Beyond Time (closed)

"I'll give two hands if my lady wishes," came his lovely baritone voice as he approached with his sure stride, dressed in his handsome attire of a Lord fit for Darkwood. The lines between dream and reality blurred heavily as he slipped her top away and knelt before her. He lifted mildly calloused hands and cupped her breasts, massaging gently before he gave one nipple a gentle pinch, and the other, he teased with his warm, wet tongue.

“Oh, Ash…” Dylan whimpered softly, her eyes finding his as he knelt before her, massaging her breasts tenderly with those warm, familiar calloused hands. “You’ve been gone much too long. I hate that the King pulls you away so often.”

She moaned hotly for him as his fingers pinched one nipple before he started to tease the other with his warm, wet tongue. With her eyes still closed, Dylan was mimicking his motions in her time, her shirt pressed up over her breasts as she massaged and pinched her nipples, rolling them in time with his lips.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder," he commented with a soft smile, then added, "... and the touch more fiery."

He kept his lips wrapped around her nipple while his hands worked their way down her bared belly, slowly working down the loose pants she wore. He pulled his lips away and looked up at her, "Let me please you, my love..." His fingers slowly skimmed the seam of her sex as he kissed her neck warmly.

Dylan whimpered for her lover, moaning as he suckled her nipple and then slowly started to work at the loose pants that she was wearing. Her own fingers delved beneath the waistband, teasing her slit as he did in her dream. She nodded for him, her lips parted as he kissed her neck warmly, loving her as she had seen in those strange flashbacks.

His fingers slowly dipped into her wet, warm entrance, avoiding her clit for now to make her look forward to it. He whispered against her skin, "I love you, my dearest Dylandra..." Two of his slender fingers delved inside her painfully slow.

“Ash…” She hissed lowly as his fingers slipped into her wet entrance, her hips bucking ever so slightly as he whispered words of love against her throat. “Oh my.”

Her fingers slipped inside of her body in tandem with his own, a soft sigh of pleasure drawn from her lips as she stared into his handsome, dark eyes. They were so warm, so loving, so incredibly real as he painfully made her wait for what she really wanted.

He soon lifted his lips to her ear and whispered, "... Not yet, my darling." And with that, her dream was cut short by a knock at the studio door.

John called in, "Hey, love, I'm gonna go out to grab a couple things for the kitchen. Want anything?"

Dylan gasped as she heard a knock at the door, her fingers pulled from her wet folds in an instant as John’s voice sounded through the door. She glanced towards the solid wood portal, shaking the daydream from her mind like hazy cobwebs. Wetting her lips with her tongue, she shook her head and tried to answer him as normally as possible.

“I don’t think so.” She called back. “Maybe pick up some dinner while you’re out too, huh?”

"Will do. I might pop by the tavern and say hi to some of my mates, so don't go too crazy while I'm gone." With that, he left. Van, who lived in a small house on the grounds elsewhere, had already gone. Dylan was alone now for sure.

Dylan waited until she heard John’s footsteps retreating before she slumped back into her seat, wondering what the hell had happened. Why was she thinking about a man that she’d only just met and one that had been dead for centuries? None of it made sense, she told herself as she took the sketch she’d been working on and crumpled it up, tossing it to the floor before she began her work a new.

A month went by, and John was forced to get a job in manual labor, loading and unloading items onto pallets to be moved elsewhere by forklift in warehouses. He was plenty strong enough, but it didn't pay well and it left him so exhausted that one night, he got into a minor car crash from falling asleep at the wheel. All turned out fine, but he rode the bus from then on.

It also strained John and Dylan's relationship because he was working long hours and never had energy left for her when she wanted or needed it. And then, the night of the full moon came. John was at the tavern with his friends and was going to stay with a friend to catch an early train to Bristol in the morning to catch a football game. Van was gone for the weekend doing who knew what.

Dylan was all alone when she heard the high notes of a Renaissance madrigal coming from down the hall. It was the piano.

Dylan had never been more lonely or unsure of herself in all of her life. She and John simply started drifting apart. His long hours combined with his exhaustive schedule made spending time with him extremely difficult. Still, he needed time with his friends and he had been looking forward to the football game for a long while.

It left her along in Darkwood for a long weekend. One that she hadn’t been looking forward to. That was until she heard the strains of the piano playing down the hallway. Dylan sprang from her spot in the living room and hurried down the hallway towards the small library. She had been waiting for a month for her chance to travel back to Ashien’s time and it seemed that it was finally there upon her.

The piano now laid in a lonely corner, covered with a canvas to keep dust and moisture off. But the notes were clear and when Dylan revealed it to the light, the ivory and ebony keys were playing smoothly along. Before she knew it, she was in the original ballroom, looking down at a very handsome lord playing that very same song with a soft smile on his lips as he hummed along. It was odd... that song was from a later period in the Renaissance. Perhaps Jennings had taught it to him.

Dylan stood there, watching him play for a long moment before she dared to breathe again. She gave him a smile the moment that his dark eyes turned towards her. Familiar dark eyes that had done far more than simply look at her. She actually blushed and lowered her gaze to the floor as the final notes from the piano echoed through the ballroom.

Ashien soon rose to face her, and he took her hands without a word. The piano began playing itself, a lovely soft sonata, as Ashien swept Dylan into a dance that was easy to follow and oddly intimate. "Welcome back," he said quietly as they went, entirely unembarrassed of his actions.

Dylan was absolutely breathless as Ashien took her in his arms and started to slowly sweep her across the empty ballroom. She followed him effortlessly, her eyes looking into his as her long blonde hair trailed loosely around them. No one had ever danced like this before with her.

“Thank you.” Was the only thing that she could think to say as he welcomed her back.

As the song's last chord faded, Ashien slowed to a halt with her before stepping back to bow gracefully to her. He was a fine gentleman, the chivalrous sort that had always been in short supply throughout history but was especially scarce in her time. John himself was more a ladies' man than most, but Ashien had a refined, even Princely charm about him. Of course, he was the youngest Prince of Inverness by rights.

"I hope I'm not too forward in saying that I hoped you would come back today," he told her with perfect honesty and that easy, warm smile.

Dylan smiled slightly as he told her with a clear, honest gaze that he hoped that she would come back. “Well, I hope I’m not too forward in saying that I hoped I would come back as well.”

She teased him with a little curtsey, even though she wore a pair of loose pants and an old t-shirt that evening, her long blonde hair carelessly hanging loose down her back. He was so incredibly handsome, she thought to herself, her gaze caught in the dark one that had haunted so many of her dreams.

“I would be lying if I didn’t say that you have been in my thoughts very regularly.”

"Just as you have been in mine," Ashien offered his arm to her and they made their way to his studio. The tiger Ballas was there, cleaning a paw as he lay under Ashien's writing desk, but he soon made his way out in a lazy and slow walk of a clearly tired beast.

Ashien brought her to an unfinished painting in the middle of the room on an easel. "You know, you gave me an idea for a new piece when you came here. I'd never thought of it before." On the half-painted easel was the beginnings of the ballroom and the piano at the end in a circle of candles, some of its keys compressed to show that it was being played by invisible hands.

“It’s very beautiful.” She said softly, looking at the wonderful painting of Darkwood Manor. He was a gifted artist, one that could capture in paint what few could do with any other means.

“You inspired a few pieces of my art as well.” Dylan said absently, looking at Ashien with a dark blush coating her cheeks as she remembered that her works were more sexual in nature.

He chuckled softly at her blush and he took her hand to kiss it, "You honor me, Miss Dylan." Ashien sat down with her on a sofa in the studio. "Tell me, how have you been? Van told me that he stored the piano away in your time."

“It’s been rough. My Fiancée lost his job and I’ve found that we have little time for things like we use to.” She admitted to him, unsure of why she had just told him that she was both engaged and having problems.

“Yes, Van did store the piano. He thought that it was too dangerous to keep out in the open for anyone to come into contact with.” Sitting next to Ashien, she felt…comfortable. This was something that she felt she had done a million times before, despite only meeting him for the second time that day.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I do hope they subside soon," Ashien touched her cheek with a kind gesture of care. That touch just felt so right... "Let me know if there is anything I can do for you, my dear."

Dylan sucked in a deep breath as Ashien reached out to touch her cheek. It felt incredible, she thought to herself as he offered his services to make things right if he could. She let out a little sigh as she turned her cheek into his palm, her lips grazing along the calloused skin in an incredibly sensual and intimate moment.

Being a gentleman but also a man who followed feelings more than the mind, Ashien wasn't sure if he should pull back for the sake of her decency to her fiancee, or if he should let it go. "Miss Dylan...?" He asked softly, not sure of what was going through her mind.

Back