God

Du kannst niemals tiefer fallen als in Gottes Hand.

You´ll never fall deeper like in the hand of god.

Also, where are you getting this creative "definition" of a day from? I don't think that you're getting it from the bible, are you?
;)

It's from 2 Peter. One of the more well known verses of the Bible. How does even an atheist not know this?

Come on, man. I feel bad enough about suggesting you didn't really care about personal liberty and were more likely to mock other people's beliefs than defend them. I was way off, and I'm sorry.

Where in the world did you run across a turd that convinced you that "other people's beliefs" need your defending them?

Of course, as your documented "mock"ing of "other people's beliefs" - which you don't happen to share - proves...

...you're simply more attracted to the allure of the turd than to the truth.

Plus, you seem to have spent some time thinking about the state of my cock. Until now, I hadn't considered that you might be gay, I just thought were celibate. This paints you in a whole new light.

If you can play a Jew on the net...

...I don't see where there's anything that says you also can't also be your own artist.

Christianity absolutely needs new recruits, if you believe otherwise, you're being completely naive.

Do you think the leadership of your church thinks that it's ok to not get new blood involved? That's preposterous.

They teach you to "spread the gospel", and to talk about it in a non-confrontational manner in the same ways that the hare krishnas and other cults do.

Believe it or not the churches I've been apart of want new people involved because we cared about people. They do talk about how to approach people in a non-confrontational way for 2 reasons. 1. You don't want to turn the person off. 2. There is a lack of desire to get the crap beat out of ya. :eek:

I'm sure many organizations use "tactics" to get new recruits. The military, religions, industry, etc etc. I don't think you can only compare it to those negatively thought of like the hare krishnas and cults.

Well, science can prove that the earth (and the universe) is still not done being created, after billions of years... so how do you explain that the bible got that part wrong?

Also, where are you getting this creative "definition" of a day from? I don't think that you're getting it from the bible, are you?
;)

Yep, I quoted it in my post 2 Peter 3:8.

Create means to bring something into existence. I really would like to know the scientific information that tells you that the earth and universe is still being created. In my opinion,. in order to create something you need a creator.

‘But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:8 (KJV)

Peter wasn't talking about the definition of time in that verse. The context actually has nothing to do with the days of creation. It isn't defining a day because it doesn’t say ‘a day IS a thousand years’. It says "A day is LIKE a thousand years. What he meant can be derived from the context of the whole verse—and that is that the readers should not lose heart because God seems slow at fulfilling His promises. It's because He is patient, and also because He is not bound by time as we are.

Last edited:
Self-described believers arguing for the existence of God and self-described atheists arguing against the existence of God...

...two sides of the same doofus coin.

As the Nazarene reportedly said:

and one arch doofus presumably wasting his time reading pointless posts AND seeing fit to comment....

Believe it or not the churches I've been apart of want new people involved because we cared about people.

You meant "a part of." The word "apart" always signifies a separation, i.e. "apart from." Not trying to be a smart ass, but when you used the word in a context completely opposite its meaning it jumped out at me.

I'll leave now.

And how about the remains of the Roman governor Pontius Pilate found in a monument in Caesarea, Israel, in 1961. and in 1990 in Jerusalem a discovery of an ossuary, a burial box for bones, bearing the name of Caiaphas, the high priest who condemned Jesus. just to name a couple

I would be interested in seeing this archaeological evidence of Jesus.

There is no current direct evidence nor would anyone really expect there to be. Most scholars agree that He was real though. There is some dissent but it has shrunk over the years. We're more likely to find evidence of His siblings or disciples.

I would be interested in seeing this archaeological evidence of Jesus.

The term "Christ myth theory" is an umbrella term that applies to a range of arguments that in one way or another question the authenticity of the existence of Jesus or the essential elements of his life as described in the Christian gospels.[106][107][108][109] Among the variants of the Jesus myth theory, the notion that Jesus never existed has little scholarly support, and although some modern scholars adhere to it, they remain a distinct minority; virtually all scholars involved with historical Jesus research believe that his existence can be established.[5][110][111]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

From what I was reading on here....setting the faith issue aside....it seems that most scholars believe that Jesus existed. They seem to agree in two things in particular.....that Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist....and that Jesus was crucified.

The reference in Josephus is pretty sound.:)

In which Josephus (Titus Flavius Josephus if you prefer, but either way, he was a Jew), NEVER referred to Jesus as Messiah?

Messiah and the born again story was created (IMO) to :

a) Promulgate a central theme early converts could get behind;
b) Quell early Christian political divisions
c) Diminish the role of women in early Christian traditions

What better way of greedily snapping up the market in conversions than putting forward a guy who would not die! The Son of God no less. Can;t argue with that, needs no proof either.

Josephus referred to JEsus as Christ, as a teacher of men, as a prophet but NEVER as the Son of God. All of that came long after JEsus' death. JEsus himself would probably have been appalled that his teachings were taking out of context and he was promoted to deity status.

Jesus taught about spiritual fulfilment and self-improvement bodily and spiritually through his teachings. Not through him - himself. In the Gnostic Gospels there are Zoroastrian traits which I firmly believe JEsus learnt when he went East to India during his disappearance for around 20 years (around 10 - 30 y/old). There is some evidence for this.

You meant "a part of." The word "apart" always signifies a separation, i.e. "apart from." Not trying to be a smart ass, but when you used the word in a context completely opposite its meaning it jumped out at me.

I'll leave now.

Don't leave!!! Thank you for pointing that out. I tend to combine words and type fast. I need to slow down. I am a part of :D the a lot, alot problem and when I type fast I write your instead of you're. :eek:

In which Josephus (Titus Flavius Josephus if you prefer, but either way, he was a Jew), NEVER referred to Jesus as Messiah?

Messiah and the born again story was created (IMO) to :

a) Promulgate a central theme early converts could get behind;
b) Quell early Christian political divisions
c) Diminish the role of women in early Christian traditions

What better way of greedily snapping up the market in conversions than putting forward a guy who would not die! The Son of God no less. Can;t argue with that, needs no proof either.

Josephus referred to JEsus as Christ, as a teacher of men, as a prophet but NEVER as the Son of God. All of that came long after JEsus' death. JEsus himself would probably have been appalled that his teachings were taking out of context and he was promoted to deity status.

Jesus taught about spiritual fulfilment and self-improvement bodily and spiritually through his teachings. Not through him - himself. In the Gnostic Gospels there are Zoroastrian traits which I firmly believe JEsus learnt when he went East to India during his disappearance for around 20 years (around 10 - 30 y/old). There is some evidence for this.

Oh - And Josephus was getting his knowledge first hand - from people that would have personally met & known JEsus.

Don't leave!!! Thank you for pointing that out. I tend to combine words and type fast. I need to slow down. I am a part of :D the a lot, alot problem and when I type fast I write your instead of you're. :eek:

I think I noticed it because my mom does something similar. She'll take words that sound alike and use them in the wrong context. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard her express her enthusiasm for something by saying "That's idea." What she meant was "that's ideal."

But there are at least a dozen words I've heard her confuse. Her "creativity" in that regard is amazing. It's like having my own Yogi Berra in the family -- or as she would say, Yogi "Bear." ;)

Believe it or not the churches I've been apart of want new people involved because we cared about people. They do talk about how to approach people in a non-confrontational way for 2 reasons. 1. You don't want to turn the person off. 2. There is a lack of desire to get the crap beat out of ya. :eek:

I'm sure many organizations use "tactics" to get new recruits. The military, religions, industry, etc etc. I don't think you can only compare it to those negatively thought of like the hare krishnas and cults.

They talk about how to approach people in the first place, because they use you as a part of their propaganda arm of the church. You're a recruiting tool.

A cult is a cult is a cult, whether christian, krishna, or church of christ of latter day saints.

Yep, I quoted it in my post 2 Peter 3:8.

Create means to bring something into existence. I really would like to know the scientific information that tells you that the earth and universe is still being created. In my opinion,. in order to create something you need a creator.

Who creates dark matter?

e4cad2ab141813603f4380ee947c9a7f89ef3f34_m.jpg

Two ideas are psychologically deep-rooted in man: self-protection and self-preservation. For self-protection man has created God, on whom he depends for his own protection, safety and security, just as a child depends on its parent. For self-preservation man has conceived the idea of an immortal Soul or Atman, which will live eternally. In his ignorance, weakness, fear, and desire, man needs these two things to console himself. Hence he clings to them deeply and fanatically

Do you think if we all prayed to the big chief in the sky for a loving, peaceful Christmas free from violence and murder just for once he'd listen and do the decent thing?

If so, how many of us need to pray for the Big One to listen to his loved ones?

Do you think if we all prayed to the big chief in the sky for a loving, peaceful Christmas free from violence and murder just for once he'd listen and do the decent thing?

If so, how many of us need to pray for the Big One to listen to his loved ones?

"All"

They talk about how to approach people in the first place, because they use you as a part of their propaganda arm of the church. You're a recruiting tool.

A cult is a cult is a cult, whether christian, krishna, or church of christ of latter day saints.

Who creates dark matter?

“For by Him [Jesus Christ] all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible” (Col. 1:16). No matter how you define dark matter, it is covered by this verse.

Well I can't dispute your definition of cult. To you my practices may be seen as abnormal or bizarre.

Back