Is it insane?

mighty_hung

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Nov 5, 2012
Posts
368
To get an emotional bond with someone you've never met face to face, just from talking?
 
Don't think it is insanity, bonds can be formed in many ways, spoken , written enjoy it while it lasts...
 
Why should it be insane? Emotional connections aren't necessarily physical. Problem with online connections is that there's just a teeny tiny chance that maybe........just maybe........the person that you think you know.........and again I'm only saying maybe........that person may not be the person you think they are.

IF your emotional connection has zero chance of ever becoming anything other than online, no chance whatsoever that it would become a physical relationship then my opinion is enjoy the time you spend chatting with this person and don't spend a lot of time worrying about it. It's nice having a friend somewhere that you can relate to and share thoughts with.

Having said that, our minds have a funny way of working. Sometimes we make this emotional bond and then we need to take it further. We need to meet the person on the other end. Could be just to see their smile or sit and talk and laugh or perhaps another part of our brain kicks in and we have other thoughts. IF this happens and those thoughts turn to the :)devil:) variety, then please refer back to the first paragraph.
 
I don't think that the emotional connection is insane at all.

But be cautious.

The internet has opened up so many more worlds for us, but it has done the same for mean and nasty people too. Just keep perspective on what you have and where you found it.

The emotional connection hurt the most when they cease to exist.
 
Yes. It happened with me once. We don't talk anymore as we both agreed it wouldn't go anywhere.
 
Back
Top