Rock groups swept into the bin of history.

So how many you know of the younger generation could tell you who wrote it or when it was originally recorded?

Ishmael

Young people today know a hell of a lot more about music of the 60s-70s than young people then knew of music from the 20s-30s.
 
Young people today know a hell of a lot more about music of the 60s-70s than young people then knew of music from the 20s-30s.

I think that's because Boomers thought they invented music...the Classic Rock radio format was so pervasive that their kids had no choice but to know the stuff.
 
I think that's because Boomers thought they invented music...the Classic Rock radio format was so pervasive that their kids had no choice but to know the stuff.

True. That, and the easy access that is available on the internet. If a 15 year old today gets curious, he can find anything he want. A kid in the 60s had to practically be Odysseus if he wanted to hear Robert Johnson or Bix Beiderbecke.
 
Badfinger
Cannibal & the Headhunters
Tammi Terrell (not a band, but half of a duo, and worthy)

All three deserve to be better than footnotes. All had major highs and rock-bottom lows. Badfinger and Tammi are two of rock's saddest stories, period. Tammi's is currently part of two films for 2017, something I predicted years ago here on the GB.
 
aa086579e757ab9806633176ce68b53c.jpg
 
The Knack (weren't they billed as the next beatles?)
Zebra
Free (one great song)
 
You what this vid made me think of? There was a time when three guys could just make music without 12 backup dancers.


Yeah, I could post in this tread nonstop. I have a playlist of just this sort of music. I love playing it for people, and watching them "oh yeah!".
 
Back
Top