The Red Dragon Tavern

near the fireplace would be nice actually and white wine is all i want to drink if you have any. [takes gloves off feeling peaceful]
 
Please give a minute. I just realized I do not have a wine list posted. If you would like some thing to eat please check out post #1. I will be back shortly with the wine list.
 
alright. i would just like the crab bisque. i like crab and shrimp but spicy stuff is not my thing.
 
I'm sorry I don't see a crab bisque on our menu.


We have a Lobster bisque or Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
a blend of cheeses, sherry and aromatics or Shrimp Scampi
sauteed with fresh garlic, butter, Chardonnay and aromatics


also I'm very sorry, I found the wine list it is posted on Post # 3 on the bottom.
 
Last edited:
Ok we gat our first delivery of hard liquors in. We have a limited service. Al though I have been told that we should be up to normal supply by Groundhog day. (not including specialty drinks).
 
Jack-o-attack

This morning we got our shipment of Jack Daniels. I see no reason not to start moving on our plan to intergrate hard liquor into our service area.

At this point I think it would be a good idea to remind all my time traveling patrons of the 100 year rule. Now there seems to be some debate about when Mr. Jack Daniels was born. None the less it is clear that he took control to the distilling trade as a teenager. So with come comfort I mark 1865 as the resonable date of earlist production.

So with this in mind sales of Jack Daniels will be limited to those patrons from 1765 and after.
 

Attachments

  • jack-o-attack-line.jpg
    jack-o-attack-line.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3
Ground Hog Day Special Today and Tomarrow

A Ground Hog
Sweet vermouth
Lemon wedge

Fill a double old-fashioned cocktail glass with ice. Pour the vermouth, stir and twist lemon over the glass. Serve with the lemon twist as garnish.




All time travelers, Regarding Lounge 100 year rule: See historic note below and please abide by it.

Historical note:The name "vermouth" is the French pronunciation of the German word Wermut for wormwood that has been used as an ingredient in the drink over its history. Fortified wines containing wormwood as a principal ingredient existed in Germany around the 16th century. At about this time an Italian merchant named D'Alessio began producing a similar product in Piedmont as a "wormwood wine". By the mid-17th century, the drink was popular in England under the name "vermouth" which has been the common name for the beverage until the present day.( taken from Wiki)
 
Groundhog

OCC:

HAD one in a Bar to night

Bartender never heard of the drink. I had to tell her how to make it!

All together too easy! And it did not taste bad, at all.

BUT $6.00 for a shot of vermouth and a wedge of lemon?

I did enjoy the Super Bowl!
 
In the back office.

I need a plan for the weekend. I have all this booze and beer and wine. Ground hog day has come and gone.
 
Saint Colette Day

Saturday is Saint Colette Day.


We must faithfully keep what we have promised. If through human weakness we fail, we must always without delay arise again by means of holy penance, and give our attention to leading a good life and to dying a holy death. May the Father of all mercy, the Son by his holy passion, and the Holy Spirit, source of peace, sweetness and love, fill us with their consolation. Amen."

All wine 1/2 off menu price.


NO Time traveler limits for wine.
 
VALENTINES DAY DANCE


History Rules sespended for Saturday 14th (ONLY)

History note: NO Gun Play Gansters (no 1929 shoot outs)
 
2016 Early Notice

VALENTINES DAY DANCE


History Rules sespended for Sunday February 14th (ONLY)

History note: NO Gun Play Gansters (no 1929 shoot outs)



YES. The dew Drop Inn is closed for the Winter.

I will posting here for Winter Activities.
 
Last edited:
The Groundhog!

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY

Bartender never heard of the drink. I had to tell her how to make it!

All together too easy! And it did not taste bad, at all.

BUT $6.00 for a shot of vermouth and a wedge of lemon?
 
VALENTINES DAY RULES

The dance starts 7:00 pm.

History Rules suspended for Sunday February 14th (ONLY)

History note: NO Gun Play (Gangsters) (no 1929 shoot outs)

All 1920's and 1930's drinks 1/2 off.

Wear 1920's or 1930's era costume and get in FREE

All Red Wine 1/2 off.

Candy give away, door prizes.

Free B/W movies in back room. (Public Enemy 1931 and Angels with Dirty Faces 1938 Both Jimmy Cagney movies)

Movies start at 8:00 pm.
 
Saint Joseph Calasanz day(September 11, 1556 – August 25, 1648)

He was deeply concerned with the need for education of poor children.

All drinks half price.
 
Oh yes the matter of the small and the weak how is this your concern?From the look of the company you keep I must agree is a concern.
 
Drinks, libations its all or nothing the bottom of an empty glass the stare of a stranger kind sir would you choose a wine of distinction a wood oak flavor if you please I am in no hurry.
 
wine for the lady

Sure, fine wine for lovely lady.

I pick a saint out now and then. There are so few that come through the door.
 
A vision I see before my eyes thank you kind sir, perhaps what board of fare you may have something nice a slice of heaven on a china plate.(looks up and smiles) oh and in case I disgrace myself with too much indulgence perhaps some cosy lodgings would be in order.
 
New England Lobster Bisque garnished with fresh lobster meat $10

New England Lobster Bisque
garnished with fresh lobster meat.

Its the best deal in town. A bottle of wine.

And a room, nothing but the best, 902 over looks the lake.
 
Sounds divine yes I will have it but for one simple request you dine with me I want to know more of the history of this place the adventures locked with in the walls (Points to a picture on the wall of a hunter holding a scruffy looking lion) Who is that and why is he not smiling?.did he not bag his trophy? or just not the one he was gunning for.
 
Black Angus New York Sirloin choice of: sherried mushrooms & Spanish onions apple

I will join you, I'll have the Black Angus New York Sirloin with both sherried mushrooms & Spanish onions and apple wood smoked bacon & Vermont cheddar normally they are two separate items, but what the hell I run the place.

{pause}


The back story of the Red Dragon Tavern. Long ago there was a writers thread called Ancient Sites. it started about 1996 and died about 2000. Now there is no hint of it on the web at this time. There are refugee writers that can be found here and there. I have mentioned it time to time when I write about my pirate character Andrew Sinclair Brightwell. Any way, the tavern was owned by the prime character Franko Hodgers. He was the CEO of FGS. And The Red Dragon on the Water was part of his Neiw Amsterdam business empire. So that is where the name comes from, the old FGS empire.

Since moving here back in 2006 and later starting this thread, I thought that since many of my characters were spread all over time. I needed a place for time travelers to come and rest.


As for the painting you refer too. Well that is Claud Mc Fee he shot the lion with a laser rifle and was arrested by the time police for illegal weapon usage in a time warping. A bad business.
 
Hmmmmmmm not one for mindless violence.I enjoy more of what makes a girl desirable,
Take this place filled with wayfarers of all kinds from noble folk to down and out nefarious
the world has become reckless endanger of turning toxic good food, great company and no threats a perfect night for dancing, romancing and fun.

(stands adjusting her corset takes the hosts hand leads him to the dance floor)

This is living a girl a guy and some music (kisses him on the lips slow and gentle)

(MUSIC BEGINS)
 
(Music)
(Slow dancing cheek to cheek)
Since I write in so many worlds and story lines its a challenge to be a nasty MF one minute and then a nice guy the next. But for you, yeah I can do it!
(dancing slowly)

Oh and my food is not toxic, sweetie. Filling, some times fattening yes, never toxic.

Did you see the tavern rules? If not I'll redisplay them.

TIME TRAVELERS RULES
1)NO Inter time line shifting in Tavern
2)NO Kidnapping to other periods of time
3)NO Future Talk-ie don't tell some they are going to loose a war or a planet or their great leader dies
4)Do not order drinks from out side your time period (more then 100 years). ie: no rum runner for patrons from before 1908.
 
in case I disgrace myself

There is no disgrace in a time shifter tavern. You can get as shit faced as you like or stay as sober as a judge. Either way, I'll be happy to escort you up to room 902 when your ready. I could stay or go, what ever you desire.
 
Back
Top