The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

yikes- They still have not solved the romaine lettuce problem. People in Boston became ill, this time.

Dangerous strains of E. coli—as well as salmonella and other foodborne pathogens—are derived from animal (and occasionally human) feces. In similar outbreaks in the past, contaminated produce was traced back to neighboring livestock operations. The FDA surmises that the contaminated water was either used to irrigate the lettuce or mixed with pesticides (a common method of dilution) before being sprayed on the plants.

Investigators also suspect that packaged romaine (rather than loose heads) may have been the chief source of the food poisoning: E. coli-contaminated greens may have transferred the bacteria to other romaine in processing facilities, where large batches of leafy greens are co-mingled during washing and bagging.


https://www.consumerreports.org/foo...re-doing-to-keep-romaine-lettuce-safe-to-eat/

Remember that cute video of the brown bear cub that could not follow their motyer up a slope ?

The drone that filmed them, caused the cub to fall down the slope.


https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...-bear-video-russia-wildlife-harrassment-news/

Be kind to animals, please.
 
yikes- They still have not solved the romaine lettuce problem. People in Boston became ill, this time.

Dangerous strains of E. coli—as well as salmonella and other foodborne pathogens—are derived from animal (and occasionally human) feces. In similar outbreaks in the past, contaminated produce was traced back to neighboring livestock operations. The FDA surmises that the contaminated water was either used to irrigate the lettuce or mixed with pesticides (a common method of dilution) before being sprayed on the plants.

Investigators also suspect that packaged romaine (rather than loose heads) may have been the chief source of the food poisoning: E. coli-contaminated greens may have transferred the bacteria to other romaine in processing facilities, where large batches of leafy greens are co-mingled during washing and bagging.


https://www.consumerreports.org/foo...re-doing-to-keep-romaine-lettuce-safe-to-eat/

Remember that cute video of the brown bear cub that could not follow their motyer up a slope ?

The drone that filmed them, caused the cub to fall down the slope.


https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...-bear-video-russia-wildlife-harrassment-news/

Be kind to animals, please.

No romaine holiday tomorrow. Lettuce pray the vegans survive!

(Yes..dad jokes AND suns-out-puns-out)
 
The news outlets dutifully reported on holiday travel, while many were moving about the country.

Here is a comment, from a writer from Splinter, Jack Crosbie


If you’ve done something wrong or bad or otherwise shady, the week of Thanksgiving is a great time to announce it.

Every year in America, people try to do this—make sure negative or bad stories about a company or person or just the world in general break on Thanksgiving or the day after Thanksgiving. The logic, I guess, is that there’s just enough journalists working to report the stories, but not so many that they’ll quickly snowball, and regardless everyone is hoping that the general public is too busy stuffing their faces or traveling to pay much attention.

https://splinternews.com/heres-a-roundup-of-news-people-tried-to-bury-over-thank-1830623667

Article title-Here's A Roundup Of News People Tried to Bury Over Thanksgiving

(gsgs comment-Yes, I agree that some very large bombshells were dropped,while people were busy.)
 
A headline from The Onion this week: DONALD TRUMP SAYS HE'S MOST THANKFUL FOR HIMSELF ON THANKSGIVING.

Oh, wait . . . sorry—that was from Newsweek. Motherfucker!
 
IMG-8456.jpg


IMG-8433.jpg


IMG-8425.jpg


IMG-8457.jpg
 
The stable genius who has the best brain and high IQ now admits that he thinks with his gut.
 
George Bush
@GeorgeHWBush
·
Oct 5
.
@SenatorCollins

— political courage and class. I salute my wonderful friend and her principled leadership


4:03 PM · Oct 5, 2018


Pushing for Brett Kavanaugh's seat on the Supreme Court bench

Another Ronald Reagan skunk


'Such a Slap in the Face.' Sexual Assault Survivors Who Met With Susan Collins Feel Betrayed She'll Vote for Kavanaugh

http://time.com/5416997/susan-collins-kavanaugh-vote-survivors/
 
"A free and unfettered news media has long been anathema to authoritarian rulers, but even George Orwell might not have anticipated that some of the most unscrupulous assaults on press freedoms would one day be perpetrated by democratically elected governments."

By The Editorial Board

The editorial board represents the opinions of the board, its editor and the publisher. It is separate from the newsroom and the Op-Ed section.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/09/...lights&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront
 
Despite Trump's fuckery, Santa will be tracked


The tradition of tracking Santa began in 1955 when a local media advertisement misprinted a phone number for children to call old St. Nick direct. Instead of reaching the man in the red suit, kids were put through to the crew commander on duty at the Continental Air Defense Command Operations Center, now known as NORAD. The rest is history.

December 24 through Christmas Day



NORAD & USNORTHCOM
NORAD & USNORTHCOM
@Norad_Northcom

In the event of a government shutdown, NORAD will continue with its 63-year tradition of NORAD Tracks Santa on Dec. 24. Military personnel who conduct NORAD Tracks Santa are supported by approximately 1,500 volunteers who make the program possible each and every year

1:34 PM · Dec 21, 2018
 
odd

News item floating around, but the UK and Europe news outlets are not biting at the bait.

FOX TV is not the most trustworthy or reliable source.

Did Jim Mattis sign, or not ?
 
DECEMBER 25, 2018


Pentagon spokesman, Navy Commander Sean Robertson, said the execute order for withdrawal has been signed but provided no further details

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/wo...lace-forces/ap5fm96sX1bKQzJNDaf46J/story.html

Did Donald Trump blackmail Jim Mattis into signing the withdrawal papers ? No one would refrain from suspecting Donald Trump of using Jim Mattis's own human decency against Mattis.

No one is talking.

Yet.

Echo of a quote from one of Donald Trump's "team"-


Mike Cohen

I’m the guy who protects the president and the family. I’m the guy who would take a bullet for the president.”

“If somebody does something Mr. Trump doesn’t like, I do everything in my power to resolve it to Mr. Trump’s benefit. If you do something wrong, I’m going to come at you, grab you by the neck, and I’m not going to let you go until I’m finished.”

“I’m warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?”


gsgs comment- Yes, what Trump is doing to the people that gave up their lives, as our allies, is fucking disgusting.

Did Mattis decide that he did not give a fuck ?
 
I think Mattis knows that if he didn't sign it, the next in line would. He may want to preserve regard for the chain of command.
 
Mick Mulvaney Admits Trump Didn't Know His Main Point Person On Syria


12/24/18


https://crooksandliars.com/2018/12/mick-mulvaney-admits-trump-didnt-know-his

HOST: "You don't know Brett McGurk."

MULVANEY: "Never heard of him until yesterday. There is an Obama appointee who saw an opportunity."

HOST: "He was a Rehnquist clerk, he served throughout the Bush administration, he was a lifelong Republican, he is not an Obama appointee."

MULVANEY: "Did he take that position under the Obama administration?"

HOST: "He was held over from the Bush administration. This is not a Democrat, sir."

MULVANEY: "I'm certain he is well known in the folks who follow this topic. The fact that the president of the United States doesn't know him I don't think should cause anybody any concern."



John Dean

@JohnWDean

Trump’s not only gutless, he is classless and clueless. Mattis tried to do him a favor so Trump pukes on him. The quality of his Cabinet and his staff goes lower and lower. How could any self respecting and fully qualified person take a top position with this president


4:32 PM · Dec 23, 2018
 
Back
Top