City in the Center of the Universe (1x1Closed)

Ana and Audrey walked through the hall, taking in the few details. Ana looked to each of the doors, surely there hadn't been a plaque for her and her mother yet, they only just agreed this morning. She looked at each of the wall hangings, then to the very plain decorations.

Audrey was less interested, already wanting to reorganize the space. She knew better than to go around changing things around, but the impulse was there. For years she had been so used to her daughter bringing home trinkets she had found in the streets, and cleaning them up. Using odds and ends to make something from nothing, even if it was just garbage anyway.

“Its a decent space. When should we expect to get a room? All of these rooms have inhabitants already.” Audrey pursed her lips. There were so many things she wanted to nitpick that she knew she needed to move on.

“What is your name?” Ana ignored her mother's tone, giving the seneschal an apologetic look. “If you don't mind me asking.”
 
A loud thump followed by a shrill giggle came from upstairs. The seneschal ignored this.

"My name is Simon."

He was ahead of the ladies again, how he got there so fast a man of his station only knew. He stood in the common room, a simplistic room made up of two book shelves, two armchairs, and a sofa. Candles and lanterns had been lit to allow the room light, though a simple chandelier hung from the ceiling. It was unlit, but the candles which adorned it were new.

The motif was a dark burgundy.

"Your quarters are upstairs. We will head there momentarily."

It seemed as if Simon was waiting on something.
 
Back
Top