Club Lost and Found

Nadya sighed taking the clothes and shook her head.

Essence its safe here... Arianna has seen to that. Neither of you look too comfortable around so many peoplethere are more quiet areas upstairs with calmer music as well I don't know what Katia was thinking tonight with this band...

Why don't you two go up there.. there is a room where she can get dressed again if she will relax and be human again. You are lucky normally she hides and does not engage talking to anyone. Must be something about you she connected with interesting...

She pointed towards the door leading to the upper level. Arianna had just opened it up as a more laid back private area that could be divided up as needed.
 
Harrison pursed his lips debating whether or not to leave-Essence was it-here and make his way back to the apartment and his calm ordered life.

The upstairs was much quieter and he brought Essence to the first room he found unoccupied. He sat and stroked his hand down her spine wondering why he was doing this.

People. No matter who they were, how complicated they became, they all craved human contact-or not quite so human contact.
 
A few moments away from the crowd and the main band she calmed and curled there content for a little bit but those ice blue eyes never really stopped studying his face and eyes. Her mind thought over questions and her explainable curiosity about this beyond human male here with her... what exactly was he... why was there such a strong sorrow scent about him...

Eventually she tried to grip the dress strap in her teeth and pull it over to the little room off the main area of this upper floor. Making her way there she moved behind the door and shifting back to human she whimpered a little not using her human form often that transformation was a little more painful.. Finally she was back to her human form and once more wearing the dress and walked back out.

More peaceful... much better... Like Marsha Ambrosius better than tonight's band
 
Smoother, easier, music at a more reasonable decibal level filled the room as Harrison finally saw the woman that had cracked open his shell sahsayed back in her dress.

Pretty like Lilly, but with dark hair to her honeyed blond locks.

Welcome back-Essence is it? Now, care to take a seat?
 
Yes... I am called Essence...

She sat down on the little couch with a smile.

And you would be?
 
Just Harrison.

She sat down beside him on the couch and Harrison felt a fresh wave of awkwardness. She was the prettiest girl since Lilly he had spent more than five minutes with. He looked down at his hands and fumbled through a typical response.

So what brings you here?
 
Nice to meet you Harrison

She bit at her lip at his question she was not used to being around people as a human that often.

Nadya is a friend and she thinks I should try to live more... human. I am not comfortable too often in this form.

She glanced over and smiled

Since you run from them and hide from them too what brought you to this place?
 
Weakness, mine, specifically.

He looked sidelong at her. Debating on whether to elaborate.

I'm a vampire, Essence, and a specific and very rare strain of Vampire, too.
 
Vampire... I once knew a vampire... strange old man... kept thinking I was one too even in feline form due to my fangs. Explain if you wish... I am curious?

She smiled relaxing some and attempting to curl up on her portion of the couch still a little awkward with human form.
 
She curled up in her cushion, legs tucked in against herself like a cat getting comfortable.

I was once a human, I lived as a bank-robber back in the old west, the real old west. That is, until I got caught. And while I was waiting to be hanged for my crimes she came to me.
 
She listened intently her head tilted slightly as she watched him. His eyes and expressions as he spoke. There was something about this She that he mentioned. She smiled a little as she listened... smoothing her hand over the dress her eyes not leaving him but she did tug a little at the fabric of the dress trying to get used to it.
 
Her name was Lilly and she, and she worked as a whore down at the town brothel. But being a Succubus, she had a problem. She had a powerful natural allure. Everyone she came around inevitably fell in love with her. Imagine the jealous lovers fighting with eachother, the what we'd call dangerous stalkers these days....she just wanted someone to talk to that couldn't see her or get too close. So she'd come to my jailcell window and we would talk night after night.

He looked over to Essence with a reminiscent smile.

It didn't work. I fell in love with her that first night, and she told me she fell in love with me that night as well. But we talked any way, until the night before the day I was to be hanged. Before the sunrise she grabbed the bars of on my window and pulled me free. We ran and she turned me, Essence. The day I was to die, I became a Vampire, an Incubus.
 
In...cu...bus. Interesting... I do not think I have heard that form of Vampire.

She noted the smile and softly smiled back knowing it was more than likely not for her but still the smile was soothing and drew her just that little bit closer.
 
He nodded as she tested out the word.

Incubus, a rare strain of vampire, we can nourish ourselves by either blood or....

He glanced to her and blushed.

...or the energy generated through sexual contact.

He raised his hands defensively between them.

You must understand. I am not looking to you for anything like that. You approached me, remember? And I haven't had any sex since Lilly died.
 
She smirked a very feline smile as she heard him. She had never thought about contact like that outside of those infernal moments of heat. She then laughed a little shaking her head.

You wield too much scent of sorrow not hunger...

I have asked now fair turn you ask? If you want.
 
Alright, Essence, fair enough, I've bored you long enough with my sob story. What's yours?
 
Not sob story Harrison... just story of you...

She wrinkled a brow at him calling it a sob story then thought for a moment.

I am shifter as you have seen but not like my kind... They were all leopard... I can become... more than that.

She shook her head still not sure how or why she could do what she could do.

I can... become any feline... they did not know what to make of that... some thought it a curse others who had dealt with the world of man thought it was some mutation that would affect everyone if I was not sent away so once they thought I could be free from my mother I was sent away... maybe long before I should have been. I have learned to survive by hiding as the larger cats in the wild and the house cat form you saw when around humans.
 
She didn't understand, but he had only told her the beginning of his story, not the sad part.

So you're like me...only here to dip your toe in the water and see if its to your liking.

Essence you're a beautiful woman, but if you are more comfortable in your feline form feel free to assume that shape again.
 
I do not know if you would be able to understand me in that form Harrison.

She did want to shift if even for a little bit but she did not want to be rude and was enjoying talking to him.

I... I am okay... your turn tell more of your tale.
 
After I was turned Lilly and I were married and we traveled across the world...Paris...Venice...Rome...Istanbul...Cairo....Fiji....Shanghai...Reo De Jenero...we never stayed in one place for long. For her it was her Allure....she could not turn it off, and everyone we encountered fell in love with her...but she chose me...

He stopped as emotion gripped him. He missed her.

...And I kept on the move because I was still a wanted man for those bankrobberries and escaping from the Tombstone jail.
 
Travel is fun Cairo is a little weird for me but still nice... So many years of traveling I bet stuff changes more than anyone can imagine in just one lifetime. I don't know how long my kind live... I am sure its long but I don't know.

She bit her lip at the sadness she could smell from him and the calm he gave her she moved on instinct and nudged his hand with hers.
 
At first he recoiled but he shook himself and turned to her.

Listen to me going on....like some over-melodramatic soap opera. I'm sorry, Essence, I must be such a downer to you.
 
No... As I said I am curious... I... Perhaps Nadya is right... I have lived alone as a feline far too long I tend to act more on instinct than human understanding of what to do.

She curled back unsure if her actions had been acceptable or not. She bit her lip as she thought for a moment.
 
He smiled whimsically.

Curiosity and cats again...well...

He reached out and took her hand.

I have a unique perculiarity of my own. When a succubus draws sexual energy from me she gets more...double...sometimes as much as quadruple what she'd normally collect, and what I didn't know until it was too late too much exposure makes it progressively addictive and made Lilly increasingly irrational too.

He looked down at her hand remembering something Lilly told him in Hong Kong once...

"Hmmm, I swear, my love if I could chain you to my bed and make love to you every minute of every day I would."

prophetic words. He thought sadly.
 
This past still is very present to you... Part of why you hide?

She stared at his hand and hers too. the feel of another human hand was so very different in this form. She wiggled her fingers a little before moving her eyes back to his face.

I do not really know what it is like to have anyone like that... Just those who find themselves deep within the middle of heat when it strikes me.
 
Back
Top