How do bisexual people choose their long-term partner?

Primalex

Literotica Guru
I think the dating process is already complicated enough and I'm straight, so I can already eliminate about 50% of humans as I wouldn't be sexually attracted to them and sexual attraction is one of the aspects of a healthy relationship (in my opinion).

But how does it work if you are bisexual? Do you still have preferences regarding the sex and do these preferences have rational reasons? In example, would you rather pick the opposite sex for a long-term relationship because it's easier to have children that way?

For me it's the same either way. But, I tend to lean towards women more than I do men. But should the right guy come along and I'm available, we might just have to see how far it goes. To me, while being sexual compatible is a must in a long term relationship, the companionship is the main thing along with being with someone who also wants to be in that relationship and make it work. This goes for both men and women. Otherwise, it's just a booty call.

it works the way it does with anyone else. Just because one is bi (like me) doesn't mean it's hard to choose. If someone, be it male or female, comes into your life and you click and fall in love, then there it is. All being bi means is your dating/relationship possibilities has doubled.

For me, my gay desires are 100% sexual and 0% romantic or emotional, so I've never really considered a guy for a long-term partner. And, I'm always monogamous when I'm in a relationship with a woman--so for the most part, my gay sex fantasies have usually stayed in the realm of fantasy, and I'm okay with that.

it works the way it does with anyone else. Just because one is bi (like me) doesn't mean it's hard to choose. If someone, be it male or female, comes into your life and you click and fall in love, then there it is. All being bi means is your dating/relationship possibilities has doubled.

So you completely forfeit rational decisions in favor of emotional desires?

Interesting.

I don't think this is true for "anyone else" though. There are plenty of people who will not enter a LTR with f.e. someone who can't have children for medical reasons. Or with someone who is 30 years older. Or with the cousin. Or the religious enemy. Or ...

So you completely forfeit rational decisions in favor of emotional desires?

Interesting.

I don't think this is true for "anyone else" though. There are plenty of people who will not enter a LTR with f.e. someone who can't have children for medical reasons. Or with someone who is 30 years older. Or with the cousin. Or the religious enemy. Or ...

Apart from the fertility thing, all those criteria could apply for same sex partners just as much as opposite sex partners, and you could argue that they're part of the 'emotional decision' just as much as a rational consideration. If those are criteria you have, being straight or bi wouldn't really alter them ... the only real difference is fertility. But it's not like same sex couples don't have children, so that's only really an issue if you're hung up on the genetic link.

Apart from the fertility thing, all those criteria could apply for same sex partners just as much as opposite sex partners, and you could argue that they're part of the 'emotional decision' just as much as a rational consideration.

Uhm, yes, this was my argument I think. :confused:

Let me rephrase my statement:
"Love" is not the only criteria for an opposite sex long-term relationship, so why would it be the only criteria for a same sex relationship? Therefore the statement:"Ya know...when it's love, it's love" is...questionable.

Back