Ask a MtF TG a question

Frankly, I would challenge anybody who pulls that particular transphobic rant out of their hat to provide me with statistics on the number of sexual assaults committed by transwomen in women's washrooms compared to assaults committed by men in those places (I haven't been able to find any myself). Otherwise they're simply voicing an opinion with no factual foundation.

Frankly, I would challenge anybody who pulls that particular transphobic rant out of their hat to provide me with statistics on the number of sexual assaults committed by transwomen in women's washrooms compared to assaults committed by men in those places (I haven't been able to find any myself). Otherwise they're simply voicing an opinion with no factual foundation.

Meanwhile: cis men assault men in men's washrooms, cis women assault women in women's washrooms, and cis men follow women into women's washrooms and assault them there.

It makes me wonder if those hate-spouters are reacting to something in their childhood? Maybe they were deceived and abused at home or by the coach at school? Or maybe the women were horrified when they were 12 yrs old, they started to get cat-called by grown men in the street? Those things don't leave you with a balanced view of men - and they still imagine us to be be men because the media has historically used the trope 'woman trapped in man's body' etc.
The more you pick away at the veneer of normality with people, you start to find what ugly things there are in people's pasts. I'm not excusing their behaviour - far from it - but trying to understand where the hate comes from. If you can understand someone, then you have more chance of dealing with them in a positive way..

I'm inclined to think that, at least in conservatives (those who espouse such things as 'family values'), trans- and homophobia are largely due to an inability to see anything but black and white, which stems from (or engenders) an 'us vs them' mentality. When you live in a binary world (where orientation, gender and race [white vs non-white] are among the most basic binaries), seeing those lines blurred calls into question your understanding of the entire universe. It's often easier to just exclude such concepts as aberrant than to modify your point of view. Toxic masculinity and socially-sanctioned gender roles are also going to play a role, and this (I'm supposing) will be a larger component in non-conservatives. But I'm just shooting off my mouth and haven't made any effort to look for data to back this up. :D

An interesting article I just found includes the following quote that may be relevant:

"Genocide happens through a combination of factors: 1) ethnic prejudice, racism, and other forms of hatred; 2) fear of the other; 3) extreme forms of nationalism; 4) radical and absurd ideas of social change; 5) myth-making--just simply the idea of creating mythologies around a group, constructing the group as the embodiment of all evil; and 6) the desire on the part of the state to engage in extreme propaganda against the group that motivates large numbers of people to go out and destroy that particular group."​

1 and 2 are, I think, different aspects of the same thing - in the case of homophobes and transphobes, it is a rejection of 'those who are not like us'. 5 is a particular preoccupation with Americans, both to elevate themselves (e.g. the US as a Christian nation, the flag, the founding fathers, mom and apple pie as sacred symbols, etc. and the belief in 'American exceptionalism' and manifest destiny) and the demonization of 'the other' as 'out to get us' and 'destroy our way of life'. Groups set themselves apart (and above) through their mythologies, which define what is important to them and how they are to behave, and if you don't fit the critieria for inclusion, you are 'other'. 3 follows from from 1, 2 and 5 and 6 follows in turn from those. About the only one that most Americans are missing is 4, though you'll certainly hear such things from the extreme right. My point being that, for some people, the universe is divided into 'us' and 'them', and anybody but 'us' is, by definition, inferior, alien and hostile.

/end ramble

(Hi SG! :heart:)

Thanks Haurni :kiss:
I've read through your piece a couple of time, made numerous references to wordy texts and the judgement of wise and venerated sages and reach the following conclusion

yea, fuck 'em

11233491_948750938510749_5699695309441615725_n.jpg

Just in case you wanted to stand while peeing again. Or are you over that?

Do you ever forget? :D

11233491_948750938510749_5699695309441615725_n.jpg

Just in case you wanted to stand while peeing again. Or are you over that?

Do you ever forget? :D
What and bee like a man? :confused:
I took my last boy-pee against a tree. I'm not sure the tree appreciated the significance of the moment ;)

Thank you. I am immediately bookmarking that one.

Some cunt called Florida Rep. Frank Artiles says this "In a statement posted on his own blog, ... further explained that the bill is “not intended to discriminate against transgender [sic] or transsexuals.” Instead, he believes the gender identity protections include a “loop hole” that would protect “criminals, sexual deviants, pedophiles, and voyeurs.”

So if Florida has a problem with “criminals, sexual deviants, pedophiles, and voyeurs.” why doesn't it resolve that problem instead of criminalising people who want to pee in an appropriate place? As cunt Antiles says "A man such as myself can walk into the bathroom at LA Fitness while women are taking showers, changing, and simply walk in there…" he keeps coming back to this more frequently than is comfortable.

This bill precisely discriminates against transgender people. There have been zero crimes of this type reported yet suddenly we need one. There were weirdos around long before trans visibility so why the fuck didn't ass-wipes like him do something about it? Why? Because at college they were the very assholes who did march into women's restrooms, expressing their God-given privilege for fucking patriarchy privilege.

It's just somewhere to pee for chrissakes. How is that a fucking crime?

Last edited:
What and bee like a man? :confused:
I took my last boy-pee against a tree. I'm not sure the tree appreciated the significance of the moment ;)

Some cunt called Florida Rep. Frank Artiles says this "In a statement posted on his own blog, ... further explained that the bill is “not intended to discriminate against transgender [sic] or transsexuals.” Instead, he believes the gender identity protections include a “loop hole” that would protect “criminals, sexual deviants, pedophiles, and voyeurs.”

So if Florida has a problem with “criminals, sexual deviants, pedophiles, and voyeurs.” why doesn't it resolve that problem instead of criminalising people who want to pee in an appropriate place? As cunt Antiles says "A man such as myself can walk into the bathroom at LA Fitness while women are taking showers, changing, and simply walk in there…" he keeps coming back to this more frequently than is comfortable.

This bill precisely discriminates against transgender people. There have been zero crimes of this type reported yet suddenly we need one. There were weirdos around long before trans visibility so why the fuck didn't ass-wipes like him do something about it? Why? Because at college they were the very assholes who did march into women's restrooms, expressing their God-given privilege for fucking patriarchy privilege.

It's just somewhere to pee for chrissakes. How is that a fucking crime?

I just moved from Florida. They're not the brightest bulbs. They're not the sharpest tools in the shed. They're just plain stupid. Calling this guy a cunt would be an insult to cunts.

Breaking News! Girl Scouts Welcome Girls!

(CNN)Transgender girls are welcome in the Girl Scouts of the United States of America, a stance that has attracted controversy from some conservative groups over the past week.

"Our position is not new," said Andrea Bastiani Archibald, the Girl Scouts USA's chief girl expert. "It conforms with our continuous commitment to inclusivity."

The Girl Scouts' guidance on serving transgender girls, on its "Frequently Asked Questions" page, was actually made public four years ago.

"Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority," states the FAQ. "That said, if the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe."

I just moved from Florida. They're not the brightest bulbs. They're not the sharpest tools in the shed. They're just plain stupid. Calling this guy a cunt would be an insult to cunts.
Yup was all riled up. Sorry for the c-word but in UK-speak it is occasionally warranted.

My sister was in the Brownies but her frequent arrests for delinquency and meth addiction meant she was advised against the Girl Scouts. She's a missionary now and a free-diving expert... always the show-off :rolleyes:

Andrea Bastiani Archibald ... is that a name or a town in Columbia?

So if Florida has a problem with “criminals, sexual deviants, pedophiles, and voyeurs.” why doesn't it resolve that problem instead of criminalising people who want to pee in an appropriate place?
As one of Canada's senators put it, the so-called 'bathroom bills' are 'a solution looking for a problem'.

Maybe we ought to lighten the mood: can't be angry all the time?

"When someone calls you by your name, only to screw up your pronouns."
tumblr_novryxXQw51ts9p80o1_400.gif

This is why surgery is so important
Lovely Danni explains

*sigh*

and just a quick comment about Caitlyn Jenner. There's so much media pazzazz going on and "Oooo!" and "brave" and "amazing" and, don't get me wrong - the coverage has to be good for all trans people... I suppose... BUT... she might as well have landed from Mars as far as I'm concerned. She's so distant from the reality of being "ordinary" and trans. It feels like the circus is more focussed on the Wow than the reality and people are associating their outrage of her being so public about her transition with being transgender so... Life isn't a circus for most trans people - it's more like Danni.

I dunno - I'm still not sure how I feel about it all with Jenner. I haven't seen her big interview yet so I'm hardly in a position to make an informed observation, so this is just how I feel right now.

I liked what Laverne has to say

Stickygirl,

I hear you.

Further, I wonder how anyone can even function with that much attention focused on them. The massive fame factor boggles my mind, and I struggle to understand the real person behind the photo-shoot.

Trans people I know in real life are much easier for me to understand.

Stickygirl,

I hear you.

Further, I wonder how anyone can even function with that much attention focused on them. The massive fame factor boggles my mind, and I struggle to understand the real person behind the photo-shoot.

Trans people I know in real life are much easier for me to understand.
Maybe that's the thing - I only heard of Jenner in the last few weeks. I didn't know much about the whole celebrity thing
...ETA however, I have now seen the two part docu-daughter-fest with Jenner and family. Thought she spoke pretty well.
Main observations
1. Lying - we have to lie to survive. Get over
2. Never a right way or a right time to come out
3. Always think about other people too, especially people you love

Last edited:
Seventeen School Districts Covering 600,000 Students Experienced No Problems After Implementing Transgender Protections

Well THEY would say that wouldn't they? :rolleyes:

Been busy having fun in RL and even posting on a mindless thread on the GB - yes, Sticks on the general board! I may post the info here, but, pfft - you don't wanna read that.
Lets talk about...
Swimming costumes post-op :) ( sorry no pics )

In America, we only use the word "costume" in the Halloween sense, like dressing up as a vampire or something, but I think I know what you mean by 'swimming costume". Have you found one that you feel comfortable in? That's when you re most exposed in public. What about other clothing choices, do you find that you now have more freedom to dress as you feel?

In America, we only use the word "costume" in the Halloween sense, like dressing up as a vampire or something, but I think I know what you mean by 'swimming costume". Have you found one that you feel comfortable in? That's when you re most exposed in public. What about other clothing choices, do you find that you now have more freedom to dress as you feel?

Ha - well, isn't language fun :)
I guess you'd call them swim 'suits'? So if we go by the mental pictures then I'm splashing around dressed as a zombie and you're wearing tweed and patent leather shoes!!
I've ditched my old one-piece because it no longer fits and replaced it with another Speedo-style for training. I bought one of these If I ever get to the beach then I wrap something around and I'm good to go to a bar etc. Pretty huh?

As for other clothes... hmm, well actually no, it hasn't made a heap of difference because I'm not that keen on leggings ( yoga pants ). I followed a girl today with her ass clad in black knickers with pretty sheer leggings and I was like 'woah - k, girl, we see it'. Underwear is definitely freed up though :) and I can wear whatever I like now :) :)

I love that plunge swimsuit. I'll show it to my gf. One of my favorite things to do with her is to take her shopping for clothes. She is a science nerd, and really had not been too much into clothes. However, now she is starting to see that certain outfits are more comfortable and flattering, and they bring out these really cool aspects of her personality. Right now we are looking for a sun dress that provides enough bust support that she need not wear a bra. It is so hot in Arizona right now.

I really do like the swimming costume you selected. I hope you find some other good outfits, also. A friend on Lit used the right term for this I think-- she called this pursuit the art of adornment.

I love that plunge swimsuit. I'll show it to my gf. One of my favorite things to do with her is to take her shopping for clothes. She is a science nerd, and really had not been too much into clothes. However, now she is starting to see that certain outfits are more comfortable and flattering, and they bring out these really cool aspects of her personality. Right now we are looking for a sun dress that provides enough bust support that she need not wear a bra. It is so hot in Arizona right now.

I really do like the swimming costume you selected. I hope you find some other good outfits, also. A friend on Lit used the right term for this I think-- she called this pursuit the art of adornment.
I call in pursuit of bargains at Debenhams ( big store in the UK ) ;)
Science girls need to feel good too!!

and thank you - I like it too ( where's the beach?! )

Back