The "Let's All Nag Angeline to Finish NaNoWriNo" Thread

*wonders whether to change av*

:devil:

Please don't. I'm one of the straightest girls I know and I find it boobablicious!

Must go write, write, write. :D

:heart:

ETA: 15,462 and I'll write more tonight. Ticky tick tick.

Last edited:
Nag, nag nag, like an old Jewish mother waiting for you to FINALLY marry a 'nice' Jewish boy.

Please don't. I'm one of the straightest girls I know and I find it boobablicious!

Must go write, write, write. :D

:heart:

ETA: 15,462 and I'll write more tonight. Ticky tick tick.
your little fingers will be nubs by the time this is done. go gurl *oh yeah, oh yeah*

Nag, nag nag, like an old Jewish mother waiting for you to FINALLY marry a 'nice' Jewish boy.
*snerk*

*sets up webcam to watch and sound the alarm if she falters*

Here's my stats, officer. :kiss:

Stats
Today's Stats
Words Written Today: 2737
Words to Write until 1667: 0
Suggested Daily Word Count: 1667
Cumulative Word Count: 16638

Total
Current Day: 8
Suggested Cumulative Word Count: 13334
Average Words per Day: 2080
At This Rate You Will Finish On: Nov 25
Days Remaining: 22
Words to Write Until 13334: 0
Total Words Remaining: 33362
Words per Day to Finish on Time: 1517

Oy vey.

Last edited:
Here's my stats, officer. :kiss:

Stats
Today's Stats
Words Written Today: 2737
Words to Write until 1667: 0
Suggested Daily Word Count: 1667
Cumulative Word Count: 16638

Total
Current Day: 8
Suggested Cumulative Word Count: 13334
Average Words per Day: 2080
At This Rate You Will Finish On: Nov 25
Days Remaining: 22
Words to Write Until 13334: 0
Total Words Remaining: 33362
Words per Day to Finish on Time: 1517

Oy vey.
Very nice, so far. Talk to me again in two weeks, Missy.

It gets harder as it gets closer to the end. Just sayin'.

And, where the &%#*^ hell is Remec? He's not taking underage girls out in souped-up cars and smoking cigarettes again, is he?

Dammit!

Effin' juvie.

Very nice, so far. Talk to me again in two weeks, Missy.

It gets harder as it gets closer to the end. Just sayin'.

And, where the &%#*^ hell is Remec? He's not taking underage girls out in souped-up cars and smoking cigarettes again, is he?

Dammit!

Effin' juvie.

I know. I shudder now when I look at the computer in the morning, but once I start writing it's not bad. I can see how people get totally crazed doing this.

This morning I'm at 17,772 and I plan to crack 18k (at least) later on today. I find that I'm writing in two chunks a day; a big one in the morning and a slightly smaller one in the late afternoon in between cooking. The outline is helping a lot and the plot is going strong. So far.

ETA: If I finish this, I am so getting the t-shirt! :D

Last edited:
ok silly question time ...... Will you know when it's finished? I've read books (and poems) that go on far past what I would consider the end, so will you be fiddling around wondering should I put this that and the other in it?

ok silly question time ...... Will you know when it's finished? I've read books (and poems) that go on far past what I would consider the end, so will you be fiddling around wondering should I put this that and the other in it?

Well I know my plot, its main events and the way it ends--that makes for a great guideline. I started by writing the last sentence first (so I could always refer back to it and stay grounded on what I'm aiming toward) and then I began the first chapter. I know that the final outcome will likely have three sections with 5-7 chapters per section. That is keeping me on track, too, so far.

Otoh I know I'm writing a lot of crap and sometimes go on way too long, but I don't care about that for the contest. I think the bigger challenge for me is to try to finish a first draft, or come close to it. I know I can write 50k words but I don't want to go totally off the wall and end up with like three workable chapters.

Tzara was right: it's really hard. But it's also exhilarating.

Otoh I know I'm writing a lot of crap and sometimes go on way too long, but I don't care about that for the contest. I think the bigger challenge for me is to try to finish a first draft, or come close to it. I know I can write 50k words but I don't want to go totally off the wall and end up with like three workable chapters.
Writing 50,000 words is not hard. Or not very hard. Writing something meaningful and coherent (and that extended) is hard.

If you can do a reasonable first draft of a novel and come in at 48,000 words, well God bless you. That would be a major success.

That NaNo stuff is just contest. I'm assuming you don't want just contest.

So make your own goal, which I assume is a first draft. If it's 50K words, cool. If it's not, well, you make your goal and miss the T-shirt.

Which you can probably buy anyway.

Writing 50,000 words is not hard. Or not very hard. Writing something meaningful and coherent (and that extended) is hard.

If you can do a reasonable first draft of a novel and come in at 48,000 words, well God bless you. That would be a major success.

That NaNo stuff is just contest. I'm assuming you don't want just contest.

So make your own goal, which I assume is a first draft. If it's 50K words, cool. If it's not, well, you make your goal and miss the T-shirt.

Which you can probably buy anyway.

No, you are correctamundo. I don't care so much about the contest (though it's a great motivator, and I DO want the tshirt--or mebbe the mug--but not if I don't finish). I want to write a meaningful first draft of a novel. I think that it will go at least 20k over the "contest" by the time I am done, which will probably not be November 30. But I do expect to get at least three quarters of the way there, which would make me very happy. What is most important at this point is that the plot works and it's all basically thematically connected, which so far it is (imho).

In other news I am either at 18.5K or 19.5K depending on whether I use the count I get from Word or the one from YWriter, the free downloaded program into which I cut and paste and have my outline, character and location lists, notes, etc. Ywriter claims to only count text, so I know the extra K is not from the outline, but what gives? And neither of them are the official counter NaNoWriMo uses when you upload! And that's not even available until the 25th. I've been using the conservative lower count as my official one to be on the safe side. But I wish I knew which one was closer to what I'll get when I do the upload. Color me ------> :confused:

do we get to read it?

Maybe after I edit it for the first time, if you really want. :D

But here's a short excerpt. One I picked just for Lit!

Joey wasn’t a big talker about his carnal romps with Dee; he wasn’t a big talker about much of anything. But he was not above dropping some advice on his buddy Rick. It was, after all, an important way in which he could best his friend. He occasionally offered nuggets of information in the form of advice about what women like that Rick might want to use in the war he was waging on Marta’s virginity. It never occurred to either boy that what Dee liked was unknown and potentially frightening to a virgin like Marta, at least it was for now. Still, it was with Joey’s encouragement that Rick had talked Marta into putting her lips on the head of his penis. “Just get her to do it once. She’ll kiss it once,” Joey had informed Rick. “And once she’s willing to kiss it ask her to French it, just once.” Thus Rick had had some success and high hopes.

It's not edited yet. Just sayin.

Last edited:
I know. I shudder now when I look at the computer in the morning, but once I start writing it's not bad. I can see how people get totally crazed doing this.

This morning I'm at 17,772 and I plan to crack 18k (at least) later on today. I find that I'm writing in two chunks a day; a big one in the morning and a slightly smaller one in the late afternoon in between cooking. The outline is helping a lot and the plot is going strong. So far.

ETA: If I finish this, I am so getting the t-shirt! :D
Nano may be about word counts - good stories and poetry are not about word counts though ... what counts is that you are so completely satisfied by what you've accomplished at the end of it all. Whether you think it or not, Ang, you are a winner just because you entered the contest and the rest of us lazy asses didn't. :kiss:

Nano may be about word counts - good stories and poetry are not about word counts though ... what counts is that you are so completely satisfied by what you've accomplished at the end of it all. Whether you think it or not, Ang, you are a winner just because you entered the contest and the rest of us lazy asses didn't. :kiss:

I'm looking forward to being a lazy ass again beginning December first. :D

21,327!

I'm looking forward to being a lazy ass again beginning December first. :D

21,327!
That's nice. December first is quite some ways away.

Till then, I expect those (newly) Carolinian fingers to be tapping out prose like nobody's business. Or, at least, like somebody's business. Like, maybe a novelist's.

Oh, fine. Carry on.

Remec? *tap tap tap* Remec? Hey. You there?

23,428 and my back is stiff from sitting so I'm taking a break. But I will crack 24k today.

Tzara, my dear poet, you are really helping with your nagging. A lot. I prefer chip's cheering lol but I love your reality checks. I realize sooner or later this month a day will hit when I can't write (or won't feel like I can). As of now I need to write 1,399 words a day to finish on time. I think I can do it and I think I can get that number down to under a thousand a day over the next week.

Is Annie filming this? <looks around suspiciously>

weary :kiss: to you all

Back