The Fortune Cookie

sirhugs

Riding to the Rescue
Joined
Jan 25, 2002
Posts
40,359
Another idea that I can't get past a raw stage.

I think a message in a fortune cookie could be an inciting incident for an intriguing sexual mismatch, but I can't think how it works ...
 
Maybe there's an event where the host orders special ordered fortune cookies with either certain messages that need to be placed together or they get paired with numbers
 
Maybe there's an event where the host orders special ordered fortune cookies with either certain messages that need to be placed together or they get paired with numbers

Sort of like those "key parties" from the seventies where everyone puts their keys in a bowl and then grabs them at random, to spawn interesting hookups....

So, in that vein, the fortune cookies would come in pairs, meaning that every "message" (a witting saying, a word, or even just a number) is in two different cookies. And you have to go around the party finding the person with the one that matches yours. You don't necessarily have to have sex with them, but if it's a Lit story, it just might happen.
 
Or, another idea. I've always heard that fortune cookie fortunes work better when you add "in bed" at the end of them. Example: "You will soon have a new experience" becomes "You will soon have a new experience in bed."

So, perhaps our story involves someone trying to "spice up" their love life with a little external inspiration. It could be a bored married couple who buy a bag of fortune cookies, and each night they open one up and use it to inspire their lovemaking. Or it could be a sex party where random participants are paired up, give a fortune cookie, and then they act out the fortune for all to witness. Or it could be a slutty girl who goes out for egg rolls every night, reads her fortune, and then picks up a random dude to act it out with.
 
Maybe the patron visits the restaurant frequently, and every time, the waiter hands them a special fortune cookie. Inside, the patron finds remarkable writings on their fortune, and slowly, they fall in love with the writer.
 
The Cum Soon Szechwan restaurant are known for their function rooms and custom fortune cookies featuring themed parlour games. One weekend the local swingers convention is in town at the same time as the Young Disciples and both are booked into function rooms on the same night.
In a normal world, it would be almost impossible to mix up the fortune cookies. But in a Lit world ...
 
Another idea that I can't get past a raw stage.

I think a message in a fortune cookie could be an inciting incident for an intriguing sexual mismatch, but I can't think how it works ...
This is a cool idea and I like all the take-offs above. How about a scenario where an explicit fortune is slipped into a cookie meant to be opened by one special person -- instead it is opened by someone else (the mismatch) who decides to follow through with it anyway.

Its a great premise for a SRP
 
Or, another idea. I've always heard that fortune cookie fortunes work better when you add "in bed" at the end of them. Example: "You will soon have a new experience" becomes "You will soon have a new experience in bed."

love this angle... someone reads to "in bed" add on & a light bulb goes off for a fellow diner....
 
Back
Top