The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tumbler full of Redbreast for you, then, dear Di.

It's best to take plenty of liquids when one is sick.

Staying in bed for a few days is good as well; I'd recommend you do it with a warm and naked friend.

When should I come visit?

when the anti-biotics are working!

Di, a glass of Merlot to you.

:kiss: One good morning kiss for you HP and :kiss: for the Dragon;)

Oh Tricia, what a sweet and kissable décolletage. May I?

Meanwhile, in the real world, the muse is running hot; two stories into submission. I think I'll have a drink of plum brandy.
Anyone else ?

Oh Tricia, what a sweet and kissable décolletage. May I?

Meanwhile, in the real world, the muse is running hot; two stories into submission. I think I'll have a drink of plum brandy.
Anyone else ?
Be careful with all that mixing of liquors, HP; remember what happened to Sebastien Flyte!

Hello all!

I'm back home after attending my second meeting of the local writers' circle. I volunteered to read one of my poems during the members' readings part of the meeting. Nervous as hell, 'cos I'm not good at speaking in public and have made rather a hash of presentations at work. But this seemed to go down quite well, so I'm feeling rather chuffed!

On Seeing a Cat Kill a Mouse

Nature, red in tooth and claw
Snuffed a life wi’ bloody maw
And in that instant, then, we saw
Our own demise
For we are fragile creatures too
In death’s cold eyes

One moment hale and hearty men
The future’s bright, we hardly ken
How quick it all can crumble when
Fate takes a swipe
And lays us low with one fell blow
What e’er our stripe

We gather rosebuds while we may
For death will come for us one day
A sleekit cat in search of prey
With which to toy
To stretch the agony for years
Then kill for joy

Greeting, Beastie.
Have a glass of something to celebrate.

Tio.
I never watched Brideshead; never managed to get my head round a full-grown man with a teddy bear.
But I will be careful of the drinking.
< handshake>

Nae bad, Me Eesome boy with rhyme. Inspired by Robbie's Scottish Stanza form? A nice little poem.

Yes, inspired by vague memories of reading Burns at school. I was aiming for something with a rythm and a flow for being read aloud, and it works well with my accent, mild but rolling.

Greeting, Beastie.
Have a glass of something to celebrate.

Tio.
I never watched Brideshead; never managed to get my head round a full-grown man with a teddy bear.
But I will be careful of the drinking.
< handshake>
Did have an arguement over Brideshead with a colleague once; she never had considered that it might actually be a classical tragedy. I can see some other interpretations, but it still comes down to such a loss of good things for the sake of a character flaw to me.

Yes, inspired by vague memories of reading Burns at school. I was aiming for something with a rythm and a flow for being read aloud, and it works well with my accent, mild but rolling.
Yes, again, Eesome; I could hear it spoken as I read it; definitely the work of a natural bard.

And Damned good it is.
I've had my Ass shot at for complining that much of the poetry on here is of the "declamatory" sort, with little rhyme or rhythm
Yours is; it had both and I like it!

Now; straight malt is it ?

And Damned good it is.
I've had my Ass shot at for complining that much of the poetry on here is of the "declamatory" sort, with little rhyme or rhythm
Yours is; it had both and I like it!

Now; straight malt is it ?
Sounds good to me, HP. I'd fancy a Sherry-finished Glenmorangie ere I leave...

Thanks!

And I wouldn't say no to a dram. Talisker if there's a bottle of that behind the bar. Love the mildly peaty taste of that one.

What you describe as a "peaty" taste reminds me of gargling with TCP when I was a kid.
But there is a bottle of Tallisker; here, get yoursel' on the outside of that.

What you describe as a "peaty" taste reminds me of gargling with TCP when I was a kid.
But there is a bottle of Tallisker; here, get yoursel' on the outside of that.

You're not going to get a job writing advertising copy comparing whisky to TCP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back