The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Winter Holidays Contest Support Thread

I should note, I guess, that I don't get many vicious or negative comments on my Lit. stories.

ah, so you're sext sadie, the saucy seductress from shrewsbury! :eek: 0779 876 546

I knew a Sadie, she was fucking filthy in mind and deed. Loved it up the arse, but had the habit of leaving shit on the towels.

I once had to save her from a very rich and powerful man. I only tell the story when I'm very drunk and everyone around me is too, otherwise I'm sure his solicitors (or worse) would have tried to shut me up by now.

Wouldn't surprise me if she was the same one.

Last edited:
*sticks head above parapet*

BANG!

Whhhhhhheeeeeee.....kaBOOOOOM!!!

POW! SPLaaaAAAT!

*ducks back down again, dazed and confused*

*sticks head above parapet*

BANG!

Whhhhhhheeeeeee.....kaBOOOOOM!!!

POW! SPLaaaAAAT!

*ducks back down again, dazed and confused*

Sounds like the rich guy's solicitors paid a visit and brought field artillery.
You (or we) weren't drunk enough when you posted that.

Sounds like the rich guy's solicitors paid a visit and brought field artillery.
You (or we) weren't drunk enough when you posted that.

Nah, my story got posted. It's not going down too well in certain quarters. :rolleyes::D

Nah, my story got posted. It's not going down too well in certain quarters. :rolleyes::D

BTW, RedZ, did you mention you liked rugby men?
A certain blooper-prone former All Black and Sky colour commentator who used to sport a great mustache is a bit of a family friend.

I finally posted mine. It's a sad tale in non-erotic. I'm pleasantly surprised how well it's doing in both views and votes.

Just submitted mine. Hoping it will be up tomorrow, but being a holiday that may not happen.

Had a couple of different ideas for this and what ended up being the winning bunny was a Lesbian first time story.

Nothing flashy, but I think its a fun story.

BTW, RedZ, did you mention you liked rugby men?
A certain blooper-prone former All Black and Sky colour commentator who used to sport a great mustache is a bit of a family friend.

Tell him about my books in my sig if he'd like to read some proper rugby-based fiction please. ;)

Or ask him to come by and say 'hullo' next time he's in SW London!

No snow. *sigh* No excuse not to go out and rake leaves. *sigh*

I was upset about no snow as well....had there been snow my mother in law and her entourage wouldn't have been able to come down from Boston.

Think I'd have had a better time raking leaves than listening to four hours of them talking about food and how could my wife didn't marry a good Italian boy.

I think I may actually get something in for this. I started to write a light and fun Christmas story. Daddy and twin daughters are snowbound on Xmas Eve. Yeah. Seems obvious but I don't see it done before. The twins are brainiacs with naughty altar-egos who come out once in a while. Why not? I'll be submitting it anyway.

My story is proceeding very slowly. It's at 11,000 words but needs another 5,000.

My story is proceeding very slowly. It's at 11,000 words but needs another 5,000.

I swore mine was cutting off at eleven. Three lit pages, that was it!

So of course it finished at about 20k

Now I'll lie to myself about the next one.

UGH! Is anyone else getting bombed by 1's. I keep telling myself not to enter contests. I tell myself it doesn't matter. I tell myself not to check the number of votes and the score every few minutes. Someone please tell me I am not alone in this obsessive behavior so I don't feel like a complete moron.

I can't decide if I write because I am a narcissist or a masochist.

UGH! Is anyone else getting bombed by 1's. I keep telling myself not to enter contests. I tell myself it doesn't matter. I tell myself not to check the number of votes and the score every few minutes. Someone please tell me I am not alone in this obsessive behavior so I don't feel like a complete moron.

I caught it pretty good overnight. Lost .20 and I had about 130 votes at last check last night so it took some work to have it dropped that much.

This is the second contest in a row my story went up on a Friday did well all day and got hit overnight.

Friday night is the night for trolling I guess.

Situation Normal...

I too check the results on my new stories way too often. And, yes, 1 bombs have been thrown at a greater rate over the last 48 hours, it seems on mine, and especially at night, as LC mentioned.
I think the big advantage of contests is the extra readers who wouldn't find the story otherwise. Once they 'sweep' the suspect votes, you'll probably see you scores jump up.

Don't worry: you can write because you are both a narcissist and a masochist, you don't have to choose. The behavior you describe sounds more like CDO, or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It is sometimes called OCD, but it looks much better once the letters are arranged alphabetically, doesn't it?
;)

It takes a few contests to get over the army of trolls charging your story like something out of Lord of the Rings.

The first thing you need to remember is where the score of your last contest story ended up once it was all said and done. That's a distinct reminder that even though the trolls may take a few men down, you have healers, and all their effort typically amounts to greasy smoke rising from an anonymous pyre.

I tell myself not to check the number of votes and the score every few minutes. Someone please tell me I am not alone in this obsessive behavior so I don't feel like a complete moron.

You've got to get that under control. Try a schedule like I did:

First thing when I wake up,
after I get dressed,
between making coffee and pouring it,
between each e-mail,
wait!...I need help :(

Back