The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life has a way of bringing
together people who are meant to meet.
Some fall into loveless affairs for no other reason
than to be with someone. Others simply lust for
what they can't have. There are those who find
the deepest pleasure in nameless faces with willing
bodies to share the night's allure for playful acts.
Then there are those who find a person to make
everything in their lives finally make sense.
:heart::kiss::heart:
 
What, you don't have a to do list? I was teasing! And anyway, I have lots of lists, Mr. Noon. So there.

Grins wickedly. Oh, I like lists. Lists are a lot of fun. I especially like coercing people to read to me the contents of a list that they don't particularly want me to know about. Eyes gleaming playfully.

Also, I need more lists.
 
Grins wickedly. Oh, I like lists. Lists are a lot of fun. I especially like coercing people to read to me the contents of a list that they don't particularly want me to know about. Eyes gleaming playfully.

Also, I need more lists.

Lists are wonderful. Everyone should utilize them. I find them particularly useful for things I'm trying to remember - like not tell anyone about my secret lists! :rolleyes:

And I actually can't find my grocery list. Crap.
 
LT - I feel...isolated...here

Its really only here. It used to be home

Its me as much as anything else. I just don't fit here anymore.

You put this into the perfect words to describe how I feel too. But I would add only one thing. When I first started here I would read every post in every thread, except for where someone was writing a scene with another because I felt that was meant to be private.

I looked forward to getting home from work and catching up on all that my friends here (and in those days just about everyone was my friend, or so I considered them to be.) had been up to while I was away. I enjoyed it.

But sometimes reading through everything would leave me feeling disconnected and irrelevant, out of place, like I couldn't relate to what is popular here. And sometimes when I would start reading through all the threads, I would feel good, but by the time I finished I would feel bad.

As time has passed, I've found that those times are happening more and more. What I used to enjoy, I now find is making me feel bad. I've begun skipping more and more threads that hold no interest for me, or actively upset me. Yet I still end up feeling bad more and more often. So I have been asking myself lately why I would continue to do something that makes me feel bad, or at the very least, does not give me the pleasure it once did.

And that is why I've been staying away more, that and real life things that have kept me busy. I still enjoy the few stories I have here, and I still write to them. And when I get a PM I still try to answer it. When I log in for that, I read through some of the threads here and might make a comment or two. But like with yesterday, I feel like maybe I shouldn't do even that much. What I thought was a simple humorous comment turned out to upset someone, and I never meant for that.

So this is not meant as a complaint about Lit or anyone here. Just an explanation for how it makes me feel and why I'm not around as much.
 
So this is not meant as a complaint about Lit or anyone here. Just an explanation for how it makes me feel and why I'm not around as much.

Hugs an elf and gives her a quick kiss. But there's still those of us who think this place is better because it has people like you around. Grins. Even if we're not around for a long time.

Not that you should feel obliged to stick around if you don't want to. Just wanted to let you know that you are appreciated.
 
Hugs an elf and gives her a quick kiss. But there's still those of us who think this place is better because it has people like you around. Grins. Even if we're not around for a long time.

Not that you should feel obliged to stick around if you don't want to. Just wanted to let you know that you are appreciated.

I really missed you, Noon. :kiss:
 
I love this place. And it has nothing to do with the people here (because that is constantly in flux) or the threads in the lounge or what drama, or story, or person is here, because that constantly changes as well. If I cannot be flexible in those changes, then this is not the place to be.

What I love is my ability to create worlds, and spaces and place with talented folks. To dance with my words, to challenge my own perceptions of the world and find alternate lenses.

And yes. You can do that in the lounge.
And if you aren't?
Then now is your chance.
 
*catches it*

*unfolds it carefully*

*takes out a pen and writes inside it*
Don't think this pony won't trample you!
*folds it back up and sends it flying right back*

*grabs it...unfolds it...reads it...*

*giggles*

*scrounges for pen...scribbles*

Bring it on, goldie!

*sends back to Scuttles*
 
*grabs it...unfolds it...reads it...*

*giggles*

*scrounges for pen...scribbles*

Bring it on, goldie!

*sends back to Scuttles*

*chuckles and catches it out of midair*

*unfolds careful, reads*

*looks up at her with an arched brow*

*shakes his head*

*writes quickly*
Those are known as 'famous last words.'
*folds it back up*

*aims carefully and throws it upwards so it dives at her*
 
*chuckles and catches it out of midair*

*unfolds careful, reads*

*looks up at her with an arched brow*

*shakes his head*

*writes quickly*
Those are known as 'famous last words.'
*folds it back up*

*aims carefully and throws it upwards so it dives at her*

*watches, stifling the giggles*

*waits for the paper airplane to fall, catching it gingerly*

You smashed it!

*sticks something in the paper airplane*

*sends it back again*
 
LT: You tell me there's no gas in ur van so I can't go pick up my check and pay you but then you pull out a $100 bill so you can buy yourself food??

FLT: And why in the hell did I have to ask YOUR daughter if I could use YOUR van in the first damned place??
 
LT ~ Sad things like this are needed but glad they're trying to think of new ways to help.

It's so sad that these kinds of messages are even needed to begin with. I do wonder if these types of ads are helping much. If the child is living in too much fear, they're going to be afraid to reach out. But, at least they're trying. Can't help if you don't know there's a problem to begin with. Since people tend to not want to get involved, I guess the only thing they can do is try to reach the victims themselves. It's too bad they can't come up with something for adult victims too.
 
My Dr has high hopes telling me to keep this splint on my wrist for at least one week but would prefer two weeks. not even 12 hours yet and this thing is driving me nuts
 
My Dr has high hopes telling me to keep this splint on my wrist for at least one week but would prefer two weeks. not even 12 hours yet and this thing is driving me nuts

I hope it doesn't drive you too nuts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top