ORP anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.
cats said:
So whats gong to happen this next week to keep me entertained?

Nothing, funds have been approved for testing trials to decide if you are actually capable of entertaining yourself. The theory here is whether or not you have been actually incapable of self entertainment or just simply lazy about it and have for years now led us to entertain you due to our belief that you are missing this skill.

Once the trials are over, the results will be posted, this is to be a double blind test so no further information will be made available to you other other participants in the study as to not skew the results.

dont know where that came from, may be just a random moment...

who am i kidding my brain leaks all the time...

but at least i got it out of my system in one post... back to lurking..

:D

OregonGal said:
Nothing, funds have been approved for testing trials to decide if you are actually capable of entertaining yourself. The theory here is whether or not you have been actually incapable of self entertainment or just simply lazy about it and have for years now led us to entertain you due to our belief that you are missing this skill.

Once the trials are over, the results will be posted, this is to be a double blind test so no further information will be made available to you other other participants in the study as to not skew the results.

that was classic you hon

So what have you been up to Hy?

Razor sadly little has happened sense you were here last.

I am thinking about starting an Anime like thread. basic idea is a bunch of animieish characters, ranging from giant robot pilots to evil ninja overlords to talking stuffed animals, all share a coffee shop they like. One day its gone and they have to choose between unraveling a conspiracy of its disappearance or braving foul new brews of other coffee shops. Its a light hearted mainly character based story with a loose plot to keep the character moving. (It'll be atleast two weeks before I can get any of it up.)

cats said:
So what have you been up to Hy?

Razor sadly little has happened sense you were here last.

I am thinking about starting an Anime like thread. basic idea is a bunch of animieish characters, ranging from giant robot pilots to evil ninja overlords to talking stuffed animals, all share a coffee shop they like. One day its gone and they have to choose between unraveling a conspiracy of its disappearance or braving foul new brews of other coffee shops. Its a light hearted mainly character based story with a loose plot to keep the character moving. (It'll be atleast two weeks before I can get any of it up.)
Pretty much going with the flow in the river of time.

And I can honestly say it sucks.

Apparently things have been a bit slow 'round here. Normally Arc would have skewered people who called her "toots," at least Shoto. I'm guessing they changed the forum format again, going to take a bit to adjust (assuming I can get back into the full swing of things.)

So you were on gaia, Tumble does that site.

Yeah arc isn't on lit a suprising amount of time now at days. Raven has had some interesting life changes that keep him mostly off. Pooh spends alot of his time in the SRP section as well. But mostly what we have right now is a good old fashion slump right now. Its about half way threw the semester, so I'll blame that.

cats said:
So you were on gaia, Tumble does that site.

Yeah arc isn't on lit a suprising amount of time now at days. Raven has had some interesting life changes that keep him mostly off. Pooh spends alot of his time in the SRP section as well. But mostly what we have right now is a good old fashion slump right now. Its about half way threw the semester, so I'll blame that.
For a little, I borrowed a buddy's mule account for a bit. I was going to try and do a few role plays there, but upon seeing the PG 13 rules and annoyingly long stream of short post of made by other posters there, I decided to leave after a week. Gaia's just not my thing.

Whoa, wait a sec, how'd you, or anybody for that matter (excluding the person I borrowed the account from) know I was on Gaia? I pretty much kept quiet about that.

I'm currently going back and reading some of my previous role playing post, and just wondering, what in hades? Was I THAT bad back in the day?

Talk about evolution of a poster...

Last edited:
Huh, when I look back on my posts I get the opposite idea. Not that I am bad now but simply, I was better then I would of expected.

I had much the same opinion of gaia back when I was on it about two years ago. In short the currency system is broken and because of it the role play is broken. (Although overcrowding also plays into the bad role play.)

As for how I knew you were on it... Shine a light into the bushes. The light that reflects back is fro my camera lens. (DC mentioned it a while back when he was on. If my memory serves me right.)

Also thanks for the feedback razor, when I start the thread up I'll let you know.

cats said:
Huh, when I look back on my posts I get the opposite idea. Not that I am bad now but simply, I was better then I would of expected.

I had much the same opinion of gaia back when I was on it about two years ago. In short the currency system is broken and because of it the role play is broken. (Although overcrowding also plays into the bad role play.)

As for how I knew you were on it... Shine a light into the bushes. The light that reflects back is fro my camera lens. (DC mentioned it a while back when he was on. If my memory serves me right.)
Role Playing in Gaia is terrible. I will admit I only posted a little in the role play department there, but just from reading other threads, and hearing stories from the my friends, it's not that hard to figure out the flaws.

I mean, I seen and done some bad one liner post in Role Plays, but Graver's Ghost man, some I seen are bad, even for the average age range there. And don't get me started on the some of the battle post I seen, one can't so much as move the other role players character's toe just to give a better explanation of the move they type out, without being flamed up(down) to hades. And I wonder as I read some of those threads 'how do they get to a thousand pages?!' of course, the answer slaps me in my face...

Jebus, I missed doing Anime-based role plays here...

cats said:

Sounds FAAAABU-lous... Who's the taking the dive?

Welcome back Hybby. How's Captain Planet?

:cool: Sorry... talk about a life.

Its been slow I guess but I think we usually all take "this" break together. Have you noticed this? When we're here, we are ALL here. Otherwise... only the demise of ourselves exist.

I was thinking of starting up a crazy, psychopathic, thriller type thread. Feel like doing a drunk, killing spree, don't care kind of thread. ...But when have we ever done with our threads...?

...No I'm not drunk.

:catroar:

Drunk killing spree. I don't think I've ever seen a thread for that. For that reason I must commend you, assumeing you actuilly post one.

So let be some what random for a momenet. I have a bit of an idea I want to try. I am going to ask a question I thought of last night, and I would like any one who is game to consider it and try to answer the question, but to not reply for a couple of days so they don't alter or effect any ones thoights on it. Then about two days from now we can all share what we came up with. So for the random conversation stater.

The love between a parent and child is suposedly unconditional, meaning what ever the child does the parent will still love them. Along those lines I spontaneously decided love between a husband and wife, or a similar type of love, is conditional but only has one condition. Now assume all of that is true to start with. What would you suggest that one condition is. Like I said I'll share my thoughts on it in about two days, and encaourge feed back at that time.

cats said:
So let be some what random for a momenet. I have a bit of an idea I want to try. I am going to ask a question I thought of last night, and I would like any one who is game to consider it and try to answer the question, but to not reply for a couple of days so they don't alter or effect any ones thoights on it. Then about two days from now we can all share what we came up with. So for the random conversation stater.

The love between a parent and child is suposedly unconditional, meaning what ever the child does the parent will still love them. Along those lines I spontaneously decided love between a husband and wife, or a similar type of love, is conditional but only has one condition. Now assume all of that is true to start with. What would you suggest that one condition is. Like I said I'll share my thoughts on it in about two days, and encaourge feed back at that time.
Glad we have two days to think about it.

I've been rewatching gundam wing recently so as a result I'm very much in a deep thinking mode. Compared to my normal I just want to argue mood.

*checks the post date, checks her watch and calendar, then taps her foot* 2 days.... hmmm will probably forget by then *writes down the answer that popped in her head ...just not here*

*wanders back out*

Eh some time saturday. Not to bad. Hopefully the two day window will allow more people to work on it.

Anybody else have any deep questions they'd like to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back