The 2019 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event: Official Support Thread

ChloeTzang

Literotica Guru
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Posts
7,801
I'm posting this thread to officially kick off the "2019 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event”. Laurel will be creating the Event Page shortly - and submissions can be sent in between May 15th and May 22nd, with a Saturday May 25th Go Live Date. That's TWELVE WHOLE WEEKS AWAY. Plenty of time!

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the 2019 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event. If you have questions, post them here and someone will answer. It might be me, it might be someone else here but don't be shy. Ask.

Here on Literotica, in recognition of Geek Pride Day, one of our fellow writers, :rose:PuckIt:rose:, organized the inaugural Literotica Geek Pride Day Story Event on May 25th, 2018. This was such a popular event with writers and readers last year that we’re enthusiastically running it again for 2019!

... and as PuckIt isn't available, Chloe's volunteered to kick the Geek Day Event off on his behalf and at least try and answer any questions. (Although I may plead for help if the and answers to the questions are beyond me).

The 25th of May was first organized as Geek Pride Day in 2006 by the Spanish blogger Germán Martínez (known online as Señor Buebo). Since then, Geek Pride Day has slowly gained international recognition (in certain Geek circles) and we on Literotica want to do our bit to celebrate Geek Pride.

So let your freak flag fly! Write a story for Literotica’s 2019 Geek Pride Day Story Event.

So let the Force guide your fingers. Start writing! This isn’t a “by invitation only” event. This isn’t a competition. There’s no placing. There’s no prizes. This is for the sheer joy of writing alongside a bunch of other Literotica writers. This is for anyone on Literotica who would like to try it out. You don't have to have written anything before to write for this event. First time writers and veteran Literoticans alike are all invited and encouraged to participate.

The Rules are actually really simple
1. Have an awesome idea with some kind of geeky theme. Sci-Fi or Fantasy is the most likely category, but if you want to get geeky in any other category, you go for it!
3. Any geeky subject, any category, any length you like. But please, only stand-alone stories (if you want to clarify that, just ask right here in this Official Support Thread).
4. Author must copy and paste the phrase "2019 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event " in the "Notes" field of the submission. We recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos.
6. Please use “Geek Pride” as a story tag.
7. All entries to be submitted by 11:59pm, May 22nd - with a Go Live Date of Saturday May 25th. You can submit any time between May 15th and May 22nd. All stories will be posted on Saturday May 25th.

That’s it.

So what are you waiting for? Start writing?

Lastly, a special thank-you to :rose:PuckIt:rose: for originating this very fun story event.
 
Last edited:
If it doesn't have to be an actual Sci Fi story, then I'm going for it. I've got a geek idea, but not exactly a sci fi idea. It involves a Star Trek fetish.
 
If it doesn't have to be an actual Sci Fi story, then I'm going for it. I've got a geek idea, but not exactly a sci fi idea. It involves a Star Trek fetish.

I modified the theme for the event slightly. As long as it's geeky, it's good and you don't get much more geeky than Star Trek
 
I modified the theme for the event slightly. As long as it's geeky, it's good and you don't get much more geeky than Star Trek

Opening it up might also keep us from completely overloading S/F the way it was last year. Still, S/F is my target. I could change my mind.
 
Opening it up might also keep us from completely overloading S/F the way it was last year. Still, S/F is my target. I could change my mind.

That's more or less what I was thinking, and also, there are some really original ideas out there that don't necessarily fit SF so I just didn't want to be unnecessarily restrictive. Now of course, I have to write something myself too. :eek:
 
I see no mention of "no sequels/serials". Intentional? I'm not complaining. After all "The Rembrandt Strikes Back" is being worked on. :)

Also, Hi Etaski!
 
I see no mention of "no sequels/serials". Intentional? I'm not complaining. After all "The Rembrandt Strikes Back" is being worked on. :)

"Stand-alone." As long as it's a complete in itself stand-alone story, I don't see any reason to rule out sequels and prequels. Same with serials - as long as the story can stand on it's own. It's an "Event", not a competition so I think we can do a little bit more flexible.

Just think "Stand-alone" and we're singing and dancing.... :D

:D *purr*

Had a great time. Would come again.

Oh, that's great :heart: - I was going to PM you and ask but you saved me the effort.
 
Yay! And I foolishly assumed I would have a year or so to write "Rem II". Hooray and boo for deadlines.
 
Yay! And I foolishly assumed I would have a year or so to write "Rem II". Hooray and boo for deadlines.

You are now officially in play. Raise hand if ass needs kick to ensure deadline met :D

I shall now have to reprise my Geek Story from last year and finish it. "Timeo Artifices et Membra Virilia Denudens" subtitled "Beware of Geeks Baring Dicks"
 
Last edited:
I'll happily get back to you on that. It's not like I haven't written about 24k words already, plus a good chunk of last year's story I put aside so I could meet THAT deadline. When I'm done, "Rem II" will probably in excess of 75k words. :) This year, I'll nab the "Robert Jordan Memorial Pin for Longest Entry" :)
 
....When I'm done, "Rem II" will probably in excess of 75k words. :) This year, I'll nab the "Robert Jordan Memorial Pin for Longest Entry" :)

Hah! You're up against serious competition there, mate. 75k? Barely words enough for a kiss :D
 
Laurel will be putting up the official event page next week but if you know other writers who don’t usually hang out here and who’d be interested, could you let them know. I’m going to PM all last years Geek Pride authors who aren’t already here...
 
There are geeks, and then there are GEEKS, and not just the sideshow sort that bite heads off live chickens. Computer and network geeks, sure, but also radio and camera geeks, automobile and aircraft geeks, costume and antique geeks, musical instrument geeks -- many obsessions, many only slightly social. And don't forget pencil-necked geeks. As Wikipedia sez:
The word geek is a slang term originally used to describe eccentric or non-mainstream people; in current use, the word typically connotes an expert or enthusiast or a person obsessed with a hobby or intellectual pursuit, with a general pejorative meaning of a "peculiar person, especially one who is perceived to be overly intellectual, unfashionable, boring, or socially awkward".​
I suppose geekiness could be considered a form of fetishism. Aha, category problem solved!
 
Even though I was a computer guy, for 30+ years, I have really never been an geeky kind of guy. So, I really have nothing to write about in a geeky kind of way. I do have many a sci-fi work, but I would never call them geeky. At least not until they make a blockbuster movie about them.
 
Hah! You're up against serious competition there, mate. 75k? Barely words enough for a kiss :D

75K... I created a universe that had humans in an intergalactic war, which they won, and then they went on a exploration of their part of the universe(galaxy) for new worlds to settle and any other races that would like to test their metal. Then for the second 75k, they continued the exploration, found some interesting planets and a new species. All in 7 chapters... on lit.:D
 
I'm not sure tech knowledge is required so much as careful attention to world-building. The category includes fantasy as well as sci fi. And in the case of this particular event it's not necessary that it be a Sci Fi story. As long as it's geeky. Mine isn't going to be Sci Fi, but it will concern fans of Star Trek, and Stark Trek will be an ongoing theme in the story.

Mine's going to be set in a Cosplay Fancon
 
Hardware geeks attend surplus equipment auctions at military bases and national labs. Go to Lawrence Livermore for used lasers, supercomputers, tokamaks, etc. (The South gate, Saturday mornings.) Go to certain air bases for surplus missiles, rocket engines, avionics, etc. Now assemble a pansexual team of geeks to dangerously assemble stuff. But no doggy-fucking anyone holding soldering or welding tools. Wouldn't be prudent.

Or how about a convention of pencil-necked geeks? Do likes attract likes?
 
I've just finished a new one: "Twin Suns of Atlantis - Dorgon". 19k, lots of arena combat, blood, guts, naked men and even a steamy f/f/m threesome.

But that's not for this contest :D
 
Back
Top