What's cookin', good lookin'? Part II

Avocado pasta I have never had! Just, avocado and pasta?

I keep wanting to cook more with avocado, but I love them so much they don't make it to recipes, I just want to eat them raw. :eek:

Basically just avocado and pasta. Avocado, a bit of garlic and lime juice, blitz into paste if you have the energy or just cube the avocado and grate the garlic if you're lazy like I am. Add chopped chili, herbs (I used cilantro and parsley) and chopped spring onion. Season, dump in the cooked pasta and stir. You can also add whatever vegetables you want.

That sounds Delicious. I am definitely trying that soon. :rose:

It is good. If you blitz the avocado, it becomes really creamy too. I usually prefer just cubing it, because it means less dishes to wash. This way you can make it straight on the plate you eat it from.

I forgot the pasta cooking water from the recipe above. So add a little cooking water at least if you haven't made the paste. It makes the pasta a bit less dry, it definitely doesn't need any oil though.

I'm making chamomile tea with dried pineapple, and I'm proud of myself. :)

I'm sure a chef like me could butcher avocado pasta better than anyone, but I like hearing how many mistakes I can make. I don't have "The Food Network"!

Last edited:
Today is a mix of leftovers plus bean sprout soup and quick pickled cucumber. Soup, rice (with natto), potato salad, asparagus, and the cucumber. It's a weird mash up of things I needed to finish off. :D

No, they are like brussel sprouts but instead of the tightly coiled little leafs there are dark green and purplish, kale-like leaves. They taste much milder than brussel sprouts, more like kale and are really beautiful to look at.

The kids and I love brussel spouts with a passion, but my husband doesn't. These he did like though, so yay!

We had the flower sprouts for Christmas lunch. Kale like I think is a good description. They are very beautiful, but it have to admit I prefer the taste of normal sprouts, which I love. I must check the freezer to see if we have any sprouts left in fact.

Today is a mix of leftovers plus bean sprout soup and quick pickled cucumber. Soup, rice (with natto), potato salad, asparagus, and the cucumber. It's a weird mash up of things I needed to finish off. :D

Bean sprouts, that's more the kind of sprout I was thinking of. In case nobody has every seem them (I hadn't) the sunflower sprouts are more like bean sprouts, but they are heartier and they are green.

Oh I know im going to get booed and hissed at but I had Breakfast for dinner tonight. Scrambled eggs, thick cut bacon, hash browns, grilled bagels and a nice fruit salad. made at home not a restaurant. Yumm

Basically just avocado and pasta. Avocado, a bit of garlic and lime juice, blitz into paste if you have the energy or just cube the avocado and grate the garlic if you're lazy like I am. Add chopped chili, herbs (I used cilantro and parsley) and chopped spring onion. Season, dump in the cooked pasta and stir. You can also add whatever vegetables you want.

This sounds ridiculously good. I'm putting it on my list of things to try, too. :)

Oh I know im going to get booed and hissed at but I had Breakfast for dinner tonight. Scrambled eggs, thick cut bacon, hash browns, grilled bagels and a nice fruit salad. made at home not a restaurant. Yumm

Why would you think that?
Now had you come in here and said you had goldfish and Skittles, or some such :rolleyes: yeah. Boo hiss. But home made breakfast for dinner? Bravo! :)

Last edited:

I much prefer those things at dinner. I generally don't like to make that much effort in the morning. Same goes for pancakes and french toast. That's night time food around here. :)

Breakfast for supper is often a good choice. :).

Though I am going to go and be like goldilocks and have my porridge in a moment. With more enthusiasm for seeing lyricalli here:rose:

Hello, sweet woman. I saw cooking and stumbled in. :)

Why would you think that?
Now had you come in here and said you had goldfish and Skittles, or some such :rolleyes: yeah. Boo hiss. But home made breakfast for dinner? Bravo! :)

You rang?
We didn't do much better. Canned chili and boxed corn bread. I did make the cornbread in a cast iron skillet and top it with some cheese before baking, though.

You rang?
We didn't do much better. Canned chili and boxed corn bread. I did make the cornbread in a cast iron skillet and top it with some cheese before baking, though.

That is still a thousand times better than McDonald's :)

I made a vanilla cake yesterday, cut it in half and added a jam layer, whipped some cream for the top, added a layer of mint and sugar macerated strawberries and drizzled the whole thing in chocolate.
Nom nom nom...

tumblr_o3f8uzgsmh1ttoj3bo1_400.jpg

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with brown rice was on the menu last night.

Back