"Doctor Who: Powers of Ten" (OOC)

Injustice is good.

that's the only title I am actively following every issue.

also, try Oni press The Sixth gun

damn good read!
 
...out of nowhere, I suddenly want to play The Hulk.

I don't think I've ever written The Hulk before.
 
I grabbed the first issue of both Hawkeye & Saga both for free on Comixology, but they aren't high on my buy list. I'll wait until a good sale hits.
 
And he's flexible, too. He does something different in The Immortal Iron Fist (and The Last Iron Fist Story)

Also, I loved Fraction's run on Iron Man. I like when writer's can be funny (like in Hawkeye) and then can be serious, but still have characters with a sense of humor (Iron Man)

When I played Iron Man in the "Ultimate Heroes" RP run by AmenRa, I drowned myself in Fraction's work so I'd get his tone right. Not sure I pulled it off, but it was a fun read!

I need to read more stuff with Aja.
 
I lovelovelove writing tech of all kinds, so reading Fraction's Iron Man was a real joy.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Last Iron Fist Story, and keep meaning to pick up the continuing title. And you would love the art in Saga, Fiona Staples is a fantastic find!

saga.png

OH MY GOD that art looks lovely AND it's BRIAN K VAUGHAN

...I hold y'all personally responsible for not telling me of this before.
 
Actually, coming to not like this word took me a while, but while I still get flack for correcting people when they use it, I'm now comfortable that using it is wrong. I'm currently trying to work the words 'crazy' and such out of my vocabulary. While I suffer from my own mental illnesses, and don't find the words problematic for me, I've met enough people who are actually hurt by them that I'm no longer OK with them.

Ableism is something that's only been recently brought to my attention.

I mean, I knew about the "r" word, how hurtful that is to people in the MR/DD community. But I'm still trying to weed things like "dumb" and "lame" out of my everyday vocabulary, to the point where I catch myself in the middle of saying "don't go crazy" and replace it with "don't go overboard."

Maybe I'm oversensitive to it because it's a behavior I'm working on in myself, and I'm sorry Brax if I overreacted.

But it is something I'm trying to work on.
 
It's ok.
Overall you are right. Unless I use words like that in a clinical sense it is being used derogatorily & I should choose other more mindful & kind words.
 
I'm going to assume that the silence in this thread is due to Chas having picked up Saga.
Otherwise...

Hey, don't look at me, I was last to post, it's all *y'all* that have gone quiet on me.

...though I have been catching up on numerous webcomics lately, JL8 among them.
 
While Vail's gotten me talking, however--

--yes, blame her--

--it was recently pointed out to me the parallels between shutting The Tylers off in Pete's World (ostensibly away from Rose) and The Doctor's shutting his own mom and dad behind The Time Lock in The Time War.

He specifically mentions this when Rose comes after him in "Doomsday," when she initially refuses to go with Jackie and Mickey and the rest-- that she'll never be able to see her own mother again. The agony on his face, the broken-ness in his voice...

...were they foreshadowing?

...or did they come up with the nature of The Time Lock later and then intentionally echo the separation from Rose?

Chicken, egg, wibbly-wobbly, ding when there's stuff.

Hm.
 
Back
Top