People flocking to low-tax states could swing future elections

FakeNews

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Posts
1,418
Illinois suffered the largest net population loss of any state in the past year, and due to that loss, it was overtaken by Pennsylvania this year as the fifth-largest state in the country. Major tax increases passed in 2017 will certainly not help this downward economic spiral.

Some current projections show high-tax California is on the bubble to actually lose a congressional seat in 2020 — a shocking development for a state that gained seven seats between 1980 and 1990 alone.

It really all goes back to economics 101. When you tax something, you get less of it, and when you tax something less, you get more of it. Pro-growth policies, such as lighter tax and regulatory burdens, boost state economic activity and attract citizens looking to enhance their wellbeing.

The 2017 Census estimates provide a clear manifestation of how states with competitive, free-market policies continue to win the day.
http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/369536-census-data-show-people-flocking-to-low-tax-states
 
I think that you should have posted this in the other thread. These are just variations on the same story. My 2¢ worth.
 
Guess how many Puerto Ricans moved to Florida and Georgia last year.
 
Some current projections show high-tax California ...
California is near the low end of the tax-load table. California is the world's 6th largest economy, 5th largest if separated from the national economy it drives. Your opinion piece from the slanted THE HILL is fake news, indeed.

...lighter tax and regulatory burdens, boost state economic activity and attract citizens looking to enhance their wellbeing.
Are residents of high-tax Nebraska and Wisconsin fleeing to low-tax Delaware and Alaska?

 
Back
Top