BrettJ & NRSE's Beautiful Bistro & Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do as well, but thanks for the thought.

Problem with things is, I wake up slowly and tire easily. Both have to change.

BrettJ

Author / Bored in Canada / Sensualist
 
THRILLED to announce that I just completed a new & (I think) very hot chapter of one of my older series. As some of you know, writing isn't as simple for me as it used to be - so this is one in the "win" column. Once edited, I can add it to the publisher package as well.

With luck, I might even complete another later on today or tonight.

BrettJ

Writer / Creator / Sensualist
 
You and I spoke of that the other day in the previous thread. I've restarted my "idea" file - the one in which I will store stories I've thought of, plotted out or already begun so I don't lose them again. I have a number that I've begun and stopped part of the way through. What led me to write a new chapter piece was that this one had a number of hits - RECENTLY - and I was able to come up with a new chapter easily while remembering bits and pieces of the former continuity.

That same continuity will give the published version a bit of backstory for the reader while allowing the tale to stand on its own.

BrettJ

Author / Editing / Sensualist
 
I had three ideas for my November 50K novel in 30 days project. Now it's up to five, one being a horror piece, the other new one is fantasy story.
 
Sometimes you just have to go with your gut and choose the one you want to do most, hoping it will also entertain the readers. I often put 1 aside if I'm not into it at the present, only to return later and knock it out of the park.

Nearly done the editing, SCORE one for the big guy.

Oddly, last night's Simpson's episode (I know it was a rerun from earlier this season, but I hadn't seen it) was about writing, with guest-star Neil Gaiman. Neil and I share several friends in common, but we've never met. Odd to see he's now considered that big of a star.

BrettJ

Author / Remembers "Sandman" / Sensualist
 
Oh then there's the Novel-in-stories/short story cycle (sometimes referred to as a story sequence or composite novel) ideas I've had for a while...ARGH!!
 
So - STOP "ARGH"-ing and start. Sometimes once you get past the initial "Oh, God help me" stage, you actually get in the zone and it flows.

Can't believe I'm saying this - I'm almost done another one! To be honest, it was close a few days back and I'm just now adding to it to finish it up, but man ...

Here's a weird thing I will share, as I've shared on my Tumblr blog - the story morphed as I was writing it. It was supposed to be about 1 thing, but went another direction. The "one thing" will show up in another chapter because I want this one done for the publishers tonight as well.

BrettJ

Writer / In the "Zone" today / Sensualist
 
I should, write some horror-centered short stories, link them together..and scare the crap out of my wife LOL
 
Have you ever done erotic horror? I've done some erotic fantasy, but not that genre.

DONE!

TWO in a day - oh yeah, yay me! I can't believe I accomplished that! Especially with MY sucky mood.

BrettJ

Author / Yep - zone, definitely, ZONE! / Sensualist
 
Have you ever done erotic horror? I've done some erotic fantasy, but not that genre.

DONE!

TWO in a day - oh yeah, yay me! I can't believe I accomplished that! Especially with MY sucky mood.

BrettJ

Author / Yep - zone, definitely, ZONE! / Sensualist

I've done a few short stories in the subgenre. I can do it well, since, well, I've had many supernatural experiences, many nightmares I can remember as well
 
Zero supernatural experiences for me and while I could remember nightmares after they happened, not stuck in the memory banks.

I was VERY pleased with one I wrote about a young woman's romance with a "fairy" (I spelled it the proper way in the story). I will likely return to those characters. Having to re-examine my old work to download it (not all at once) has prompted several new ideas for older characters, including the one before this one (this one is fairly new) and others.

Heading out in 10, so TTFN all.

BrettJ

Author / Not Quite as Bleahh as Before / Sensualist
 
Home now, have been for a while. Didn't want to post here until I could say that I'd posted TWO today - so that's pretty good for me. Dare I hope for 3? Perhaps if I say within a 24 hour period as opposed to an actual day.

BrettJ

Author / Home and Sitting / Sensualist
 
BrettJ's Blog - Talking to Myself

It is an odd experience for me to be so "jazzed" about writing, but hey - I am NOT going to fight it.

I can't believe that 2 complete new stories of mine will be on the site in a few short days. Or that I'm already several hundred words into a THIRD story - with ideas for a fourth and a fifth.

One of the next stories is actually started, so there is a good chance I will complete that in short order.

I've been through a lot in the last few years. It would be one in the "win" column if I actually managed to complete the package for my publisher. I could send it in and see what the future holds.

Here's hoping all of you enjoy the long weekend. I guess I will be spending most of mine here at the computer, working - but enjoying the process.

BrettJ

Author / Blogger / Sensualist
 
No, it's not odd at all. I feel the same way when I finish a program or subroutine at work.
 
Having some pineapple, as I wanted a snack and didn't want something complicated.

Taking a small break from the writing, but the new story should interest some.

BrettJ

Author / Watching TV / Sensualist
 
One thing I do miss from the old LIT is having others here late at night.

BrettJ in Canada
 
Woot Woot BrettJ!!!

Nothing wrong with getting that writing groove on!
My weekend has been here at work. I'm sitting in a parking garage on my cell. Pondering if my actions yesterday evening have made the way around the rumor mill yet. And wandering what will Monday bring me. I went toe to toe with a Doctor. The first time I actually "talked back" to one. This girl may feel the sting later but she stood her ground. More later but for now off to work I go!!

Love and hugs to all. And a kiss or two thrown in.
 
Congrats on getting so much writing done. Pineapple is a wonderful fruit, a
Though Ms SC is not a fan.

NRSE, just keep doing what is best for the patient. Do you find you work better with some doctors than with others?
 
Despite their attitude, doctors are not infallible. And the will never admit being wrong. They are a tight community that watch out for each other. I have learned.
Good luck, NRSE.
 
Hello to all as I start my day.

Don't worry about it NRSE. I've never been one to back down to "authority figures", especially if I think they're wrong. This too, shall likely pass.

Going out a little later, otherwise, nothing day.

BrettJ

Writer / Barely Awake in Canada / Sensualist
 
Finally getting lunch. I had a sparce lunch yesterday and missed dinner altogether. I'm strarving. If I can hold out until tomorrow morning. Plans to have Chick Fil A for breakfast. Then my Nephews birthday party. I can't wait. Hope you all are having a good day.
 
Finally getting lunch. I had a sparce lunch yesterday and missed dinner altogether. I'm strarving. If I can hold out until tomorrow morning. Plans to have Chick Fil A for breakfast. Then my Nephews birthday party. I can't wait. Hope you all are having a good day.

you must feed that gorgeous frame of yours.......:D
 
New poster, welcome.

Sucky day so far NRSE, I went back to bed for an hour. Heading out now and won't be home until tonight. I am just going to have some coffee first and come back tonight with the intent of writing. Didn't make the 3 in 24 hour amount, but I did start a 3rd and 4th - so it's looking good.

BrettJ

Author / Off for the Nonce / Studmuppet
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top