Congratulations Heyall!

Wow Heyall. Congratulations.:heart:

And thx Lovecraft. I had no idea there was a list like that. Now I know how far I have to go ...... dwarfed by giants, that's me :D

Wow Heyall. Congratulations.:heart:

And thx Lovecraft. I had no idea there was a list like that. Now I know how far I have to go ...... dwarfed by giants, that's me :D

Its a lot harder to get on these days. When I first made it into the bottom spot it was only with 400 or so favs. Now the last spot is almost 1500

Lit used to limit how many favorites a reader could have so they had to pick and choose. Once they let up on that the numbers have gotten a lot gaudier.

Congrats!

Not even sure how many I’ve got. Four, maybe.

Thanks! I'll reach #4 in 2 months or less.

Congratulations! That's very impressive. I should just about claw my way on to the list about then. Only 246 positions to go at that point! Look out. LOL.

I have a question about this list: when did following an author start? Has it been around since the beginning of Literotica or did it start later? I noticed several of the authors near the top of the list didn't start writing until the site had been around for 10 years.

I have a question about this list: when did following an author start? Has it been around since the beginning of Literotica or did it start later? I noticed several of the authors near the top of the list didn't start writing until the site had been around for 10 years.

That list has been around for many years. "Favorite Author" has simply morphed into "Followers". As LC said, the number of people you could list as a favorite author used to be restricted. Those restrictions were slowly expanded, until it reached the point of being either infinite, or nearly so now. Thus, authors from back in the day who no longer write don't have the benefit of attracting new followers in large numbers. Active authors can easily pass them.

How are you keeping track?

The new control panel lists everyone's number of followers. You can even delve down and see every single one of them, if you wish. That's how I cross-referenced mine quite some time ago to see that only a relatively small percentage of my three readerships intersect.

https://literotica.com/my/#/followers

It also tells you how many other people each of your followers is following, how many submissions they have, and whether anyone follows them.

Last edited:
That list has been around for many years. "Favorite Author" has simply morphed into "Followers". As LC said, the number of people you could list as a favorite author used to be restricted. Those restrictions were slowly expanded, until it reached the point of being either infinite, or nearly so now. Thus, authors from back in the day who no longer write don't have the benefit of attracting new followers in large numbers. Active authors can easily pass them.

The new control panel lists everyone's number of followers. You can even delve down and see every single one of them, if you wish. That's how I cross-referenced mine quite some time ago to see that only a relatively small percentage of my three readerships intersect.

https://literotica.com/my/#/followers

It also tells you how many other people each of your followers is following, how many submissions they have, and whether anyone follows them.

Thanks!

I keep using the old version. I'll have to log into the new one and poke around.

Using the search bar on the Works page also lets you more quickly check multiple stories. Start typing, and it starts narrowing down. Backspace, type something else, and narrow down to a different story.

Not quite as fast as the old control panel for a single story check, where you could scroll to it, hit refresh, and it would load up in the same position every time you tapped the button. Great for tracking multiple recent stories, though.

Click the download button on the Works page, and you can download all your stats in a delimited CSV file as well. Open it in Excel, find the part in the menu that formats it according to the delimiter, and you have an instant spreadsheet of all your stats, including favorites, which aren't listed in the old control panel at all.

( Still has a little bug with titles that contain commas, but you can fix that by replacing the comma with a dash or something before doing the format )

Once I got used to it, I abandoned the old control panel completely.

Thanks!

I keep using the old version. I'll have to log into the new one and poke around.

Thus, authors from back in the day who no longer write don't have the benefit of attracting new followers in large numbers. Active authors can easily pass them.

The obvious way to add followers is to keep publishing stories, especially stories in popular categories, but it's also true that having lots of followers nets one still more followers, presumably because readers scan the favorites lists of the authors they've favorited, read the stories of the favorited authors, and then add those authors to their own favorites lists.

I was curious about this list and tracked it over the last month. Tx Tall Tales, who is number 2 on the list, hasn't published a story since 2017, but in the last 10 days he's picked up 44 new followers. That's remarkable. I've published 4 stories so far in 2018, some of which have done pretty well, and I'm not picking up followers at anywhere near that pace (that's not a complaint). There is a certain element of "the rich get richer" in terms of picking up followers, which is why unless an extremely dedicated author starts publishing popular incest stories on a daily basis no one is ever going to catch Silkstockingslover, whose total followers are nearly twice those of the number two author on the list.

The obvious way to add followers is to keep publishing stories, especially stories in popular categories, but it's also true that having lots of followers nets one still more followers, presumably because readers scan the favorites lists of the authors they've favorited, read the stories of the favorited authors, and then add those authors to their own favorites lists.

I was curious about this list and tracked it over the last month. Tx Tall Tales, who is number 2 on the list, hasn't published a story since 2017, but in the last 10 days he's picked up 44 new followers. That's remarkable. I've published 4 stories so far in 2018, some of which have done pretty well, and I'm not picking up followers at anywhere near that pace (that's not a complaint). There is a certain element of "the rich get richer" in terms of picking up followers, which is why unless an extremely dedicated author starts publishing popular incest stories on a daily basis no one is ever going to catch Silkstockingslover, whose total followers are nearly twice those of the number two author on the list.

In the case of someone like TTT he has a bunch of top list stories and being that high on the list helps too.

I hadn't put a story out since March 2017 and was still getting favorites on a daily basis for some of the same reasons.

In fact I still show up on the 1/7/30 day lists for incest authors even though I've had nothing new in forever because my old stuff still gets views.

And followers are a little over rated in the sense that say you have a thousand...none of your stories get votes from all of them, in fact sad few vote. And in the case of someone like me who has been around awhile I'm sure a good portion of those followers aren't active anymore. They drifted away, but never removed the account.

Being on that list, much like being on any other toplist, is a draw in and of itself. Being in the top 20 even more so. TTT also has quite a few high-ranking stories on the hubs, I believe. Anything that hits the hall of fame on a hub continuously generates readership at a solid clip.

I know almost instantly when I've been bombed out of or popped back into the Hall of Fame from a glance at my recent activity.

Unlike most of the other toplists, the favorite author list is not so quick and easy for people to manipulate, either. Sure, they can create multiple emails and multiple sock-puppet accounts to boost themselves or their favorites, but that's nowhere near as instant as the effect of a 1-bomb. That can knock you out of a score toplist, and slam the brakes on your advancement up the views list with one click.

Being on that list, much like being on any other toplist, is a draw in and of itself. Being in the top 20 even more so. TTT also has quite a few high-ranking stories on the hubs, I believe. Anything that hits the hall of fame on a hub continuously generates readership at a solid clip.

I know almost instantly when I've been bombed out of or popped back into the Hall of Fame from a glance at my recent activity.

Unlike most of the other toplists, the favorite author list is not so quick and easy for people to manipulate, either. Sure, they can create multiple emails and multiple sock-puppet accounts to boost themselves or their favorites, but that's nowhere near as instant as the effect of a 1-bomb. That can knock you out of a score toplist, and slam the brakes on your advancement up the views list with one click.

Pretty much how Scouries is still in the top ten despite no stories for about six years and he's not on any hall of fame lists, at least not anywhere on the first pages.

I have a story in first time from the Earth day 2014 contest that is still getting several comments a week and a lot of favs so those lists do work.

Holly Jolley got knocked down .01 yesterday, and I didn't even have to look at the score to know it. No new favorites overnight told me before I blinked over to see it had dropped, which pushed it out of the Hall of Fame.

It's happened a half dozen times since the contest ended. In a little while, that highly contested toplist will get swept, and I'll probably pop back in there again. The favorites ticking back up will let me know long before I look at the score or the hub.

Back