The Grifters

J

JAMESBJOHNSON

Guest
THE GRIFTERS by Jim Thompson

Cole Dillon is a young con artist and salesman involved with 3 women. Carol is a young nurse. Moira Langtry is an older married woman and expensive call girl. Lilly Dillon is Cole's mom, she was 14 when Cole was born, and she has the hots for him now that he's grown. She also likes pain, plenty of pain. The man she works for burns her when she needs it. They work for organized crime.

Ninety percent of the book is boring and tedious. The end is interesting because people are murdered.
 
Best. Book. Review. Ever. A+

I do my part to conserve words so LIT writers don't run out. And its no secret Jim Thompson wrote plenty of lame books unless your idea of hot stuff is like this example: "Moira lay on the bed and they had a good time." RED H prose if ever there was. The murders are lots more interesting but I cant say much about them without spilling the beans of the end.
 
You should start a book review thread JB, get some discussions going.

I was thinking the same thing; for new reviews and to link the older ones. They're all pretty good overall breakdowns.

Though it should have a badass title, like the 'JBJ Bookburner Review Thread' or something.
 
He will need a poster. A very important part of the branding...



JBJ_Flush.jpg
 
Back
Top