Unusual Feedback

SweetPrettyAss

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Posts
892
This is some unusual feedback I received a while ago:

Comments:

Hello,

I first want to thank you for the very orgasmic stories that you have written especially pajama party, I have been trying to hide and lie to myself that i wasn't attracted to women and i pushed away someone that i truly had feeling for and loved. I'm just so glad i run across Literotica and begin reading stories especially yours and they really spoke to me. While reading i desperately wished that was me instead in your story and wanted all of that to happen to me. to be honest yours story has changed my life for the better and has showed what i was missing and i should embrace who and what i am and what will make me the happiest. but i realized to late and lost mine and i don't know if i can win her back.

I'm flattered that I can have that much of an effect on somebody. Most of what I get are just indecent proposals.
 
Congrats. Such feedback makes it worth the effort of writing and the bravery of sharing it.
 
Red "H's", contest wins, slobbering comments, and HOF honors are all nice strokes, but they all become nearly meaningless when a reader tells you privately that you've touched their soul or made them believe in romance again or even helped them rediscover a thirst for living life.

That's when we realize how powerful our words can really be.
 
Even though it is ten years old, I still appreciate this one from anonymous:

I'm impressed

I'm a married female in her 30's, currently on anti-depressants that made my sex drive go fron 55mph to maybe 5 at best. (With my husband using every trick in the book--so to speak--at once).
That was well written, imaginative, and sexy. Plus, I think someone just FLOORED the gas pedal to the metal. Thanks. I needed that. Writer? Try to publish! You can do it.


Not only was it complimentary, it was on one of my stories that is generally not popular. Bagged at the Opera is currently rated 3.73. :rolleyes:
 
The value of honest praise is incalculable. It undoes any hate and motivates the keyboard.

Save it and reread any time you feel less an author.

Now I am off to read Pajama Party.
 
This short comment was left on one of my first Loving Wives stories...

You Suck. I hope you die of aids.

It warmed my heart to read those words. I must have struck a cord...somewhere.
 
This short comment was left on one of my first Loving Wives stories...

You Suck. I hope you die of aids.

It warmed my heart to read those words. I must have struck a cord...somewhere.

I get some like that.

At least we have aroused some passion, even if it is jealousy or anger. :)
 
This short comment was left on one of my first Loving Wives stories...

You Suck. I hope you die of aids.

It warmed my heart to read those words. I must have struck a cord...somewhere.

My favorite:

Made me vomit! Gave it a *1*
 
That's nice to hear. I've gotten some, but I probably cannot discuss it in public.
 
My favorite comment so far is actually two comments. After reading a thread here on the AH about writing as the other gender, I decided to see if I could write a story completely in a woman's voice. Here are the comments that verified I had hit the mark.

Thank you for sharing!
05/23/14 By: xxxxxxxx
All hyperbole aside, this truly is one of the best stories I've read on this site. I didn't expect to like it at first, but it was so compelling, and so brutally honest, I couldn't help but get caught up in it. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Then later that day I received this comment from the same reader

Yep, I fell for it
05/23/14 By: xxxxxxxx
Hook, line and sinker! I believed this was a true story was written by a middle-aged woman...until I took the time to check out the author's profile. I'm even more impressed by this story now.
 
I like the comments that they can't wait to buy the novelization, that they think it's one of the best stories at LIT, that a long-time lurker finally signed up with LIT just so they could vote for and fave me, stuff like that. They make the DIE MAGGOT DIE comments fade into dust.
 
This one of my favs on God Mother...


Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave
05/09/11 By:xxxxxxxxxx
This story is fantastic. You have a god-mother who is in love with her god-son who later we find out is his cousin, a cousin his age who is is in love with Cole and lives with Cole's god-mother, and a mother who at the end of the story (to date) has become an "oh god" mother. Now jeb_carter I want read how you work your way out of this one! Given what you have written so far I think your skills as a master writer and your imagination will put you in good stead. Thanks for the privilege.
 
You changed someone's life. What better reward could you ask for. It's great.
 
I've yet to get a Die Maggot Die email, and now I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. Though I have had someone tell me I woke something in them they desperately wished I hadn't, and it lead to a fascinating conversation.

I find there's nothing quite as tantalizing as the email that runs "you touched something deep in me with your story. Thank you so much" - addressed from Anon. Which story? How did it touch you? Did you identify with it? See it as a not-me that you need to confront? Where are you in life and will the story make a lasting change in you? TALK TO ME YOU HORRENDOUS TEASE, but of course you can't contact them back and you never hear from them again. And I can never quite shake off the suspicion that what I touched off in them was a desire to take up axe murdering or something. Could you please be a little more SPECIFIC?

To the OP: I note with some amusement that with a nickname like SweetPrettyAss and a Location like "Anywhere I can get laid" you seem startled to get indecent proposals. I'm sure you're shocked, just shocked. *smirk*
 
I've yet to get a Die Maggot Die email, and now I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. Though I have had someone tell me I woke something in them they desperately wished I hadn't, and it lead to a fascinating conversation.

I get that email all the time :D
 
Been getting some of your email though...where should I forward it too? File 13? ;)

Just tell them I've had enough of their penis enlargers. My flaccid four inches remains unchanged.
And you can tell Britney Spears that I'm a married man and I cannot accede to her importunings.
The rest can be deleted with extreme prejudice ;)
 
One comment I got was that although my stories were good, I was misusing sexual slang in my stories set in America, specifically the word "cunt". However, it was not said whether it was the use of this word as an insult or in its literal sense that was incorrect.

I rarely use the term cunt in my works, either as an insult or meaning vagina, but in one story I used it both ways; a female character calling a male character this as a term of insult, and a another sexually aggressive female character referring to her vagina as her cunt during sex.

However, thinking about the use of the word cunt in American movies, it is used both ways. In Bridesmaids, the lead character Annie is fired from her job after she tells a snotty teenage girl "You're a little cunt." In One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, MacMurphy describes Nurse Ratched as "She's a bit of a cunt"; while in The Heartbreak Kid, the main character Eddie, fearing his beautiful young bride Lila might be a psycho, has his fears confirmed when she screeches "You fucking cunt!" at him when he attempts to put lotion on her sunburn.

Then there are cases of using cunt in its literal sense, such as in Silence of the Lambs when Clarice Starling meets Hannibal Lecter for the first time, and another prisoner says to her "I can smell your cunt." And in Porkys, a diner waitress is fooled into paging a customer called Mike Hunt, and calls out "Has anyone seen Mike Hunt?"
 
I once had a guy send me a two-page outline detailing plot structure and character development for the next chapter of a story I submitted. He was quite insistent that his vision was the only way to go. And, in fact, he had some pretty good ideas. I was kind of flattered that someone had become so invested in one of my stories.

SweetPrettyAss... it bothers me that you thought my proposal was "indecent."
 
I once had a guy send me a two-page outline detailing plot structure and character development for the next chapter of a story I submitted. He was quite insistent that his vision was the only way to go. And, in fact, he had some pretty good ideas. I was kind of flattered that someone had become so invested in one of my stories.

SweetPrettyAss... it bothers me that you thought my proposal was "indecent."

Indecent proposals don't bother me. I'm actually pretty flattered at getting them.

I've had people try to rewrite dialogue for me too. I usually resent it, and can get snippy in my responses to that kind of feedback.
 
Back
Top