The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Yes, but I think it will be erotic horror when I should be writing for Valentine's Day. :rolleyes:

Oh, well, I think I'm one ahead on troll baiting. I've decided that my cynicism permits that I try to write trying to write a sequel to my Christmas incest tale Stepdaughter's Christmas Gift for valentine's day. in the sequel, stepdaughter is on winter break from college & joins mom & stepdad for a ski vacation.

What I'm unsure of is whether Mom knows that her hubby fucked her daughter Christmas eve? if I can't figure that out, I'll sink... and if I don't I think the taboo may attract lots of trolls.

On the other hand, I think a well done erotic horror can play well for V Day- think of Buffy and angel; Buffy & Spike; and the wretched Twilight series...

could be worse- we could write LW V Day tales... oh...no...now I have an idea...nooooooooo
 
What I'm unsure of is whether Mom knows that her hubby fucked her daughter Christmas eve? if I can't figure that out, I'll sink... and if I don't I think the taboo may attract lots of trolls.

What would work better in the story? Did you leave it ambiguous in the original story? I'd figure out which helps your new story better and then look at the old one to see if you've left that option open.
 
Haven't gotten any vibes for the past couple of weeks. My last thoughts were on cheating wives stories and kind of dissapated during the Christmas holidays. Not usually the best stories for Valentines day anyway. If I remember correctly, I placed in this contest last year with a non-erotic story. I guess I'll have to wait and see if the old brain wants to participate.
DG:eek:
 
I've got three started but between work and the head cold from hell, I ain't making much progress. :rolleyes:
 
I should go back to the story I started for last year, see if I can fix it up and enter that.

Instead, I've been crocheting dresses for dolls. I don't even really like dolls. I was just tired of crocheting stuffed animals from video games for the kids, and wanted to use up some yarn. The dresses are turning out well though.
 
What would work better in the story? Did you leave it ambiguous in the original story? I'd figure out which helps your new story better and then look at the old one to see if you've left that option open.

thanks. I've started, but don't yet have a sense which works, perhaps cause the daughter is still offstage (initial sex scene stepdad & Mom). suspect either way, half the readers will wish I'd done the opposite...
 
I finished my first story a few days ago. Working on one or two more.
 
I think I may have a partially written one that is just the thing. I shall dust it off and see if I can make myself think straight enough to get the story line ironed out. I was once quite interested in it. Perhaps I can use it to lure my muse back. Okay, that's two stories to work on this weekend. Thank you. :rose:
 
Speaking of muses :), my aunt had sent us some Christmas presents and told me I had another "toy" coming. With my aunt, this could mean a literal toy and in fact, I received a large stuffed tiger, which she said was meant to be my muse and inspiration, since some time ago I wrote my weretiger stories. :) We'll see how that works.
 
I may try to ressurect one I've fiddled with for a couple of years now. Considering my contest track record lately, I wouldn't count on it, though.

Next year starting at Summer Lovin' may be a bumper crop, though. Bunches of stories I just didn't have time to properly finish and edit slapped onto the back burner awaiting the proper season.
 
Haven't submitted anything in a while

I have a half-done story that I started for last year that I may try to wrap up in time, but I'm actively working on two other stories that are definitely not VD material, so I don't know.

I've got it halfway done and it's decent but not a winner I had this convoluted conflict in the middle that I can't decide if I want to stay with or go with something a little simpler.
 
I have a half-done story that I started for last year that I may try to wrap up in time, but I'm actively working on two other stories that are definitely not VD material, so I don't know.

I've got it halfway done and it's decent but not a winner I had this convoluted conflict in the middle that I can't decide if I want to stay with or go with something a little simpler.

Convoluted can be good if you can add a twist at the end without confusing everyone. ;)
 
image.php

my cynicism permits that I try to write trying to write a sequel to my Christmas incest…
image.php

I should go back to the story I started for last year, see if I can fix it up and enter that.
image.php

I think I may have a partially written one that is just the thing. I shall dust it off
image.php

I may try to resurrect one I've fiddled with for a couple of years now
QUOTE carlieplum:
I have a half-done story that I started for last year

I know I may be beating a dead horse but I just can’t help myself. On just this one page alone we have five authors who are promising to recycle/resurrect/go back/dust off/sequel etc. etc. stories for the Valentines Day Contest.

It’s a new year for crying out loud! Why not sit down and write something new and original? Why not try to stretch yourself a little bit?

Why not leave the dust on these old stories and think and work outside the box?
 
Scouries, are you really that dumb or do you have to really work at it.

When the stories are finished, they are new stories. Some people don't write just one story a year. I have well over 200 stories started. Some I work on as my muse finds a liking for it and some i don't. When I finish one of those, it is for all purposes a newly completed story.

Speaking of muses, all that talk about them gave me a plot bunny. Just what i need, another plot bunny. :rolleyes: But this one has a Valentines Day theme so....
 
Mine's breaking into a completely new category, which is one of the reasons I've never finished it over the last couple of years since I got the idea from the title that popped in my head.

Something has felt "off" with the rhythm, and I always concentrate ( probably overmuch ) on polishing new category ventures. I got it close to what I wanted last year, but by the time I'd worked it out in my head, the deadline was too close. I didn't think I could finish the draft, give it time to sit, get it to my editor, etc.

So, it goes into the "Next Year" folder ( as opposed to the "Half Baked" folder, where ideas that fizzled sit for pulling out useful elements for different stories )

I have stories from Earth Day, Nude Day, Summer Lovin', and Christmas all sitting in "Next Year" from this year :p My work hours have been kicking my ass and getting longer all year long. Lots more in the "Half Baked" folder.

Hoping to start a trend by completing "Violet Valentine" for Valentine's this year, and clear out some of those tales that just haven't reached "The End" yet.

violet_valentine_cover.jpg
 
Last edited:
I keep a "plot bunny" notebook with me and I jot shit down in it. some of them are full page detailed descriptions some are a couple of sentences.

Every once in awhile I flip through it and last night I found a Valentine idea for a brother/sister story.

I might try to flesh it out and toss it up there for the contest.
 
I should go back to the story I started for last year, see if I can fix it up and enter that.

Instead, I've been crocheting dresses for dolls. I don't even really like dolls. I was just tired of crocheting stuffed animals from video games for the kids, and wanted to use up some yarn. The dresses are turning out well though.

^^ Ditto. I started one last year that I dusted off in the last week. I'm going to try to finish it in time for the deadline.

I plan to bribe my muse with liquor and chocolate. :cattail:
 
^^ Ditto. I started one last year that I dusted off in the last week. I'm going to try to finish it in time for the deadline.

I plan to bribe my muse with liquor and chocolate. :cattail:

Ditto? You've been crocheting doll dresses, too? ;)

As I posted earlier, my aunt sent me a big stuffed tiger to act as my muse. Unfortunately right now it's covered in PennGirl's Christmas presents. I wonder if I can bribe it with chocolate. I have mint-chocolate M&Ms.
 
Ditto? You've been crocheting doll dresses, too? ;)

As I posted earlier, my aunt sent me a big stuffed tiger to act as my muse. Unfortunately right now it's covered in PennGirl's Christmas presents. I wonder if I can bribe it with chocolate. I have mint-chocolate M&Ms.

Get that poor tiger out of that pile and sit him or her somewhere so she/he can stare at you. A staring tiger should get you to working. ;)
 
^^ Ditto. I started one last year that I dusted off in the last week. I'm going to try to finish it in time for the deadline.

I plan to bribe my muse with liquor and chocolate. :cattail:

It's about time. :D
 
image.php

I have stories from Earth Day, Nude Day, Summer Lovin', and Christmas all sitting in "Next Year" from this year

I must admit that the “Earth Day” one worries me… perhaps we could at least have the Woodsy people migrate from the forests to the seashore? Palm trees instead of alien growths? Florida? I've got a spare house I could lett them use during the contest...

However I do like your new Valentines Day cover and the promise of a new category. So, in the spirit of Xmas, and hopes for a new darkboy in 2013, I’m going to recommend to Jacqui O that the story be accepted into the A.I.R. section of the contest.

May the gods allow you and yours a happy and healthy 2013…

violet_valentine_cover.jpg


and how about resurrecting the old avatar for 2013?
 
Who wants to be "allowed" into a fake contest. Since scouries is Jacqui O, does that mean he's talking to himself even more than normal?

For any newbies around, scouries is just another writer on a free porn site and has no say over anything. His association of readers is a fake, his contests are fake, his lists are fake and his awards are fake. Anyone see a pattern there?
 
Should have left the windbag on ignore, TX.

The only way this place is tolerable any more is if you blank out the paranoids and assholes. Put back on your gas mask before the stench of the garbage they're piling in every corner knocks you out.
 
Back
Top