The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hover Moore, sounds like some kind of weird stalker character. :eek:

The house guests have both massaged me but they get distracted from my shoulder easily. Or is that, I get distracted from my shoulder easily. :eek:

Chloe, group sex begs the question of how do you mark your place when you pause. :D

HP, photographing the moon can be a problem with lots of clouds. Good luck.

Coffee, coffee, and more coffee.

Hover Moore, sounds like some kind of weird stalker character. :eek:

The house guests have both massaged me but they get distracted from my shoulder easily. Or is that, I get distracted from my shoulder easily. :eek:

Chloe, group sex begs the question of how do you mark your place when you pause. :D

HP, photographing the moon can be a problem with lots of clouds. Good luck.

Coffee, coffee, and more coffee.

Hover Mower: See here

I think a quiet word to the weather gods might be indicated. :)

The question of how waterproof the lawnmower is will have to wait a few more days. There is no standing water so the jet ski is out of the question. The problem is more of the ground being saturated to the point of squishy in places.

Why am I up at this ungodly hour? My left shoulder which has played nice since I finished therapy has suddenly decided it hates me again. It doesn't care if I'm sitting, standing, laying, or hanging from my heels. It doesn't care if I'm still or moving. From the bottom of my shoulder blade to the top of my shoulder and six inches down my arm. It's distracting as hell, not to mention it hurts the same way.

Ok, enough whining and bitching. Fresh coffee is available cause i don't think I will be able to sleep for a while.
Ah, I am apparently having empathy pains. :rolleyes: I wondered why the hell I woke up with my left shoulder aching. Or . . . . I could just be getting old.
Hover Mower: See here

I think a quiet word to the weather gods might be indicated. :)
I'll give it a try, but no promises.

Ah, I am apparently having empathy pains. :rolleyes: I wondered why the hell I woke up with my left shoulder aching. Or . . . . I could just be getting old.

I'll give it a try, but no promises.

I apologize if it is empathy pain, I ain't touching the age thing, and the third possibility is to change hands when masturbating more often. ;)

HP, I live near Houston, I have absolutely no pull with the weather gods.

I had a whole series of strange dreams last night, but of course i only remember anything about the last one. Any dream interpreters here?

I and a female friend hiked up the side of a dark red mesa like those near my brother-in-law's ranch. We stopped at the top beside a ledge of sandstone to enjoy the view. We were about to start on across the mesa top when a small white elephant ran up the trail that we were heading for. He was followed by a human adult, a couple small children and a second white elephant ridden by a ~12 year old blond boy with a big smile. The boy stopped his elephant beside us and I started to ask what they were doing.

That's when it was weird enough to wake me up.

No hovering lawnmowers though.

I had a whole series of strange dreams last night, but of course i only remember anything about the last one. Any dream interpreters here?
All dreams are about fear of sex and death, and processing events and thoughts that impinged on your day. I'd be careful with this one. White is the color of death in Japan so those white elephants are ominous. Sex with elephants is generally frowned upon unless they can talk and fly. I'd say your dream is telling you not to go to the zoo.

I
HP, I live near Houston, I have absolutely no pull with the weather gods.

Now that's what I call "unfortunate". Some assistance in that department would have been useful.
I don't really fancy trying it is the winter-cold weather.
;)

If you start dreaming of a hover-mower, I think it might be time for some serious religious observance with your personal deity of choice.

All dreams are about fear of sex and death, and processing events and thoughts that impinged on your day. I'd be careful with this one. White is the color of death in Japan so those white elephants are ominous. Sex with elephants is generally frowned upon unless they can talk and fly. I'd say your dream is telling you not to go to the zoo.

Sounds about right to me.

I and a female friend hiked up the side of a dark red mesa like those near my brother-in-law's ranch. We stopped at the top beside a ledge of sandstone to enjoy the view. We were about to start on across the mesa top when a small white elephant ran up the trail that we were heading for. He was followed by a human adult, a couple small children and a second white elephant ridden by a ~12 year old blond boy with a big smile. The boy stopped his elephant beside us and I started to ask what they were doing.

Red Mesas are places of power. White animals are sacred and usually guides. Since elephants aren't native that might throw a kink in the logic. Interesting dream I must say.

Good evening. :)

Nothing happening here. That can be good or bad, depending which direction your mind goes. :D

My wife is really good at interpreting dreams, but she always asks for the emotional landscape of the dream. Like did the elephants make you happy or fill you with curiosity? What was the predominant feeling throughout the dream? Once you start thinking about it that way, it gets a little easier to lay a narrative on top of it, although I still give mad props to anyone who attempts to do it. I love adding dreams to my stories to improve the mood or highlight a theme. Fun stuff.

My wife is really good at interpreting dreams, but she always asks for the emotional landscape of the dream. Like did the elephants make you happy or fill you with curiosity? What was the predominant feeling throughout the dream? Once you start thinking about it that way, it gets a little easier to lay a narrative on top of it, although I still give mad props to anyone who attempts to do it. I love adding dreams to my stories to improve the mood or highlight a theme. Fun stuff.

TxRad's comment that red mesas are places of power resonated.

The emotions were of closeness with my companion (who I don't recall) and awe at the setting. My reaction to the white elephants and to the family with them was to feel openly curious and confused.

TxRad's comment that red mesas are places of power resonated.

The emotions were of closeness with my companion (who I don't recall) and awe at the setting. My reaction to the white elephants and to the family with them was to feel openly curious and confused.

There is a school of thought that the dreamer is every aspect of the dream. Or to say it another way, that everything in the dream -- elephants, companion, red mesas -- is a piece of the dreamer. If you look at it that way, then maybe you're in a powerful place in life, allowing loved ones to surrounded you, amazed at the wonder of it all, but also humble enough to be a little confused. I"m a big believer in that if something resonates, then go with that interpretation.

All in all, it sounds like a pretty good dream. :)

Tx, are you still doing the exercises for your left shoulder ?

As I recall, , a white elephant must be looked after properly; and that ain't cheap (hence the expression).
So could an explanation be anything to do with care of or for something which is costly ?

Meanwhile, coffee.

White elephants, bah. Out in Monte Rio CA on the Russian River adjacent to Bohemian Grove (site of NWO conspiracies and rituals) is the old Pink Elephant tavern. Henry Kissinger, several Bushes, and Hillary Clinton have all vomited in its quaint restrooms. Black helicopters commonly flyover.

It's a land of strange dreams. Redwood groves, too. Let's see, the flowing water is feminine, the redwoods are phallic, the moss-drenched caves are vaginal, the towering coast range mountains are crucibles of power, and the approaching yeti (riding a pink elephant) is somebody's conscience.

That's hard to interpret. How about we pick a desired ending and channel the dream to get there? Sure, it's cheating, but this is 2017 CE. Anything goes.

Wow! Holy, I mean, Happy Moanday everyone.

And i was seriously worried about my fish climbing trees dream until now. :eek:

Yes, HP, I am still doing my therapy exercises. Not as regular as I should as i have a pair of exercise partners that distract me. :devil: Anyway, this has the feel of a cold settled in the back of my shoulder that is adding to everything already hurting.

Ok, there is fresh coffee and a fresh kettle. I'm having Honey's, uh, honey buns later.

Happy "rest-from-your-labors" Day! Time for Sunday breakfast leftovers and some journaling. I have the munchkin to myself today so who knows what trouble we'll get into? :D

Last edited:
All in all, it sounds like a pretty good dream. :)

Thanks for all the input on the dream. I think this one followed a common pattern for me. It started out normal enough--maybe a few oddities here and there--then anomalies (like white elephants or TxRad's tree-climbing fish) build up until the weirdness wakes me up.

They aren't nightmares, so they are pretty good dreams.

I got some end-of-summer gardening chores done this morning but it was hot enough that when I was done I felt like someone had doused me with a garden hose--a garden hose that had been sitting in the sun so the water in it was hot.

What kind of bait do you use for tree-climbing fish?

Thanks for all the input on the dream. I think this one followed a common pattern for me. It started out normal enough--maybe a few oddities here and there--then anomalies (like white elephants or TxRad's tree-climbing fish) build up until the weirdness wakes me up.

They aren't nightmares, so they are pretty good dreams.

I got some end-of-summer gardening chores done this morning but it was hot enough that when I was done I felt like someone had doused me with a garden hose--a garden hose that had been sitting in the sun so the water in it was hot.

The sort of insects to be found in the tree, of course.
We've had cool cloudy with a few spots of rain today.
I ain't keen.

So I'll have a late cup of tea please.

Rain would be welcome. There are wildfires all over British Columbia and the smoke is covering Washington and Oregon. Add to that triple digit heat and it's not a travel poster picture, let me tell you.

It's chilly tonight. I think I'll close the windows soon. Slacked off today and didn't write as much as I did other days. Ah well, at least I'm writing.

Fishing for the fish climbing trees never crossed my mind. I was too busy wondering what was in the water that made the fish climb the trees. :eek:

Ok, fresh coffee for the evening crowd.

Lynn, happy writing, as little or as much as you can stand. :rose: :kiss:

Fishing for the fish climbing trees never crossed my mind. I was too busy wondering what was in the water that made the fish climb the trees. :eek:

Ok, fresh coffee for the evening crowd.

Lynn, happy writing, as little or as much as you can stand. :rose: :kiss:

Thanks. I like the story so it's going well. :rose::kiss:

Rain would be welcome. There are wildfires all over British Columbia and the smoke is covering Washington and Oregon. Add to that triple digit heat and it's not a travel poster picture, let me tell you.

We've been getting haze from those fires for days now. Our air should be humid, coming from the south and giving us rain. You can keep the smoke. We have enough of our own.

Fat juicy bugs. Don't even need to train them.

Meanwhile, post-tropical-storm Lidia has moved up the California coasts, drenching Baja, relieving the L.A. fires, and cooling the record heat around CentralCal. Alas, the moist air holds in wildfire smoke quite efficiently. Doesn't seem to much bother the mantids around our home. They watch me walk by.

I think there's one Sierra Nevada coffee ale left in the fridge. Close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back