The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! That's the hard part of teaching. It didn't get really comfortable until I had the curriculum down by memory and that way only had to come up with original things when 'current knowledge' changed due to new discoveries, reinterpretations, etc. That way I only had to come up with a new lesson plan once or twice a year. But the first few times through were a lot of work!

Wow, what beautiful pussies, John! ;)

Well, the day goeth along, guys. I think someone should set up the It's Almost The Weekend beers. I have to wait to hit the bottle in a serious way, as I have to teach tomorrow (and still got to write something to teach from, LOL).

:rose:

Aww, come on. I loved it when my teachers taught class drunk. :D. Well, ok...I just wished they did. Would make things interesting.

Gah! I wish that when people cannot clearly explain what is wrong with their computers, they could at least talk to me on a sultry voice to distract me from the fact they don't know anything.

Aww, come on. I loved it when my teachers taught class drunk. :D. Well, ok...I just wished they did. Would make things interesting.

Gah! I wish that when people cannot clearly explain what is wrong with their computers, they could at least talk to me on a sultry voice to distract me from the fact they don't know anything.

LOL, so that's what I do right. I phone up and say, "Oh sweet thing, my computer is making a noise, look, I'll imitate it for you, boobly boop boop boobly." And they say, "um just do that noise again while we try to identify it?"

Had a call (yet again) for someone who doesn't live here but for whom we keep getting calls. Took FOREVER to get that guy off the line, he was going: "And can I check this address, is this where you live?" and I'm going, "No, dahlink!" while thinking, and don't imagine for one second I will be giving you the actual address, now will you, LOL.

Bear, I have decided that it's quite good to just wing these lessons. If I say in a sultry voice, "So what did you find interesting about the chapter," the students quite often come up with something really good - and I claim that I am allowing them to develop autonomous knowledge.

https://encrypted-tbn3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA_UZ9AP9HVe90nHl_zbF34HlJ7_jjGDF74P0Mjmh2ia564b_V

Students exploring always delight the administration. I kept ours thinking I was a genius by giving out open-ended assignments and letting the kids work on them in the room. That way I just sat at my desk, kicked back, and watched the fun.

Had a call (yet again) for someone who doesn't live here but for whom we keep getting calls. Took FOREVER to get that guy off the line, he was going: "And can I check this address, is this where you live?" and I'm going, "No, dahlink!" while thinking, and don't imagine for one second I will be giving you the actual address, now will you, LOL.

Why didn't you just simply hang up ?
Or tell him (?) to simply 'Go AWAY'. (**** OFF)

Why didn't you just simply hang up ?
Or tell him (?) to simply 'Go AWAY'. (**** OFF)

LOL, I am too nice and polite.

OK, I was having fun listening to him wriggle on his seat and try to get up the courage to dare ask me for my address. He was chicken! :devil: ROFLOL!

Students exploring always delight the administration. I kept ours thinking I was a genius by giving out open-ended assignments and letting the kids work on them in the room. That way I just sat at my desk, kicked back, and watched the fun.

LOL, open-ended assignments really separate them out. I had some awful regurgitations of work from other modules and I had some brilliant original pieces. I had one Jack the Lad student who was totally inspired when he realised he was going to be allowed to write about football on my module. I recommended a book to him, and his face dropped when I said it was a difficult read combining Bourdieu and Bakhtin. Seeing this, I hurriedly added: "Last time I saw [author of book] was at my leaving do, when he downed 8 pints of Guinness and walked off in a reasonably straight line to tell his daughter off for mistreating her boyfriend." That kid bought the book and read every single page!
:D

LOL, so that's what I do right. I phone up and say, "Oh sweet thing, my computer is making a noise, look, I'll imitate it for you, boobly boop boop boobly." And they say, "um just do that noise again while we try to identify it?"

Bear, I have decided that it's quite good to just wing these lessons. If I say in a sultry voice, "So what did you find interesting about the chapter," the students quite often come up with something really good - and I claim that I am allowing them to develop autonomous knowledge.

https://encrypted-tbn3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA_UZ9AP9HVe90nHl_zbF34HlJ7_jjGDF74P0Mjmh2ia564b_V

Yes, you're doing it oh so very right. ;). Now, can you make that noise again and I'll explain the solution in very technical terms while speaking in a slow, deep voice. :devil:

Rolf, I'll have another beer please. Had one guy call in multiple times today just to complain. "Why does your ticketing system do this? Why isn't this part of your process? Why did it take so long to fix my issue? (Even though the tech is standing next to him fixing it). Had to hold back the urge to shout back "Because you're an asshole and we don't want you to call us any more!". Thank god its Friday.

LOL, open-ended assignments really separate them out. I had some awful regurgitations of work from other modules and I had some brilliant original pieces. I had one Jack the Lad student who was totally inspired when he realised he was going to be allowed to write about football on my module. I recommended a book to him, and his face dropped when I said it was a difficult read combining Bourdieu and Bakhtin. Seeing this, I hurriedly added: "Last time I saw [author of book] was at my leaving do, when he downed 8 pints of Guinness and walked off in a reasonably straight line to tell his daughter off for mistreating her boyfriend." That kid bought the book and read every single page!
:D

Inspired, just inspired. I was once reading a series of books by Peter Hathaway Capstick on African Safaris. If you've never read them I really recommend 'em. His sentence structure gets a bit peculiar at times but the mordant humor in them is priceless. Never has the prospect of being eaten alive been so funny. Anyway, I read a few passages to the class and within a week half the boys had rushed down the library and checked him out. Then for the next month they traded the volumes around. I think I raised a generation of would be bwanas. :devil:

Evening. Rolf, keep the drinks coming.

Kittens go back tomorrow to be adopted out. Two of them are brothers and are very well bonded. They play together and cuddle up together. It will be sad because they will be separated. :(

Kittens go back tomorrow to be adopted out. Two of them are brothers and are very well bonded. They play together and cuddle up together. It will be sad because they will be separated. :(

Evening, John. Yes, by all means, keep the drinks coming. I just spent three and a half hours working on a project for class, and I need to decompress. I'm thinking I'd like a Slow Comfortable Screw Against the Wall with a Mexican. :p

(yes, that's an actual drink)

Aw, sorry to hear that the kittens will be separated. When we went to look at our kittens, our initial plan was to pick one of them. But after seeing them together, we just couldn't pick one.

The important part, of course, is that they go to good homes. ;)

<hug> John. They are really pretty kitties and I am sure will be much loved. Their new families will have lots of fun with them, like us with Lakhi. She has found out she can stand on the landing and swipe my head when I go up the stairs. Piglet thinks this is hysterically funny! Piglet devotes hours to picking Lakhi up for hugs, saying she won't give her chicken, giving her some anyway and playing in the garden.
:heart:

(What was that about my computer? Say it again, slo-o-owly mmmmm! I shouldn't tell you this but the internet went down yesterday and I fixed it myself! I don't really know anything about it at all, of course, you must come by with just your jeans on. ;) I just breathed on the box a bit and said, "C'mon sweet thing, you want to do this now :devil:" and it leapt into action. OK, I poked it too ;).)

Oh hullo Willie!

A slow comfortable ... maybe that's all my internet box wanted.

Uh, better be coffee for me as I make packed lunches and finish off the reading for the tutorial I have to teach this afternoon LOL. Or I can get the students to tell me what they 'thought' of it ie, what the Hell it's about <snerk>.

Oh hullo Willie!

A slow comfortable ... maybe that's all my internet box wanted.

Uh, better be coffee for me as I make packed lunches and finish off the reading for the tutorial I have to teach this afternoon LOL. Or I can get the students to tell me what they 'thought' of it ie, what the Hell it's about <snerk>.

Sorry that you have to work today. I've had several jobs in the past in which weekends were not off limits for scheduling. Nice that that is no longer a problem. :p

Tell you what: have regular coffee now, then spike it later. ;)

Naoko, awesome that you fixed your internet all by yourself. :D I do want to tell people just to whisper something sensual to their computers and they'll perk right up. ;) Then again, that my not be appropriate to recommend to a co-worker. *doh*

The kittens are absolutely adorable...even if they've shut off my computer several times as I walked away. I do hope they find good families. They've spent the last two days chasing each other around the study and are super playful. I will admit it will be nice to not have my study smell like litterbox. :eek:

Naoko, awesome that you fixed your internet all by yourself. :D I do want to tell people just to whisper something sensual to their computers and they'll perk right up. ;) Then again, that my not be appropriate to recommend to a co-worker. *doh*

The kittens are absolutely adorable...even if they've shut off my computer several times as I walked away. I do hope they find good families. They've spent the last two days chasing each other around the study and are super playful. I will admit it will be nice to not have my study smell like litterbox. :eek:

Lol, oh how I would wish that my office didn't have that caustic smell as well. But that's not gonna go away any time soon. :p

Naoko, awesome that you fixed your internet all by yourself. :D

The kittens are absolutely adorable... I will admit it will be nice to not have my study smell like litterbox. :eek:

Lol, oh how I would wish that my office didn't have that caustic smell as well. But that's not gonna go away any time soon. :p

I know, quite an achievement for a MILF like moi! :nana: I can't really do it very well. Boys have to come round and do it for me. Fixing the internet I mean. ;)

Guys, be grateful. At least it's your study that smells, not your kitchen. :eek:. Although Piglet and I do have a lot of fart and poo jokes about the smell which is fun, LOL.

I'm half tempted to adopt them just to keep them together.
http://sdrv.ms/14zVFVg
Let's say it all together now..."Awwwwwww"

Except that Figaro and Tinkerbell would not be pleased. ...And that WA state law says no more than two cats allowed.

I'm half tempted to adopt them just to keep them together.
http://sdrv.ms/14zVFVg
Let's say it all together now..."Awwwwwww"

Except that Figaro and Tinkerbell would not be pleased. ...And that WA state law says no more than two cats allowed.

Oh, pfft! on Washington state law. What are they gonna do, raid your house? :p

"I'm sorry, sir, but you've breached your two-pussy limit."

:D:D:D

Lakhi has found a mini marshmallow on the floor and is making sure we are all safe from its evil plan to take over the kitchen ... and the universe!

:D:D:D

Lakhi has found a mini marshmallow on the floor and is making sure we are all safe from its evil plan to take over the kitchen ... and the universe!

My Bombay did the same thing with a cricket earlier that managed to sneak inside . . . it wasn't pretty.

Hey, what do you expect from a Bengal/Maine Coon mix? He's a hunter! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back