2017 NaNoWriMo support thread

If you don't have writing software, try Dabble. It's free during NaNoWriMo and has an integration feature where it auto updates your word count every day.

dabblewriter.com

Taking a nap before hitting the keyboard again.

I'm doing cycle writing and noticed my narrative focus is all over the place between my two main characters.
Sigh
Lots of editing come December....

Word count: 3,910

Last edited:
For this NaNoWriMo I'm going with a full length piece that I hope will be picked up by a particular publisher. I'm exploring a couple different kinks for me topically.

Ending day one a little shy of my own goal but still happy with the progress. Looking ahead I would love to go to bed Sunday night with 25,000 words under my belt.

Word Count: 4,220

For this NaNoWriMo I'm going with a full length piece that I hope will be picked up by a particular publisher. I'm exploring a couple different kinks for me topically.

Ending day one a little shy of my own goal but still happy with the progress. Looking ahead I would love to go to bed Sunday night with 25,000 words under my belt.

My goal for this NaNo is to write. Whatever my word count is at the end will be more than I've managed in the past 6-8 months. And since I can't sleep, I'm going to see if I can add to what I have so far. :)

My goal for this NaNo is to write. Whatever my word count is at the end will be more than I've managed in the past 6-8 months. And since I can't sleep, I'm going to see if I can add to what I have so far. :)

Happy writing and eventually happy sleep as well!

Awesome!

I'm finishing up a book I started a couple years ago then I'll work on finishing one I started last year. I too am working on sending things out to publishers.

Awesome!

I'm finishing up a book I started a couple years ago then I'll work on finishing one I started last year. I too am working on sending things out to publishers.

Me too. My target for November is one 8k word short story to the publisher and one 50k-60k word novella which is now outlined. Got to pin the short story plot down tho. My muse is down in Florida on vacation or something on that one. I shall do a Balzac on that one and drink coffee. And start writing on the basis that if the fingers start moving the story will come to them. "Blood Sacrifice" here I come.....

Me too. My target for November is one 8k word short story to the publisher and one 50k-60k word novella which is now outlined. Got to pin the short story plot down tho. My muse is down in Florida on vacation or something on that one. I shall do a Balzac on that one and drink coffee. And start writing on the basis that if the fingers start moving the story will come to them. "Blood Sacrifice" here I come.....

clearly, we'll need a post NaNo thread next month!

Happy writing and publishing Chloe

I'm diving into a latte right now for inspiration. I want to finish this book tomorrow so I can move on to the next one.

I'm using NaNo to write stories for Literotica.

Day 1 - 2162 on start of new story
Day 2 - 2070 new words on a different part-written story

subtotal - 4232 words.

Word count: 5,742.

I really need to take the month of November off from work.

Yeah, I'm sure the college will go with that......

As expected, today was a writing washout. I managed a couple of hundred words in between other activities.

Ended the day at 7663 words and finished a novel I've been allowing to languish for a couple years. :D

Back