The Raiders of the Scarlet Sails (IC)

milkmaiden38

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Posts
4,756
The strong oak wood, from which the deck of the Orchid of the Sea was made of, cracked in an approving fashion as Captain Curtis 'Grim Reaper' Salvodor or “Grim” for short and his first mate “One Eye” Adlam lay dead on the quarter deck. The calm seas around the ship echoed the deck’s approval with gentle applause of splashes against the hull of the ship as a result of the removal of the two evil men. The sky was a deep topical blue and let the sun shine happy on the two dead men. The sky was appreciative of the deaths but foretold of the troubles to come from the deaths. On the horizon, winds were forming and black, ominous clouds were getting ready to shake up the calm topical seas.

Isabelle nicknamed Red, stood over the two dead men, her cutlass dripped red with their blood. The same color as her hair. This scene was confirmation of why she had acquired the nickname of “Red”. She was a striking beautiful pirate, but there was no question that she was also deadly. Her legs were cover by a series of horizontal leather layers, lacing, and silver plate guards. Her lower legs were protected by more leather and masterfully crafted greaves. She wore a belt and a large scabbard was on her left leg, which normally held her cutlass.

Her mid-drift was bare, and her impressively large breasts were contained within a sleeveless white laced top. Her left arm had a leather bracer on. On her head was a simple blue bandanna to hold her blood red hair from her face. On her shoulder rode her “shock lizard”. The small, sleek reptile stared at the dead bodies.

She was surrounded by her fellow mutineers.

“It be done” She said in a loud clear voice. “I’m now the captain of this ship ...” She said. Her pet lizard shook his head in agreement.

A cheer rose up from the mutineers.

“Free our fellow shipmates from the mast. They did not deserve the lash.” Red called to her fellow mutineers. The men tied to the mast were being cut free.

Nya, a Cecaelia (half human/half octopus), stood next to Isabelle. She used 4 of her 8 tentacles to stand. Her non-standing tentacles could be used for other functions. One for example still held the helm, keeping the rudder steady, as she stood next to Isabelle. Her human upper half was that of a comely young woman. Her hair was a light auburn and she had bright, light green eyes. She wore a corset style bodice to cover her human upper half. She asked “Captain, what should we do with the bodies … and them?" She asked pointing with one of her spare tentacles to the 10 crew member still loyal to the dead captain.

“Leave Grim’s and One Eye’s bodies here for now. As for those idiots … prepare a long boat, we’ll drop them off here. Motaku Isle is near the shipping lanes. They will be rescued eventually.” She ordered.

One of the pirate’s now under guard spoke up “We’re not idiots … YOU’RE THE IDOITS … When Captain Barnabas Harrigan finds out what you did … he’ll be feed you to the sharks.”

Red wiped her blade on the dead body of Captain Grim, and then placed it back in her scabbard. She turned on the pirate “I wish to sleep comfortably at night, knowing my crew has my back. My crew will know I plan to share the loot equally. My crew will know there can be and is honor among thieves. I will not invent infractions to kill off crew members, so my share grows higher. Grim … was a gutless sea eel … and you would have been next on his list”

“Aye … that might be so … but at least I’m not next on Captain Harrigan’s list” The pirate said back.

There was silence on the deck as everyone thought about what had just happened and what it meant.

“Fellow pirates … Shipmates; I have a plan to deal with Captain Harrigan … however I shall discuss that with you all after these scurvy dogs are off the ship.” Red explained.

The long boat was lowered into the water and prisoners were directed to get into the boat.
 
Reaver had his rapier out directing the men into the longboat. Flitter sat comfortably on his shoulder and poked her tongue out at them as they descended the rope ladder towards the boat below. One of the men made a small move towards her and Reavers sword point just raised slightly. It stilled the man instantly and he looked at his face and gulped visibly before climbing down quietly. Flitter laughed quietly from her perch put shut up when Reaver jostled her slightly.
"It's not nice to tease a man like that Dee, especially when they have a long row ahead of them until they reach land."
Dee shook her head at him and stood upon his shoulder using her wings to steady her. "What do you care Reaver. They sided with Captain Grim not Red. They deserve whatever they get. You know Captain Red is right."
"Of course she was right to do what she did, but those men are right about Captain Harrigan as well. Now me I have no fear of the man, but those ones do and most of them were good shipmates. I wish them no ill will."
The little Fairy straightened her small tricorn hat and sat back down on his shoulder. She pouted a little but then decided her friend was right. However there was more important business now. Like finding out what they were going to be doing and where they were going.

"So what do you think the Captain has planned?" She gushed excitedly.
Reaver just shrugged and returned his sword to his scabbard. He leaned back on the rail and observed the boat. As usual he was dressed in his own tricorn hat with a grinning skull in gold on the front. Today he wore a bright red and gold great coat lined with fur he had taken from a pompous naval officer after killing him and leather pants and bright leather boots. He didn't bother with a shirt in these climates as he had no danger of ever burning and to him the weather was pleasant. Around his waist was his pride and joy. A Dwarven made Rapier of pure Mithral. He had taken it as his share of spoils from a raid when no one else had seen it's true worth. It was light as a feather but as strong as the creators. He had been able to take blows from minators with the blade and kill them while they stood there stunned.

"I don't know what she is going to do Dee but we have thrown our hats in with her now, so let's hope she really does have a plan and was not just lying to us to get her hands on a ship of her own."
 
With the prisoners off the ship, rowing to the isle, Red turned to Nya.

“Nya, I need you to go to the ballista deck and bring our guest topside.” Red ordered. There were gasps from everyone on board.

“Captain … that thing scares the ink out of me! Are you sure?” Nya asked.

“Yes ... please do as I order” Red said firmly.

Nya proceeded below decks and a short while later … the sound of a ladder cracking under a heavy weight could be heard. Everyone on the deck knew their problems were just about to get much worse, as a massive creature rose up out of the hatch.

The only way to describe the creature was to call it a monster. Just looking upon the thing filled the crew with gut-emptying fear, paralyzing them in their tracks. The creature had the face of a black dragon! The personification of terror, he glared at the crew members with fiery, red eyes. The rest of its body rose up out of the hatch. It’s head look like a bull’s, with large horns and soft ears, but his face was that of a black dragon. At his neck the bull features melted into a human’s body of massive strength and rippling muscles, he wore no shirt. There were scars on his body, the creature had seen many battles.

At his waist he wore rough brown pants, which did little to hide his hugely muscled legs. His human legs became furry and ended in bull’s hooves. Additionally, his had a thin bull’s tail. He was a black dragon-minotaur! His attire spoke of a warrior.

Small smoke trails drifted from his nose as the great horned head tilted. The beast opened its mouth to bare huge, sharp teeth. He stared at Red, before he bellowed out a horrifying roar.

“YOU WERE FOOLISH TO FREE ME!” He roared. Isabelle stood her ground, although the roar had been terrifying. The monster advanced on her.

“Jura … I have killed the man that imprisoned you below decks. See he lays there” Isabelle said pointing to Grim’s body. It took a few seconds but the monster recognized Captain Grim. The beast turned its head back to Red.

“Why did you free me?” Jura asked somewhat confused.

“Because it was the right thing to do” Red answered "You are part of the crew, and we are a team."

The creature seemed to grow less angry. He paused a moment to stared at the fantastically beautiful redhead standing before him. His pause was ended with a grunt.

“What happens now?” He asked.

“First … should you wish to take revenge upon Captain Grim’s body … You may do so. Then you are free to leave the ship at our next port call.” She stated. A moment later she added “However, I would like to offer you another option. I’m in need of a body guard and a skill ballista operator, should we find ourselves in combat. I’m willing to pay you, should you agree. What say you?” Red asked Jura.

Jura looked over the amazingly beautiful redhead. He was attracted to her but realized that such a refined and beautiful woman would never be interested in a big ugly creature like himself. Nevertheless, she had free him and now asked him to stay on as part of her crew. No one had ever been so kind to him.

“Jura thanks Red for freeing him. Jura will protect Red for now and think about her offer.” he growled.

Red smiled as she looked at the black dragon minotaur. “Thank You Jura” She said and then she looked at the rest of the crew. If any of them had thought to kill her and take the ship those thoughts just ended. She had the protection of Jura. Even if they killed her, his revenge would be horrible.

Jura walked over to Captain Grim’s body and spit in the corpus’ face in disgust. Then the monster turned away and stood at Red’s side. Behind them … everyone could hear the sizzling sound of Grim’s face melting away from Jura’s acid spit.
 
Elections??

“Nya, assemble the crew … we have some business to attend to” Red asked Nya.

“All crew members assemble on the main deck.” Nya called out.

Most of the crew was already topside, so they quickly assembled and moved closer to hear what Red had to say. The ones below deck came up as well.

“Crew … we are pirates … and that means … the captain of the ship is not appointed … he or she is elected by a majority of the crew. This is also true for many of the other officer positions on the ship. I assume you will support me in the role of captain.” There was a cheer of “ayes” from most of the crew, to include a squeak from her lizard. Red was respected, fair, firm and generally liked by most of the crew. Most had given her their support prior to the mutiny, so she had assumed the role of captain after killing Grim and One Eye, but she needed to have a vote to make it official.

“I’m honored by your confidence in me” Red said bowing her head. “Now the other positions … let’s do the easy ones first. Sailing master or Navigator …. I recommend Nya.” There was another large cheer. The Cecaelia was an odd race, but the crew was use to her tentacles now, and she was one of the best sail masters in The Shackles. She may be too curious at times, but she always does what she is told and she has no interest in command of the ship.

“Ship’s Boatswain, I’m going to ask Reaver and Flitter … Reaver to handle all deck activities, maintenance and supply. And Flitter … you are prefect for the sails and rigging.” Both of them had surprised looks on their faces. So Red added “I know you both can do this … Reaver you have been around ships almost all your life ... And Flitter you can fly to check the sails and rigging. What say you?” Red asked.

Whatever they had to say, it was drowned out by another cheer from the crew. They had been elected whether they wanted the job or not.

Red was smiling … and turned to Jura “Jura … I know most of the crew does not know you. Captain Grim had locked you up below decks … with the belief that you had no choice but to defend the ship. For if we lost a battle and the ship went down. You would die trapped below decks. You are free now, however we need a gunner’s mate, the person in charge of the ship’s weapons. Are you willing to be our gunner’s mate?” Red asked

Jura growled “I only know how to fire them. Someone will need to teach me, my other duties.”

“I can do that … does anyone else want to be our gunner’s mate?” Red asked. No one said anything. They knew if they said yes … they’d be working with the monster. No one wanted to work with Jura; they might end up his next meal.

“What say you crew?” Red asked. The crew was quiet.

“Let me try this a different way” Red said “Who is against it?” Still the crew was quiet.

“Jura … you are our new gunner’s mate!” Red declared. There were a few quiet cheers of excitement but now many.

“We need a ship’s doctor and a carpenter … but no one I know has the skills for those positions. If I’m wrong please see me afterwards” Red asked. No one said anything.

“Great … now the hard one … I need a quarter master. My second in command. Does anyone wish to be my quarter master?” Red asked. She looked out over the crew. There were no takers.

“I don’t bite” Red said. Still no one volunteered. “Ok … We can wait until we make a port call to fill that position. Prepare the ship to get underway. Senior staff please meet me on the quarterdeck.” She ordered.

Reaver, Flitter, Jura, and Nya assembled on the quarterdeck.

“Fellow Pirates … I assume we still all wish to remain free captains (i.e. pirates)?” Red asked. There were nods from everyone except Jura. Red continued.

“As you know … we have a problem. We have just killed Grim and One Eye … two of Captain Harrigan trusted men.” Red said.

“Actually …. You killed them” Nya pointed out.

“Yes … but I think we’ll all be fed to the sharks … so it matters not that I killed them. In addition, this fine ship was recently captured by Captain Harrigan, one of the most notorious free captains of the shackles. He might want it back.” Red explained

“Want it back! … his wraith on us will be most terrible indeed!” Nya pointed out.

“Nya … your statements are not helping” Red pointed out.

“I saw Captain Harrigan once poured boiling water into the eyes of a sailor and then into his ears! Or how about that time he tied a man up by his thumbs, hoisted him up the mast. The whole weight of the man’s body pulled on his thumbs. Then they thrashed him with sticks with all their strength, so that the body of this miserable man was ready to perish under the severity of the horrible pain. Not satisfied as yet with this cruel torture, Captain Harrigan took kindled palm-leaves, and applied the flame unto the face of this unfortunate sailor, and burned his whole skin, beard, and hair away. Finally, after throwing chum in the water to bring the sharks in … the man was thrown into the sea with the sharks. He did not last too long.” Nya explained

“Are you done?” Red asked. Nya gave her a smile and a nod “Aye” she said in a cheerful way.

“So … we need to change the way this ship looks. I proposing we “squib” the ship” Red said with a smile.

“Squibbing ... that is clever ... but it is expensive … and must be done in secret … do you know a place?” Nya asked.

Red face lit up. “Yes … Rickety”s Squibs … It is located along the Slithering Coast not more than a few days sailing from here. He is very good and keeps his mouth shut. Plus I’m hoping we’ll be able to pick up a few more crew members” Red explained. “Comments … thoughts?” Red asked the senior staff about her plan.
 
Reaver had been quiet up till then, even when she had questioned about having Jura as the Gunners mate. He knew having the big Man (He knew he was not a real monster) would be a good idea but did not want to speak up and put himself at odds with the crew.

Now however he had a few ideas about the ship he needed to get off his chest. "At the moment Captain we are a reasonable ship, but we can be a lot better. She is sail heavy and has too many masts. A ship this size can get away with just one large sail and one mast. The added bonus would be that it would change the whole look of the ship as well. Add some oar banks for added power and movement in calm seas and you have a totally different ship. If you want to be a pirate I would cover the prow in copper or bronze to form a ram and I would definitely upgrade our balistas. At the moment they are mainly for show and only have short range capability. You want long range and have them capable of firing fire arrows and chain shot twin bolts to take down other ships rigging."

Reaver paused thinking and could see Red watching him. This was his longest speech since he had been on this ship. "You will also want grapples and boarding planks to make taking other ships easier and maybe short ladders as well as we are a low draft boat and some will be higher."

"If I think of anything else I will let you know but that is all I can think of at the moment captain. I just think it will make us a bit better as a Pirate ship and make us look totally different as well.It might cost a little more but then again you can sell off the rigging and sails we get rid of as well. They are all in good condition and Rickety is always a buy'n."
 
Red’s one eye brow lifted as she thought “Reaver said more than two words, amazing!” But it was not only the quantity of his conversation, it was also the quality. He had a series of great ideas. The grappling lines, the boarding planks, better bastistas, all good ideas. She clapped him on the back.

“Good ideas … we’ll see what we can afford. Any additional comments?” Red asked.

Jura growled “We can hide the ship, but how can we hide ourselves. Captain Harrigan knows who we are”

Red nodded “Yes … but here is how I figure it … He’ll stop getting reports from Grim. He’ll figure the ship went down in a storm, on a reef or during a battle with other pirates, or with a Cheliax pirate hunter. We’ll need to spread a few rumors to help him think that. I don’t think the men we spared” Red pointed to the Isle of Motaku where the long boat was headed. “Will talk much. Captain Harrigan would kill them for letting us take his ship so easily. So this will be just another one of those little mysteries of the sea.” Red explained.

“Until he sees us alive … and wants to ask us what happened” Nya pointed out.

“Yes … I’m planning on avoiding his regular haunts. No sense in letting him know we are alive until we are better equipped to fight him. Perhaps I can dye my hair as well” Red countered.

Jura looked down at Red’s big breasts “I don’t think changing hair color will do much.”

Red laughed as she looked at her fellow officers. “I get your point, a Cecaelia, black dragon minotaur, a fairy, and a big breasted woman with a lizard on her shoulder might stand out a bit. Ok ignore my last thought. Any other comments?” She asked. There were none. “Officer’s call over … Let’s get the Orchid of the Sea underway.” She ordered.

The small crew quickly weigh anchor and hoisted the sails. The Orchid of the Sea responded by lurking forward and Nya, at the helm, brought the ship around. The storm on the horizon had brought winds to the tropical waters and the ship was efficient at using them to propel them toward their destination.

The rest of the day was uneventful. Grim’s and One Eye’s bodies were dumped overboard. Red moved into the captain’s cabin. The other officer’s also moved into their new cabins. Jura, preferred to remain on the ballista deck, and sleep in his extra-long hammock. However, he did rip out the locked gate that used to hold him in.

Later that day, as the sun was setting, Red walked along the main deck and up to the forecastle and the bow. The wind blew through her hair as she watched the sea; this was the best part of being a free captain. Freedom. They could go anywhere they wanted. No rule, no orders … no responsibilities. Just live one day at a time.

She looked back towards the quarter deck and saw Reaver taking the helm from Nya. Reaver had always enjoyed the night watch. He also had excellent night vision, almost unnaturally too good. That made him a very good helmsman at the night. Red walked back to the quarter deck and the helm as the sun went below the horizon.

Reaver looked towards the busty red head. He nodded towards the Captain.

“Reaver … or should I call you Boatswain now?” She asked smiling. “What do you think? Do we have a chance of getting away with this mutiny?” She asked him.
 
Last edited:
Another kind of freedom!

Jabnil thought to herself "Well … I'm in trouble again. Deep trouble."

Mother Targas, head of the solar deva, went to the nearest wall and lit the torch with her finger. As the torch light pushed back the darkness. Jabnil realized she had no idea where she was. It looked like a basement on the material plane. She was pretty sure it was on the material plane. But She had no clue of anything else.

The room was empty besides Targas and herself. The edges of the room were still dark, so she could not see much. From the light of flickering torch on the wall, she saw a summoning circle in the middle part of the room. She was seated in a chair as Targas paced in front of her. This is the kind of pacing you see … just before the school principal is going to chew someone out.

Targas stood about 9 feet tall and weighed about 500 pounds. Her body appeared to be made of silver and she had three pairs of white wings on her back. She was a Solars Angel. Solars Angels are powerful champions of good. Solars have immense fighting prowess complemented by their magical greatswords, composite bows, and the like. A Solar also has many spell-like abilities and is an extra-planar being. They make sure evil does not undo mortals.

Targas and Jabnil serve Chauntea. They owe their allegiance to her and seek to spread her influence throughout the universe. Chauntea, is the Grain Goddess or the Great Mother or the goddess of life. She is the embodiment of all things agrarian or agriculture. She is the goddess of agriculture, and plants cultivated by humans, farmers, gardeners, and summer.

Targas stopped pacing and stood before Jabnil, looking down at her.

“Do you know why you have been stripped of your powers, and your form altered?” She asked in a quiet calm voice.

“I guess I just wasn't pure enough to fit in” Jabnil answered. Targas gave her a stern look. “Ok … I also bent a few of the rule from Chauntea. But I can explain … the rules seemed flawed … so I did not follow them.” Jabnil explained.

Targas just shook her head. “Rebelling against her laws … is very serious!” She clarified.

“I don’t see it that way … certainly she does not think, she is so perfect that her laws might not need some minor adjustments.” Jabnil stated with confidence.

“And you are so perfect … that you can correct them?” Targas asked.

Jabnil smiled

"Targas, it was not inconceivable that I'm in fact right. and well, someone has to fix the rules … why not me?” She answered.

Targas gave a heavy sigh and moved on “You are now basically a human with wings. You have been stripped of all but the most basic spells. You can only polymorph your wings away. You can heal as one of Chauntea’s high level clerics. If you should die … you will be reborn into another body. You will continue until the end of days, or until you have truly learned from this experience." Targas explained.

Jabnil looked at her new body. She was a beautiful female human. She was blonde, strong, and had a big pair of breasts. Her skin was flawless. She was about 5’6” tall, much smaller than her old height of 9 feet. Ahs she had only a single pair of white wings on her back.

Targas handed her a sword made from celestial silver. “This is “The Healer”” she explained. “The sword has been kissed by the earth mother herself. It has healing and plant growing powers. Use it wisely”

Jabnil looked at the blade. The edge on it was so sharp it seemed to split the very air currents blowing against it. It was medium width and straight with a cross-guard. The cross-guard had green gems embedded in it in the shape of a growing plant.

The blade itself was engraved with arcane symbols. It was an exceptional weapon.

Targas then handed her a golden sword. It was the twin of the first blade, except it was made of celestial gold and the design in the cross-guard was of the sun rising in the morning.

“This weapon is called “The Beacon” and was kissed by Lathander, god of the rising sun … and the lover of Chauntea. It can produce a power light” Targas explained.

“Be advised the swords are intelligent … and will rebel against being used on those that do not deserve to die.” Targas added.

Jabnil stood up and said “Thank you, Mother Targas” She gave Targas a hug. Her head only reaching the angels chest. “Take care of yourself and try to learn from your mistakes” Targas told Jabnil.

“Same to you …” Jabnil shot back at Targas

Mother Targas just shook her head. Then she was gone. Jabnil stood there for about 5 mins doing nothing. She just stood there … thinking. After 5 mins a huge smile broke over her face and she started to do a little dance, her white wings flapping as joy filled her!

“I’m free … FREEEEEE ….. FREE AT LAST!!!” She laughed in total excitement and exhilaration. She knew exactly what she was going to do next. Go to the nearest bar and drink! She hide her wings as she exited the small temple, she saw she was in a small village near a esturary.

There was a once grand building with broad wings extending from its ground floor infront of her. It stood at the ends of the dock area. It looked like it had once been a fine villa in its day. But the harsh sun and rain had faded its paint. A painted board hung above the veranda and had the words "Rickety's Squibs" painted on it. Jabnil headed for the building.
 
Last edited:
Reaver

Reaver looked at the Captain and smiled. None knew why he liked the night watch or just how good his night vision actually was. To him the blackest of nights still looked like the brightest of days thanks to his father. He had inherited a lot of fantastic abilities from him and if he ever found him he was going to thank him appropriately, by shoving his sword straight through his guts and chopping his damned head off.

"I think our chances are a little better than most Captain," he said answering her question. "We have a good crew and with the right type of outfitting we can change this tub enough that even it's builder would have a hard enough time recognizing it. If we stay out of the waters Harrigan likes to fish for plunder in we just might make a go of it until we build up a very decent crew. Enough that we could even take on or rival his own and he just may leave us alone. After all we don't have to sink every ship we plunder Cap'n. The secret is to try and take the really good ones intact and make them your own. Build up your own fleet like he has, only instead of ruling with fear rule wisely. Sure be harsh when it is needed. Punish transgressions swiftly but reward good work too. At least that is how I would do it," he smiled.
 
Red

Red nodded and replied “I agree … My command is going to be based upon wisdom. I know some of the crew may think that I’m weak. Some may even try to take advantage of me, but they will find out that you do not need to be cruel to rule with a firm hand. Grim’s way causes mutinies.”

She thought back to Grim. She thought back to her when she was captured on the bench at Lentel Hold. She was only 14. Grim had been the leader of the capturing party. He was more of a slaver, than a pirate back then. He had been very cruel to her. But slowly … he grew fond of her. He started to trust her. This allow her more freedom … She learned everything she could about sailing a ship. She helped with the rigging, steering, anchor detail and various other tasks. When Grim joined Captain Harrigan crew … she was brought along.

“You know Reaver … I have wanted to kill Grim almost half my life … But this morning during the fight I almost could not do it. I hesitated. I had some kind of sick perverted fondness for him. But I thought about the 40 lashes he had ordered to those two crew members for spitting into the sea. I thought of what he had done to Jura. Treating him like some kind of animal, and of the other horrible things he had done. My body took over, and I stabbed him right through the heart. I did not kill him to become Captain … I killed him because he deserved it.” Red explained.

Reaver looked at her, but said nothing. Most of the crew knew her story …. Most of them were surprised she had not killed Grim sooner. There was even a bet she'd cut off Grim's cock as well. They had all heard her screams coming from the captain’s cabin at night. And those screams had not been of joy.

“I probable have said too much.” Red continued. The sadness melted away from her face. “I agree with you. We have a fine crew. I love them all” She said chenging the subject.

Reaver commented “And some want to love you back”

Red laughed and knew what Reaver was referring to. “It has not gone unnoticed. Jura can’t keep his eyes off me. Minotaurs are horny bastards! Get it … horny and they have horns!” Red laughed.

Reaver groaned. Bad Puns … Red was known for them.

“I knew he liked me and always has. That is why I thought Nya could release him. He might eat the rest of you … but he liked me too much to do that. Well … I mean the tearing flesh from the bone kind of eating … ah not the other kind of eating. That I’m pretty sure he would like to do thst to me.” Red tried to explain.

“Anyhow, I have sworn off men for a while. No more Grims. No thank you.” Red declared.

Reaver nodded at her statement “Not all men are like Grim” he said. His comment made Red think for a long while in silence.

“On that note … I think I’ll turn in. Wake me if anything weird happens” She ordered and went back into her captain’s cabin.

Jabnil

Skimpy was not the right word for Jabnil’s outfit. It implied more clothing than Jabnil had on. She basically had almost nothing on. Thin white fabric covered her breasts. These were held in place via thin metal wire, which hung around her neck. A light purple gem near her neck and a diamond hung in the middle of her chest, between her breasts. Her total mid-section was uncovered, displaying her prefect, smooth, soft skin. Low on her waist was another decorative thin set of wires, which held the white with a slight purple tint cloth that covered her crotch and butt. Another gem, pink this time, completed the outfit and was place just above her … well you know what it was just above. Her two swords, now placed in their scabbards, hung on the sides of her hips.

As she entered the bar, the place went completely quiet. Never had any of them seen a beauty such as this. She was like an angel that had fallen … (ok you get the idea … I’ll stop now).

She went to the bar, as all the males and many of the female just stared at her with their mouths open.

“Hi … I’d like a beer” She said.

It took a second, but the bartender final shut his mouth and answered her. “Yes my lady …” he answered trying to regain his composure. He handed her the beer … in a wooden mug.

“That will be 2 copper pieces” He said.

“I forgot I have to pay for things like this …” Jabnil said.

A patron however, rescued her almost right away.

“My lady, may I pay for your drink?” A bookish man with round glasses sitting at the bar asked. He had never done something so daring before, but it seemed like the right thing to do.

“Yes … but only if you sit with me while I enjoy it” Jabnil stated. The man handed the coins to the bartender and walked with Jabnil to the far corner table. Both of them sat down as the beers were brought over by the bartender.

“My name is Jabnil” She told him. “And what is your name?”

“Abbo Woodshaper … I’m the head carpenter for the shipyard.” The geeky man replied. He had never been with such a beautiful woman before. It was hard for him to even talk to her. Meanwhile Jabnil took a big gulp of the beer.

“MMMMM that is not what I thought it would taste like.” She said and then took another big gulp.

“It tastes different, better, as I drink more” Jabnil exclaimed. Abbo had no idea what to make of this woman. She turned to look at him.

“So where am I?” She asked.

“You’re in a bar” Abbo answered.

“I know that … but where is this bar?” Jabnil asked.

“Sorry … It’s in the village that supports Rickety’s Squibs. On the slithering coast” The man replied, feeling bad he had somehow upset the beautiful woman.

“I know where that is! The slithering coast, I have flown over it before.” Jabnil said as she finished her beer. Abbo was wondering about her comment about flying over the coast. Maybe she was a witch or magical creature … or something like that.

“Can I get another?” Jabnil asked Abbo interrupting his thoughts.

Abbo waved to the bartender “Bring another beer!”

Jabnil looked at Abbo suddenly having an idea. “Do they have rum … I have heard a lot about rum. Can I try that as well?” She asked

“Ahh sure … but don’t drink too much. You might start to feel it” Abbo warned.

“I want to feel it. That is why I’m drinking it!” Jabnil said in total excitement.

An hour later, Jabnil had tried many of the drinks she had heard about. It had been great and she really loved the rum. She began to get drunk, but used a spell to clear her mind. Now she looked over to Abbo, who had explained many things to her and had been good company.

“Abbo … You are a good man. I can sense that in people. Do you want to fuck?” She asked him.

Abbo mouth fell open again. He did not know what to say. He decided to be honest “Yes, Jabnil but only if you want to as well”

Jabnil grabbed Abbo and dragged him to his feet “Abbo … when a woman asked you if you want to fuck … that means she is in the mood. Where is your place?” Jabnil asked.

“Follow me” He said as he headed for his hut. He was about to have the most amazing night of his life!
 
He knew that the moment when Red started the mutiny, that there would be vote. He also knew what position would be hanged upon him and he was not the man who wanted that amount of responsibility. So after slitting some throats on deck, he headed upwards to the crow's nest, the three sailors did try and deter him, but three thrown blades and he had the crow's nest all to himself. After dragging the bodies upon each other, he waited. He listened as Red gave her little speech, how the crew voted or even lacked to vote in some cases. He waited even longer, waiting for his chance.

And then it came, he didn't hear Red say that she would be going to the cabin, he saw her leave. He hefted the first of the bodies, grabbing hold of the back of the shirt and pants, he heaved. The body landed with a splash, immediately eyes started to rove about, then the second body landed in the water and shortly after the third. By now everybody was looking up at the crow's nest, Blade jumped out of the protective basket, over his shoulders hung the weapon belts and boots of the dead men.

"Well then, hope you didn't forget all about me." With a laugh he flung himself from the crow's nest, grabbed hold of a rigging rope, jumped nimbly to the mast, practically dropping and swinging down to the deck in record speed...of course he held the record. He dropped the weapons and boots onto the deck. "Now, I think that should come in handy." He looked at the huge creature called Jura, then glanced around the faces gathered around him, "What?"

There was no response, "Ooooh I get it! You want to know if my loyalties lies with Captain Harigan or with Red? Do you really need an answer?" There was a low grumble and almost without a word they started to drift back to their assigned tasks and for the first time since the fight, Blade found himself without a task to do.
 
The sound of the bodies hitting the water and then Blade’s arrival on the quarter deck cause Red to burst out of her cabin door.

“What in the seven seas is going?” Red exclaimed as she came out of her cabin. Then her eyes fell on Blade standing on the quarter deck with a sheepish grin on his face. “Where have you been … you jelly boned thumb suckin' crud bucket!” She yelled at him. “I was going to nominate you for the position of quarter master! This ship needs a second in command. Someone to fight the ship.”

Blade stood there grinning, almost like he knew she would nominate him and he had figure out a way to spoil her plan.

“Were you drunk on the rum again? Did you pass out?” She asked with both hands on her hips. Her shock lizard stuck its tongue out and hissed at him.
 
Dee/Flitter

Dee had headed straight for the crows nest when the meeting had broken up and to examine the rigging. She had agreed with Reavers assessment about the amount of masts and sails this tub had, and what it actually needed. In the time she had been working on the ship, she had noticed that it had taken the men an extraordinary amount of time to unfurl the sails and then to Furl them back up again. In heavy weather this was dangerous as it could rip the sails and cause the boat to veer and move dangerously.

As she moved through the rigging examining the ropes and fixtures for signs of wear and tear she noticed movement in the crows nest. Sneaking her way up to it she peered in from a distance and saw three dead bodies and the crouched body of Blade. Obviously the man was hiding but just why she didn't know. Everyone knew he was devoted to the captain and wouldn't leave her so it was strange he was up here and not by her side.

Swooping back to the deck she found Reaver and reported her discovery. He just raised his eyebrow and nodded. "Leave it for now Dee. We will see what he does but for now just keep an eye out and I will do the same."

Dee nodded and returned to her duties but kept a close eye on the nest until she heard the first splash.
 
Blade

He gave Red one of his cheeky smiles, then pointed a finger at himself, trying to look as innocent as his face allowed him to look, "Me? Drink? No of course not!" He filled his voice with innocence, you had to know him to know that he wasn't innocent. "I was merely up in the crow's nest captain, doing my duty by looking out for enemy vessels, land and sea creatures." His eyes twinkled, "I accidentally found a few men up there as well." He looked back over his shoulder towards the deck railings. "I think that if we hurry the sharks may not have eaten them...but they were quite dead when they went for their yearly baths."

He looked back at Red and dropped the act, he moved closer so that nobody could hear him, "You know that a second in command would have to look after the ship when you're not on it and you know that my position is with you, covering your back." He motioned with his head towards Jura, "I don't care if the devil himself is guarding you, I will be there when he fails. Find yourself a better man or woman to be your second Red."
 
Red

“Find yourself a better man or woman to be your second Red” Blade said quietly to Red.

Her hands moved off her hips, her anger wading. She whispered back to Blade “You would have been a great quarter master. You need to stop avoiding responsibility, the crew needed you, I needed you to be the quarter master.” She shook her head in disappointment. Then she spoke louder. “I will respect your decision. Good night”

Red turned and went back into her cabin and closed the door.

The rest of the night was uneventful and the ship made good progress toward the slithering coast. In the morning as the sun was rising, Red was back on the main deck. The storm that had been brewing the night before was nowhere to be seen. The wind and the gentle rolling of the waves were the only clues there might have been one.

She decided to go on an inspection of the ship. As she walked on the deck, she was closely watched by the sailors. She smiled as out of the corner of her eye she caught several of them whispering to their mates about their secret desires for her. Red had been around men most of her life and she knew firsthand what affect her body had on them. She also knew how to use that to manipulate them. But lust and love were two different things. She had experienced lust, she had never experienced love.

Her thoughts drifted to Blade. He had always been a good friend to her. He was like her in many ways. He was good looking, charming, with that special naughty twinkle in his eyes. When he turned on the charm, there were very few women that would say no to him. Why had they never moved beyond the friendship stage?

Grim might have been a road block. Blade could not have her, while she was Grim’s sex toy. But she did not think that explain his entire hesitance. She valued their friendship and she thought he felt the same way. Moving towards love, might ruin that. But true friends could survive that leapt to love as well. There was something else holding him back. There was something holding her back too. She had never discussed the topic with him. They were both in a dangerous line of business. Death was common in The Shackles. To love someone meant to take on the emotional responsibilities that came with their death. She did not want that. She was running from responsibility just like Blade had avoided the quarter master’s job. They were more like than she thought.

With all these thoughts of love running through her mind, she now found herself on the ballista deck. She entered to find black dragon minotaur crafting a ballista spear.

“Good Morning Gunner” She said with a smile. “May I inspect your work?”

Jura looked up, his eyes glued to her bountiful chest “Yes captain” he said.

She moved next to him. Jura was huge and all muscle. Her shoulder was pressed against his, as she looked over the point of the spear. But his shoulder did not feel like flesh, it felt like she was pressed against steel. His muscles were so firm and hard.

“This looks excellent” She said

“It is one of the few things I was taught … what else do gunner mates do?” Jura asked.

“Well Gunners operate the artillery on the ship. Soon we’ll have more than two … so you’ll need to command the team that fires the ballistas. As the master gunner … you need to watch for safety and usually you personally aim the weapons. It will take some practice perhaps after our squib we’ll set up a target and practice maneuvering the ship and firing the weapons. It would be good training for everyone aboard.”

Jura had a big smile on his face “I like to destroy things!” He said thinking about smashing and sinking the floating target.

“Ahh, sometimes that is necessary, however, most of the time pirates want to disable the other ship. You’ll need to fire at their mast, or rigging, and sometime their rudder, if it is visible.” Red explained.

“What if they have weapons, catapults or ballistas? Can I destroy them?” Jura asked.

Red patted the big minotaur on the back “Yes” She answered “You are a quick learner.” Red could see Jura duel personality peeking through. He was a minotaur, fair, brave, strong and proud, but he also had black dragon in him, the most vile-tempered and cruel of all chromatic dragons. What had caused such an odd combination?

“Jura … if you do not mind my asking, what is your history?” Red asked.

The big minotaur looked at Red. No one had ever asked him that question before. It took him a second to develop an answer. “My mother was raped by a black dragon. I’m the product of that union. I grew up hating him for that. I have vowed to kill him. However, as I searched for him in the swamps, Captain Harrigan caught me. The rest you know.”

“A black dragon is difficult monster to fight. It would be wise to train for the conflict. Ballista is an excellent weapon against your father. You might want to stay on with us for a while, to hone your skills.”

Jura nodded in agreement. Red got up smiling “Keep up the good work, Jura. You are going to make a great gunner’s mate. We’ll conduct practice training once the refit is complete.” Red commented swaying her sexy butt as she walked to leave the space.

Jura looked up to the Red, there was wetness in his eyes “Captain … thank you for talking to me. You are the first person to show some interest in me. I want to ask you for an important favor.”

Red knew this was a very serious request from the minotaur so she turned to face him again “Please ask”

“I want to be a good creature … not evil one like my father. But I don’t always know what is the right or good thing to do. Can I ask you for guidance in these situations?” Jura asked.

Red smile grew bigger “I think we all struggle with that problem. But please ask me when you are in need. Also others on this ship, Nya, Flitter, Blade, and even Reaver may provide insight as well. If you can get Reaver to talk that is!” Red offered. Jura thought about this as Red climbed the ladder to the upper decks.
 
Jabnil

"OHHHH!!" Jabnil cried out as another big orgasm rocked her very core. She tried hard to hold her position, so that Abbo's tongue could continue its contact with her pussy and clit. Muscles all over her body were firing uncontrollably; even her face was contorted in mysterious ways. The pleasure waves were intense, but finally she had to end it. She pushed Abbo head away from her crotch, as her thighs clenched, and her body twitched wildly.

"Fuuuuck!" Jabnil exclaimed in a quiet gasp. “That was amazing. I love sex, this is better than rum!”

Abbo was gasping. He had fucked her three times already and pleasured her many times between the fucks. She had used healing spells on him to keep him fucking her. The evening had been miraculous and the pleasure he had felt was so concentrated, so extreme, it had burned itself into his mind. But he could not keep doing this, it would kill him.

“Jabnil … I’m glad you like it so much, but I must get my rest” The geeky carpenter said.

Jabnil nodded “Thank you Abbo … you have been wonderful” She said and kissed him on the head. “Let’s sleep some before we do this some more!”

“Jabnil, I need to go to work tomorrow. We can have more fun in the evening.” He said.

“Abbo I’d like that … but while you are at work I’m going to try a few more things I have always wanted to try.” Jabnil told him.

“Great … have fun” Abbo said as his eyes went closed and he was sound asleep.

Jabnil looked at the sleeping man and smiled “like a threesome!” She whispered and went to sleep next to him.
 
Blade

The next day brought with it sunshine and a good breeze, Blade was in the crow's next, during the evening he had constructed a hammock and had slept up high, before sunrise he was up, scanned their surroundings and then leaned over the protective wall, watching Red as she made her rounds.

He knew that what she had said was true, he would have made a good quarter master, he had the respect if not the love of the men, he knew ships, he knew tactics and was as sneaky as any good pirate could be if not more so. But he had told her the truth as well. He had her back always, no sense in changing that now, it still rankled him that he could not save her from Grim's attentions, but she did get her own back in the end.

He kept looking down at Red, well not to look out for danger, he just had a darn good view down her top from up here
 
Amlugeth

Many years have passed since Amlugeth's village was raided and all the baby dragons and villagers were slaughtered. The big dragons and their riders were out on a mission so there was only some older soldiers left behind and they were no match to all the men who were in the raiding party. One of the baby dragons that was slaughtered had been paired with Amlugeth, they were born on the same day and when they were brought together to see if they would match it was instant love! Even though Amlugeth was just an infant when this raid happened, she knew when her dragon had been killed and she grew up feeling like a part of her was missing.

Over the years Amlugeth tried to find out who the raiders were, but no one could tell her much since those who were still alive had been gone from the village at the time. Amlugeth had been with her mother at another village visiting relatives. But last year when her mother was sick and dying she called Amlugeth to her bedside and gave her a dagger. It was pure silver and the handle was made out of bone. As Amlugeth looked closer she realized it was dragon bone! It had a picture carved into the bone but she wasn't sure what it meant. Her mother told her that this dagger was found with the baby dragons who were slaughtered, it belonged to the raiders.

"Why are you giving me this dagger mother? I want nothing of those men who killed our babies and family!" Amlugeth exclaimed.

"Amlugeth, I know you have been asking many questions over the years. I also know you want to find these raiders and bring them to justice for the atrocity they did here. This dagger will help you find them. Just promise me you will be careful and use all your skills wisely. Do not try to take on all these people at one time for you will surely lose, but if you take them one or two at a time you will be the victor. I hope when you find them and make them pay for what they did that you can then finally move on with your life and find happiness!" her mother explained.

Three days after Amlugeth's mother's death, Amlugeth set out to find the killers. She took only what she could carry in a small sack and what money they had. She put on her cloak, put her quiver over her shoulder, her daggers on her hips and the dagger her mother gave her she put in the boot of her right foot. She picked up her bow and started on her way. She went from town to town and learned bits and pieces about this raiding group. She learned that they were most likely a group of pirates that had come looking for treasure and women through many of the towns. She also learned that Slithering Coast was the best place to find pirates, so that is where she headed.

She had been sitting in a place called Rickety's Squib every day for the past week as this was a very popular place to find pirates. Last night she noticed someone who was definitely not a pirate enter the bar. She was the most breath-taking woman she had ever seen and she hardly had any clothing on her. Amlugeth thought for sure this woman was not going to leave here without the men fighting over her, but she was surprised when the woman singled out one of the local men. She was talking to him and drinking, but she didn't seem to be getting drunk. Amlugeth continued to watch her and realized that she was doing magic to keep herself sober. Even though Amlugeth did not know magic herself, she had seen others in her village use it. She continued watching the woman and the guy until they got up and left. Amlugeth stayed in her corner for a few more hours and then headed back to the room she was renting in town. No new pirates had come into town so far this week, but Amlugeth was hopeful some would show up soon!
 
Reaver

Reaver had been up all night until the sun had peeked over the horizon and he had turned over the helm to the day watch. He had steered the ship all night, but it had been a very boring night. For awhile it had looked like they may have been going to have to brace for a bit of stormy weather but it had passed them by far astern. He had stood down most of night watch and they had slept on the deck, all of them well used to the routine.

After he had been relieved he had strolled around the deck to make sure everything had been ship shape before he had turned in. He returned to his old quarters below deck in the Hold. He had created a cozy cabin for himself in one of the small storerooms that was hardly ever used and because of his reputation, no one had ever complained.

Reaver preferred the dark and this room provided that and the added bonus of solitude. The hold also had a nice place for him to practice his sword skills away from prying eyes where he could actually train to his full abilities. One of the few people that did visit him regularly down here was Dee, but he knew she would be busy this morning on her inspection of the sails and rigging. He and her were a strange pair and often got looks when they strolled around towns together, but they had been together for years and honestly sometimes the little sprite was the only one that kept him sane.

Reaver made himself comfortable in his hammock, and after making sure his sword was resting comfortably across his chest, he allowed himself to drift off to sleep.
 
Nya and Flitter

The sun was high overhead and Nya became inquisitive. She had been watching Flitter flying around the rigging tightening various lines and loosening others. Nya decide she needed to ask the fairy what she was doing. Nya turned the helm over to Fishgut, one of the older crew members.

“Just stay on this heading, this will only take a few minutes” She instructed the man. Who replied with an “Aye, Aye”

The Cecaelia moved across the deck and climb up the ratlines. It was almost fun to watch as the half human half octopus creature had so many hand/tentacle holds she climb up into the rigging with amazing speed. It was like watching a spider in its web. This brought Flitter over hovering near her.

“So what are you doing Flitter?” Nya asked the fairy, curious about her recent activities.

“Lines stretch under load so the longer lines need to be proportionally tighter than the shorter ones.” The fairy explained. “If I get it right, the ship speed will increase and there is less strain on the mast.”

“That makes sense … I had never thought about it before, but that makes perfect sense.” Nya commented as a sense of understanding crossed her face. Then Nya wondered how Flitter knew so much about rigging having just been appointed the boatswain for rigging.

“How do you know so much about rigging?” Nya asked as she tested the tension in some of the lines. The lee lines were slightly slack, while the windward in lines held the tension. Flitter had done a great job with the line tension.

“And how did you and Reaver meet?” Nya asked.
 
Jabnil

Jabnil awoke in the late morning. As she got dressed and looked around the simple hut, she found Abbo had already gone to work. He had placed a nice note on his dining table, thanking her for the night before. Jabnil ate some of the bananas and pineapples he had left out for her.

Jabnil decided she needed to explore the small village. She walked out of the hut and noticed how nice the weather was. It was a beautiful day, with clear skies. Her clothing was still skimpy, but in the tropics, it was not uncomfortable to wear so little. She walked along the main street and saw a large building with a wooden ramp that continued into the river. It was large enough to hold a ship of the line. Wooden scaffolding was erected long side the building. It was clearly a dry dock for a ship.

Jabnil heard the noise of the nearby street market and was about to head in that direction, when a large bushy-whiskered fellow with a piece of red cloth wrapped around his head approached her. She notice his outfit, which looked like that of a pirate and she also noticed the red silk sashes round his waist which held two long knives, in shark-skin sheaths.

“Avast Lassie, … You are a sight for sore eyes. I’m looking for a partner for a game of ninepin. Are ye available?” The man asked.

Jabnil smiled “I’ll play … but I do not know the rules … and is there rum involved?” Jabnil asked hopefully.

“T' game be simple, throw a ball down a lane and knock down as many pins as possible. No rum but me mates and I have a keg o' grog." The man explained.

“Sure … sounds like fun” Jabnil agreed. They headed over to the back of the dry dock house and Jabnil met the other four players. The men explained they were off duty dock workers waiting for the next ship to come in. To past the time, they played ninepin in the shade of the dry dock. The players set up the game, as Jabnil took a few practices throws. The men loved to watch her practice. She was a sight to see in her small outfit.

“I think I figured out how to throw the ball” Jabnil said “Where is this grog you speak of?” She asked

“Aye, we keep it in the river, so it stays cool” the bushy-whiskered man stated.

Two of the dock workers started pulling on a rope which was attached to the keg of grog. As the men pulled up the keg ... the rope suddenly jerked wildly, and with a scream, both men were pulled into the river.

“I’ll be a scurvy baboon!” Bushy-whiskered man yelled as he ran toward the river. Jabnil followed him, and pulled out both her swords as she did. The men in the river were screaming for help as they thrashed about in the water. There were other things in the water with them. Jabnil did not hesitate and dove in. Her silver sword flashing through the water at something she saw beneath the surface. The water turned back around where she stabbed. Behind her a man-sized creature rose up, a trident in its hand. It had scaly skin with webbed fingers and sharp fangs filled its mouth. It also had a tail, with a fin on the end and large bug like eyes that were completely black and filled with evil.

“Watch Out Missy!” Bushy-whiskered man yelled. But Jabnil did not need the warning, she simply flipped the golden sword around and stab backwards. Her sword stabbed right through the chest of the creature. Killing it dead instantly.

She grabbed the two men and pulled them to shore, where the other dock workers dragged them up on to the mud beach. Both of the men had injuries. Their hands were burned by the sudden jerking of the rope and they had trident wounds to their legs. Jabnil took the silver sword and touched their wounds, as she spoke the magical words. The wounds healed, although the workers would still need time to recover their strength, they would live.

Jabnil stood up. Her clothing had become damp from the river, which revealed her hidden magnificence. This of course, this only served to enhance her attractiveness and made it ever more evident that she was a delicious piece of womanhood. The dock workers understood their friends were safe and just stared at her with lust in their eyes. Jabnil smiled and batted her lashes at them … it charmed the three uninjuried men.

“That was some sword fighting missy! What were those things?” The bushy-whiskered man said a raging bulge in his pants.

“The water version of a shadow demon, I call them water demons” Jabnil said with a bit of disgust. She saw that her damp clothing had placed the men in an excited state. She felt bad about exciting them and not providing relief.

“Come … I think I need to help you three … calm down” she said grabbing each of them and leading them into the dry dock house. It did not take long, ten minutes later the three came back out, with Jabnil. She licked her lips clean of their seed. “I think some grog would complement your flavor.” Jabnil said laughing. The bushy-whiskered man smiled.

“Aye missy … you wait here” And he headed off to get everyone some grog.

one of the other men told Jabnil “you have healing powers … you need to see Chandra Bristlewick, she is our steward and a druid. She could use your help with healing people. It pays well” He explained. Jabnil nodded in thanks. Money was something she needed.
 
Nya and Flitter interrupted

“Sailing master …” came a call from the crow’s nest. “There’s a small boat off our port bow 15 degrees”

Nya smiled at Flitter “Duty calls … I’ll visit a bit later” Nya said to Flitter.

The Cecaelia looked in the direct Blade had called out, but saw nothing. However, she had no doubts that there was a small boat in that direction. Blade eye sight was good, very good. And in all the time she had known him, he had never been wrong. Well, except for the time he saw the mermaids ... no one else had seen them, but no matter how much ribbing they had given him … Blade said they had been there. But except for that incidence … he had always been correct.

Nya hurried down the ropes and returned to the helm. She carefully steered the ship 15 degrees to port, and within a 10 minutes she saw the small boat bobbing in the sea. It looked to be a small fishing like boat. There was a small shelter area in the forward part made from some left over wood planks. This provided shade and enough room under it for maybe two people to sleep. The boat sides seemed to be roped together. In fact the whole boat had an odd appearance; it looked like it was cobbled together out of scraps. In addition to its odd appearance, it clearly had been at sea for a long time. The sail were tattered on the edges, a sign of having been through at least one good storm. The thing was barely sea worthy.

Captain Red joined Nya at the helm as they got closer.

“Strange to see such a small fishing boat this far from a town?” Red said to Nya, wondering if this was some kind of trap.

“I think it has been at sea for a while. The thing looks to be put together by an idiot” Nya replied.

“Hmmm have you seen any people yet?” Red asked.

“No … but the tiller is tied off, so someone might be in the forward part of the boat napping.” Nya said.

“Or getting ready to cast a fireball spell at us” Red grunted. “It is like a kitten of death.”

“A what?” Nya asked.

“A kitten of death … it looks all cute and cuddly … until it suddenly attacks and kills you” Red commented.

“The things you come up with … honestly” Nya sighed to Captain Red. The cecaelia was clearly exasperated.

Red called out in a loud voice “Crew … man your battle stations! Jura ready the port ballista” She ordered. There was a rush of crew members grabbing swords and preparing for battle.

Then she hailed the small boat “Crew of the small boat off my port bow … show yourself … or we’ll blow you out of the water.” She waited in silence for a reply.
 
Last edited:
Jabnil ... gets a job?

Jabnil skipped the market and headed straight to the steward’s home. There she found the Steward, Chandra Bristlewick, who was an older human woman. Chandra was a druid and had long brown hair tied in a ponytail that revealed an older, lived-in face. Her expressive blue eyes looked down at a man’s arm, who lay on a table. She was getting ready to set the bone in the arm. It was clear the arm was broken… and the man was groaned in pain. Chandra face showed, she was not looking forward to the straightening the man's arm. Her face was also showed how weary she was having done repairs like these for many years.

Jabnil decided she had better step in.

“Chandra Bristlewick, my name is Jabnil … and I’m a healer … please allow me to heal this man” Jabnil said to the druid. Chandra looked up and gasped. The woman before her was almost naked… and extraordinarily beautiful. It was like she was some kind of angel of mercy, sent to save this man.

“Who are you?” Chandra asked slowly, her mind numbed by Jabnil’s beauty.

“Jabnil” Jabnil said smiling as she cast a healing spell which caused her hands to start to glow with a golden light. She placed her hands on the man’s broken arm and it straightened and healed within seconds.

“There … that much better don’t you think?” Jabnil asked the man. He nodded his head excitedly. “Thank you … the pain is gone … and my arm is straight again” He gasped. “How can I repay you?” He asked.

“Well … I LOVE rum and sex! Maybe you can buy me a round at the pub and then we can fuck?” Jabnil suggested.

“OH yes … you have yourself a deal!” The man said and he got up off the table. “Oh and thank you, Chandra” The man said and walked out.

Chandra still had her mouth open staring at this weird woman named Jabnil. “Where in the nine hells did you come from?” She asked Jabnil

“I’m not from the nine hells … quite the opposite. I’m a lost soul. One of Chauntea’s high level clerics trying to help the good people of our planet fight against evil.” Jabnil said only stretching the truth a little bit. “I was hoping to make a few coins healing people, I need to buy some cloths and food” Jabnil explained.

“Yes … well the job of healer is all yours.” Chandra said “And here are the coins that man paid me to fix his broken arm. You earn them” She said handing her a small bag full of coins.

“Great … if any more people need healing … they can find me at the market” Jabnil stated and strolled out of the steward’s home with a big smile on her face. The druid on the other hand, was still recovering from the shock of what just happened in her home!
 
The sound of metal clanging and rushed voices roused Luca from his dreams, bringing him back to the unfortunate reality he found himself in, trapped on a tiny boat with next to no hope of rescue and only slightly more food. Honestly he was starting to wish he had taken up that strange fish womans offer to live with her beneath the waves as her love slave, she hadn't been too bad a looker, and she had at least a coin flips chance of not being a hallucination, pretty good odds in his book.

"show yourself … or we’ll blow you out of the water.”

Luca sat bolt upright as he realized what he was hearing, the fish netting he had been using a pillow still hanging from his horns, he didn't like cannon fire when it was on his side, let alone directed towards him, so he was notably put out by this turn of events "um, one moment please." He called out, frantically trying to untangle himself from the netting so he could hide his horns with a quick illusion spell.

After a few more seconds of moving about in the makeshift little cabin of his he emerged, bleary eyed, hair in a mess, no shoes and with an untied tunic, but with all the false confidence he could muster letting him look as though the ship dwarfing his own wasn't even a problem. He stamped down on a quarterstaff laying across a raised plank, sending it spiraling rapidly in to the air, then after a slight pause jumped and kicked off his little cabin, launching himself up as well before gracefully landing on the staff as it touched down upon the boat, adding its two meters to his own height.

Now that there was only about a half meter height discrepancy between himself and his possible killers, he turned his attention to them "So then" he began, bowing to them as though at a formal event "How might the good captain Luca be of assistance to you?"
 
Red

Red watched as the half elf flew through the air and landed on the end of the quarterstaff. It was a pretty remarkable stunt. But what he did next and said was even more notable. He performed a formal bow to her and said "How might the good Captain Luca be of assistance to you?" The half elf had balls … that was for sure.

Nya, being a keen observer and scientist type, balked at his statement. “A Captain?? OF THAT?” She exclaimed in shock, pointing at the small boat with one of her tentacles. “It is more like roped together flotsam!”

Red place a hand on Nya’s shoulder “Nya … that is enough”

Red was also a keen observer, but she interpreted the facts and changed it into actionable information. This man had skills and abilities that was clear. He also had pride and needed to be treated with respect. Red bowed back at him.

“Captain Luca, I apologize but I have not heard of you before or your fine un-named vessel. However, may I be so bold as to invite you aboard? We have recently been ashore and have fresh fruit available, and some excellent rum. My officers would love to hear of your experiences and any dangers that lay ahead for us. What say you?” Red said with her most formal and highbrow voice.
 
Luca had expected a bit of skepticism to his claim of the title Captain, which was of course the absolute truth as far as he was concerned, but what he hadn't expected was its source, a reasonably attractive woman who appeared to be hiding an octopus beneath her dress for some reason, or given her peculiar ears, had the lower half of an octopus instead of legs. An odd sight either way, but far from the oddest thing Luca had seen, besides, her objection was silenced by another, presumably someone higher up the chain of command, Captain perhaps?

He regarded the new beauty as she bowed in kind to him, giving him a lovely view down her top at what Luca suspected was the cause of occasional back pain, which he, being such a gentleman, made the mental note to offer her a massage later in order to alleviate. No ulterior motives there at all. Looks aside, she did appear to be the Captain, between her voice being the one that had issued the ultimatum earlier, her calming of the strange octo-woman, and last but not least, her referring to people as her officers, dead give away that one.

"I would be delighted to take you up such a kind offer" Luca replied, keeping up the formal charade for now "I'll just be a moment gathering my things" He stepped backwards, falling elegantly down on to his boat an catching his staff before it fell in to the sea, then grabbing a nearby coil of rope tied off to the bow. "Would you be so kind as to have one of your people moor my boat for me?" he asked as he threw the rope up to what could easily become his captors if he wasn't careful before quickly scurrying back in to the little cabin to get properly dressed.

It didn't take long before he was clambering up the side of their ship with a bag over his shoulder and his staff in one hand, now looking wide awake, far cleaner, and now that he realized it, far wealthier, which was a potentially bad plan if these fellows turned out to be pirates. He crested the side of the ship and smiled as he planted his boots firmly on deck, the knowledge that this ship wasn't likely to fall apart if he stamped too hard putting him at ease.

"Lovely ship you have here" he remarked as he looked over his surroundings, noting some of the more prominent members of the crew, and some of them were definitely prominent to say the least. "Well then" he held out his free hand to the woman he was still amusing was Captain "a pleasure to be aboard Captain..." he looked her in the eyes as he waited for her to finish the sentence and tell him her name, he wanted to be looking slightly lower down thanks to that bow of hers earlier, but was unsure as to how stabby she was, so he stuck to the eyes.
 
Back
Top