Writers: What's Your Best Work on Lit?

Interesting question. Not sure how one defines best, but I would define it as what I am most proud of.

I have to say it's my Marly Jackson stories, the first of which is down and published. No, they're not as erotic as most stories, but I feel they are what I intended them to be: a tribute to hard boiled detective novels of the 20's and 30's, and also a good examination on gender roles, addiction, and the nature of love.

None of my stories are nearly as dark as the thoughts behind them, but MJ comes closest and feels the most personal.

The 2nd MJ story is The Violin Case and there are 7 in the series, I feel the same about them all.

Hmmm, that is a good question. I myself have 24 stories posted, all but two posted in the Interracial Love section.

I'd have to say that my personal favorites (my other characters wont like this LOL) are The One That Got Away and I'm Not Going.

Sure I like all my characters, but I will admit I do have favorites.

Recent threads here have prompted me to wonder what Literotica's writers themselves feel is the best piece they have posted to this site to date. This may or may not degenerate into a pissing contest of sorts, but I'd really like to know what authors here think of their own writing, and what, among all the menagerie we have posted, best exemplifies their skill as storytellers.

Obviously, I'll start. Emet. Selena Kitt originally asked me to write a story that twisted a fairy tale or myth, following my contribution to her Modern Fairy Tales chain story. This story, with very few corrections, was included in an anthology published by eXcessica. To date, I consider it to be the best example of my particular erotic style.

So what's yours?

Sure I like all my characters, but I will admit I do have favorites.

Characters have a way of getting to us, even if they are our creations. I have who has appeared in two different stories and is going to get his own leading role soon. ;)

I have 21 tales posted so far. I'm not in luv with any of them, to be honest, but theyre almost always approved the first time, and I like that about them.

You know what that is the problem with Literotica.... A lot of authors (not saying ALL but A LOT) don't seem to care very much what they put out. So we have a lot of stories with bad punctuation, grammar and spelling, or sometimes just bad plot or bad dialogue.... I could go on but you get my point?

You know what that is the problem with Literotica.... A lot of authors (not saying ALL but A LOT) don't seem to care very much what they put out. So we have a lot of stories with bad punctuation, grammar and spelling, or sometimes just bad plot or bad dialogue.... I could go on but you get my point?

But most of them don't post in the Authors' Hangout.

Here’s another one that’s stood the test of time. I like it and so apparantly do LITEROTICA'S readers. Since I published the stoty some seven years ago Allison has delivered three of her brother's babies. It has some of the best dialogue on the site:

[size=+3]
Allison’s Ankle
[/size]

1allison.jpg

Allison's Ankle Brother cocks his injured sis.
4.65 4469 384697 Incest/Taboo (English) 10/20/06 Public Comments: 120

Perhaps other posters could furnish the numbers on the stories they're nominating which would allow thread readers a common comparison point...

I'm not sure about don't care. It might be all they can do. Its very difficult to find a volunteer editor and many times it becomes, "Well, so I go with it as is or never post it"

The site has no real way of screening every single story and line of punctuation.

As for bad plot and dialogue, again this opens the can of worms of what's good? and to who?

Your "bad plot" might be something I enjoy. My good plot might make you say "Meh" as for dialogue? Same thing.

When I first started here I exchanged some e-mails with one of the true greats on this site Many Feathers.

At one point I called out a line I had in a story and said "It sounds stupid, I'd laugh if someone said this to me."

He pointed out that during sex, hard, fast, raunchy, passionate sex, people will say stupid things. You're not really thinking or at least you shouldn't be.

Again, a lot here is subjective.

whats your best work?

Oh i love this question.
One of my personal favorites is http://www.literotica.com/s/food-for-thought-8
it seems to flow very nicely and is not to be taken seriously. I found it one of the easier stories to write which i was very surprised over. But as for best work it seems tho be my soldier boy series, which i really need to continue.
http://www.literotica.com/s/soldier-boy-ch-01

However i am my own worst critic and even when they are on the site i tend to reread them finding faults with the grammar and better ways of writing something.

However i am my own worst critic and even when they are on the site i tend to reread them finding faults with the grammar and better ways of writing something.

I don't think any writer who takes him- or herself even somewhat seriously can avoid being their own worst critic. We see the story the way we ultimately intended it to be seen, and constantly find fault even after it's posted or published.

I keep my favorites linked on my sig line. I've been meaning to add "The Blizzard" to the honor roll.

My newer ones obviously. I learned how to write on lit, so my first stories are very raw and full of grammar, punctuation and every other possible type of error. My best, in my opinion..**** 4

The Girl with the Silver Trombone

Family Tent Swap

The Busty Babysitter

Maureen's Abduction Saga

A little off topic but..

Which one of you fuckers wrote the story where a girl went under the dining room table for some reason...I don't remember why, but she gives her father. Blowjob while her mom is there and I forgot what happens from there. I could have sworn it was slyc_willie.

My best work on Lit

I guess I'll just have to choose all of them . . . and none of them.

Since I've written them all with inspiration and dedication, I like ALL of them, and I find them all my best work. I have a library of over one hundred and fifty stories {mostly paranormal romances}, and they need some serious polishing, so I consider those my worst work.

And then there are the errors. Even my editors, past and present, have overlooked errors that pop up in the end result, and this doesn't make me happy when I read them. I like my storylines (of course), but I loathe the errors.

I guess you can say I have a love/hate relationship with all of my stories.

Which one of you fuckers wrote the story where a girl went under the dining room table for some reason...I don't remember why, but she gives her father. Blowjob while her mom is there and I forgot what happens from there. I could have sworn it was slyc_willie.

It was. I removed it.

Oh man! I loved that one! Can I steal your idea or rewrite it? It deserves to be read!

I think you should have her fingering the mother, while jacking off the father and the two of them trying to pretend nothing is happening and unaware the other is being played with.

I just can't write that type of thing, I'm like an incest snob.:D

I think you should have her fingering the mother, while jacking off the father and the two of them trying to pretend nothing is happening and unaware the other is being played with.

I just can't write that type of thing, I'm like an incest snob.:D

It was one of my earliest stories, and it was pretty juvenile. It wasn't a story so much as a scenario. Daughter was told by Daddy to scrape gum from beneath the kitchen table, and while she's down there, Daddy comes in and sits down, not knowing she's there. He has a conversation with Mom while naughty little incestuous-minded daughter takes advantage of the moment.

After going back and reading it about a year and a half later, I cringed at the characterizations, and decided to pull it.

It was one of my earliest stories, and it was pretty juvenile. It wasn't a story so much as a scenario. Daughter was told by Daddy to scrape gum from beneath the kitchen table, and while she's down there, Daddy comes in and sits down, not knowing she's there. He has a conversation with Mom while naughty little incestuous-minded daughter takes advantage of the moment.

After going back and reading it about a year and a half later, I cringed at the characterizations, and decided to pull it.

But, like all else here, there is a market for it, look at Seth he's all excited.

To each their own, but I'm one of those incest authors that has to "Justify" the incest and have a build up to the initial encounter, I can't write (or read) the "hey, why not?" stories.

But, like all else here, there is a market for it, look at Seth he's all excited.

To each their own, but I'm one of those incest authors that has to "Justify" the incest and have a build up to the initial encounter, I can't write (or read) the "hey, why not?" stories.

Neither can I, and that's pretty much what it was. I have a few other incest stories, which I think are more "realistic" in that the reasons for engaging in incest make sense. One Blissful Night is probably my best example of that.

Neither can I, and that's pretty much what it was. I have a few other incest stories, which I think are more "realistic" in that the reasons for engaging in incest make sense. One Blissful Night is probably my best example of that.

I have one I like called Mama's Boy, its the only one I did where I picked up the incestuous relationship already going on.

I stress I liked it because the score was low compared to my others, but its because I had a drunk asshole father involved and the son had some sad memories of when things were better etc....

I have learned(especially through SWB) that incest fans seem to like light and fluffy and happy. Odd considering how taboo the topic really is.

I have one I like called Mama's Boy, its the only one I did where I picked up the incestuous relationship already going on.

I stress I liked it because the score was low compared to my others, but its because I had a drunk asshole father involved and the son had some sad memories of when things were better etc....

I have learned(especially through SWB) that incest fans seem to like light and fluffy and happy. Odd considering how taboo the topic really is.

They want to feel that it's natural and "all right" as opposed to most RL incest relationships, which are abusive.

Back