Vintage 40 Prime TWO!

Good evening to all you lovely people.:)
Nice to hear you got spoiled for a change Starry even if it is only for a couple of nights.

Hi everyone,

Thank you Starry for the notice I put this in the wrong place. I did just send a PM to Laurel. When I got to this thread it looks like it is already back to the Playground. Whew!

I do admit it took me a bit of searching to find where the New Thread tab is. Perhaps I need to make a note of it as this wonderful active thread gets to the limit quickly.

With a DB (database) and engineering background I do understand why limiting the size of the active threads improves performance. With static "memory" being relatively cheap the early threads are archived. They are available. I have looked back years and I have a number of entries. That can be interesting.

Now if I can just remember and work out putting this link in my sig. The first time it didn't work.

Have a wonderful week.

So Kayte, could you design me a electric meter that goes in reverse?

I will reward you proudly.

Anybody heard from Blu lately?

Didn't we have a few Ausies in the group too? Seems an over representations of the Empire Staters here and them folks that when you ask where are they from They hold up their hand and start out with, " If my state were a mitten...." Like everybody else is a toddler sitting in the ellipse sucking on a juice box.

True fact NOBODY looks cool sucking on a juice box. I've seen it happen to Operators from 10 different countries, to include our own, Harden warriors from our own country too. We all look like five year-olds when we do it.

RJ, is there a difference between addiction to pot and alcoholism? Given your native-ness and the susceptibility of Native and Irish to alcoholism ( Taught to me in my Alcoholics class) I wonder if it isn't the same thing. And if it proves that pot heads and alcoholics are the same thing. I'd still charge 8 bucks a head to come to my party.

Was discussing the legalize pot situation with a friend yesterday, while I don't smoke it and have no intentions of smoking it I do believe that it is better for you than alcohol. But he pointed out the increase of driving issues with over indulging in the states that allow it's use.. brings on a whole nother set of issues to be considered.

Texted with BK the other day. She has been buried in swim meets with the boy but both seem to be doing well.
She was going to call to catch up when she has a chance to breathe.
Kayte has been really busy too. The summer is her real busy time being able to get out of the house.

The AC makes me want to sleep way too much. I need a nice balance where I have energy to get back to kicking butt.
needles & getting taped today. That will help a lot.

I am hoping that the puppy's mommy can come home Thursday with meds. They still haven't done surgery. They are trying to get her appendix down to where they think it will not burst when they operate. She is so over the whole thing. They will not let her eat or drink anything. She is allowed ice chips. I'd be ready to kill someone since she's been there since Friday.

This is a great little 2 bedroom place over in the section where we have a ton of seasonal rentals. It's a lot like being on vacation. The place is so beachy & full of fun beach art. AND the TV doesn't make everyone green. That took me a while to get used to. But I sure miss my own shower and being able to read in my bed. Plus the guest room is the brightest area in the whole house so no sleeping in here. 6 am it hit the room & floods it with light.

Was discussing the legalize pot situation with a friend yesterday, while I don't smoke it and have no intentions of smoking it I do believe that it is better for you than alcohol. But he pointed out the increase of driving issues with over indulging in the states that allow it's use.. brings on a whole nother set of issues to be considered.

I couldn't/can't smoke anything. I have a Dad who has been smoking since he was 13. Out of his 6 brothers & sisters over half died of cancer from smoking. His breathing is horrible to listen to and he won't give it up at all.

if I ever had to use pot for the medical bennies it would have to be the butter thing in food.

Well, I wondered about that. Isn't DWI/DUI a general "under the influence/while impaired"Statement. Busted for booze busted for dope. The way things are going if it is going to be legalized you should have the methods in place to control it like alcohol. Age limits, licensing, locations to sell. Plus you have the benefits of the cigarette/tobacco nutters in where you can smoke. In Government quarters on post you cannot smoke in your quarters and have to be 50 feet away from them when you do.

If you normalize the use of pot, and let mature people set the mores eventually it will work itself out. You can't smoke at the office, but you can go out for a three martini lunch, ( Or one big ass Margarita made with fresh squeezed orange juice) so why not slip out to a smoking Gazebo at lunch in 20 degree weather, smoke a joint and go back to your cubby to sort data. What's the difference? Happens all the time in most of the construction/ship yards. The over indulger, non performers and the Dangerous will self eliminate.

Starry you are truly the Commo Hub of the page

I don't think I want my bus driver or family doctor smoking up before they do their jobs. I am not saying I never did that in my youth but I was only raiding the fridge after, not driving a car.

Well, I wondered about that. Isn't DWI/DUI a general "under the influence/while impaired"Statement. Busted for booze busted for dope. The way things are going if it is going to be legalized you should have the methods in place to control it like alcohol. Age limits, licensing, locations to sell. Plus you have the benefits of the cigarette/tobacco nutters in where you can smoke. In Government quarters on post you cannot smoke in your quarters and have to be 50 feet away from them when you do.

If you normalize the use of pot, and let mature people set the mores eventually it will work itself out. You can't smoke at the office, but you can go out for a three martini lunch, ( Or one big ass Margarita made with fresh squeezed orange juice) so why not slip out to a smoking Gazebo at lunch in 20 degree weather, smoke a joint and go back to your cubby to sort data. What's the difference? Happens all the time in most of the construction/ship yards. The over indulger, non performers and the Dangerous will self eliminate.

Starry you are truly the Commo Hub of the page

Pot smoke clings more on your clothes than tobacco smoke does, and is more acrid, more distracting, especially when you're in a closed office environment.

People know that, when they're going to be in my office, to not smoke or drink alcohol during lunch. I can't concentrate when I smell either.

Now, if you want to smoke at home, be my guest.

Didn't we have a few Ausies in the group too? Seems an over representations of the Empire Staters here and them folks that when you ask where are they from They hold up their hand and start out with, " If my state were a mitten...." Like everybody else is a toddler sitting in the ellipse sucking on a juice box.

True fact NOBODY looks cool sucking on a juice box. I've seen it happen to Operators from 10 different countries, to include our own, Harden warriors from our own country too. We all look like five year-olds when we do it.

RJ, is there a difference between addiction to pot and alcoholism? Given your native-ness and the susceptibility of Native and Irish to alcoholism ( Taught to me in my Alcoholics class) I wonder if it isn't the same thing. And if it proves that pot heads and alcoholics are the same thing. I'd still charge 8 bucks a head to come to my party.

Addiction is addiction. Granted, there seems to be a proclivity of certain peoples to be more addicted to alcohol - and Irish isn't really one of the highest, Scots Irish is most in the US overall.

With my brother, it's just the normal pleasure centers in his brain love it and cause a physical need for it. You know, like sex addicts, video game addicts..

Gruss Gott Dutchrain.
RJ, I hear ya, a birthday party, or any party is for guests. Tell your brother he needs to pay 8 bucks a head per guest, that may shut him down.

But REALLY? Who The Fuck brings strangers to a family party?

An otherwise trustworthy close relative of mine does. They could at least be individuals with decent personal hygeine but one that showed up at the last family gathering looked and acted like he was the goofiest one out of that lot in the Animal Planet program Call of the Wildman. He sat and bitched the whole time that the food was below his standard and I bit my tongue to keep from asking him why the fuck he didn't just leave. His idea of good social conversation would have favorably impressed top dogs from Al Qaeda.

I've not been here in the new thread yet so I thought I'd stick my head in and say Hello to you, my fellow fab forties (and beyond!) :)

Just like people will lower their expectations, limit progression, or show a lack of trust in the drunk at work, so will they do with a Doper.

I've noticed the smell a house gets when smokers live in it. I grew up in a house where my Mom smoked and all of her friends would gather in the kitchen, all of them smoking like chimneys and drinking coffee and yakety yackin. I don't recall the house smelling like an ash tray, but the house I am renting now has a heavy, obvious smell to it.

Glad it is Friday!!! Steady rains down here at The Great Place.

Welcome to the new people who have found us. BK will be here some time to do the official welcome to the thread.

I think I am done dog sitting for this round. The mommy is supposed to be coming home with meds for 6 weeks to drop down the infection more & then in 6 weeks they will look at taking her appendix out. I think it would freak me out some since it was so close to bursting & they've just had her take meds to drop the infection, no food until yesterday so a week with ice chips... I think I'd be killing someone before they killed me.

awesome turn out for the Sp group we had come home from the sand last night. Turn out was maybe 250 people or so. I wasn't too happy that the media didn't show up t all. We got bumped by all the coverage on the plane that was shot down. Killed the budget for coming out to film the welcome home. :( At least they mentioned it to let the public know to come out.

Back