Can i do this or is it crossing the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

regularguy13

Experienced
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Posts
63
Hello, i respect the Literotica rule against underage sex. I'm not trying to skirt that. What can you say when giving background on a character?

I know it's not an issue to have a character say, "I lost my virginity when i was sixteen". I've used this line. I don't go into any details. I don't include any description of the act. it is just stated as a fact.

Can i have a ruling on these lines?

I'm writing a story and characters, who are over the age of 18, are discussing their most embarrassing moment.

Can one say, "When I was sixteen and swimming in the ocean, a wave crashed into me and knocked my bikini askew and my boob was exposed."

or "When I was 13, I borrowed my older sister's bikini instead of wearing my childish one-piece. I dove into the pool and the bottom slid off me!"

I'm not planning on giving details or description of their exposed bits. It'll just be a statement followed by, "I was so embarrassed when this happened!"


Thanks. If this is an issue, I'd like to know now rather than after I post the story. R
 
I'm about 70% sure the answer is a definite no

sexpanther.gif
 
You can have a character in your story that was a huge slut starting at 13, the only thing you can't do is describe it in detail. As in you can say she spent most of a single day fucking every single person on my street. So long as you are not giving the day spent fucking a street the whole porn treatment you can mention it.

Can't go farther, basically it's the same idea as Traci Lords has only done one porn video. She did somewhere around a hundred I think it was, but legally speaking, she has done one porn video.
 
I had a story with a girl who was watching kinky porn since 16. She was masturbating to it and paid an upper-xlassmen to go to sex shop and buy her a dildo.

The first scene in the book is literally her waking up in the morning of her 18th birthday with a vibrator in her pussy (she slept with it).

You can stretch it pretty far as long as you don't make juicy scenes with her actually being underage.

Embarrassing moments is OK if you don't bring them too far. For example if you talk at length how she had to flee into the showers, covering up in embarrassment while everyone pointed fingers - that would be stretching it, because such moments can be sexualized.
But if you just mention the fact as a one-liner in a dialogue, you should be safe
 
spam

I'm not sure why those lines would be so important you need them, but its your story.

The best way to do it is simply leave the age out because that's what the site targets is a number.

In other words once you have established your character is 18 or however old they are make the line "One time I borrowed my sister's...." or "A few years ago I was wearing this bikini and..."

I know the seriously deluded-or defensive-will take offense to this, but look around at the stories on this site and you'll see me to be correct.

The rule is a sham. They don't want you saying I was 16 and fill in the sexual deed here, they don't want you describing a sex scene with under age people...by the number.

But you can say "I'm 18" and proceed to have the girl be hairless, speak like a child and have 'budding breasts' and all but hit the reader over the head with a hammer marked "she's underage' and all is well. Its a wink wink policy designed to make the site look like it has standards. Much in tune with 'we don't allow rape' but having a non consent section along with stories with titles like "Raping Chay" :rolleyes: (that story is on the all time top list BTW if anyone wants to think I'm making it up
 
But you can say "I'm 18" and proceed to have the girl be hairless, speak like a child and have 'budding breasts' and all but hit the reader over the head with a hammer marked "she's underage' and all is well. Its a wink wink policy designed to make the site look like it has standards.
I'm pretty sure that's forbidden too, just like the 200-year-old vampires who look like pre-adolescent girls. Technically, mentally, they would be adult, yes. But you can't write about them.

I'm pretty sure you can't also invent a race who grows up over a year to be a fully developed adult, and then have a 2-year-old specimen of that race fuck something.:cattail:
 
How about people just write about adults. That solves all contention about this.

Otherwise, no sexual content under eighteen. It's a pretty simple rule. You can state a one-liner, as the OP says, just don't describe any details.

"Boobs" might be considered sexual, despite it being a common teenager's description. "Breasts" might get by.

Or you could age them up a bit and write them as naive eighteen year olds. Hardly worth all the effort, really.
 
Its Laurels site.

I avoid getting near her taboos, and I get rejected when she's tired and reads something not intended to be a problem. But I don't argue with her regardless of her take. I come back with something else that usually is approved.

That said, Laurels behind the curve of main stream publishing standards. A week ago I read an erotic novel with snuff and underage sex, by a main stream author and a mainstream publisher and bought from Amazon.
 
How about people just write about adults. That solves all contention about this.

Otherwise, no sexual content under eighteen. It's a pretty simple rule. You can state a one-liner, as the OP says, just don't describe any details.

"Boobs" might be considered sexual, despite it being a common teenager's description. "Breasts" might get by.

Or you could age them up a bit and write them as naive eighteen year olds. Hardly worth all the effort, really.

18 is adult and hustlers incredible success coining the term "barely legal" shows the market for it. Lits policy is 18 and over meaning 18 is acceptable here

So how about you not tell people what to write?
 
Dear Reader

The posters above ^^^^^ couldn't manage a one car parade.
 
Zeb Carter Impersonation: *veins popping, reddened face* Rottweiler.

"What don't people get?! No stories about underage, no mention of anything remotely under eighteen. NO NO NO. PERIOD!!! IF you don't get that your a dumb, moronic, dumb, stupid, ignorant. PERIOD."

OK sorry, but I do miss the dog.
 
18 is adult and hustlers incredible success coining the term "barely legal" shows the market for it. Lits policy is 18 and over meaning 18 is acceptable here

So how about you not tell people what to write?

I'm not. 18 is the legal age, 18+ therefore is "adult". Perhaps not where you live.

Make up your mind, mate; first you have a rant about the site "allowing" under 18 by pretense, and now you have a rant at me when I try to support the > 18 rule. Which is it, in your world?

The comment was aimed at people who keep wanting to write about (read about) teenagers. Let teenagers be teenagers, and adults (18+) write about adults (18+).
 
Clearly this is a subject fraught with peril like any discussion of what is/should be allowed or not. It is stated that the rules here don't allow below 18 sexual content and that's fine, better that then places where what is allowed changes like the weather.

Maybe I'm being pedantic but last time I checked 18 and 19 year olds are teenagers also. So when video/pictures say teens that is what they are referring to and that is where what is legal comes in. As far as this site goes they have it as a policy but it has nothing to do with being legal or not, the written word doesn't have such restrictions. Probably just trying to keep the wrong element out, or at least keep them in check.
 
regularguy13:
I've collected some of the best and wisest words on the subject. I just hope to
God that your item is not an April Fool stupidity.

You've chosen to to accept a PM, so here is the collection of wise words on the under-18 topic:-

_______________________________________
[stock reply, skip if you’ve seen it]


This is a privately owned site. All of Literotica is moderated by a single person, who goes by the name of Laurel. She makes her livelihood from it and is an owner. All that gives her the unquestionable and unlimited right to set rules, and reject or subsequently delete any story, forum post or comment she thinks isn't in the site's best interest. She and she alone gets to decide what that means.

One of the biggest surprises people get on coming here as a writer, is the "18" rule. As the rule is written, no character in a story can be under 18 if they are exposed to sexual situations of any sort.

You are not the first person to ask about this rule. You probably aren't the first person in the last 30 days, which is why some replies you get from other authors may seem grumpy. We see these questions a lot.

The 18 rule, like everything else here, is interpreted and applied by Laurel, and she takes a conservative stance with this one - if she thinks a story is going to encourage people to think about sex with people under 18, she'll generally reject it. That means that it's not enough to state your character is 18+. He or she has to act 18+ as well. In Laurel's opinion, not yours.

Note that this rule isn't in place because of any existing laws. (There are few if any countries where a written story describing sex between seventeen years olds is illegal.) The argument "but the law says it's legal!" is meaningless here. This is Laurel's site, it’s her personal property, and she's not required to accept stories just because the law doesn't forbid them. This is not a free speech issue because private properties (like Literotica) are not required to honor anyone’s free speech laws. (The internet in general is not a haven for free speech - someone owns those servers you are using, whatever site you go to, and that gives them the right to filter content they don't like. The rules are just more pronounced here than you may be used to.)

Note that the rule has nothing to do with paedophilia.
Paedophilia is an interest in pre-pubescent children, formally defined as age 12 and younger. The under 18 rule is in response to different concerns - but it should be trivially apparent that an actual paedophilia story is beyond unacceptable here. Don’t even attempt to post one.

Evidence suggests Laurel is firm, but reasonably even-handed, in implementing her interpretation of her "18" rule. If you're here because the story was rejected, you probably weren't singled out and you're definitely not alone. Rewrite your story until it passes muster. Or take it to a site without such rules. Those are your only options.

Because the interpretation of the rule is not negotiable, it’s important to write carefully in certain settings:


1. Characters in High school. Some authors here feel strongly that any mention of high school is an attempt to imply to the readership that your "18 year old" is really younger, in short that you're speaking in a kind of code and attempting to get people to think about underage characters. Be careful to be very clear about ages in these stories. Some high school seniors are 18 by graduation. Leave those sophomores alone.

2. Characters described as having physical characteristics that sound more like 14 than 18. Slight breasts on someone just turned 18, a beard just starting to come in, excessively juvenile behavior - all these are going to look to many people like you're attempting to sneak an underage character in, and are very likely to get a story rejected.

3. Historical setting for stories. Romeo and Juliet is probably not what you'd consider racy filth; but Juliet lost her virginity at fourteen. That story would certainly be rejected here. It has a fine moral message, it was startling but not shocking when it was written, and it's clearly a well crafted story, but none of that matters. All that matters is by Laurel’s rules, it’s an underage story.

4. Incest stories. In the real world, incest is almost always tied to underage sexuality and is abusive by definition. Despite the fact that the site has an Incest category, stories in that category should never depict incest as it most commonly occurs in the real world.

5. Fantasy stories. The story “The Time Machine” by H. G. Wells had Eloi, a race of innocents; a fanfic based on it with any sexual content would likely be rejected here. I had a story about a 6,000 year old succubus (i.e., not underage and not human) rejected because in human form, she didn’t sound convincingly 18 to Laurel. Don’t assume you’re on safe ground with human-like species or alien cultures.

6. First time stories. Statistically speaking, in the US at least, you probably lost your virginity at an age younger than 18. (That is, just over 50% of men and women in the US who are sexually active, lost their virginity at 17 or earlier, as of 2010). If you write your first time account here, you must write it so all characters involved are explicitly past their 18th birthday.


7. Recollections. A character can mention a sexual encounter before age 18, but not dwell on it or describe it. “I lost my virginity at 16. Bob was… persuasive. But I’ve learned to value myself a little more.” isn’t likely to be a problem. “I lost my virginity at 16, and, um… wow. Bob was just so kind and amazing.” is at best problematic. Anything more explicit will not pass muster. You may be able to work around this by leaving out ages.

When in doubt, check with Laurel first, via a Private Message (PM).

Please note that occasionally an underage story gets past Laurel, and gets posted. If you see one, report it using the [!] reporting mechanism at the bottom of most pages.
Finding such stories doesn't give you permission to write under 18. It gives you an obligation to report it, so people don't get confused about the rules.


Please do NOT respond to this post with complaints, Whys, What Ifs, etc.. This post has covered everything you need to understand. This topic is considered dead by all long-time members; it’s been examined from every possible angle; and Laurel has shown absolutely no inclination to soften her stance. Sincere questions can be sent directly to Laurel; the rest of us (whether or not we agree with the rule’s implementation) don’t want this topic argued here. You will be Ignored and perhaps Banned if you insist on talking about this.

======== ========= ==========

Nezhul:-

Kids don't do sex, they don't know about sex, they don't know what the other gender is for and have absolutely no desire to explore it. They are completely asexual. Let alone acts - even thoughs of sex is far beyond them.

Kids can only play with the ball somewhere in the background. They are hardly even allowed a cameo in a story - if there are children - then they either always stay in the background or are just mentioned. Any dialogue with a child, or any more or less important role for him/her - is not allowed in an erotic story.

They are not permitted in a cannon shot distance of any character who might have sex in the next week, or think about sex, or masturbate, or whatever.

Now, as soon as they turn 18, a divine insight is bestowed on the kids by the heaven, which converts them into a horny looking-for-sex barely-legal adults. Before that - no, they just simply dissolve as soon as there is anything sexual mentioned, because Kids and sex can not coexist in the universe.

That said, an adult may mention his/her childhood as a character building. You can even mention the age the virginity was lost. But in a very brief way and with no details whatsoever.

Why? Because. No use arguing with that. Just accept it or post your story someplace else.

=========
See also:- http://www.literotica.com/subguide.shtml
===== ======


Lori the Hoosier:-

Everyone read, and got, your post; what's unclear is why people persist in flogging this particular dead horse, so get this straight; on this site, underage sex, the possibility of including underage sexual activities, the possibility of referring, even obliquely, to on-going underage sexual activity, the potential for future inclusion of underage sexual activities, is not going to happen. Ever.

Mentioning that a girl has a previous teenage sexual history is acceptable, if a little weaselly, and, by your lights, probably a little double-standard in nature; after all, the site is littered with stories about 18 year-old guys with hot 34 year-old moms, implying the mom was underage (by the site's rules) when she had him, but there's absolutely no exploration of that previous history permitted; mention it, and move on. These are the rules, both explicit and tacit, Laurel wants it that way, this site is not a democracy, and there's no room for negotiation on this point; for good or bad, what Laurel says, goes, and if you don't or can't accept that, then go elsewhere.

One has to wonder just what agenda you're trying to promote here, or what kind of support you're hoping to garnish; if you want to read and indulge in underage sexual fantasies, find one of the myriad sites that cater to your obvious need to indulge this appetite. Over here, never, something you've been told time and again, and re-couching the same questions repeatedly is both annoying and, frankly, almost autistic in it's monotonous reiterations of the same points again and again. Either quit it, now, or find somewhere else to push your views. What happens elsewhere is outside the purview of this site, and is a meaningless debate in the context of this site, given the above, so let it go, or just go.

Whether you like it or not, Laurel's rules are the only rules here, you have no freedom of speech or expression here, this is a privately owned site, not a government or public organ, and if you contravene Laurels rules she will take action, period. Live with it, or leave, it's up to you.

Was that explicit and unequivocal enough for you?

== end of file ==
 
Denny

How about people just write about adults. That solves all contention about this.

Otherwise, no sexual content under eighteen. It's a pretty simple rule. You can state a one-liner, as the OP says, just don't describe any details.

"Boobs" might be considered sexual, despite it being a common teenager's description. "Breasts" might get by.

Or you could age them up a bit and write them as naive eighteen year olds. Hardly worth all the effort, really.
How many times a day does this 18 and over crap come up? Is it so difficult to lie and say my GF was 18 when I banged her?
Believe me, when I first started our stories I was honest and told the correct ages, trying to be careful not to say much more than pre 18. I didn't say we fucked at an age younger or anyone else involved was younger. Just the hint of being a high school girl deleted the story.
It's so easy to just begin at 18 and never look back.
18 is just a make believe age some places. So let's leave the kids out of it and believe everyone who has ever fucked or had a baby was over 18.
 
The original question has been sufficiently answered, and this thread has gone off the rails into politics and author shaming, so it will be closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top