince will ascend to the throne, and then he too will die leaving you to govern. We have a treaty with the Orcs and their chieftain has already agreed to help. The plan is to take the dark elf and Orc army and take out the blood elf royal family and assimilate their forces into or own. Then the humans will also fall. The Imperial Elves will rule the land. You would be queen of the realm. When your father passed on, and I would be your king."
 
Back
Top