What little kindness did you today?

I made my hungover friend a cup of tea without moaning about the fact he spilt a drink all over the carpet.
 
Helping a friend's mom back up data from her failed laptop.

It's nice to see posts here!
 
I did a repeat performance and paid for the groceries of the elderly lady in front of me.

:heart:

Speaking of repeat performances, I let a couple of people 'cut' in line ahead of me at the grocery store. They had only a few items, while I had a whole week's worth of groceries. For one of them, I think that's the first time something like that has ever happened to him. Because he asked me if I was sure roughly three times before he stepped ahead! :D
 
I got my secondary Facebook account a 24-hour time-out when I went nuclear on some inbred white trash who threatened a disabled friend of mine with bodily harm for completely stupid reasons.

Seriously, that's all I got right now. :(
 
I think I just fell in love with this thread and the OP. :) :heart:

I totally believe in this and that if one person performs one small act of kindness and the person that affected then went on to do the same, those acts of kindness would continue and cause a ripple effect of more and more kindness throughout society. If enough people did that then everyone around the world might just be kind to one another and I'm sure it's safe to say (as cheesy as it might sound), the world would be a better place for it. :)

Today I helped a long-time friend of mine overcome her blues about the pressures of being a new (adoptive) mother.

I've been doing this for 75 days now and only in the last few days has she really opened up about it all. I'm not going to stop any time soon. She, and her new child, are adorable and need all the support they can get. If all I can do is say a few kind words every day and those words help in some small way, then that's a good thing, right? :)
 
Very nice, Ricey! You sound like a great friend. Welcome to Lit (and the thread).
 
Thank you very much! First genuinely nice thing anyone's said to me outside of a PM! :)

I got a little message this morning from her saying my input is what's keeping her sane right now. So That was gratifying, but wasn't what I do it for. :)
 
I bought ice cream for some friends. After a long and difficult day, it was some well-deserved sweetness. :)
 
I bought ice cream for some friends. After a long and difficult day, it was some well-deserved sweetness. :)

Very nice! When I take the kids and their friends out to various events, I almost always take them for ice cream or milk shakes. The kids have discovered that a real milkshake at a soda fountain is truly a treat. My wallet is lighter when we're done and my wife asks "why milkshakes?", but the kids and I know that this is luxury! You get hot fudge brownie shake points.

I invited a kid who was stuck with nothing to do for the weekend out sailing with my daughter and me. My daughter pushed back a little bit because he's kinda socially awkward and kinda sweet on her. She was afraid that it could get awkward. She followed my lead, though, and I couldn't be more proud of her. She was polite and chatty and we all had a wonderful day at the lake.

Edited to upgrade you to a frozen concoction :)
 
Last edited:
I read this article while waiting in the Dr's office, and it reminded me of this thread. Enjoy!
 
Made my husband breakfast after his morning started off on the wrong foot :)

A nice hot breakfast shared with a lover is chicken soup for the soul.

I read this article while waiting in the Dr's office, and it reminded me of this thread. Enjoy!

That was a nice article to wake up to. Nice find!

As for me ... I helped a few students pass the Summer Class From Hell (TM). Details on request ;-)
 
I freed an elderly gent's zip on his anorak. Weird, but it made me feel like I had done a good turn which is always good. it was also in the Doctors.
 
I bit my tongue very, very hard and took a lot of shit for a whole bunch of bastards who pretend to be a friend's friends.
 
My kindness for today

Got a call from one of my customers that her mother in law (87) was being over run by those damn Chinese Stink Bugs, wanted to know if I could go check it out so I did. Closed all her windows tight and taped the door frame of an old French door then got out my shop vac and went around and sucked up about 150 of those little monsters....had to go empty the vac cause they made one hell of a stink! Long story short she thanked me up and down then asked me what I owed her.....I told her a cup of coffee and tell me about your grandchildren, we talked for about an hour and then I excused myself and went to go and do a real job. I like that old lady she is sweet :)
 
Put the kettle on for the guys working on my house.

As someone that works outside I know how nice a cup of tea can be for people.
 
i've been trying desperately to help a new colleague not get fired due to ineptitude. it's quite the uphill battle, sadly.

ed
 
Back
Top